• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NST III (Melee and Brawl) 31st October -1st November

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Is really bad when you try to talk in english but you can't understand the other guy.

For the next tourney with outsiders i will bring a notebook and a pen where i will write all what i want to say. I think it will be easier that way.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
++ Always nice meeting and playing with new people. しろい and Qlex comes to mind.
+ Strawhat's Marth is a monster.
+ One of the few tournaments I've been to that finished "on time".
+ I've never come this far in a tournament (won 2 sets in the bracket, close to 3 =)).

- Information only in spanish if not asked for in person.
- The housing was the dirtiest place I've been to in my whole life. Would've slept on a park bench the last night if it weren't for Pepito's uncle (hotel room).

So far I really liked the tournament. But then comes this:
-- Apparently smoking inside was allowed. Since I'm kind of extra sensitive to cigarette smoke, this pretty much ruined it all for me. I managed to force myself to stay inside and "appear happy", but sometimes I really couldn't breathe at all, especially when someone was blowing it in my face.
I've learned my lesson to not take the "no smoking inside" rule for granted. Won't go to any future tournaments that do not have this rule written down.

Videos:
As I feared, lots of frame drops on sunday ~18:30 - 19:50. I can't really say why, but I want to think it's because people were touching the computer and resizing the preview windows (because then I won't have to fix anything, especially since I'll stop using Virtualdub soon). Also, TV C (farthest from computer) wasn't recording at all for 20mins because I desperately tried to make at least 2 TVs not drop frames while I went out to buy some food.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
++ Always nice meeting and playing with new people. しろい and Qlex comes to mind.
+ Strawhat's Marth is a monster.
+ One of the few tournaments I've been to that finished "on time".
+ I've never come this far in a tournament (won 2 sets in the bracket, close to 3 =)).

- Information only in spanish if not asked for in person.
- The housing was the dirtiest place I've been to in my whole life. Would've slept on a park bench the last night if it weren't for Pepito's uncle (hotel room).

So far I really liked the tournament. But then comes this:
-- Apparently smoking inside was allowed. Since I'm kind of extra sensitive to cigarette smoke, this pretty much ruined it all for me. I managed to force myself to stay inside and "appear happy", but sometimes I really couldn't breathe at all, especially when someone was blowing it in my face.
I've learned my lesson to not take the "no smoking inside" rule for granted. Won't go to any future tournaments that do not have this rule written down.

I also wasn't told about this and I was really mad about it, like I literally told a team I was waiting to play bracket with rydle that they let me know when they have finished smoking so we could play.

I'm sorry about this but I couldn't do anything, I know how it is I hate it myself as well

about the housing, yeah we wanted to clean it but a lot of people said that it was ok how it was <_<

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Already did shoutouts in the spanish forums but I'll leave some here too.

@Kaos: Grats for winning the tournament! I really liked our matches in pools, specially the hilarious one in Delfino. Hope to play you again.

@AJP: Whoa, your Luigi is ****, loved to play it. Also you are awesome for recording so many matches. Next time we'll be sure no one smokes there.

@Qlex: Even though the tournament was disappointing for you, we'd love to see you again in a spanish tournament.

Also, next time foreigners come, I'll offer myself as a translator.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
Qlex!

tu es encore mieux que moi, je ne comprends pas ce que tu dis! tu as très bien joué ce tournoi à mon avis, ne sois pas foutu. ton ganon a laissé une très bonne impression en Espagne, je t'assure.
tout le monde dit: wow, le ganon de Qlex est supérieur! XD

j'espère que tu viendras au prochain SNT malgré tout, et cette fois-là je serais preparé pour te vaincre ;) ;)

AJP:

You were really awesome bringing the recording stuff and your sick Luigi! (I think you should get better with Falco, though, your Falco is really good)

I also thought that smoking being allowed was weird but it didn't affect me that much anyways. Hope to see you again here, and I really hope not many tourney matches were lost D:

edit.
oh and when will the vids be up? I suppose they will come out at your server like usual.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Could you do a torrent file like you did for some recent tournaments ?
I'd be happy to seed as I find it way easier and more efficient to get videos this way.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
As soon as someone finds a way to do one of the following:
a) immediately have all knowledge of who played who in all matches
b) update the torrent with new filenames and automatically send this new torrent to all peers so their filenames will get updated

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
I guess I could recognize my matches. Btw, there was a spanish player (SAIX ¬¬) using the tag "DAHE" in some fights but I think that people will be able to see the difference. I used that tag in some figths too, btw -_-"

I think he only played PAL(not sure, though), so take a look to the stocks (the "heads" are bigger in NTSC)

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
I think I was the only purple Samus, as for the other characters I will have to check the matches. I used the Ken tag in one match, but stopped cuz Dahean kept 4 stocking me :p

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm the only Pink peach i think and i usually use the tags Phyr or Phir

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
ajpanton.se/ssbm/nst3

Small frame drops (<0.5s) here and there maybe once every 2 minutes. I've had the exact same thing happen before, I think it was on SR4. Hope it will get fixed when I ditch Virtualdub and do the graphs manually.

