• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Toon link i like him better than my old main link. And he is sooo cool and catches pigs... And Windwaker rules!

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
GanonDORK? Well, that's not very nice, SP ;)

DDD was my choice for a main, and I was not disappointed.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
This was a tough choice, as there are at least six characters I like in this game, alot. But in the end, my loyalty remains with Lucario. He has a couple playstyle facets similar to Mewtwo (who was my fav in Melee), has decent power and speed, and is part of the group I know as "too cool to be just a pokemon."

My other favorites (in no particular order) are as follows:
:ike: :sonic: :metaknight: :olimar: :toonlink:

But :lucario: all the way!

Polish Rifle

Smash Cadet
I started out the search for my main by narrowing it down to 4 characters after playing the game all Spring Break.

-Fox
-Lucario
-Meta Knight
-Sonic

I've always liked Fox but I had trouble connecting with his aerial attacks. I couldn't stand how Lucario has to take damage before he starts being relaively effective. I enjoyed the speed of Sonic but lack of finishers. I realize Meta Knight has the same problem but I loved how you have mid-air battles and guard the edge by flying around it and always getting back up. He has speed not only in dashing but in the execution of his moves. Plus, he looks sweet!

Winner: Meta Knight

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I am only voting for Wolf since, even though I like Ike and he is my other main, I have been playing wolf alot with my friends.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Snake. His Down-B is perfect for either starting or finishing a combo and the missle launcer is good for sending people flying. My only complaint would be that his side-A takes a while to start.

My second would be Pit because... well, c'mon. He's an angel.

H0lic

Smash Rookie
Before the game even came out, I was sure that wolf was gonna be my main. But now after I have tried everyone, I like ROB the most.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is my definite main, I just love his style and I definitely like the character as well. I always wanted to play as a Wolf/Human hybrid and since Wolf fits the bill nicely I choose him. He's not terribly fast but with his blaster, smashes and b moves I can cope.

My secondary's are Sonic, Caption Falcon, Toon Link, Gannondorf, Snake, Ike and Bowser.

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Wario!
Other than loving loving the character itself, I realky love his moves. He's got really powerful smash attacks and I've learned to use his unusual special moves very strategically. Plus he's just fun to use, and has great taunts. I'm also really glad he has his classic overalls, too.

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I'm really liking Wolf. I think he's fun to play, and he fits my style pretty well.

Ganondorf, Lucario, PKMN Trainer, and R.O.B. are usually in my rotation, though.

Malch

Smash Cadet
Wario!
Other than loving loving the character itself, I realky love his moves. He's got really powerful smash attacks and I've learned to use his unusual special moves very strategically. Plus he's just fun to use, and has great taunts. I'm also really glad he has his classic overalls, too.
"OMG! A party ball! Break it! Break it! I can't wait to see whats―oh."

Gotta love how he eats everything.:laugh:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I main King Dedede, Metaknight, Zelda, Pit, and Bowser. It was a close call between Bowser and Pit.
I mained Bowser because I mained him in melee, and I'm a Bowser fan. He's a Tank, and I love sheer power, and Bowser gots that. I believe Bowser is my favorite in the Nintendo series, and I love the fact that he breathes fire. His name itself makes him cool. Plus his Golden Costume is an Epic win. It's also fun to do the Bowsercides. The Giga Bowser final smash just makes him better. His battle themes are always Epic to me, such as the Mario Galaxy one.

Then I mained Pit because he's versatile with the moves he has, including Projectiles that you can curve, 2 reflectors which 1 can do damage and reflect at the same time, an excellent recovery, and close-range combat. He's pretty fast too. In addition to that, his gliding proves useful in many situations. All of this has helped me against annoying Projectile spammers (mostly Fox and Samus) especially the Mirror shield. His Final Smash reminds me of a Commander giving orders to his troops, which is just my style. His Golden Costume is in my favor as well. He's such a angel to me ^^

As the final Result, I vote for Bowser because I've been with him more than I've been with Pit. Plus, I want to show the world that It's not always about speed characters, and Bowser's Tank-like Power/Armor will be the messenger of death. Gimpyfish's Bowser was a perfect example of a Brutal Bowser, and I will follow in his footsteps.

Phade

Smash Rookie
What's with the sudden surge of Pit players? I looked at this poll yesterday and Pit was at like 24.

80? Little disturbing....

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Snake is first because the MGS franchise is one of my favorite franchises off all tiime. I also like his large wealth of powerful projectiles and his crouch. Sorry laser spammers.

Yoshi is second because I am still faithful to the green dinosaur.

Toon Link is third because he jumps high and has a great aerial game to combo and juggle people.

I'm still freelancing to find 2 more characters I like. I'm leaning towards Lucas and Wario, but it may be different.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I'm pretty good with all human female characters, but Samus/Zero Suit Samus is my main. However, there sure are a lot of Pit lovers up in that poll.

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
Was, still is and always will be Fox jus because. Seems like alot of people love the annoying voiced angel.

[PU] Poison

Smash Rookie
I have been practicing with D^3, so I can say he's my main atm. However, I've always loved Samus and she'll be my favorite no matter what.

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
Mine is Meta Knight. I've always been a fan of "fast" characters in any fighting game, and between Meta Knight and Sonic, Meta Knight's attacks are faster and look more sweet.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
It's all about Lucas for me. Between having a tether, the ability to Zap-Jump and B-stick, and beastly aerials and specials, he's a pretty cool little dude.

Lucario and Snake are close secondary choices though.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I choose meta knight, not for any gameplay/tires reason, but because i'm a f*ckin' meta-fanboy.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Me and my brother are maining Luigi, Peach, Wario, and Diddy.
I voted Wario because he's who I'm currently trying to perfect.

Luigi -- always been my favorite Nintendo character; even when I was a kid.
Peach -- always been my brother's favorite Nintendo character; even when he was a kid.
Wario -- new main. He's awesome, and a blast to play as. I'll laugh when he gets listed as "bottom-tier".
Diddy -- my brother's new main. Always loved the little guy.

And I'd main Dixie in a heartbeat, if she somehow became obtainable.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Lol, yeah I noticed Ganondork.

Anyway, I voted for Sonic the last time (before the game was out in the USA), and since I live in the EU I can't really say for sure now, but I'm sure it'll be either Sonic or Diddy.

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Still Jigglypuff--I use her more than any other, even though I'm really good at all with her in Brawl yet.

Still, I have to say that "Who's The Better Bro Now" Luigi, "LOL What Down Special" Zelda, "More Like N64" Kirby, and "That's MISTER" Game & Watch are all right up there too. Wolf would be also, except that Wolf's so powerful in everything except recovery that I haven't been able to avoid feeling like I'm being cheap every time I use him.

MIRN

Smash Cadet
My main character is Toon Link.

Throughout all of Melee, I essentially dual-mained Link and Young Link. The problem with Brawl is that I feel Link is even worse than he was in Melee, and that Toon Link is a character that I can finally take advantage of the playstyle I had always envisioned for a hero of Hyrule. So, I will probably only play (big) Link very occasionally.

My hardest decision is actually regarding alternate characters. Definitely Mr. Game & Watch is the secondary, but beyond that, the door is still open. I am a long time Pikachu player, but my dear Pika almost feels too cheap in Brawl. I have been toying with Pit and R>OB> but not sure if I like them yet. In all honesty, I think I just may try to master Zelda as a very strong secondary option, in addition to G&W.

As a long-time Link player, I am a bit apprehensive that he is on the way to being an overused character. I'm not sure if he will get there though...he certainly has his weaknesses, even if others have not realized them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom