• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest O.H.S.N.A.P. 2! (Oklahoma Hosts Smash- Need A Pummelling?) - Dec. 21-22

Pneuma

Smash Ace
If it's not too late, I'm entertaining the idea of going.
I have a car for anyone in Austin that still needs a ride or would like to ride in a less-packed car.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
that's fine.

oh, and if anyone else would rather stay in a hotel...that's be awesome, too. it's just...housing is starting to become limited, so we're trying to make as much space as possible.

i'm going to ask about people just staying there overnight if they aren't that loud...if we can do that, anyone who isn't housed can just chill there and guard everything :)

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Things are looking grim for me on the housing situation, I don't know if my parents will let me house any OOsers. Maybe if they see some of you are good natured people that aren't trying to slit other poeple's throats.. maybe they will reconsider.

On that note.. I need my own place.

link24

Smash Cadet
ok ?'s - 1. wat do u mean by double blind character picks, counter pick stages,do we get to choose our team partner? and how i pre-register?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
ok ?'s - 1. wat do u mean by double blind character picks, counter pick stages,do we get to choose our team partner? and how i pre-register?
double blind character picks just means the two opponents choose their characters without knowing who the other player will play as...that way they don't argue trying to counterpick each other.

"counterpicks" go as such- after a match:
loser picks the stage, then winner picks character, then loser picks character. this gives the loser of the last match a big advantage, but doesn't completely harm the winner of the previous match, because he at least picks a character that can adapt to the stage.

yes, of course you get to choose your team partner

and lastly, you pre-registser here, just by saying "i'm going!"
if you're bringing anyone along, tell me their name, too, and i'll pre-register them :)

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I'm not poor, I just like to not pay more than I should. So just so we can see, I did some math in my head.

50 Participants pre-registered

50 x $20 = $1000 (assuming no one else shows up and excluding low tier and crews)

50 x $4 = $200 (.... money would still be coming out of the pot, yes I know not as much but still)
We'll exclude this for a second and add it in later.

$1000 - $350 = $650 (still excluding the afore mentioned events)

So for each 1v1 and 2v2 excluding the "stamp":
pot = $325

1st: 50%= $162.5 2nd: 25%= $81.25 3rd: 15%= $48.75 4th: 10%= $32.5

Not too bad, I think we can deal with those.

Now for with the "stamp".

$1200 - $350 = $850

Now for each 1v1 and 2v2 with the "stamp":
pot= $425

1st: 50%= $212.5 2nd: 25%= $106.25 3rd: 15%= $63.75 4th: 10%= $42.5

So yeah, basically just charging a larger entry fee. Should the "stamp" be eliminated altogether?

Whatever.... by now I've realized that we're basically giving our money to Wes, Drew, Chang, and... I don't know probably Smiles or Forward. Do what you will. I'll probably pay it anyway, just expect a lot of complaining as I do it lol.

Enjoy the colors!

South_Paw

Smash Ace
O_o

the "entry free" & stamp is to pay for the venue, if we wanted to make a larger entry for the tournament we would have.... just made a larger entry fee. Simple eh?

and... stop complaining.

JF: dont ***** about dk, we have a money match, lol... and speaking of that... do you still want to do my falco vs your puff? i know our all cast match is a friendly, but babac reminded me of the falco/puff one last night.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
link24: got you 4 down

fmatt(i think...is that you, samusedaway?): it's kind of the same thing, except people who want to come in all events won't be punished for doing so. $4 enables someone to participate in any or all events, which is fair. more fair than saying "you're entering 4 events, so obviously you should pay more for the building...because it's like there are 4 of you here." one person should pay the fee, then worry about the events afterwards; that's just the way i see it. i hope you get my point. either way, it shouldn't be a huge deal, we should all focus on how fun and f'ing awesome it will be.

link24

Smash Cadet
exactly. people need to stop complaining. btw this is my first tourney this major. so wat all do we do just tell them we registered on line and then pay the fee for each event or how will that go down??????

THIS DUDE MAY HAVE A GREEN CAST ON HIS RIGHT ARM BUT HE'LL BEAT YOU!!!!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
exactly. people need to stop complaining. btw this is my first tourney this major. so wat all do we do just tell them we registered on line and then pay the fee for each event or how will that go down??????

THIS DUDE MAY HAVE A GREEN CAST ON HIS RIGHT ARM BUT HE'LL BEAT YOU!!!!
just show up on the 21st around 11am and pay your money, and register for any event/s you want :)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
O_o

the "entry free" & stamp is to pay for the venue, if we wanted to make a larger entry for the tournament we would have.... just made a larger entry fee. Simple eh?

and... stop complaining.

JF: dont ***** about dk, we have a money match, lol... and speaking of that... do you still want to do my falco vs your puff? i know our all cast match is a friendly, but babac reminded me of the falco/puff one last night.