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot to AJP, it's always nice to have more videos in very high quality. Ultimately I have videos of me, so that's a good way to analyse my game. It was also very nice to see you during the tournament, very nice Luigi btw.

Oh and lol @ Shiroiken "WHAT but you're BLUE!"

BRnaT

Smash Rookie
I'm really sorry about the smoke. I promise we'll take care of that next time. No smoking at all.

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Well, first trip to an other country for tournament purposes, and I don't regret it at all.

I personally don't follow Qlex's opinion about the elipsos night trains, I really loved them. And I prefer that than plane or car, because as you're sleeping in the night of the trip, I don't feel like wasting time. Was fun, though the first night was awful, as I wasn't used to sleep with so much noise while being shaken right and left / up and down in my bed.
However, when we went back to France with the same train, we fell asleep in 3 minutes…too tired xD

Well, when we arrived to Barcelona França, we were like yayspain as the Station was beautiful.

Charby lost the plan to go to Arc de Triomf from there, but we managed to find the way thanks to an old lady who agreed to show us the way. :)

We arrived at Sadabell Centre (while meeting random cosplayed people who were heading to Salon del Manga I guess), where we met a lot of Spanish players. So yay, we didn't get lost !

Headed to the venue, meeting some new people / people I met at TSL / people I only knew from the Internet, everything was fine…

The only thing I hated (and really hated) was smoking. I really hate that, especially when smoking people were sitting besides me during a tourneymatch in which I was playing. I was hesitating to pause my match and say gtfo, seriously… -_- But didn't want to create problems.

About my bracket matches, I didn't really have a hard bracket (except Bardo), most of my matches were close, so I was kinda glad with that. I just wondered if I would have be able to win Nexoult's MK if I had kept Ness, as our Ness-Wario matches were very close. o.O
I hoped I could pass the pools at Melee too, but well, looks like I still need to improve.

I was also surprised by the amount of players who were playing Brawl with a classic controller.

I was also glad once again to get closer to the Melee community, NST3 being the third Melee tourney I attended, but the first one in which I really played.

The last night with AJP Anton and two other players was fun (I was the Ness / green Peach player with the gamertag "no u").

Also surprised by NTSC Melee games. o.O

Well, shootouts~

Pepito : You're awesome, dude. Glad you showed your TL though you mostly played MK. Next time we meet, be sure we won't forget the cookies. xD
Also sorry for the confusion when I translated what Leon wanted to tell you after LF. I said he felt you should "calm down", though I he said you should "cool down" because he felt you were too nervous. ^^;

Marc : wtf monday ._. well was a bit my fault too as I didn't react when you told me goodbye on sunday evening. ^^;
And still no time for friendlies D: I hope we'll be able to play outside a crew next time xD

Grew : I must practise against Olimar, yours is very good D: I always get owned by Olimars though I main two character who have a positive matchup against him lol

Joannett88 : You surprised me a lot ! I knew you already from old WiFi but I honestly didn't expect you'd go that far. GG, hope we'll be able to play more next time :)

Veyron : Dude, you were too cool. Too bad we didn't play too. And I saw in the crew you unleashed Yama's faith xD

Rydle : Nice dude and awesome Ike ! Why did you go Dedede in the crew ? You Ike is so **** D:

El Bardo : Must practise against Dedede…he's too hard to kill, especially yours xD and thank you for the pic !

Sotomonte : I wish I could have played you again after pools, I need to practise Snake…and looks like Sakurai was with me on Frigate. ^^;

Miquel : I told you you were awesome. And a good Pika looks so fun to watch :p
You should have gone Pika instead of ICs against Kaos D:

Edu : We didn't play D:

Phyr : Yoshi ? I don't remember you were playing Yoshi xD no more Olimar ?

naT : Un énorme MERCI pour lundi ! Dommage que ton Sonic n'était pas en forme, tes DI m'ont beaucoup surpris ! Et ne sois plus timide avec le français, tu te débrouilles bien avec :p
J'espère qu'on pourra te rendre un aussi grand service si tu reviens en France.

Yama : La foi

Nexoult : So cloooose ! I hope I'll get you next time :p Nice games.

Raw! : Nice to see you again, even though we didn't play. I'd like to play Melee with you :)

Robo_Luigi : I really thought you were German xD I didn't expect to see you here. Nice ROB !

Lion : Awesome dude ! Your difficulties with spoken English reminds me of myself at ESA3, heheh. Don't worry, it will come :) I hope to see you again soon, and I hope we'll go further in teams !

Hikotsu : Hahah, Dsmash is the key against Roy. xD We still haven't played, though.

Joseph : PT is broken ! D: I loved to play against you, I hope we'll be able to play again soon !

NeMo : Very nice Samus, you were the first Samus I ever faced on Melee. I didn't see you playing Brawl, though.

