• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest O.H.S.N.A.P. 2! (Oklahoma Hosts Smash- Need A Pummelling?) - Dec. 21-22

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
FLASHBACK!
7-25-06. 36 competitors, including 7 from dallas/ft. worth, 1 from arizona, and 6 from kansas came into one crowded room and smashed for over twelve hours. the singles pot reached 360 bucks, the doubles over 200. it was a gay occasion, and everything went well, as 35 scratchy voices sang happy birthday to a very angry Coty/South Paw. We near OHSNAP2, where the head count will be greater, the money pot larger, and the voices scratchier! This is the attempt to pick up where MOAST left off, and to reach awesomeness juxtaposition to HOST. However, what we have that HOST or any other tourny doesn't have- a city with 1/3 of all commercial buildings being a food establishment. so come get fat and sassy, and enjoy a festival of southwest smash.

BASIC INFO
Where: Norman, Oklahoma
Address: Oklahoma Memorial Union (Oklahoma University)
900 Asp Avenue, Ste. 428
Norman, Oklahoma 73019
Second Floor: Frontier Room: room 216B

*note, 73019 is the college zip code. the rest of east norman, including me, go under 73071
*The frontier room was sadly second choice to the heritage room, and is about 150 square feet smaller, but still larger than the sooner room from last year. plus, we've worked out a special layout to give us more space, which helps a ton.

Time: registration starts at 11AM on the 21st. smashing will start somewhere between noon and one, and it will end at midnight. we will pick things back up at 11AM the next day (22nd), and wrap everything up by 6PM
Payout: 1st= 50%, 2nd=25%, 3rd= 15%, 4th=10%
note: be on your best behavior. Anyone who commits a violent act or unnecessary abuse will be forced to leave and will not be refunded. this worst case scenerio probably won't occur, but just in case.

Entry Fee: $4/5, get a stamp :). 4 if preregistered in this thread, 5 if registered at the door.
Singles: $10 per contestant
Doubles: $20 per team
Low-Tier: $2 per contestant
Crew: 12 bucks for a team of 3 or 4 with 12 stock

Rulesets

Singles/Doubles
Singles Random Stages: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination
Singles Counterpick Stages: Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Jungle Japes, DK64
Singles Banned Stages: Icicle Mountain, Kongo Jungle, Great Bay, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Venom, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Onett, Princess Peach's Castle, Poke Floats, Green Greens

Doubles Random Stages: Yoshi's Story, Corneria, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination
Doubles Counterpick Stages: Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, DK64, Brinstar, Mute City, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Battlefield
Doubles Banned Stages: Icicle Mountain, Kongo Jungle, Fountain of Dreams, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island 64, Green Greens, Venom, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Fourside, Big Blue, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom, Great Bay, Princess Peach's Castle

*Time limit is 8:00 with 4-stock, items off
*Ties will result in stock/percentage. if this is equal, the match is void, and a new double blind/random stage match will be next.
*Double elimination bracket, with possible pools if over 64 participants.
*Best out of 3; Semis and on is best out of 5.
*Seeding will be done manually, by the first criterion of location, and second criterion of skill (mostly how well they did at OHSNAP1. I will also try and keep team partners out of the same areas if i can. Obviously Chang and Drew will be in different brackets, but so will Sand-Trap and DoH, and so on)
*Each person gets to pick 1 stage to knock out of RANDOM SELECT.
*In Octos (both winners and losers) and on, each person gets to instead pick 1 stage to knock out for the entire set.
*First round=double blind character picks
*Advanced Slob counterpicks- loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character
*No MLG-banned glitches may be used, nor stall tactics.
*Any controller based problem is seen as self-responsible, so using a wavebird is at your discretion. However, any equipment problems with the chords, cube, or television will be deemed as a technical error, and the current match will be restarted no matter who was winning. However, the same characters and stage must be chosen.
*In addition, controller mods and turbo/programmed buttons are banned.
*In team play, team attack is on, and life-stealing is allowed. If a computer is chosen as a partner, a contestant is allowed to force a lifesteal by using a 4th controller.
*Pause will be turned off.
*No cheating, e.g.- yelling at someone to knock them off concentration, or hitting/unplugging their controller. it's pretty textbook stuff, but it must be in the rules.
*Lastly, no stealing tags without permission. a lot of stuff will be video taped and i don't want someone running around with dr. drew's tag and losing a match to, say, me! that's just despicable.

