• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nvm hate me - doesn't work lolz

ADHD

Smash Hero
I suppose this would work on characters that have LONG trip animations over the edge, snake is most affected by this so I will explain it on him and him only.

As you know, if you glide toss the banana at a character so they trip right over the edge it's a free downsmash, dtilt, or jab. Downsmash is the most rewarding, until now. Snake literally has enough lag while slipping over the edge that you can walk over and up b RIGHT so the sweetspot will barrel spike him downwards. An AT that sends snake directly downwards? Dairs ahoy.

I JUST tested this and I have to go, but if someone would fill some more light on it (i.e. try running before up b'ing, seeing what percent snake falls below the ledge so he can't jump right back up to sweetspot it, & testing the spacing more) that'd be great. Naner lock to up b over the ledge. GG, snake.

Edit: Nvm, they can DI away from the ledge before the spike sweetspots..

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^yea it happened accidently for me (the footstool part) but ofcourse

footstool combos into upb =3.

good ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would SDI the Upb Spike, tech it, and Uair you ADHD.

But only because I am gay like that.

Have you tried seeing if Snake can affect the timing you need to do all of this if he SDI's different ways when hit with the banana?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Susa, it's because my natural instincts as a Wario main are to avoid **** at all costs.

TreK

Is "that guy"
double banana lock-spike-taunt
who said brawl didn't have true combos =O

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
-bans fd- camps on ledges all day :d
good stuff tho looks like i wont have to cp snake vs snake for my diddy nao :d.

RATED

Smash Lord
I would SDI the Upb Spike, tech it, and Uair you ADHD.

But only because I am gay like that.

Have you tried seeing if Snake can affect the timing you need to do all of this if he SDI's different ways when hit with the banana?
^ WIN

now serious : hmm that sounds really good even though I don't like using diddy. that's maybe like a "free spike" but yeah i agree with DMG when he refers to SDI to check if this can be avoid or not.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if we play today ima **** you up so badly that you'll have to pull D3 on me

Oh this is Ally posting on Alex Strife account, sorry Alex XD.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You can't do this RIGHT at the ledge because they'll just grab the ledge. you have to make them use their trip animation almost all the way through and near the ledge to get the spike in. It works amazingly on marth.

Player-3

Smash Hero
adhd i totally hate you now >:

p1 called me from his random escape into some random redneck place where he won like 7 pieces of gum and some motor oil from a brawl tournament and i told him about this and he says he hates you too

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm not a Snake main and I busted this on like... the first page lol. If people DON'T avoid this properly, AND they don't SDI the Upb Spike and Tech, then yeah they deserve to die from it lol.

Top Bottom