• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest O.H.S.N.A.P. 2! (Oklahoma Hosts Smash- Need A Pummelling?) - Dec. 21-22

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
x-mas work pwned me, so i can't make it =(

great job on getting such a great turn out!

if i can ill try to replace myself with a hooker instead, which im sure none of you will mind

post vids yo

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm taking JF and Austin from their place around noon and we're heading to Rasta's place.
Last minute call for austinites who need a ride! I'll check this once in the morning then we're off to Oklahoma!

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
I'd pay money to see Forward vs. FLT. Somebody will record that right? Right??? *cough*hugehint*cough*

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Heh, yea I can't wait to see that too. I just hope forward does better than he did at s.ex2 :p

It will definitely be recorded seeing as how it's likely going to be a final of some sort.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
JF, don't be tacky, you're making Texas look bad, like we're florida or something back in 2005...FLT/forward have never played in tournament so those friendlies that you're bragging about (why are you bragging about them anyway, you're not wes)...and if you're wondering where I'm getting a sense that you're bragging it's from your sardonic smilie...bragging vicariously through wes' not really relevant accomplishment [considering they were friendlies and almost a year ago] comes off as crude and self-serving, as if to only polish your own apple. Now you may say that's not what you meant, or that I am extrapolating things out of context, but it comes off that you were trying to degrade someone elses reputation by using someone (whom you consider to be a friend) else's win over them...it's pretty tasteless.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
lol, wow DoH... there was quite a bit of assumption in that nice chunky paragraph.

And to everybody that's not coming... No Johns.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
lol, wow DoH... there was quite a bit of assumption in that nice chunky paragraph.

And to everybody that's not coming... No Johns.
No joke! Back off, DoH. I wasn't even bragging at all, I was messing around. Why do some people feel the need to take even the slightest comment I make out of proportion? And since when does a smiley indicate bragging? Also, I don't really consider Wes a friend. <_<

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Hazygoose: Booya, NIN9, and Leapinghare are no longer in my car, instead I'm bringing Smiles and Caveman, so they're the ones that need to be housed. Just thought I should let you know about the switch.

Oh, and Booya isn't coming at all.

link24

Smash Cadet
so we gonna have food there? or we get our own? o and y do we play with all these other stages y dont we just duke it out final destination?????

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
so we gonna have food there? or we get our own? o and y do we play with all these other stages y dont we just duke it out final destination?????
...LOL! Omg, Shade would agree with you there... however, getting to the point Final Destination, contrary to popular belief, is actually not a completely "even" level, so we have other stages to help even the set out :colorful: Plus, wouldn't it get boring if we only played on FD all the time? :dizzy:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Hazygoose: Booya, NIN9, and Leapinghare are no longer in my car, instead I'm bringing Smiles and Caveman, so they're the ones that need to be housed. Just thought I should let you know about the switch.

Oh, and Booya isn't coming at all.
thanks for the heads up :)

wildboris: are you coming at all? by yourself or what? just wondering. i can house you, but not anyone else, if you come with a random new group of people.

edit: oh, and link24...there will be a ton of falcos.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
imagine a teams battle...but with 3 people on each team, and they fight one at a time.

i don't know how else to put it...if you have better than a 56k connection, watch a crew battle on googlevideo.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yes. that information is in the first post, too.

edit: also...people are starting to drop. arg. thankfully, not everyone going is preregistered. bring your friends!
i'm still trying to get like...4 people to tell 4 more people. we'll see if it comes around.

forward

Smash Champion
Hey guys I was supposed to transer in Denver, but there was a blizzard here and I'm stuck over night, so I won't make it for teams. Hopefully I can make it tomarrow and make it for singles, however the blizzard is pretty bad and I may not even make that.

*crosses fingers*

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey guys I was supposed to transer in Denver, but there was a blizzard here and I'm stuck over night, so I won't make it for teams. Hopefully I can make it tomarrow and make it for singles, however the blizzard is pretty bad and I may not even make that.

*crosses fingers*
Are you serious? God dammit, **** you, Murphy's law :(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
gotcha. well...i guess i'll be cleaning out the back room tomorrow morning.

:( @ forward. i hope you can make it, man. because...not making it is unfortunate.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
partial DOUBLES RESULTS:

1st) FastLikeTree/Xelic
(undefeated)
2nd) Chang-Sta/Dr. DrewtheDragon
(lost to caveman/smiles in winner's semis, then lost to flt/xelic in grand finals)
3rd) Caveman/Smiles
(lost to flt/xelic in winner's finals, lost to chang/drew in loser's finals)
4th) KirbyKid/Marcus
(lost to chang/drew in quarters and loser's semis)

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Hazygoose thanks for the updates.

If it's not too much trouble, could you give us a run down on who beat who in the brackets?

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Too bad that I cant go. I wish that I could have came but there is always another. I will see you guys at the next one, no doubt about it!!!!

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
whats the total head count there? how many set ups do you have? What was the $ prize for teams? Sounds like a good tourney, next time gadget...next time

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
something like....

46 people
10 setups
$10x46 people=$460

err...like, a bunch of texans went home. even though bluezaft said "no johns."
wtf? oh well. everyone that stayed over my house is really cool XD

so hurray. and smiles is good at DDR...better than me(i'm almost 9 step, he's almost 10 step, from what i can tell)...i'm hoping there's at least 1 game i could beat him in...somewhere, somehow.

and of course, coty and i got taco bell. so, that made the end of the night much more relaxing. bean burrito and pepsi? hells yeah.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Singles at Drew's house today.

3 pm

Be there.

*This post brought to you by Drew's Wiiiiii!*

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
God ****it, KKK, WHERE ARE YOU? How the hell are you just gonna leave when youre suppose to follow us?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah, there's 1v1, though like...not many people showed up...because some people are...yeah. i won't go there, i'm slightly upset, though.

edit: OHSNAP, after this tournament, very well may be discontinued. unless rasta hosts one, because i'll be out of the SW before summer.
blah...58 preregistered for singles...less than half showed up. wtf?

Top Bottom