• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Jackrito

Smash Ace
However I agree with Boom that Laser could be a likely indy. After thinking it through, Z is town. Scum!Boom doesn’t know who the indies are anyway, so their guess is as good as anybody else’s. To that point, I agree. LG could very well be SK and is ALSO in the hood so I think we have ourselves a gamesolve. We take out Boom here, Wiisp prolly gets NK’ed, then we can move on from there with a Sab lynch. Of course I don’t like thinking ahead so I’m going try not to get carried away and think one step at a time from now on. I just got out of the shower so I’ll see if I can make a justified readslist next post.

Why do you think we have a SK in this game, they was only one NK so that makes it unlikely unless this is a weird SK. Also why would Wisp get NK here?

You don't like thinking ahead,but you have just thought ahead 2 days this post is so weird to me.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
god if I wanted meta shoved down my throat
I'd go back to playing on Mafia Scum
its wine
and even if Lasor backs it up
its still a PoE of you all looking god awful, so its doesnt help me either way

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Why do you think we have a SK in this game, they was only one NK so that makes it unlikely unless this is a weird SK. Also why would Wisp get NK here?

You don't like thinking ahead,but you have just thought ahead 2 days this post is so weird to me.
It is very weird. I don’t think I’ve ever done that.

Maybe it’s not a SK, I’m just spitballing. I’m still committed to the fact that there’s a non-town player in the neighborhood, and I’m just trying to get the logistics worked out so it fits.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
like Jesus man, no one is going to be like
THIS DUDE SWITCHED VOTES IN HIS SCUM POE, HE IS SUCH A WOLF
I'm not concerned about how people view my voting history. It's just not something that I do, coming from a different environment, But you do you.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
again I will state this because people seem to forget how town wins games
"by voting Mafia"
being stingy with your votes if you are town only hurts you and town as a whole

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ok I feel more that this is Town Up that SK thing he just said is the type of thing he did in Token mafia that bothered me. I feel those thoughts come from a town just saying whatever they think of. Rather then a scum who would be more calculated and careful in posting.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
again I will state this because people seem to forget how town wins games
"by voting Mafia"
being stingy with your votes if you are town only hurts you and town as a whole
You left out an important part. It's "by voting Mafia at the end of the day'. Your vote does mechanically nothing until then.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
You left out an important part. It's "by voting Mafia at the end of the day'. Your vote does mechanically nothing until then.
this is hands down the dumbest post I have ever read, I am framing this and putting it on my wall
holy jesus

Sabrar

Smash Ace
this is hands down the dumbest post I have ever read, I am framing this and putting it on my wall
holy jesus
Thank you for not making me want to play with you. I'm interested in your updated thoughts after the game when you know I'm town. Please bookmark this post as well and don't forget to come back to it. Thank you and good night.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Lmao I will add you to the list of people who think my posts are overboard when they really aren't, I can attack the post

If you flip town that post will be extra bad, if you are a wolf, at least you have an excuse

Wiisp

Smash Lord
One last thing, becareful with the votes, I do not want to end this day phase that early

Boom is close to hammer

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, the votes the way they are is good now.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Dawn Ends...30 minutes ago

Vote Count 2.2

Boom (3) - Wisp, Ran, UP [L-2]

Laser (2) - Z25, Jack

UP (1) - Boom

Jack (1) - Laser

Not Voting (2)
Sabrar, Pokechu
P33-P38
UP #Z25
Wisp #Boom
Boom #UP
Ran #Boom
Laser #Jack
Z25 #Laser
Jack #Laser
Ran #Unv

P39-P40*
Ran #Boom
UP #Boom
Up #Unv
Up #Boom

Notes
It's not necessary to unvote before voting again.

Players and Events
Link

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute!

Day 2 Ends: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 11:59 pm

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Cool. Not surprising.

Z25 Z25 You never answered my question. Why did you essentially claim vannila town? You should know VT claiming is bad for powertown.

ranmaru ranmaru Why are you following one of your top scum reads on a bandwagon?

Wiisp Wiisp What happened to Exlight must be the same alignment as you or the game is broken?

