• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest O.H.S.N.A.P. 2! (Oklahoma Hosts Smash- Need A Pummelling?) - Dec. 21-22

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
DoH- since you're like the last bunch of people i slightly know, my house?
that way my house is full, if coty/sean and heath/derrick stay as well.

i am the uber houserer...er.

edit: it's solved, DoH's ride shall be parked in my driveway. or on the curb.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol 10 people doesn't make you an uber houserer-er

I housed 18 (or something around there, maybe more lol) at MLG Dallas :)

South_Paw

Smash Ace
alex dont worry about me sean and chucky, im getting a hotel for us and a non smash friend who might be coming for the hell of it

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
zinth: it will be from 11-midnight on the 21st, then from 11-6ish on the 22nd.

JF: i dunno if i can house you guys, i've asked some other people, and if all of them say no, i might have room for 3, probably not 5 though :\
we'll get you hooked up, though, don't worry :)

edit: hurrah, we already have more people signed up than we had last time. let's get many more!!!

where the hell did the midwest go?
someone bring kansas/nebraska/colorado here and tell them tomorrow we'll have a venue!!!
i'll deal with the other states. :p

edit2: is houston coming at all?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i got kansas, dun worry... or at least i think i do

anyways... so yes... increased pressure for finding a venue... more people that sign up, the more butt rapings you will get if you don't get one : P lol

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
if i didn't find a venue i'm pretty sure i'd get decapitated!
especially since people have been planning for this, and you even bought a plane ticket.

so, instead of cancelling the tourny, i'd probably run away to mexico. :p

on another note: i don't think we'll be doing crews. there's too many small locations with few people. unless you want to combine cities/states for some stuff. but then it'd just get confusing. either that or we can do personal crews, like i said, region free. but then that would be chaotic, too. i dunno, give me some feedback.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh he'll get a venue. Even in the offchance that he somehow isn't able to procure one of the previously mentioned venues, we could always resort back to the Sooner Room if necessary, or we could use his school's high school, or we could just find some crazy other way, but one way or another, this tournament is going down no matter what.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
well, we're definitely doing a dallas/OK...but that's just off the record. :p

we can do personal crews, but i need like 10 people(heavy hitters, not n00bs) to say they are up for it. then we'll work out regulations, if enough people want it.

edit: bluezaft, who are you?
do you need to sign up?

edit: vegafuse can't make it :(
this is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

bluezaft

The True Zaft
edit: bluezaft, who are you?
do you need to sign up?
Oh, yeah, go ahead and put me on the list. And would I and whoever I bring from Dallas be able to stay with either whoever is housing the Austin or the Dallas people?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I thought you were teaming with forkgirl Chris? That way I could team with Smiles and we could turn teams into milkshakes.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah, since you're with forkgirl you can stay at mi casa. also, are you guys going to come on the 21st, or come the 20th, and get some practice in the night before?
i think that's what dallas did at OHSNAP1, and those staying at my house are more than welcome to come 9pm or later on the 20th

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I know Texas will have at least 10 good players to be there for crews. (Wes, Jordan, Drew, Smiles, Chang, DoH, Richard, Me, Jesse, Austin, Forkgirl just off the top of my head. I think that's 11 <_<).

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
We could do OK/AZ vs TX <_<

Idk, I just like crews :p Heck, I'm pumped for the silly 3 man crew match that austin, jesse, and I are in.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
OK/AZ vs. TX might work.

or just like, everyone vs. TX...which is weird because it's an OK tourny. but it makes sense because texas has like...3 different areas that are powerhouses.

so like, TX vs. the world?
or, maybe 3v3 if not...i was thinking like 5 people, 20 stock. or 4 people, 20 stock.
or 4 or 5, as long as the whole team gets 20 stock :p

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
We could do TX vs the world and regular 4-5 man crews as well. The 3 man crew match I was talking about is outside fo the tournament.

forward

Smash Champion
How about just 3vs3 12 stock? This way people can generaly play with their crew and not have to find strangers to crew up with.

And what is this AZ/OK stuff? AZ consist of me and..... Enix? lol Ok that's fine but only if I get 10 stocks

dcx1287

Smash Lord
how about the best of az and texas vs oklahoma

that sounds much better

edit: i think it should be like that since this is an oklahoma-hosted tournament. they are trying to protect their home turf against the out of staters.

out of staters vs oklahoma seems to be the most sensible thing to do

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
we have no turf, though. we suck. that's why i'm moving to connecticut :p
just joking, i'm moving because of the rednecks.

and, dcx, you're not even coming...or if you are you're not preregistered. why listen to you? :\

but yeah, sean has the best point. 3v3 crews sound good...but also, like, that would take WAY too long unless it was single elim. how about 4v4- 16 stock, to compromise? i know there are only 3 arizona peeps (you, enix, and SP again), but you can get one non-scrub easily, i'm sure of it.
also, i doubt this will involve much money, maybe like 2 bucks a person.

but yeah, 4v4 sounds best if that's cool.
ok v. the world would be a ******
other locationally based 2 team crews are looked down upon apparently
and 3v3 or 5v5 has problems.

so...4v4?

dcx1287

Smash Lord
and, dcx, you're not even coming...or if you are you're not preregistered. why listen to you? :\
You're absolutely right there's no reason to listen to me. I was just supplying what I thought to be a sensible idea. I guess it make sense to discard my opinion solely on the basis that I'm not attending, although I actually might be attending this tournament.

I need to figure out what rides are available and when people plan to come back.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
You're absolutely right there's no reason to listen to me. I was just supplying what I thought to be a sensible idea. I guess it make sense to discard my opinion solely on the basis that I'm not attending, although I actually might be attending this tournament.

I need to figure out what rides are available and when people plan to come back.
i never said that...when i said "why listen to you?" i was actually kind of asking. but yeah.

and dammit, landon, learn to divide!

if crews are in 3 that would take more time than if crews were in 4.
let's say there are 60 people there. and everyone wanted to be in a crew.
if they are in teams of 3, that would make 20 teams.
if they are in teams of 4, that would make 15 teams.

and while the 3v3 battles would be shorter, i'm not sure if it's an equilizer because changing teams and setting up seem to take longer than it should, i learned from OHSNAP1

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Not everyone will have a crew though Alejandro. Plus, if it was 3 people and 4 stock that could take less time.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
^ Well I was indeed agreeing with you lol. It's best to get opinions from people who will actually be participating.

Approximately what time will the tournament end on Friday? Also, roughly how long does it take to drive from the middle of texas to the oklahoma venue?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
about 3 hours.

Make it 2 if it's 3 am and just you sandtrap, a can of rockstar and an eclipse with turbo.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
haha. no matter how many participate there would still be less teams, DoH. nonetheless, if the people demand 3v3, the people will get 3v3. after all, this IS a cheerocracy. however, it isn't region free, unless there are leftovers. in other words, no forward-FLT-darkrain ******. :p

and yeah, from dallas to norman is 2 hours and 57 minutes, on the button, if you do it right.
in my lifetime i've made the trip...over 100 times, no joke(all my father's side of the family lives in sallas or mesquite or surrounding areas). but yeah, 3 hours. i wasn't even joking about the 2:57, that's what some map site told me a few years ago.

so yeah, it's not too bad of a trip.
oh and good news, entry fees might go down to 3 bucks. i'm not promising anything but, in case things work out perfectly, you'll have an extra $1 dollar to lose or double in a MM XD

Top Bottom