• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. 3 August 11th, get some! URGENT UPDATE!!!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
1 day tourny plz. makes it 10x easier, especially since it's very possible to get it done so long as PEOPLE SHOW UP. 5 min or forfeit rule should be in place.

tgm...ihop is the ****. and i would house people but i just got kicked out of my apartment and am living with a friend. sorry.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
if we were to eat somewhere, i would vote denny's. There's nothing like a grand slam at 3 in the morning. Though Texas Roadhouse is pretty good.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, chances are ill have to work monday...so ill have to leave at ilke 11:30 pm at the latest. if not, im all up for grand slams at 3 in the morning.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I live 20 minutes away...if thats cool, maybe brett could house some.

TGM: You can stay at my place, its...20 minutes away.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I really need to know where this is...
This tourney might be just what I need to get back on my game.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Last i talked to babac, he was talking about the previous OHSNAP location. I'm not sure if it'll be the Sooner room again, but i think he's looking for something on campus like last time. The venue he was looking at before that would have costed him somewhere around 1300 dollars.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Last i talked to babac, he was talking about the previous OHSNAP location. I'm not sure if it'll be the Sooner room again, but i think he's looking for something on campus like last time. The venue he was looking at before that would have costed him somewhere around 1300 dollars.
Well, if we do go OU, we should use the Frontier Room, which is what we used for OHSNAP2, since it's bigger.

Stupid elitist OKC venue *******s, preventing us from convenience with their stupid prices. I hate life :(

EDIT: I just checked into UCO, and they seem to have venues available for practical prices. However, I don't know if they include necessities such as tables.

http://www.eventservices.ucok.edu/VirtualTours.htm
http://www.eventservices.ucok.edu/Weddings.htm

Gravity

Smash Ace
Well, if we do go OU, we should use the Frontier Room, which is what we used for OHSNAP2, since it's bigger.

Stupid elitist OKC venue *******s, preventing us from convenience with their stupid prices. I hate life :(

EDIT: I just checked into UCO, and they seem to have venues available for practical prices. However, I don't know if they include necessities such as tables.

http://www.eventservices.ucok.edu/VirtualTours.htm
http://www.eventservices.ucok.edu/Weddings.htm
when i was over there yesterday babac got an email saying he has the frontier room reserved for the eleventh. id still wait for him to confirm it in case i got something wrong, but id go with this.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
when i was over there yesterday babac got an email saying he has the frontier room reserved for the eleventh. id still wait for him to confirm it in case i got something wrong, but id go with this.
Well, I suppose that if it's going to be a one day event and we won't need housing, it won't be a problem.

TGM

Smash Lord
are yall gonna update the 1st post!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! like confirm dates/venues?!?!?!?!

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... since we're the most familiar with OU being as it was where the last 2 OHSNAPs were, it really isn't a problem. I think we actually left a little late last time so we didn't end up getting there until like 1 or something. I'll try to get everyone a little more organized this time so we can leave earlier.

On a side note, we'll be bringing atleast one TV and 2 cubes, and probably a camera.

Edit: However we will be leaving after the tournaments are over so if a second day is planned count those out for that day.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well, I think that we can wrap up this tournament in one day, so that shouldn't be a problem. However, perhaps we could leave an open invitation for a second day of friendlies at Sid or Rasta's house, for those who are willing, just for fun?

Anyway, I'm going to make a thread about this in tournament discussion, since Babac mentioned it a few days ago.

You know, OU has really good prices for room rental, especially if you're a student there (students get free use of the sooner room, for example), which'll be really good in the future, because I know that Scud is going to attend OU and there is a high likelyhood that I will as well. This will further help out if our tournaments ever get big enough that we actually will require more than one day, in which we'll have people situated close to the venue for convenient housing.

Another important thing is that we get a lot more setups this time around. It'll make the tournaments go faster, which will in turn leave time for other things, e.g. friendlies, crews, etc.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i had no idea where to preregister but i figured since this thread is already filled with hype and nonsense that zinth's thread can be the purely pre-register/housing/information thread. sound good? good.

TGM

Smash Lord
s r we gonna pre register...or how this working?

from my exp(running HOST1....73 people) i think you should do sign ups at the door like all other tournies. if this thing gets huge like OC or FC, the pre reg would be needed.

just get 2 guys at the door takin names and money. and then bust them into the tourney maker program.

if the tourney starts at 1. tell everybody to be there by 11......this allows sign ups,practice and late people to get there. also, i suggest do 1vs1(main event) 2st because ive seen alot of people show up and do teams first,lose, then go home cause they did worse than they thought......and that takes away from the main event.....1vs1. i suggest getting that over with 1st so nobody can realize how bad they are untill its over.

just my worthless 2 cents......WAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ill give free TGM combo lesson to anybody that wants them. WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
from my exp(running HOST1....73 people) i think you should do sign ups at the door like all other tournies. if this thing gets huge like OC or FC, the pre reg would be needed.

just get 2 guys at the door takin names and money. and then bust them into the tourney maker program.

if the tourney starts at 1. tell everybody to be there by 11......this allows sign ups,practice and late people to get there. also, i suggest do 1vs1(main event) 2st because ive seen alot of people show up and do teams first,lose, then go home cause they did worse than they thought......and that takes away from the main event.....1vs1. i suggest getting that over with 1st so nobody can realize how bad they are untill its over.

just my worthless 2 cents......WAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ill give free TGM combo lesson to anybody that wants them. WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
i think it's a bad idea to do that. it's not really preregistering, i just want to get a rough idea of how many people are going so that i can make the bracket. because i won't be using tournament maker since everyon gets pissed at it including me.

but yes, people who plan to come should definitely say, and we should make a list to keep track of the number, so we can plan on 32, 64, or...i can't even think of a number bigger than 64, but that bracket.

Gravity

Smash Ace
man, tgm, ill totally take you up on those lessons. i used marth today and i only managed to do it once.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
thanks, bryan. i didn't know it had ever been released for download, i'll see if it's workable or not.

edit: tio does the same thing as tournament director in that it can pit people who've already played against each other early in the loser's bracket. :\

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i think it's a bad idea to do that. it's not really preregistering, i just want to get a rough idea of how many people are going so that i can make the bracket. because i won't be using tournament maker since everyon gets pissed at it including me.

but yes, people who plan to come should definitely say, and we should make a list to keep track of the number, so we can plan on 32, 64, or...i can't even think of a number bigger than 64, but that bracket.
wait, so there isn't a discount this time if we preregister?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
wait, so there isn't a discount this time if we preregister?
rasta's choice, and the discount was for entry fee.
#1: is there even an entry fee
#2: if there is, prereg or not change price?

i don't care either way, but yeah, questions you should ask rasta, not me.
also, rasta, i don't really need to do brackets, i was just kidding.
i can do them if you need me to, but you had said you were doing them a certain way so i'm not trying to interfere with that.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
sorry alex, old habits die hard. I thought you were running the show.

TGM

Smash Lord
guys i need housing for friday and sat. can this be done. there would be a total of 4 people coming.

Top Bottom