Coty, I appreciate it, but what I was hoping for was for some people who don't know any better to go

"omg he plays DK?! What a nub! OK, I'll MM you for $20 LOLOL noob!!!1"

Altho I'm still happy to play you with what we got set up. :)

Yea I'll do Jiggly vs Falco for sure, but did you want it to be for money or just a "serious friendly"?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I already announced this in the Oklahoma Thread, but just for certain, I'll post it here:

I will be personally presenting a special prize the Oklahoma who places the highest at OHSNAP 2. Trust me when I say that it is an awesome prize that can not be missed. I promise.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Like I said its not really a big deal, I'm going to pay it anyway. I just like to argue about things I suppose. Plus now I know you guys were at least thinking things through and not just throwing random stuff in there. :cool:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
haha, don't worry...
this time we're prepared.
last time, i dunno what happened, but i was supposed to just be doing brackets and then BOOM i had control of everything.
but now that i am le director, with rastaimp0sta as co-director, everything is set (i am a highly organized person.).

and po, i am very much going to try and get that special gift. i hope it's orange soda...alex loves orange soda.

edit: 56 people signed up so far...i hope this goes over 64...then tournament maker will be like "WTF?!?!"

South_Paw

Smash Ace
more than 64? round robin time hells YEAH!!!

omg i bet the gift is a hooker... that makes me want kuni to win now rofl...

lol, nah... i'd rather it be food... mmm food... im way too hungry atm

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah, over 64 would be fun, i would have to contact neal and use his online program for pools, then just take 32 out of those and put them in a bracket. now THAT'd be fun as hell.

i almost forgot- to the people staying at my house, my gaming chair functions as a bombass stereo, so i hope you don't mind a stream of techno playing at all times that we're not sleeping...which will only be a couple hours, but still.

edit: randomness, but the last time i saw "nin9" in my head i read "nine inch niles"...because "nails" and "nine" ran together.
i thought it was witty...considering it was completely accidental.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
samusedaway: The point of an entry fee is for those who don't want to do singles or don't want to do teams but still wish to attend.
We could up the singles by $5 but the teams-only people would then be playing for less. Either way, an entry fee for a venue is the standard, not the exception.

EDIT: Do you need TV/cube?
And can RastaImposta hold one more from Austin? ;_;

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Pneuma, are you coming?
as far as housing goes, i can't take anymore, i'm already over my limit, but hopefully rasta can, and if not, shade or po can, whichever isn't housing keroku.

aaand, yeah, hopefully i can get some more people to come from Norman, but no one is listening. arg.

my yoshi has gotten sick. look out, i think i may get top 10 in low-tier. whooptie f'ing do.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
no, i meant the fact that i may actually do well in something that, even if i got far, i wouldn't get much money in...but it's more than money.

wait, no it's not, WTF!!??!?!?!
:p

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Pneuma, are you coming?
Yes. Hopefully I can talk to Zev and get him to come with me also. And for housing, I'll either throw myself down pleading for a square foot of clean floor or I'll rent a cheap motel for a night. In any event, I've got nothing better to do. =D

WiLD BOris

Smash Ace
well its seems that Driving arrangements have changed a little.

However, Booya and I are still planning on staying with you Hazy.
(BOOYA is a maybe considering recent events)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Yes. Hopefully I can talk to Zev and get him to come with me also. And for housing, I'll either throw myself down pleading for a square foot of clean floor or I'll rent a cheap motel for a night. In any event, I've got nothing better to do. =D
w000000t

well its seems that Driving arrangements have changed a little.

However, Booya and I are still planning on staying with you Hazy.
(BOOYA is a maybe considering recent events)
what about bluezaft?

WiLD BOris

Smash Ace
I think he's coming with people who are staying with you already.

So everything should be straight. Dont know about the other two though.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
omg...... I know what an entry fee is for. I was just explaining the options and the similarities to just increasing the over all entry, not that one specific thing should be changed or anything.

Also I believe the other two Boris is referring to mentioned something about having their own ride either here or in the thread Bluezaft made.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on thursday.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Well I do too, and you don't see me complaining. (That and I probably have more of a reason why I can't go... like about 1200 miles of reason.)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
bluezaft IS driving...so wildboris...he still has a place for you...

caveman is coming with us too
are you not in a car with DoH, smiles, etc.?

i just need to know, if i am adding caveman to housing, or if i'm taking some people off.

caveman news...best news i've gotten yet.
caveman is one of my 3 favorite smashers to watch, along with dope and aho. so...hurray.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i guess nebraska chickened out.
i hope kansas can come, they seem to be worrying about money.
texas is amazing, they are totally invading our state, matching us smasher for smasher in number.
enix and B are representing the rest of the SW, since CO/UT/NM aren't coming, even though they threatened that they would take our money.
and lastly...OK...we need some more smashers. keroku's cew isn't coming, probably :\, so get as many people as you can to come.

Top Bottom