• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
Obviously Sonic for me...the results so far are actually interesting, I've been seeing a lot of Ike's online but no one I know personally actually uses him.

pbjelly

Smash Rookie
I'll have to go with Pit. The way he can steal ko's near the edge is just formidible! Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Exovel

Smash Ace
I picked Luigi, my main from Melee. Lucas and Pit still have a chance though. I also need to look into my old 64 main, Link. Who knows what I'll do?

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Ike for me. He's has great range which I think is one of the most important factors in any fighting game. Approach with quick draw, then pull out an u-tilt full a quick surprising combo. Can finish it easily with Aether at certain percentages.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
I like Link and his Bag o Tricks (arrows, bombs, Boomerang, Hookshot), however he is too slow for the style I like to play. That makes Toon Link the choice for me. His up smash and down smash is straight out of his moveset from Zelda II, including the double hit on the down smash. brings back memories.

BerserkerX

Smash Rookie
I started to main Sonic at first, but i kept on getting destroyed by characters with swords. So then i switched to PT to see if that made a difference, and the diversity he has is awesome.

Flake

Smash Cadet
normally use meta knight, but i'm looking at ike now too
also use toon link, pit, falco, and wolf a bit

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Not sure who I will main just yet! Currently I'm having the most fun with Dedede, but I like Olimar a lot too. For fun casual matches I like the bruisers-- Ganon, DK and Bowser, in that order. When I'm not playing any of those guys I sometimes pick up Diddy, but I'm starting to him less.

captainduh

Smash Rookie
I voted for Meta Knight because his name sounds like Mennonite. I was going to have his taunts be things like "REJECT TECHNOLOGY" but the words don't fit right and no one would get it anyway. My second would be Peach (one of my mains in Melee), followed closely by Kirby.

RedLink555

Smash Cadet
Diddy Kong. He's fun and can combo in a game where few characters can. I started as Link but he's just so terrible compared to his Melee counterpart that I had to let him go. I think it's fascinating how divided the poll is. It seems like all the characters are almost evenly chosen.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
I'm really good against others with Metaknight.

But that's a hard decision. My other mains are Luigi, Ike, Toon Link, Olimar, Marth, Sonic, Samus and Wolf.
Yes..I have many mains.

=S-A=

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
After Link was my main in Melee for all eternity, I figured he would be for Brawl as well. I was using the new characters, and I liked some of them, but Link was still the man.

Then I unlocked ROB, and everything changed. Just the pure fact I have always wanted to own a ROB made me want to try and use him. Well I started to and very quickly I began improving with him.

Then I tried him on my two buddies who for the most part whipped my butt in Melee. ROB destroyed them in what has been my most convincing win over them ever. From that point on realized that I think ROB is now my main.

ROB is a ton of fun to use and I was extremely happy he was put in the game. Link is still my second, but ROB is now the man... or, I should say the main.

Agent 47

Smash Apprentice
i'm just gonna say that i had a lot of preconceived notions about brawl and thought that i would keep Mario (well Doc. Mario) as my main from melee. i was also bummed out when i heard that the new chars i wanted didn't make the final roster of chars so that was a huge disappointment, but they can't satisfy everyone right? oh well. i use a handful of the new chars and chars that b4, i would've never thought of usin' and i got to say that my favorite by far is Ike. i've played many of the fire emblem games and always get interested in the story and gameplay. Ike has unshakable might and his one-hand wielding of a two-handed sword proves it, not to mention the fact that he can knock pretty much anyone off the screen at low percentages.

AK42_METAKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
Metaknight is my favorite by far and will likely stay that way. i love his amazingly fast attacks and insane comboing ability and his superb aerial game. i love aerial fighting and knew i wanted to main him cuz the air fights last 3-4 times as long with all his jumps and air sustaining specials.

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
Falco was initially my main (he was my main in melee) but after I realized he isn't as good as he used to be I ended up with Metaknight.

SmashMan Marth

Smash Rookie
Falco also used to be my main in Melee, but I knew nothing about SMB back then. I always thought that Marth was plain and boring and that he was just a crappy version of Roy (who i thought was really cool), but now in Brawl i noticed his true potential (short hop double f-airs especially :p). So now I'm happily maining Marth :). Oh and Olimar's following close behind, I mean beating people down with pikmin is pretty awsome :chuckle:

The_Subhuman

Smash Rookie
I chose King Dedede cause DAT ***** PWNSORZ.

No but seriously his grab game+tilts+air game+waddle dees= <3

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
Where's the love for Fox? 20 votes?! I'm sticking with my Melee main; he's just my type- powerful and fast. Maybe nerfed a bit, but he still has a ton more potential with his still killer moveset.

My favorite new character not based on playability but more on who I like is probably either Sonic or Olimar.

randypanda

Smash Cadet
I'd have to say Lucario, because I like the way he plays and anything that can look like a panda automatically pwns. I also like Toon Link and Pokemon Trainer.

Davimert

Smash Rookie
It has got to be Marth, got used to him in Melee and I really like him now in Brawl ^__^

Lyris

Smash Rookie
I used to be a Samus fanatic but now that I think about it they seriously downgraded her so I had to adjust to it. That failed horribly so i moved on to zelda who after recieveing traning from a friend Kyou I realised was easy to master

Dente_cky

Smash Rookie
my main is wolf i like ike and lucas too tho. i think wolf is better than the other starfox characters because of his side B and his reflector speeds up the projectile. he also has huge range with his side smash.

Algid

Smash Rookie
olimar is my main because he has crazy fast smashes and a great grab range, along with a very solid air game.

bigest problem to overcome tho is the gimping on the recovery if the opponent edgeguards, and i'm working on how to overcome this

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is my main and best character. He is just awesome, and its fun pwning other players with a little boy, lol
Olimar is my second best, he's just awesome, and meta knight is my third best, but everyone uses him, so its no fun.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
From the moment Pit was announced, I decided to main him. Same counts for Pokemon Trainer and Diddy. Now that I used these 3 often enough, I decided to stick with Diddy. Trainer is good, but not good enough compared to other chars. Pit is very good, but too lame, like kirby in ssb for example. Diddy is fun to play with, and still good, so I voted Diddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom