• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NSW thread

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, the smash meet will have to wait, I have family coming up, and my sisters 21st the week after :(

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
I should be capable, just hit me up with the details. Best if we could just do it for Saturday.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Reviving the thread

So animania is off, well we can either plan something or give it a rest for awhile.

Regardless of what happens HSC exams are just over 3 weeks away.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
That is lame the way they did that.

Yet they have a tournament for a game that relies on luck...(from what I've heard...being Double Dash)
Well, hopefully you guys get something happening, even crappy little Tassie has a better Smash scene (:laugh: ) and we live upwards of 80kms away from each other.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Mario Kart a game that relies on luck to win? o_0 I didn't know that. Didnt Mario kart 64 have mini kart bombs to slow your progress - kind of a luck chance thing to be hit in one if it pops around the corner. Unless you know where they are then you can avoid them. Oh one other thing the most luck based game in MK64 would have to be toad turnpike and the penguin littered island (forgot what its called)

Hopefully a smash tournament should happen in the near future. Hell I could organise one at UTS if I was granted executive priveliges. Plenty of TVs, couple GCs and can organise a room to the tournaments.

There must be smash haters now organising Animania this year... Guess that's why they gave Jaz and I the 'cold shoulder' when we 'nagged' them for details for the upcoming weekend.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Yeah true, its kinda lame on the part of animania. NSW is getting there though, we have the strongest scene ever, and its all thanks to Jaz. I got some flak for "ditching" mo own tournament, OHN5... But I asked for work off and never got it... oh well we can only progress, and at the end of the year strong smash players will no longer be tied up with exams (Me, Carlos, Abhorsen, Ella... plus more?).

- Zereul

jazblack009

Smash Ace
lol i'm boycotting animania this year
for the ridiculous prices and lack of smash
pricks :p
on the plus side the best mew2 in Oz... Markarse will be in NSW
with a mystery guest....
hopefully o.O

jazblack009

Smash Ace
its not happeneing mark can't come and animania went nazi on us
soz man i was looking forward to it to
save up for melbourne guys ;) cao won't let that be cancelled by anime freaks

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sorry to hear about your loss tomorow. My deepest sympathies.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
I thought SSBM was the most popular game in Japan, even surpassing the number of people playing MKDD?? Makes me wonder...

Will be looking forward to Caotic's tourney in Melbourne. There will be anime freaks there but they won't be the dominant group at that tourney. XD

... This weekend's pretty quiet

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Well not quite for me, I just got home from a Halo lan... oh yeah it was sexual ViVA La NBk.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Looks like you had fun XD

I went to animania and it was all ****... Prices were rediculous and they had smash but as friendlies - too many newb smashers tho came across a good smasher. Never again will I see a Yoshi player in the same light again!

Zereul what compensation are you referring to?

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Ah well we need more smash soon, HSC is coming up but I am a realist, I know that one weekend of Smash won't make me go any worse than if I was studying.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Nah I don't want to, This Avatar was awarded to me as a gift by an Admin... pretty hot, and your Father Gregori well we all now he was eaten by zombies... however I am yet to finish Half life 2, I have it on xbox up to Anti citizen chapter.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The last chapter is godly in terms of awsomeness.

Also, something you'll probably get a kick out of is www.hlcomic.com It's the story of Gordon Frohman and starts a week before Freeman arives, and goes (currently) all the way til the end of HL2, and is almost definetly to go into Episode 1. It's awsome.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not at all, just means you recognise our awsomeness :p

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Man the greatest package ever is coming out, sure its all going to PC as well but it ain't as cool cause we get it all in one.

Coming to the 360

The Half Life 2 package
Featuring:
Half Life 2 (Changed to utilise the 360 looks better then on PC believe or not)
Half Life 2: Episode 1 (Same as above)
Half Life 2: Episode 2
Team Fortress 2
Portals

All in one package for the cost of $100

And to top it off, im wearing my Half life 2 shirt :p

I recognise Perth as a great place already.

On the Halo side of things, It gave us kMp the cool Perth clan and I had many good scrims with them, as well as my mate Riddik from Perth his a good lad.

On Smash Bringer!!! A pro player who uses Yoshi thats awesomeness, and he tells me you guys are preficiant with the Pummelluff... hehe

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Man the greatest package ever is coming out, sure its all going to PC as well but it ain't as cool cause we get it all in one.

Coming to the 360

The Half Life 2 package
Featuring:
Half Life 2 (Changed to utilise the 360 looks better then on PC believe or not)
Half Life 2: Episode 1 (Same as above)
Half Life 2: Episode 2
Team Fortress 2
Portals

All in one package for the cost of $100

And to top it off, im wearing my Half life 2 shirt :p
Yeah, that's mighty fine. I can't wait for Episode 2 though, asside from the story, I want my portal!

I recognise Perth as a great place already.
Awwwwwwwww

He tells me you guys are preficiant with the Pummelluff... hehe

Pummelluff > Rondadoo

ColdIce

Smash Rookie
Just out of interest, is there anyone here who lives in/very close to the Blue Mountains?

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Not from knowledge ColdIce, mainly Sydney and Illawarra people. Though the Blue Mountains are only a few hours away, would you ever travel by train into Sydney?

And for you Jaz in case you didn't know, I start my new job on Monday, I ain't some fansy sales men like at Domayne, but I will be in charge of my own gaming section :) This will be good, because Im applying for full time, and if I prove how good I am, I will get week days, the other person will be thrown on casual on weekends.

Smash anyone?

jazblack009

Smash Ace
YEHS! whoooo i have gridiron in illawarra every second week XD so i have an excuse to stay over night at yourz without asking ;)
I'm afradi i'm done travelling for smah to meet new people coldice, sorry mate, but i seem to put people off smash these days. and no one else seems to play bar me and Z alot have quit and most don't have an account here
the melee that sydney enjoys is random and has items on very high... and thats not my smash, not anymore

sydney smashers are sparse and spare, i live in sydney's eastern suburbs, Z is an hour south away and you coldice are 2 hours west, if you can whoop your friends and are bored for competition, you could come to verse me one day... or wait for brawl :p
sorry cold ice work has taken my travelling enthusiasm away from me >.<

Sloth

Smash Ace
Omg Jaz has done travelling. Deep post man.

But that doesn't include out of Sydney right? ^_^

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Ah its all good, I have been playing some more smash lately, against Tyler and... well lvl 9s :p

I got bored so I am trying to focus on wavedashing... I will talk myself up in my own arrogance (Could I be any other way) But I think my Style is decent but my game is very sloppy, I don't wavedash, I miss techs and L-Cancles and I fumble a bit... If I improve these things, I believe I could be quite the adversary Jaz.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Rule No. 6# MiC 128's Law of Physics
Explanation: MiC is the Australian admin from Perth, he is like family to us cultist smash players... Don't mess with MiC
1. Lol
2. Cool. I'm flattered.
3.What's with the capatalised C?

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
I hear by speak on behalf of my NSW brothers... NSW Smash is dead.

Time of death 8:27pm, 22 October 2006 :p

For one if you come on this thread sorry I couldn't come to your match Jaz, this weekend I was reminded how much my friends are **** tards, you remember Tyler... yeah I only rang him like 20 times, over half of which he didn't answer. Just irritating cause all my mates are acting like little *****es.

But yeah, theres no doubt in my mind that all Carlos and that... won't suddenly become active after HSC, seriously what sort of excuse is that, theres no way you would waste your time studying 24/7 for like 3-4 months.

Which in return makes the scene suffer so when I think about this Melbourne tournament Im not sure if im willing to dish out the money for it.

ColdIce

Smash Rookie
Oh, sure, I'm prepared to travel to Sydney, just wondering if there was anyone very near me.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately it doesn't look like there are any others your way Cold Ice.

If your interested I can hear another get together being organised if we have a few people.

Sloth

Smash Ace
You guys. Stop sucking! :O
Meh, even if NSW scene has pretty much fallen apart, you should still go the tournament. You'll have heaps of fun ^_^

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know, but I can see it now NSW places last and second last at Melbourne tournament... welll actaully last and the other one with skill went decent.

Would be cool to see Shaz, Gloth and Mark again.

ZEREUL

Smash Apprentice
Yeah told me last weekend, he is still ehaded for Perth. He has been very busy lately. He informed me how his working with his dad... and his dad wants to work him senceless until the end of the year :p Plus his got gridion. But never fear Jaz is more dedicated then I am.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Heads up guys, Imma going to Sydney for NYE parties and also spend some time with my sis, Jaz and Max, it's gonna be a blast! Can't waitsies to pass out on the streets and going crazy!!

Top Bottom