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin So you have an explanation now for voting me D1, but didn't have one when I asked D1. Without the use of sarcastic capitalization. convince me that you didn't just make up the reason today.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wisp is not my top scumread, nor am I following him. I reverted my reads to that of #1398. It just feels like you aren't trying hard enough to find scum, and it just feels you were just locked out by poe.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog BoomFrog BoomFrog
tell me this is UP doing nothing, I dare you
Yeah, that was a good post. Guess I'm moving the goal posts a little. He had nothing of that caliber D1.

this feels like a buddy talking to a buddy
and lets no even talk about the second quote where you talk about Sabrar being town, but put him in your wolf leans anyways
Talk to me about that
Sabrar and I have a deep history. We just interact with eachother differently then two randoms would. Anyway, I moved him up on my list a few posts after I made the list because I'd remembered some stuff I'd thought of during the night. Sabrar seriously tried to coax Ninja into articulating his thought process. Scum Sabrar doesn't spend that much effort on it.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Wisp is not my top scumread, nor am I following him. I reverted my reads to that of #1398. It just feels like you aren't trying hard enough to find scum, and it just feels you were just locked out by poe.
I found scum and no one will listen. Idk what you want man, I can't find more scum then there is.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I said wiisp is town and you said I was wrong about Wiisp in #1497 which is later then that reads list. Does that not mean you think they are scum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I did say that, but I re-read, and posted this: #1540. Meaning, I'm reverting to the same reads I had before.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Starting to catch up...

Also I don’t understand that bottom part.

Are you trying to say Pythag’s role confirmed Ninja as a neighborhood member?
No. Pythag's character was 3DSNinja and his role was Ninja.

3DSNinja's role was [missing] Neighbor.

I can’t see the game giving out alignments like that.
I think that Xivii probably gave people powers that were loosely inspired by what he knew of them personally. At least, that's the impression I get from what I've seen. Hence, I think flavor claim is probably a bad idea.

And who says that would break the game? It could be intentional. In New Mods Vs Old mods, the old mods were mafia and new ones town. A very obvious thing to glean from setup. The game wasn’t broken by it.
I mean, if it's a themed mafia, yes, it's entirely possible that there will be some sort of flavor that is obviously alignment indicative. E.g. in a Game of Thrones mafia where it's obviously Starks vs. Lannisters, you know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. But in that case, Cersei Lannister might have Sansa Stark as her safeclaim or something if the mod is at all smart about it.

don't really get why I have to ask you to play?
I don't really understand what you are suggesting in #1453. What do you feel I'm inconsistent about?

Jackrito has been here saying his thoughts, giving he reads, re-evaluating
I don't give credit for activity. What I am saying is that Jack goes out of his way to equivocate as many of his reads and opinions as possible, which I find scummy.

I don't see why him flip-floping on 3ds is so bad, when the other half of the people in this game
just locked him as an obvious wolf, which I find much worse

same for the people who were just like, "ya this dude is just bad town"
The problem is that Jack was one of those people who was just like "this dude is just bad town" and defended him as such on several occasions (as I noted above), and then voted for him anyway.

LaserGuy LaserGuy Which game on SF?
Dr. Seuss, the giant invitational game. I subbed in fairly early in D1.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm on page 28 and still can't find your posts. Can you expand on why you are liking Boom now?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Well this is only 75% done but is apparently a ****ing waste of time so I'm not going to finish it. Hopefully someone finds some value.

Why wiisp is town and I knew it D1:

Wolves probably don't really play like how Ninja is playing, it's certainly possible, but it's not doing him any justice

Idk if he thinks it's cute or coy
To be fair, I think it's nai, it was stupid to out it as either alignment

People will definitely not re-evalute you if you make posts like this

When I get a chance I will try to help you out if you are actually town, we will see
I mean even if you are, the game doesn't end with your Lynch regardless of your alignment

Just breathe, and just continue to try to solve regardless of the outcome
I mean if we want to equate Ninja to a policy lynch on day 1
then sure

I can't say I don't agree with that post
but if he is a wolf, he is one of the worst wolves I've ever seen
#sorrynotsorry
man if Ninja is a wolf, this will be the second game in a row,
where mafia had a super rough start
Scum-wiisp doesn't have this thought. They won't have the perspective to think how rough scum has it this game because they will be thinking about how well they are actually doing.

[To Ninja]I am trying honestly
old Wisp would probably have already buried you by now lol

I have a fun game
Pretend Ninja isn't in this game
Find me another possible wolf
the horse is already dead
ranmaru ranmaru
The only thing I am truly worried about right now, is Ninja's alignment

If he is in fact weak town, I would like to not Lynch him today if we can find someone else wolfier, which is why I want people to focus on something that isn't him
@Maven89
Hi, I don't like that u didn't come back
Scum-wiisp would not be annoyed at Maven. (Unless Maven was a scum-buddy but that probably wouldn't be said in public chat)

@Maven89
@ZDS
Why are neither of you voting
I recall a good post where wiisp was really frusterated about the state of the game late D1 what we were spinning our weels. Frusteration like that is hard to fake. I seemed to have skipped it somehow in my ISO and I'm not going back for it considering this is of questionable value anyway.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin
how did I get at the top of your list?
Scum-wiisp probably doesn't challenge this unfounded positive read.

this still bothers me
does this go from towniest to wolfiest?
please tell me it doesnt
because at this time, even with your response
I still don't know how you decided I was top town

Why is jack so high?
Why was Pythag so low?
Why was Sabrar so low?

Why was Z25 lower than Boom and Maven?
And certainly doesn't follow up so hard.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Cool. Not surprising.

Z25 Z25 You never answered my question. Why did you essentially claim vannila town? You should know VT claiming is bad for powertown.

ranmaru ranmaru Why are you following one of your top scum reads on a bandwagon?

Wiisp Wiisp What happened to Exlight must be the same alignment as you or the game is broken?

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin So you have an explanation now for voting me D1, but didn't have one when I asked D1. Without the use of sarcastic capitalization. convince me that you didn't just make up the reason today.
Except I literally answered I claimed because that’s my role and I had a feeling items of some kind were in play so I put my full claim out there as i said yesterday, I didn’t care about hiding it, I have no items to give but it helps to narrow down who is and isn’t town. So I backed up the token claim. It helped sort some good information and I think it’s worth it. I don’t know why your saying my role is worse then vanilla town. If used right this role could be pretty potent.
Starting to catch up...

No. Pythag's character was 3DSNinja and his role was Ninja.

3DSNinja's role was [missing] Neighbor.

I think that Xivii probably gave people powers that were loosely inspired by what he knew of them personally. At least, that's the impression I get from what I've seen. Hence, I think flavor claim is probably a bad idea.

I mean, if it's a themed mafia, yes, it's entirely possible that there will be some sort of flavor that is obviously alignment indicative. E.g. in a Game of Thrones mafia where it's obviously Starks vs. Lannisters, you know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. But in that case, Cersei Lannister might have Sansa Stark as her safeclaim or something if the mod is at all smart about it.

I don't really understand what you are suggesting in #1453. What do you feel I'm inconsistent about?

I don't give credit for activity. What I am saying is that Jack goes out of his way to equivocate as many of his reads and opinions as possible, which I find scummy.

The problem is that Jack was one of those people who was just like "this dude is just bad town" and defended him as such on several occasions (as I noted above), and then voted for him anyway.

Dr. Seuss, the giant invitational game. I subbed in fairly early in D1.
There was example a game of thrones mafia on here, I was part of the lans. Except we held it more like a war game, every house was its own faction and every knew who was part of each house just not the abilities each had. So there is a set flavor and games can be run without the need of safe claims. So it wouldn’t shock me again if something similar is the case here..

Well this is only 75% done but is apparently a ****ing waste of time so I'm not going to finish it. Hopefully someone finds some value.

Why wiisp is town and I knew it D1:

Scum-wiisp doesn't have this thought. They won't have the perspective to think how rough scum has it this game because they will be thinking about how well they are actually doing.

Scum-wiisp would not be annoyed at Maven. (Unless Maven was a scum-buddy but that probably wouldn't be said in public chat)

I recall a good post where wiisp was really frusterated about the state of the game late D1 what we were spinning our weels. Frusteration like that is hard to fake. I seemed to have skipped it somehow in my ISO and I'm not going back for it considering this is of questionable value anyway.

Scum-wiisp probably doesn't challenge this unfounded positive read.

And certainly doesn't follow up so hard.
if it’s worth anything I’m not completely against you today and I do believe Wisp is town after today. But I would still like to hear more as I’ve put you in Null for now.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Scum:
MavenChu
Laser
Any reason you don't have any comments about me specifically here?

LaserGuy LaserGuy
can you help me out here?
like pretend you dont know who Boom and Sabrar are
and give me a read on them
not this hedgy meta based bullcrap
I'll try.

Sabrar:
-First couple of posts are fairly uninteresting. Even pretending I don't know his meta, I still see his first two posts as in the joke category and don't buy UP's early comments on this. #98 he defends BoomFrog. #102 he gut reads that 3DS more likely Town.
-#227 feels very forced and nitpicky. I hate arguments like this.
-#309 reads feel very reasonable, as are his questions to me in #318/332. Reads on #326/332 are fine. 3DS remarkably strong Town.
-#338 is interesting. Sabrar said he doesn't expect BoomFrog to read him correctly D1.
-Pushes hard on UP leading up to #707 and #708. Especially in D1, I usually see these sort of hyper detailed, borderline nitpicky cases coming from Town, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. I can't say that this is universal because I have seen scum do it as well, but I feel like it comes much more often from Town early in the game.
-Doesn't seem too interested in the 3DS lynch.
-#1120 is curious because here Sabrar says he expects BoomFrog should find him townie on D1 when he's Town, even though he said the opposite in #338 above. This pings me.
-Settles on 3DS over BoomFrog. Doesn't seem to really have a good reason for going for 3DS beyond that he doesn't like the weirdness there, but as far as I can see, his read hasn't changed significantly.
-Argues a lot with BoomFrog, but not with a huge amount of substance.
-D2 more arguing with UP and BoomFrog. Nothing really stands out too strongly.

Overall, I think his push on UP is more likely to be coming from Town. I've seen scum that tunnel D1, but it's somewhat rare. His move to vote 3DS doesn't seem super well motivated as he was reading him pretty strongly as Town and seemed to settle on the slot only when nothing better came up. There's a particular weird inconsistency between #338 and #1120 in how he expects BoomFrog to evaluate him: In #338 he doesn't think BoomFrog can read him in D1; in #1120 he expects that he can. His tone is often aggressive and abrasive, but he does seem to be working hard to evaluate a lot of players and ask questions of things he finds interesting. Kind of a mixed bag in terms of things I like and things I don't.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
His move to vote 3DS doesn't seem super well motivated as he was reading him pretty strongly as Town and seemed to settle on the slot only when nothing better came up.
I voted Ninja at the end because of

There's a particular weird inconsistency between #338 and #1120 in how he expects BoomFrog to evaluate him: In #338 he doesn't think BoomFrog can read him in D1; in #1120 he expects that he can. His tone is often aggressive and abrasive, but he does seem to be working hard to evaluate a lot of players and ask questions of things he finds interesting. Kind of a mixed bag in terms of things I like and things I don't.[/QUOTE]

Sabrar

Smash Ace
EBWOP

His move to vote 3DS doesn't seem super well motivated as he was reading him pretty strongly as Town and seemed to settle on the slot only when nothing better came up.
I didn't say it in the thread but I voted Ninja at the end because of #1058.

There's a particular weird inconsistency between #338 and #1120 in how he expects BoomFrog to evaluate him: In #338 he doesn't think BoomFrog can read him in D1; in #1120 he expects that he can.
Relevant quotes:
From #338
No, I don't expect you to read me properly early D1.
From #1112
I think Boom should be able to read me properly by the end of D1.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I realized we have 5 days instead of 7. Everyone should keep that in mind.

Top Bottom