• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest O.H.S.N.A.P. 2! (Oklahoma Hosts Smash- Need A Pummelling?) - Dec. 21-22

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
*added crew rules

all i have left to do is write the low-tier rules. is it cool with everyone to have the exact same rules as singles for it (except single elim. so we can save time), or are people going to be pissy-pants about the levels? that way it's pretty much the same, except that your characetr choices are limited, and it's only 2 bucks. tardar!

also, order of business will be:

doubles
low-tier
singles, first few rounds
crews
singles, finished

...eh? or do people not want singles split (it'll already probably not get done all the way through the first day anyway)? gimme feedback.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
also known as peach stages...sounds fishy, DoH

and lupe, all the characters that can be used are:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

i dunno if i should use YL, yoshi, or ness. i'm in such conflict right now...

edit: we need more setups...and more housing. hurry up, OK, represent!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
YAY!

I'm safe then.

Luigi is my best and ya'll dominate him. If I had been forced into someone else...
>_>
<_<
...it wouldn't have been pretty.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's not like I've ever tried rigging a national tournament's stages or anything.

::hopes drew/husband don't see this::

But that's what FC used for randoms. You wouldn't want to random Fox to yoshi's anymore than I would Alex.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
unless it was shade's fox. then i'd be safe from lasers. :p
my dog won't shut up. it's making my ear throb. arg.

but yeah, i wouldn't want to random a fox on yoshi's, but i also wouldn't want to random a peach on kirby's...it's an evil, evil game, super smash.

let's hope brawl is even cheaper!

edit: when people use "^" i have to stop for a second and reverse it since i have "most recent post first." i also have like, the max amount of posts on one page, so when someone tells me to look on page ___, i have to do multiplication, and then count it backwards from the post count. it's complex, man.

edit2: wow, 328 posts already. OK smashers can spam any thread, it's proven.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
User Name Posts
Hazygoose 59
JesusFreak 44
Omega_Star 34
South_Paw 25
forward 20
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT 18
keroku_the_thunderwolf 9
Epsilon52 8
Gravity 8
Akasuna no Sasori 8
Ferro De Lupe 7
wut? 7
Dr DrewtheDragon 7
AustinRC 6
po pimpus 6
Simply Rice 5
WiLD BOris 4
King_Gt 4
samusedaway 4
Ipslne 4
ThE_BaTmAn 3
dcx1287 3
Viewtiful Jon 3
RastaImposta 3
uglywombat2004 3
AttackstorM 2
bluezaft 2
KOS-MOS 2
Buzz 2
Xelic 2
Shanx 2
pay$. 2
Heathq 2
forkgirl 2
Tyrannosaurus 1
Sinz 1
Dark_EDGE 1
CAOTIC 1
pay$... 1
5748 1
The Brookman 1
Planet_Nintendu_64 1
dmac 1
artarian 1

i think the point is: shut up, jesusfreak! :p

forward

Smash Champion
wait i can't crew with anyone outside of az? what kinda **** is that?

P.S. Mewtwo in low-tier!? ****ing broooookeeeeeen!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
forward/darkrain/FLT vs smiles/xelic/doh would be hot

fastfallers vs the patriotic peach brigade.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Mewtwo isn't that good unless you're Taj <_<

Actually, Chang has a pretty good Mewtwo as well, and I hear you do a good Taj imitation, Sean. But yea, keep Mewtwo there, Dk is gonna win low tier anyway. :chuckle:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
wait i can't crew with anyone outside of az? what kinda **** is that?

P.S. Mewtwo in low-tier!? ****ing broooookeeeeeen!
i'm not saying no teams can be formed that aren't of the same area. i just want to see actual crews, and not the best people trying to rob everyone else of their money :p
it's a cheap event, i'm hoping for more fun than domination. that's why i was saying, something like the top players from each region teaming would not really be in the spirit of crews. people from different cities can team up, i'm just looking for actual smash crews or groups of friends to play against others, ya know? especially 'cause it's single elim.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
holy ****.....4000 spam posts.....thast.......unnatural.....i hope u have a girklfreind....and im not pulling the get a life card...im just sayihng...