CREW

*all random singles stages will be the eligible stages in crew battles. EVERY level will be chosen by random.
*everyone knows how crews work, collective stock of 12, divided evenly amongst 3 or 4 people. when one person is eliminated, the opponent continues to the next match with the same character and amount of stock they had at the end of the last battle, with a clean slate when it comes to damage percentage.
*double elimination bracket, no time limit.
*most of the etiquette for singles/doubles applies here, too.
*if in any match one member of the crew is not there, or decides not to play, the whole crew forfeits. this shouldn't be a problem, i'm putting it down "just in case."
*if a player attacks another player before he is out of his invincablity frames on what should be his current stock during set up, the match will be restarted. if this happens continuously, a team may be given a forced loss.
*on that same thought, no charging up projectiles or such during set up for a matchup.
*to finish that thought, and these whole rules up, each player should be on opposite sides of the map before they start.

Low-tier

uhh, pretty much the same as singles rules, except your character choices are limited to:
Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Young Link, Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda, Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo
also, it is single-elimination, to save time.

PREREGISTERED PARTICIPANTS (51)
Akasuna no Sasori
AttackStorM
Auddy
Austin RC
Bluezaft
Caleb
Caveman
Chang-Sta
Chubbs
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
Dart
Dr. DrewtheDragon *CHAMP*
Eli
EnixMoogle
FastLikeTree
Ferro de Lupe
Forkgirl
Forward
Gt
Hazygoose
ihavenopants
JesusFreak
Justin
Keroku the Thunderwolf
KOS-MOS
KrazyKirbyKid
Light
Link24
MaliceChaos
Marc
Marcus
Orange
Pay$
Pneuma
Po Pimpus
PWT
RastaImposta
Sabaku
Sabu
SamusedAway
Scud
Shade
Shanx
Smiles
South Paw
Vegafuse
Wild Boris
Wut?
Xelic
Zinth

SETUPS:
TVs
Hazygoose
JesusFreak
Po Pimpus
South Paw
Wild Boris
Zinth

Gamecubes/Smash/Memory Card/Cables
Epsilon52
Ferro de Lupe
Gravity
Gt
Hazygoose
JesusFreak
Po Pimpus
South Paw
Zinth

Power Strips
Ferro de Lupe
Gt
Hazygoose
Po Pimpus
Shanx
South Paw
Zinth

VCRs/Video Cameras
Gt
Po Pimpus
Po Pimpus (again)
South Paw
Zinth
Zinth (again)

housing

Hazygoose:
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
FastLikeTree
Xelic
Forkgirl
Smiles
Bluezaft
Caveman
WildBoris

RastaImposta:
Austin RC
JesusFreak
Chang-Sta
Dr. DrewtheDragon
KrazyKirbyKid
Marcus
SamusedAway

Gravity

Smash Ace
first post

and yeah, illbe coming to this. 100%, all the way. not half the way.

LETS GOOOOO!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
You know I'll be there. So, who's bringing setups? Count me in for a TV and a 'Cube.

Come with it, or don't come at all!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
to anyone who is going, please post here. no "maybe", post only if you are sure.

to anyone who wants to tell me what i should do for crew (5 members or cities), give me your input.

to anyone who can bring equipment, please post here. no "maybe", post only if you are sure.

to anyone wanting a rule change, post here.

to anyone wanting further info, PM me.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be there unless something major comes up (which it won't but you never know).

Got a title to defend after :)

And by defend I mean lose to Wes probably :(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i believe in you, drew.
maybe not as much as wes...but i still believe in you! :p

OHSNAP2 just wouldn't be the same without the reigning champ, man.
you know if you win this, too, you're third visit will be totally free :p :)

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Also put me down for a video camera and power strip as well, Alex. I can probably bring a VCR and tapes too. Also, Drew and DoH, we plan on being a bigger challenge to you guys this time.
Hopefully that means we can at least keep Wes from riding roughshod over all of us...

