• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

berserker515

Smash Cadet
pokemon trainer. squirtle is cute, ivy is fun and zard is just badass. also i just love pokemon. bowser was my second choice (shoulda went with him since he got no love)

Ilex

Smash Ace
Wow, 18% main as SBB characters, 15% as SSBM characters, and 66% as Brawl characters. Maybe it's because they're new and exciting, or maybe they are just more appealing characters.

Pugwash

Smash Rookie
Peach has been my main since I first played Melee!
Secondary would probably be Snake I guess.....or Ike at a push

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
ya it was a rly hard pick. Bu i have the really big urge to be original with the main i pick.. I tried Fox and nearly cried because of his nerf. (yo i got a lot of respect for ppl that still use him) so i stuck to my second main.. you rdy?

THE ICE CLIMBERS!!!!

Sonork

Smash Cadet
Although I'm enjoying Wolf and Mr. Game and Watch, I still find Bowser the most fun to play of all the characters. Not to say hes easy to win with but deffinately the most fun for me.

AJ-Lo

Smash Cadet
I chose Zelda [pure zelda. I don't use shiek] for this one. I mained Yoshi back in melee, and I still use it in Brawl but for some reason in brawl, I have less control over Yoshi's egg toss when in Melee I could control it like a pro... I dunno why.

Personally, I love Wolf and I tried to main him but uh... I SUCK with Wolf!

Mizar

Smash Ace
I can't decide yet. I think I can when I fully tried every character. Although I use Captain Falcon alot, and Sonic too. My vote goes to Falcon. PAUNCH for the win.

Flax

Smash Rookie
Pikachu because the rodent's adorable. (And his attacks are just plain fun to use.) I mained Yoshi for the first two games, but can't bring myself to use him in this one. Wouldn't say its the nerfs, buffs, etc; just seems there's a different... feel about him that I dislike. I dunno. *Hugs the Dino* Don't worry, it isn't you... it's me.

The Wii Guy

Smash Rookie
Pit
His arrows have unlimited range
It's almost impossible to knock him off the course because he can fly back up
He has great combo moves
great character

LucarioPAX

Smash Cadet
I was a lucario user from the start.

Except wait... he was a secret...

Before I unlocked lucario, i was a pit spammer, (Not arrows, angel ring!)

but now im a die hard black and white lucario user, I enjoy him because of his ability to crush noobs with evasion, and his stong basic attacks. I also think he looks cool.

Veral42

Smash Rookie
Marth, of course (who else am I gunna tipper with :confused:).

On a serious note though, I mained Marth in Melee (seconding Shiek and Falcon). So naturally my first instinct in Brawl was UNLOCK MARTH NOW!!! Once I unlocked him I found that some things had changed and I then spent a bit of time getting to know the new Marth better.

Long story short (I don't want to bore anyone here... I'll do that later on in a different topic), I liked the feel of the new Marth, so I'm maining him. As seconds... I haven't given it a whole lot of serious thought. Potentials at the moment include Sonic, Snake, Shiek, Lucario, Bowser, R.O.B., or Meta Knight.

AndWii

Smash Rookie
I chose Wario, as a huge fan how can i not!!! atomic fart, his bike, his minicle laugh its pure gold. WHA HA HA

link and king dedede was not far away :)

Bigtimefreak

Smash Rookie
1. Wolf
2. Falco. He hits hard and fast, and his reflector is really good for keeping people off of ledges effectively.
3. Ness or Lucas (Really don't care which. Lucas for awesome smash attacks, Ness for juggling people with PK Thunder :p)
4. Either CF, Diddy, or R.O.B. I don't really know.
5. Random is your friend... Unless you get DK.

nukethemall73

Smash Cadet
ask me before i got the game, and i wouldve been all over sonic, but tbh, he sucks, i still second him, but toon link is just mental with all his projectiles and SHDA wall and back air combos... hes well blatently gonna end up top tier...

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Zelda was my main in melee and continues as my main in brawl. I was initially very disappointed when I began playing zelda in brawl because of her inability to spam kicks as efficiently, but after getting more accustomed to the changes that were made I've gone back to idolizing her. XD

Why Zelda owns---

-Her kick is still good, just a little different (21% dmg!)
-Her d-air now has similar "kick" physics
-Farore's wind has been significantly upgraded to ACTUALLY deal damage when you come into contact with an opponent
-Din's Fire has a hitbox the size of an atom bomb explosion and inflicts good damage

To summarize...
Zelda FTW!

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
I don't really have a main. I use Kirby, Ness, Pikachu, Ness, Lucas and Mario.

However, I voted for Ness since I use him the most.

Jamizoid

Smash Rookie
Zelda's my go-to girl. She was in Melee, she is in Brawl. My secondary characters are Pit, Ike, and Zamus. :D

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Ness was, is, and always will be my favorite. What other character can take on the embodiment of evil itself and live?
Plus, he's very fun for me to use.

My other mains include the other guys in my sig, and I sometimes play as ZSS, Ice Climbers, and Toon Link.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Of the 14 (15 with ZSS) in my sig, I can't decide who to pick out of, like, 4-6.

Luigi
Lucas
R.O.B.
Wolf
Olimar

I'm really good with all of them, but I can't decide...but it'll probably be Lucas or Luigi because they're my best.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely love Metaknight's playstyle. He is fast, has multiple jumps, and has useful specials. Dimensional cape is awesome. Too bad he lacks killing moves.

Tied with Metaknight for my favorite new character is Pokemon Trainer, although I'm not as good with him. The sheer variety that the three pokemon bring to the table can through an opponent off guard.

And if you couldn't tell from my sig, Yoshi is my favorite returning character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom