• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think someone stated before that role were randomized?
so I just think we shouldn't be looking too deep into them anymore
I've pretty much already dropped the mechanical read on UP as you can probably already tell

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What makes Boom back to being priority and why do you think order matters? Is it because of the info that could be gained from the flip?
His play Day 1; He focused on defending Ninja and didn't really have a push until he omgused UP. Order matters because of support, if we don't lynch Boom and he is scum, there may be a chance wagons can be tied with a competing wagon and he can slip by the next day. (Because not everyone is pushing for boom; Myself and Wisp are the main pushers for Boom)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Okay I ended up not getting to BoomFrog right now because I spent too much time focusing on this, so there's going to be a slight delay of an hour or two. Sorry for the inconvience Ran
It was but I started questioning why I scumread BoomFrog and I couldn’t remember why. So I’ll look at it later and just sit tight on Sabrar
This seems intentional.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito How's the re-read going?
Not as well as I would like just got halfway through some other things keep coming up which is annoying. so far by page 20 Nothing has changed for me, Apart from UP is more town in my view more because all the other people I see as scum have being hard pushing him all game. It is possible to bus, but you don't go in this hard especially when Ninja was a easy mislynch. I point mostly at Boom and Sabrar there. The way they both attacked him in different ways and have each other as middle ground but lean scum to fall back on I see as teammates setting up a bus if needed by distanceing. Add that to how they both shared a similar view on Ninja bothers me. They played very safe apart from very agrro pushs on UP

In my scum picks I can only see UP with Maven/Poke but I just don't see that tbh. I stand by my view that this town UP based on SK paranoia. Laser Sabar and Boom seem very much in their own circle and play around each other and keep changing views on each other. I know this is because all know each other, but the amount it happened over first half worries me.

Back to reading, but I feel a Boom lynch opens this game up atm like you all say. I have some little things on Laser that bother me in this reread as well but will talk about them later.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I think someone stated before that role were randomized?
so I just think we shouldn't be looking too deep into them anymore
I've pretty much already dropped the mechanical read on UP as you can probably already tell
Who said that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Re-reading myself I'm confident Sabrar is town here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jack: How do you feel about UP's disappearance during EOD?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Re-reading myself I'm confident Sabrar is town here.
I'm not really seeing it, but maybe I change my mind over the rest of the reread. I normally just do people by Iso which is why this is taking a lot longer then I would like.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jack: How do you feel about UP's disappearance during EOD?
I would need to get there, but off the top of my head a town would be more invested to the EOD since lynching is the main thing that we can do. A scum on the other hand is less worried as long as they and team are save so I don't like it too much. His role being what it is maybe he felt no rush because can talk anyway, but unless they is a reason town should be around EOD when able toin case something major happens late on.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Order matters because of support, if we don't lynch Boom and he is scum, there may be a chance wagons can be tied with a competing wagon and he can slip by the next day. (Because not everyone is pushing for boom; Myself and Wisp are the main pushers for Boom)
I'll make you a deal.
If UP flips town and you and wiisp both vote me D3 I'll vote myself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, I don't know if I'll be here or not tomorrow. Boom, what's your read on Jack today?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Back to reading, but I feel a Boom lynch opens this game up atm like you all say.
Sure, if I flip scum great. But "opens up the game" implies you'd get good info regardless of the flip. Who would you find more scummy if I'm town?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Sure, if I flip scum great. But "opens up the game" implies you'd get good info regardless of the flip. Who would you find more scummy if I'm town?
If you flip town I would say UP based off the fact he has is potential scum, but not with you. I would at that point need to relook at my town core because I'm clearly wrong in there. This all depends if we are dealing with 2 or 3 scum though.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
If you flip town I would say UP based off the fact he has is potential scum, but not with you. I would at that point need to relook at my town core because I'm clearly wrong in there. This all depends if we are dealing with 2 or 3 scum though.
Who is your town core? I didn't think you had that large of a core.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Additional Details
During the Day, if a player reaches a majority vote, they will be lynched. If no majority is reached by the deadline, the player with the highest amount of votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, the player who reached the highest amount of votes first will be lynched. If no one votes by the end of the Day a random town player will be killed.
Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) count as half a real-life day each.
During the Night, PM me Fast Night or No Fast Night. If everyone submits Fast Night, I will end the Night early.
  • There is exactly one uninformed majority (Town) and at least one informed minority (Mafia) with at least two members.
  • There are no bastardy roles in the game, including Jesters, Cults, and False Roles. There are, however, different philosophies on what is considered bastardy, so if you're wondering if I consider a role to be bastardy, feel free to ask.
  • If an alignment change occurs, Town will be publically notified that such a change occurred (but not who and to what).
If you have more than one personal ability, you may only use one in a single-phase unless otherwise stated. Shared abilities, such as the mafia Night kill are exempt.

Night Action Resolution

Commuting
Enabling
Motivating
Blocking
Redirecting
Protecting
Messaging
Gifting
Stealing
Killing
Recruiting
Investigating
The first 24 hours of Day is referred to as Dawn.

The first 24 hours of Night is referred to as Dusk.

Some actions may be required to be submitted during these times.
No cryptography. No unauthorized collusion. Don't quote private communication, especially from the mod. Don't use metadata such as time role PM's were sent. If you think something's questionable, just ask the mod before doing it.
Yes.
Yes.
Hello marshy, you are Xivii (SmashBoards), Town Macho 1-Shot Hero!

Gambit: Once, if a player overrides the normal lynch mechanic and you are lynched as a result, that person will be lynched instead.

Macho: You cannot be protected from kills.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Jackrito Jackrito
and I forgot who said it

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
No, I don't know if I'll be here or not tomorrow. Boom, what's your read on Jack today?
A million miles of hedging. I haven't got any townie feelings from any of their posts (besides the aforementioned "glimmer"). But, that seems to just be the player's style, not necessarily alignment indicative. Their reasoning is sound and I can understand their perspective, so it's very possible the are town. Scum-lean from PoE, but much less likely to be scum then UP.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
No, I don't know if I'll be here or not tomorrow.
Fair enough. How about, if UP flips town and you die, I'll vote myself at wiisps command. And vice versa, if wiisp dies I'll vote myself at your discretion. I just want to survive long enough to do a good analysis before I die. It's looking more like we have only 2 mafia, which means we can still have 3 misslynches and win and I'd like to leave you guys with good info after my death.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito What do you think of Sabrar's point here?
I feel its a fair point which Sabrar does have a lot of around the 900 post mark he had a couple of posts that I liked and showed he was rethinking his reads and not just looking for easy lynch,

On the UP side of it I feel that he would do this as either town or scum, he seems like the type who does not care what others think of them and is more then happy to make commitments and not keep them. We can't keep someone like that alive for ever though similar to Ninja they are not reliable the later in the game we get. I have them on town on pure feel rather then content. which is a bad way to read someone but they did this in my last game with them also where I mislynched them day one.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
What's convinced you Z25 is solidly town?
Mainly because we seem to agree on a lot of things readwise, also I like his tone and content. I just don't get scum intent off him. In my last game with him where he was scum he felt very different and a bit more aggro he was a easy scumread for me. This feels very night and day from then, possible he adapted but does not feel like it.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
This post I found kind of gross because I feel like you could say that about most people in any game. Like unless they're top town carry or doing gambits really all anyone has for them is their commentary. Like that's the game we chose to play, right? Even Boom himself, what does he have that's objectively "helping town?"
Well, I tried to save Ninja for starters. I've also tried to help Ran sort wiisp and help others sort Ran. UP hasn't done anything with his opinions. He's not tried to actually sway anyone to take action based on his reads and he himself didn't hang around to EoD to put out a useful vote. He doesn't follow up on anything and To me it appears he doesn't actually care about the state of the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jackrito Jackrito What do you think of my #1610 and #1643? I get what you are saying by tone, but I feel you should look at the motivation behind his posts.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Z25 Ranmaru, Wisp and UP is semi in it but like I said they are doubts there.
So if
So even if we have 3 scum and I'm town that still leaves Sabrar, LaserGuy and Pokechou. Why would you have to reevaluate your town core?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
So if

So even if we have 3 scum and I'm town that still leaves Sabrar, LaserGuy and Pokechou. Why would you have to reevaluate your town core?
I just don't think Sabrar is scum with those 2 tbh, based off how he treated Maven, maybe scum with Laserguy. I would have to relook UP the most. I feel decent about Wisp Z25 and Ran though but being pocketed is not exactly new for me so I would have to review all of them Z25 likely the most since I have a lot of Meta on Wisp and a scum Ran deserves the win for the effort he is putting in. I only look at him in Lylo.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito What do you think of my #1610 and #1643? I get what you are saying by tone, but I feel you should look at the motivation behind his posts.
Those early interactions are really bad and just look fake. Perhaps a poor attempt at distanceing they seems way more drive off Boom to lynch Up though if partners this is a insane approach. Unless he just got stuck in the tunnel and is ruined about backing down now. Since UP done nothing redeemable.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Fair enough. How about, if UP flips town and you die, I'll vote myself at wiisps command. And vice versa, if wiisp dies I'll vote myself at your discretion. I just want to survive long enough to do a good analysis before I die. It's looking more like we have only 2 mafia, which means we can still have 3 misslynches and win and I'd like to leave you guys with good info after my death.
Why do you feel 2 now?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Those early interactions are really bad and just look fake. Perhaps a poor attempt at distanceing they seems way more drive off Boom to lynch Up though if partners this is a insane approach. Unless he just got stuck in the tunnel and is ruined about backing down now. Since UP done nothing redeemable.
If exactly one of UP and I are scum, looking at those early interactions who do you think it is?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Why do you feel 2 now?
Because not enough people look scummy. A team of 3 has to be slightly more blatant to protect and work around eachother. A team of 2 can be more hands off as long as they don't bump into eachother. Team of 3 has 3 possible intersections, AB, AC, BC. A team of 2 only has one interaction to be careful of, AB. This whole, "no one really looks scummy" situation makes me feel like it's either an Ace team of wolves, or it's just 2 wolves that are just avoiding eachother. 2nd is a lot more likely.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This seems intentional.
I forgot to comment on this yesterday. That was just kinda of out of place. I don’t know about intentional but it could be something like Scum Up not really knowing how to approach a scum boom fake read that seems genuine. Could be wrong or it could be something else but that post also sticks out oddly. Feels weird for scum to slip like that, but it’s also odd for Town Up to do that when he makes calculated plays usually. But again that could play into your theory here actually.
Who said that?
The OP mentions roles being given out randomly not zen choosing people to get a role. Which is typical mafia setup. I Think Wisp was confusing it with the discussion that it didn’t matter who got the roles but the flavor of them that was had earlier.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I still think scum team is probably 2 and maybe some odd 3rd party, if one at all. But that’s because I feel like the OP’s wording is likely just mind games, we really can’t concretely say either way though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think it's good to consider the [2 set] and [3 set], and weight that along with people's individual play. That way we aren't over looking anything.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
UP posts during the Night bother me during reread, I feel that Sab has decent points and the way UP reacted felt way over the top for no reason. Espically after being MIA for so long.

My read on Sabrar has went up over the last 12 pages of my reread. I feel that they came off better in the litte face off with Boom and the one just mentioned at Night. I also find it hard to believe a wolf has this much follow up on his questions. A lot of scum just half arse it and never follow up. He is following up on everything which shows that the questions matter to him and he needs them to help his scum hunting. I never realized how much he actually has done until my reread.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Probably Jackrito.

-Their vote on 3DS is very opportunistic. He was reading 3DS as unlikely to be scum in #263, #356, #418, then when he sees that you are serious about pushing Ninja, flips his opinion of him and supports the lynch.
-He is being deliberately slippery/hedgy in his analysis to avoid committing to any strong positions. E.g. #54, #155, #314, #356, #621. I feel like he is more interested in keeping on good terms with you and Wiisp than with actually trying to solve the game.

##Jackrito

I am thinking about Z25 as I don't like basically any of their content today. The rolefishing he was doing pings me a lot. Wiisp has made some good points about him as well. I will try to do a full reread of him in my evening post.

UP and Maven slot are still on my radar. I'm liking BoomFrog more at the moment.

Almost like I have limited opportunities to post and can't monitor the thread constantly so I'm always trying to catch up. I'm sure I've mentioned this before at some point or other. I had the same problem in that game we played in Serene Forest and you scumread for me it then too (we were both Town). I think the people who are using this to scumread me (particularly Jack) are probably looking for an excuse to push me without needing to analyse what I've actually posted.
I have major issue with this in my reread the last time he mentions me I'm more town with Wisp today starts I have done nothing else really but suddenly their top scum this makes no sense to me. The only thing that changed is that Pokechu created a world where I'm scum off one interaction and the whole game is based around me in their reads.

His reads are so different from the day before its not normal. UP and Maven are suddenly above me and Z25. I already talked about my issue with the me not taking stances thing as well. They is just a lot of incorrect shade here

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Looking at Pokechu's spoilers and such. I like the list as a whole, pretty townie imo and lines up with the things that I've been tossing around. However, I'm not impressed in their confidence in me and Wiisp being town based on their evidence presented. Like Wiisp is the strongest town read, but you only quoted two posts? And those posts weren't even that significant imo. Also, the Wiisp read feels like a double standard in comparison to his LG read, when they are separated by a whole tier on the readslist while the rationale was the same, being "nothing in particular pinged me, which is good and bad". @Pokechu , could you potentially compare and contrast Wiisp and LG in this game in terms of your opinion of their alignment?

Also not a fan of you saying that I've done some "really bad stuff" at the end of your analysis of me, yet I appear to be really high on your reads list? I would've thought that the presence my "bad stuff" would have weighed into your decision making, and I don't think me "doing something similar" in Flavorless makes up for it.

But besides that, the order looks pretty solid, but I already expected Maven to flip town. My read remains at the status quo for this slot.
Since when was I scum to you since this is the first time I have seen you mention it, You say that this is where you are at pretty much, so it must be true.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
In a world of 3 it probably is exactly
UP/Sabrar/Boom
Why do you think those 3 I just can't see that as a team maybe 2 of the 3 but not all. They have being at each other too much which is extream even for bussing espically when none of them are out of POE.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ok done with my reread I now think Sabrar is town based off reasons I gave a bit ago. I also feel UP is more likely scum him agreeing with Pokechu readlist makes no sense to me, if he does not see me as scum. I feel like his reads have no consitstancy and just goes with the flow and agrees when he can. This is not a town mindset they is no scum hunting happening just shadeing of others with poor reasons. I was giving a pass off tone, but in token he at least had scum hunting intent at times, here not so much or even trying to help town.

so my lynch pool atm is UP, Boom Laser and Pokechu in that order.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm lowkey annoyed with how Wisp is treating Pokechu this game, part of me feels if he town reads me like he says that he would have way more issue with Pokechu readlist then he did. The lack of any real reaction bothers me, but not enough to devalue how I feel on his slot overall.

Top Bottom