I also like Alex's first post, he's got that hype-man swagger. This is going to big, MARIO BIG!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
you can go ahead and add Wes, Xelic, AustinRC, and one badass MonkeyPuff player who needs no introduction to your list. :chuckle:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If it was December 22-23, I might've been able to come. I'm bound by a job contract until December 21. :(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
po, i've always got a certain swagger that makes me irresistable to the ladies (and some men), and gets me some **** respect. or at least confusion, and that's just as good, right?

anyway, glad to hear it, JF :)
once we get big names, other big names shall come.
i've already got people from florida that may take the 15-hour drive here.
insane! but awesome. awesome indeed.

buzzsaw: nooooo!!!
dude, i learned how to play YL because of you. and for that, you're one of my favorite smashers. it's too bad you can't come. do i need to go kill a lawyer to make it happen?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Why not? I'd like to see SOMEONE give Wes a challenge at this. :p And I don't think I've ever played you myself either even tho I met you way back at MOAST3.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
buzzsaw: nooooo!!!
dude, i learned how to play YL because of you. and for that, you're one of my favorite smashers. it's too bad you can't come. do i need to go kill a lawyer to make it happen?
:laugh: I seriously did look at plane ticket prices. My job contract ends at 5:00 PM on December 21. So, I'd miss the entire first day of the tournament if I flew out that evening. I guess I could simply have a breach of contract on that last day. I mean, what're they gonna do to me? Fire me? :chuckle:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
and why would that be, forward?
every other state is threatening to own us, too.
so why don't you come and try to out-own them? or something.
who cares, we're expecting to win our own tourny this year, with KOS-MOS and Shade and Vegafuse randomly getting a million times better. and they'll be even more kickass before the tourny. who knows how far the rest of us could go, too.

edit:
*looks at recent posts*
80+ in the past 2 days. i think i need to calm the crap down. i can't help it, OHSNAP2 is just so exciting!!! :p

Brookman

Smash Hero
If I were rich and people didn't worry so much about my wellbeing I'd cometo this tournament in a heart beat, but I don't think I'll be there! sorry.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Me, KrazyKirbyKid and his brother Marcus will be attending.

What's with all the banned stages?

Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, and Green Greens have no reason to be banned for singles. You Oklahoma people are just plain weird.

That and Mute City should definitely be banned for doubles because of lag.

Its just a completely different world up there isn't it?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
man, all you texas kids have been demanding jungle japes...

i guess i'll add it.

but, come on, green greens? that's like brinstar if lava fell from the ceiling, too :p

and chaotic, southpaw, i have no idea what your newest posts mean...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh yeah, according to MLG resources.

New Mexico > Oklahoma

But, I won't be able to come. Or anyone else from NM for that matter. Because you missed out on the the Giant battle of the Apocolypse Doomsday is coming tournament.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
southpaw, tell me what you want changed and why.

and sinz, you guys GO to more tournaments...that's why it says you're ranked higher than our players, i'm sure. either that or we suck, which is possible :p

South_Paw

Smash Ace
lol, caotic's just weird that way,btw :p

well, i honestly cant ask you to cater the stages to what i want... but lets see

i think it's interesting to have DK64 as a random... unusual but think its a good idea to try out.

i'm personally against pokefloats, because mute city and brinstar are already puff advantaged levels...puff and peach

and termina? /groan... that and peach's castle are just begging to be camped... gay foxes galore.

other than that i think your stage choices are quite flavorable, lol

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Pokefloats isn't that great for puff and peach...plus space animals already have FD and Yoshi's on random, plus **** like Corneria to counterpick, and Onnets on in singles, oh help us.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
pokefloats so is a puff stage... get in some damage then float around till time runs out

and agree that space animals do have corneria... BUT FD is'nt the advantage it used to be... too many chaingrabbers

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Pokefloats is not that great of a Puff stage. There are points when it's helpful to her, but there are also points when it's not. I like the stage because I think it's fun, but it wouldn't be my 1st choice to counterpick. I don't really know what I think about Peach's castle, and Termina is on... the one with the turtle? I thought that stage was banned. Definitely should be.

The rest seems fine to me.

Top Bottom