• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NU To OU Project- First batch

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So everyone likes Magic Guard I assume?

I posted in the other thread on how I'm interested in having a "UU to OU" Project. Would anyone else be interested? It would coincide with this one, both working to improve Pokemon of the lower tiers.

-Terywj

IC3R

Smash Lord
I want Gardie in the next batch :)

She wants it so badly :(

UU to OU would be fun...I'm sure it won't be nearly as difficult as working with trash :laugh:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not necessarily. Some of the UU Pokemon only need better movepools / abilities.

Regardless I may allow it to a minor minor extent.

So people would be up for it?

-Terywj

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Not necessarily. Some of the UU Pokemon only need better movepools / abilities.

Regardless I may allow it to a minor minor extent.

So people would be up for it?

-Terywj
Some don't need anything except team support.

It just seems like so many UU pokes are usable in OU but need team support/are outclassed. Am I right?

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
What could it possibly learn to improve itself?

Intimidate is useful as well, for its ability anyways.

W/o Base Stat tampering, Arbok is hopelessly worthless. Unless you like paralyzing Ground types. Which Dunsparce can also do, and follow it up with haxxing.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Arbok is hopeless. There's so many good poison pokemon that just do a better job at anything due to base stats. Take Muk as an example. Muk has better stats and a movepool that Arbok could only dream of. Only thing Arbok has an advantage in is it's ability (intimidate>sticky hold). Also it's a bit faster but it's still pretty slow, so it doesn't really matter.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Ooh, 75 accuracy paralyzer? Scary!!!!

Why not t-wave if you're looking to paralyze someone?

EDIT: Oh, I see, you meant Muk doesn't have a paralyzing move. True, but glare is still crap.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Arbok @ Leftovers | Shed Skin
Adamant / 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Rest / Sleep Talk / Toxic Fang* / Earthquake

*Base 80 Poison-type physical attack. Has a 100% chance to badly poison.

Still lacks bulk, though. Grr.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Glare ruins Dugtrio.

And Flygon.

And Jolteon.

And Electivire.
Of course, now if Arbok could outspeed Dugtrio, Electivire, and Flygon before they Earthquake it to oblivion, that would help.

Arbok @ Leftovers | Shed Skin
Adamant / 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Rest / Sleep Talk / Toxic Fang* / Earthquake

*Base 80 Poison-type physical attack. Has a 100% chance to badly poison.

Still lacks bulk, though. Grr.
Definite Toxic? You're silly. What accuracy would that thing have?

-Terywj

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Of course, now if Arbok could outspeed Dugtrio, Electivire, and Flygon before they Earthquake it to oblivion, that would help.
Exactly, lol. Plus, if you wanted to "wreck" these pokemon, why wouldn't you just run stun spore on a more useful pokemon?

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Exactly.

Like I previously said, hopeless.

@Krazyglue: Know any grass/bug types (only people that can learn Stun Spore) that can survive a Electivire Fire Punch/Flygon Fire Blast?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Dang, Toxic Fang would be a ridiculously good move. Still doesn't make up for how terrible arbok is compared to other rest-talkers.

IC3R

Smash Lord
What Arbok wants is to live. How do you do that? By either boosting your own defenses, or wrecking your foe's power, since we are unallowed to alter base stats.

How about Dragon Skin*, since it's of the Dragon egg group?

*Ability: "Dragon Skin" -- Reduces all forms of damage by a certain percentage (12.5%?)

IC3R

Smash Lord
What's important is the concept. Do you think it'd be enough?

(On a side note, I'm up for name suggestions >w<)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Exactly.

Like I previously said, hopeless.

@Krazyglue: Know any grass/bug types (only people that can learn Stun Spore) that can survive a Electivire Fire Punch/Flygon Fire Blast?
No but Jumpluff outruns both of them, something that arbok can't do (barring stats boosting). Plus this point is moot since arbok can't eat up an earthquake from either of the aforementiond pokemon.

Base 250 power, then.

GOOD ENOUGH FER YA?
:O

Almost ;)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hahaha, okay, so Arbok will be abandoned. I'll be more selective next time.

Alright, so review time. Let's see if I can remember everything

Flareon:
Ability: Reckless
Moves: Iron Head, Flare Blitz, Stone EdgeU

Sharpedo:
Ability: Technician, Guts
Moves: U-turn Pursuit
hmm there was more there, gonna need to go back and check

Zangoose:
Ability: Adabtibility, Quick Feet
Moves: Exteme Speed

Licky:
Ability: Scrappy, Thick Fat
Moves: none so far

Chatot:
Ability: Magic Guard, Compound Eyes
Moves: Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Thunder.

Arbok:
ABANDONED

Open for scrutiny, critque, add ons, anything at all. Then we will make a poll and decide which of these pokemon are now viable in OU.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Then it would be Ubers.

I cannot think of a single damaging move used in Ubers that cannot KO Arbok.
Shadow Tag wouldn't put Arbok in Ubers. It doesn't have the stats (nor the movepool, funnily enough) that Wobbuffet has to pull it out. Shadow Tag would, at best, put it in the bottom rungs of UU. The more likely best though would just be seeing higher usage in NU as the only viable trapper apart from Trapinch (Magneton kinda too, but it only traps like...4 things).

Arbok is essentially a lost cause, despite how much I lurv it. :(

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Not entirely. I was mainly just saying my opinions on them and such.

But as for Lickilicky, I think you basically covered its Snorlax issue with Scrappy (its ability to not waste an extra slot just for Crunch is a major advantage; plus Scrappy Explosion, which basically anything would be jealous of).

Chatot's a little...well, let's just say that giving it the ability to function like a more normal NP'er isn't all it needs. I'm not even sure if it can be saved, and if it can be then I certainly haven't found out how. All of its stats are worse than those of Infernape and Azelf, and it arguably has worse typing than them as well. Giving it Magic Guard is a major improvement, but it still can't be saved from being OHKO'd by basically anything and everything in OU. Oh yeah, and it's also outsped by quite a lot and gets no special priority (giving it Vacuum Wave wouldn't be a big savior either), so in most cases it would just NP and then be forced to switch out immediately after (which is where you can also run into issues if their 'check' was a Scizor). So yeah, I don't know if there's anything you can do to it.

Top Bottom