• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

November 30th YAY OMNI IS BETTER! Tourney - Auburn Hills, MI

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
alright, sounds good. check back for updates. i'm gunna call the place later on, cancel tm's, and see if the 30ths good.

some places close all week for t-giving, hopefully not this place

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
ill come if its on the 30th

Come on we got like a week lets get some people goin to this! hype hype

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
you should call this yay omni is better tournaments.

i can host again if you guys want, seeing how i have a laptop and live 2 mins away from there.....

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
you should call this yay omni is better tournaments.

i can host again if you guys want, seeing how i have a laptop and live 2 mins away from there.....
i'll change it now

and if you want, it doesn't matter. we gotta laptop from a friend, and the thing is, if we tell our friends that WE'RE running it, we're likely to get at least 1 more of our scrub cast to go

Make It The 29th

i would, but the place is picky about days. He gets a lot of business on saturdays, and the place isn't all that big.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
it starts @ 2 is done by 5 and your home by 7 at the latest, whats the big deal about sunday?

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
I have church. Go at 12:00 get out at 1:30. Gotta go home to change. Make the 20 minute drive home than take 5 minutes to change. 45 minutes out to the tourney I'm a bit too late. :(

nojoes

Smash Ace
Negotiate with venue owners who take out of the pot. My venue did the same thing, i convinced them $5 venue fee would be better, people don't come when money is taken out of the pot, make a good well run tournament with no money taken out of the pot and people will come, they get their profit from the venue fee. I just got my venue around $300 yesterday and in turn they're happy and they even agree to give me OoS bonus' for next tournaments.

however if they have good business as far as people using the venue for saturday tournaments and you don't have a large pool of smashers to pull from (30+, which NE ohio has but I'm not sure if around auburn if there is that many) all that was previously said is kind of useless, but for the most part they want money, convince them you could be a good source of money with a good sized tournament with a $5 venue fee and they'll give you some freedom.

Sundays = terribad turnouts.

bad sentence construction and grammar due to no sleep ftw, hope that made an inkling of sense.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I have church. Go at 12:00 get out at 1:30. Gotta go home to change. Make the 20 minute drive home than take 5 minutes to change. 45 minutes out to the tourney I'm a bit too late. :(
So what time would you show up? i mean, if you're only half am hour late that won't be a problem

Negotiate with venue owners who take out of the pot. My venue did the same thing, i convinced them $5 venue fee would be better, people don't come when money is taken out of the pot, make a good well run tournament with no money taken out of the pot and people will come, they get their profit from the venue fee. I just got my venue around $300 yesterday and in turn they're happy and they even agree to give me OoS bonus' for next tournaments.

however if they have good business as far as people using the venue for saturday tournaments and you don't have a large pool of smashers to pull from (30+, which NE ohio has but I'm not sure if around auburn if there is that many) all that was previously said is kind of useless, but for the most part they want money, convince them you could be a good source of money with a good sized tournament with a $5 venue fee and they'll give you some freedom.

Sundays = terribad turnouts.

bad sentence construction and grammar due to no sleep ftw, hope that made an inkling of sense.
I've tried to, as have countless others. they refuse to change it. i'm gunna talk to the manager next time i get the chance, and maybe i can convince him otherwise. But its been tried and nothings happened so far. i might call the place tm, see if i can get this changed to saturday instead.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
we can delay for 1 hour tops. im acting as host but im in no condition to host.

ill make the calls on time just let me know.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
it occured to me sometime when i was just sleeping that GLL is on a schedule with their tourneys, they can;t have another smash one til over xmas break. so it stays sunday. maybe me/omni can set something up for then.

and omni, you wanna call the place for me and make sure this sundays ok? i left a message at the place but never got a confirmation

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Someone mentioned to me at a Toronto tourney on Saturday that I should start going to MI tourneys since I live in Windsor and it's so close, and it's a good idea so I came by this thread. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this because of finals but I wanted to point out that Lylat Cruise isn't listed anywhere in your stage list :p

Anyway, yeah I'll probably start coming out to MI tourneys once finals are over with.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
sorry for the dub, but yeah.

good news: i made friends with a kid (plays smash, has a crew interested in attending tournies) who knows the owner of GLL. We may be able to make something of that place yet.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
sorry for the dub, but yeah.

good news: i made friends with a kid (plays smash, has a crew interested in attending tournies) who knows the owner of GLL. We may be able to make something of that place yet.
Idk gll is like a lost cause.... but good luck.

He has a crew? I declare a crew battle.

btw did you guys go to the doubles at gll?

nojoes

Smash Ace
they refuse to change it. i'm gunna talk to the manager next time i get the chance, and maybe i can convince him otherwise. But its been tried and nothings happened so far. i might call the place tm, see if i can get this changed to saturday instead.
two words.

baseball bat.

problem solved.

=D

Top Bottom