Seton : We only played one match D: I hope we'll play more next time, DK is kinda rare too !

NaZe : You were Lucas, right ? If you want inspiration, try looking up Glarion's videos.

Death_Alex : Nice Lucario, it was nice to meet you. :)

Dahean : Thank you very much for solving Melee seeding problems. You rock !

Over & K-12 : Top !

AJP : You're so cool too, and your Luigi is so fun to watch :)

Hikotsu : Roy Dsmasher xD weren't I supposed to be in your Melee pool ?

M. : My first Peach ditto, it felt so weird. Will practise more !

Well, sorry for people I forgot, I'm not used to write shoutouts. But I kinda felt I had to this time. :)

Can't wait to go back to Spain~*

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
Hi!!! I wanted to give some information:

C-091101-175306-(Sheik)-(Samus)-PS.mp4 Blue Sheik/Green Samus

This match is Over VS Nemo, Winner Quarter Finnals. They played 3 matches (all of them are together in your list, in "Others" page 2 I guess).

C-091101-172059-(Marth)-(Falco)-DL64.mp4

C-091101-172316-(Marth)-(Jiggly)-DL64.mp4

This is me (Strawhat Dahean) VS LDN, Winner Quarter Finnals too.

PS: I will do shoutouts.

L_DeathNote

Smash Cadet
Hi!!! I wanted to give some information:

C-091101-175306-(Sheik)-(Samus)-PS.mp4 Blue Sheik/Green Samus

This match is Over VS Nemo, Winner Quarter Finnals. They played 3 matches (all of them are together in your list, in "Others" page 2 I guess).

C-091101-172059-(Marth)-(Falco)-DL64.mp4

C-091101-172316-(Marth)-(Jiggly)-DL64.mp4

This is me (Strawhat Dahean) VS LDN, Winner Quarter Finnals too.

PS: I will do shoutouts.
Noooooooooo T_T

He ****'s me

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
..... I told people to not use my tag, heres the reason:

B-091101-224300-K12(Falco)-Strawhat(Falco)-BF.mp4 21.5 MiB

B-091101-224926-K12(Falco)-Strawhat(Falco)-YS.mp4 27.7 MiB

B-091101-225455-K12(Falco)-Strawhat(Falco)-FD.mp4

B-091101-230102-Strawhat(Falco)-K12(Falco)-PS.mp4 27.9 MiB
B-091101-230412-Strawhat(Falco)-(Falco)-FoD.mp4 33.9 MiB
B-091101-230728-Strawhat(Falco)-(Falco)-YS.mp4 13.0 MiB
B-091101-230913-Strawhat(Falco)-(CFalcon)-BF.mp4 15.6 MiB
B-091101-231144-Strawhat(Marth)-(Falco)-YS.mp4 29.2 MiB
B-091101-231518-Strawhat(Marth)-(Falco)-FD.mp4 24.7 MiB
B-091101-231802-(Falco)-Strawhat(Marth)-DL64.mp4

Thats not me.

Joseph PT

Smash Rookie
Enjoy brawlers (not spanish people):

1: Kaos: OMG Kaos, stop winning tournies xDDD I loved aaaall our matches. I really tried to defeat you in pools, but its obvious I still need quite a lot of practice against YOUR MK. I had been practising the PT-MK match up a lot during the 2 weeks bejore the NSTIII (lol) and I was defeating all MK I played, all of them, but when I played you in pool... lol I thinked "omfg this MK is different to the others. Not really useful all the hours I spent practising at all" You know, man "CONGRATULATIONS!!" I hope you had a great time in Spain with us, and I hope we meet soon again!

2: Leon: Yesz! Leon you're a beast! We played A LOT the last night, and I enjoyed it so muuuuch! Your Marth is... just amazing! I dont remember how many matches I won against you, but... only a few xD I got powned when you defeated me in loser brackets in Lyon, but this time we played for more than 2 hours I think, and it was great. I learned a lot about the PT - Marth match up! See you soon!

3: Pepito: al fin te veo en persona!! Echamos poquitas freeplays, pero al menos no fueron **** y dejé mi PT con una reputación decente, después de los abusos que me has dado todo este tiempo online... Jajaja Enhorabuena por ese merecido 3º puesto. A ver si nos vemos en persona de nuevo!

7: Bjay: we didn't play a lot, but the matches we played were great. Great Marth, I hope to meet you again and play more matches!! :D

7: Zulu: great Olimar man. I'm glad we could play some matches, I really wanted to play with you too! *_*

17: Charby: your Zamus is amazing. We only played 1 match at 5 a.m. lol You did great, and you won although we both were so tired XDDDD Next time I hope we play more!

17: Yama: omg man I really enjoyed our matches lol! Your Snake is so great! haha You're a cool man and I hope we meet again soon!!

25: Achoral: I loved our matches man. Your Ness is really cool and I liked it a lot. Hope we'll meet again!

Top Bottom