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Psh, Jordan can only beat Falcos. He won't win low tier. :p <3

And no, not all of my posts are spam. Also, look at when I joined. I have an average post count of about 3.5 posts per day. I used to post around in many other forums helping people out and the like, but that got boring. I notice you have a post count of about 7 per day. Do I need anything else to put things in perspective?

But I do <3 spam. I even won a can of Spam at MOAST3 for having the moast posts in that thread. :p

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
tehehe, i hope you're getting used to your new keyboard alright, man.
i'm pretty sure i would be pissed off by now if i had a split keyboard randomly.

and what do you mean spam? my account is a year older and you have more posts :p

edit: yeah, JF is apparently also a gamefaqs hero.
but i...i am a hero to all the starving children at my house. which is me. i am my own hero. beat that, sucka.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Wait, I'm a gfaqs hero? You mean people actually remember me from way back in the day?! Wow, that's almost... touching <_<

Yea, I was something of an icon back then because I wasn't a moron. :laugh: I also talked regularly with high level smash players, but that probably wasn't as important.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Lol, why would you say something like that? Or are you simply continuing your pattern of making baseless assumptions about me?

Also, I'm staying with babac as is eeryone I'm going with, so housing is taken care of for us.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hey guys, tourny is cancelled

edit: i was going to leave that up there as a joke, for a while, but then i realized people would get really pissed. the tourny is still going on.

as a matter of fact, we have a venue

same building as last time, the OU student union, i will edit the first post with the address.
this time, though, it's in a much bigger room, so hurrah.

edit2: do the pauls valley/ada kids need housing, or can you make it there and back both days on your own?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Is there anyone that can house me and the 4 people I'm bringing from Dallas?

EDIT: Hey, look at that, I was already put under Hazygoose's name for housing. Can you fit 4 more (that's including Wild Boris).

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
depends, bluezaft, can you all fit in one guest room? it'll be snug, you'll need to bring sleeping bags, too. but if you can, then maybe, i'll get back to you in like 30 minutes. also, tell me the names of the four people so i can sign them up.

normally i would even say no to your housing, but dammit since i already put you down on my list i'm obligated :p

edit: and to everyone...we still need more tvs and smash setups

bluezaft

The True Zaft
We can do that, Hazygoose. I'm bringing Wild Boris, Booya, leapinghare, and NIN9.

I don't think I can fit another TV besides Boris', but I can bring a gamecube and power strip.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
k, bluezaft, you're in...it's going to be crowded, but thankfully not ridiculous.
are you going to be at my house at 10pm or later on the 20th(i changed it from 9pm 'cause i have something to do at 8pm) or do you plan on coming on the 21st before the tourny?

just message me on AIM if you have it (Hazygoose is my name there, too), and if not, PM me and i'll send you back my address)

edit: 11 guests...my house is going to be so ****ing packed :p
5 in the guest bedroom with sleeping bags and pillows
6 in the living room with sleeping bags and pillows (two people get to call either the couch or the recliner)

keroku_the_thunderwolf

Smash Apprentice
edit: 11 guests...my house is going to be so ****ing packed :p
)
not as bad as my house this one time, 3 people in my sisters' room, like 4 in mine, somewhere around 8 or 9 in the living room, 2 or 3 in the den, one in the kitchen and 4 out in my tent outside.

also I'm not sure yet, but I think I'm gonna need housing. :(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
um...no king sized bed. unless you mean my personal bed...which i plan to sleep in...without other people.

because that's just creepy.

guest room all gets the floor!

(even though there are literally about 10 sheets and 5 blankets to lay down for comforting...it's actually pretty good, better than an air mattress or something lame like that).

edit: josh, it's a thursday and friday.

Top Bottom