• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcintyreml

Smash Rookie
I'm going with Kirby. I liked him in melee but I just couldn't compete with the Foxes and Falcos. Nice to see he got an upgraded moveset. I was so glad so see his dash attack changed.

perezo

Smash Cadet
I love pikmin, just because there so diverse, also it gets on your brother's nerves... hehehehehe

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
well at first it was Zelda for me... i love how she just buffed up....
then i discovered the zero suit and fell in love... up B spike is so nice...
after that i went to wolf becuz i just wanted to try a space animal and i loved it...
but then i tried Ganon... and got my *** kicked... but after a little playing around
i discovered the beast is back in all of his glory... the new Gravity Volcano Kick thingy is actually
useful and just everything feels right this time around... there is no grater glory than KO'ing someone with the side tilt Spartian kick either.....
on another note why does it say ganondork??? lol in the pole

Jhop

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight is definite4ly going to be top tier when the official tier list comes out

pikachookie

KCCO<3
NNID
pandabbie
Psht, well Link of course. ^-^

I like the feel of his movement, although I still have to adjust just a little more to the slight change in Brawl. I especially love that he has a sword for short-range attacks AND three different projectiles to choose from. Oh, and the claw shot. :D

Hmm... but in Melee I used to alternate between Toon Link and Link; I haven't gotten the chance to complete Subspace Emissary yet, so I haven't been able to try Toon Link. =/

wedgiebee

Smash Rookie
I was choosing beetween Olimar, Lucas, and Falco.. but uh, Olimar's just too cool. And he has a good throw.. i think.

Olimar Kirby makes me laugh.
<(* )

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Sonic all the way. I'm actually not bad with him. At least competitive level from the looks of it.
I can perform most of his AT's unconsciously and I have quite a number of mindgames with him.

I mained Falco in melee, his brawl version makes me facepalm twice over. I really hate the new falco with a passion.

LavianOrlandu

Smash Rookie
I'm one of those Ike fanboys. I used to play fast characters all of the time in Melee and I expected the same in Brawl... that is until I met Ike. There's so much weight behind his attacks and his playstyle relies more on superior tactics and positioning. I enjoy playing Ike.

But, since a lot of people use him as well, I've been branching out and trying a lot of other characters. Ike is my main, but I spread time evenly with Lucas, Link, Sheik/Zelda, Fox, Samus, and Marth.

Cohen

Smash Apprentice
Well its gotta be Marth...cuz it just feels soooo good when you tip someone and kill them at like 70ish (:

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Marth all the way for me.

I used him in Melee, loved his range, speed, and mid-air prowess. But when Brawl came... Shorter range, his shield breaker got massively nerfed, considerably harder to land a tipper. I was happy that his midair attacks improved, and his dancing blade, but it's still difficult to get used to. Currently maining him, but I still need to get used to the new Marth... gonna have to re-think everything.

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
Samus is what I main, but that is almost liable to change.

I also use Marth, Ike, Meta, and Zero Suit, but I have too much background in Samus, I have to play her.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Well, so far, I have two mains, and I really like having two right now. Sadly, I have tried falco many times, since I'm chronically bonded to him (Mr.Lombardi is my username EVERYWHERE), but he's completely different from in melee...I had all these combos with him that worked...all destroyed because his reflecter is weird and his spike is...well...it's bad. Sob.

Lucas and Marth are my new mains now. I've always liked Marth in melee (I didn't like him and falco because of tiers), and in brawl he was very similar. His grabs are quick and great for sheildgrabs, and his counter is pretty cool (I like actually attacking with it by running up to someone, dash cancelling, then shoving the counter in their face since they'll obviously try to hit you).

Lucas is really just a good character. He has very strong attacks, good range for a lot of them...a long grab reach - And I like him as a character, he's just cool.

Jedstwiilite

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I like Pikachu. His speed is a plus for me and his smash attacks are pretty strong. The only thing that I dislike is that they toned down his Up smash in Brawl. :( Oh well, I'm still good.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
So far my favorite character is King Dedede. He just makes me really happy and he isn't bad at all.

The crazy thing is I typically love fast characters. I mained Marth in Melee because I loved how he felt the most. Maybe I got burnt out on him or just have to rediscover him this time, I don't know.

Toon Link is probably my second choice at this point because he has the classical clothes from the first NES game = he's the Link I grew up loving! And his bomb smoke is really cool looking.

phoenix67042

Smash Cadet
So far....leaning towards Lucario..........but i am still in middle of choosing between Ike, Pika, Jiggly, T. Link, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, and Sonic.......and Lucario............god i like 'em all!

reincarN8ed

Smash Rookie
Kirby has always been my main since the first game back in '99. I especially liked him for his Suck and Stone moves and the fact that he could float up to 5 times to recover, but i was young and stupid back then. Now with Brawl, I have mastered all of Kirby's moves. He has some powerful ariel kicks and can suprise a group of opponents with well placed Stone attack. The fact that he can copy his opponent's "B" move is helpful sometimes, but using that enemy as a projectile star to hit enemies is also a good ranged attack. I also love his character design. Simple, small, pink, and he has the most adorable voice ever:laugh:!! Anyway, the puffball from Dreamland is my main, and he always will be!

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Don't be decieved by my snazzy sig. I do love Wolf as a secondary, but my main man is Olimar (unless vs. Pit). He has crazzy range, good combos, good meteor smashes, and a cuteness about him. He has some good air atks too.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
I love Lucas hands down. his down special makes him turn in the direction of any projectiles, his smash attacks are almost all PSI moves which kicks *** compared to ness's, and he dies at high percenbtages depending on who ur fighting..

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
My mains (Meaning that I can play them and not be embarassed by dummy mistakes):
Zelda/Shiek (who I voted for)
Meta Knight
Ike
Pit
Lucario

But... I like to play all of the characters. ^^
But Zelda's Black & White Costume is the best-looking, so she gets my vote.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
For me, its between T.Link, Lucario, Olimar and sonic. I voted T.Link because my records show im best with him. Although i am also good with Lucario and sonic, but i love Olimar's moveset (I was gutted when they announced him on the dojo)

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Im a samus player and wen i looked at Pit on the dojo , i instantly new i'd use since he looks sik and has alot of fighting styles like samus....
he can recover from virtualy anyfin jus like samus and can be wel used wiv melee and range atks so man i cnt wait! Im in the Uk,

Brawl = Preordred

BTW, is ur Brawl F.C code same as ur wii code?

yule4

Smash Rookie
It's a tight pick between Olimar, Pokemon Trainer(PT), and Diddy Kong.. I voted Olimar, and i'll go with him.. only because i have not yet been able to master each of PT's Pokemon, Charizard is giving me a tough time, PM me if you have helpful hints..

Retrorocket

Smash Rookie
I use snake mostly, because of his power, and his side smash. When I play with friends in brawl mode, I use different characters, just for fun.

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Meta Knight!

I've been waiting for MetaKnight ever since I heard about Smash Bros back on N64. Kirby franchise is my Nintendo favorite and MK is my fave Nintendo character. Simple.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Lucas is top for me. Solid smashes, great projectiles, good air attacks. I also love Ness, Marth, Ike, DK and Fox, but Lucas takes it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom