• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest O.H.S.N.A.P. 2! (Oklahoma Hosts Smash- Need A Pummelling?) - Dec. 21-22

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
If Wichita can get its travel arangements settled then we are set to go. (It's only a 2.5 hour drive i know, i know)

Dr. Drew is right about the whole going to their tournaments as well thing. (Which we are trying to do)

In the case that KS/MO peepes don't show, will i be getting my shank free sleep somewhere? D:

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we michigan people are poor now (well I was planning on funding the entire trip... and with my luck i just got fired from both my jobs). so i guess we're holding our own tournament here. maybe next time.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Yes drew but it also helps when youre from ok and have lived in az and played with them for two years and held your own tournament, lawl... im trying to play ambassador and help out the ok scene while im here.

and yes, we do mad driving for tourneys, lol...

South_Paw

Smash Ace
that was kinda my plan anyways, as im picking up chucky also (and possibly trevyn)... and i highly doubt housing would be a problem... ive talked up az enough here that anybody would be willing to house you.

oh yeah, and help me and chucky get trevyn here... if we have enough for a crew we can do crew battles. more money for you.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
It's possible. Depends on how big the pot(s) is(are) You'll most likely get top 2 or 3 in everything you enter so I imagine you'd be able to cover it.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
well.. im not as sure of it being 300+ as they are... but if you win singles, and teams (you could do it with just about anybody for a team mate), crews, and low-tier... then yeah, i think it would be close...

i counted around thirty people or so on the first page, and then there are those that havent registered yet (me, chucky, you, kuni and his bros.) ... including say, ten or so RANDOM people, and then i guess if kansas comes another five to ten... so maximum of what, fifty people? if every one of those people enters all events, the prizes will go something like this...

(First place)
Singles: 250
Doubles: 500 split which of course is 250 each
Low Tier: 50
Crews... not sure yet and you cant really calculate that anyways until we know for sure how many people and such...

so... in theory, assuming you kick all royal *** (likely)... we only really NEED 35 people to show up for you to get your money back through singles and doubles...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
maximum is a lot more than 50 people. we're looking at 40+ minimum...

there are a lot who are coming for sure but who aren't preregistered, and then about 30 people on the boards PM'ing me about finding a location before that say yes/no :)

last time there were 36...there is no reason it could get past 50, and the likelihood is that it will. so yeah.

wut?

Smash Apprentice
nmo guys im saying should i make a cake and who ever wins gets it tell me u dont want a cake

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Dude, you should be slapped for that. Cake is not a substitute for pie. That's like saying an XBOX is a substitute for a doorstop.

...oh wait <_<

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
the batman: don't steal my avatar, lets have an avatar match, loser has to change theirs =)
yo foward I love dante and dmc more than any known human being in the galaxy so urm I'm down for a avatar match :) and my sig is the best in the nation btw

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah, if I recally correctly Nebraska was considering going to OHSNAP1 but weren't sure if the turnout was gonna be worth it. Well, this turnout is going to be very good, that's for sure, so why not come to this one?

dmac

Smash Champion
we'll probably be bringin less than our usual to this cause people have families... or something

pay$...

Smash Rookie
u guys do know i got DSF DSF DSF DSF DSF DSF DSF DSF DSF TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did this me im the best to get him to come me im so cool

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i'll call a couple of places.
but i'm having a LOT of personal problems, that came this weekend.
i'll try to be a bit productive though.
expect a final verdict soon.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Man you're gonna be disappointed when DSF doesn't come. Course based on his random appearance at several other events I wouldn't be surprised if he did come

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Can you find a place soon Hazy? Cause my parents might actually say if I can go or not if I can tell them where it is since this tourny's gettin awfully close.
TOO MUCH PRESSURE!

but yeah, i'll have it soon. i called 4 places today, they were all booked. those were some easy eliminations.
and soon after, i'll have landon's sig.
and then i'll maybe even have time to play the game,
but probably not.

school sucks, yo.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
FMatt, by "us" do you mean Texas, or Dallas?
He never said us lolz.

Yes I had to point that out.

Also... yeah location is like really really really really important.

We never even announced a tournament until we had a set location back in the good old days.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
lol, PRESSURRRREEEEE.... cant take the PRESSURRRREEEE!!! lol

but yeah, i feel ya drew, its still done that way in some places... but still, we should cut him a lil slack i think... just to be nice... maybe /devil grin

Top Bottom