• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
It's worth it. Alderney Landing is in Dartmouth, which isn't far from Halifax at all. 10-20 minutes from my place.

You could ask someone for housing for Friday Night, otherwise you'd have to leave at 7am to get there for registration at 11.

Just ask around the facebook group, they have all the info.

BTW Lythium, I'm going this weekend. :D

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Hm, yeah...no one would want to get up that early to pick me up to take me there... I guess if it ever turned out I didn't have enough to pay whatever entry fee, no one else could cover the rest, huh? In which case, I'd have gone for nothing and would have nothing to do for a while until I can get taken back to Whale Cove later on... >_<

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
We'd definitely have TVs set up for friendlies before and later on during the tournament when people are knocked out. Maybe not though. The entry fee should be decided before Friday though, so don't worry :)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Darn. >.> How often is there a tournament hosted at Halifax or Dartmouth, would you say? In case I can't make it to this one, which it is looking doubtful...I hope it isn't too long until there is another one to have more time to try get a ride to. :p

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm fairly certain that there is going to be one in June. Do you have Facebook? You could join the group Super Smash Bros. Halifax for all updates.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I have already joined it, but that place is at least a 3 and a half hour drive from where I live, no one would ever come that far out of the way to pick me up so I could be taken to a Brawl Tournament... >_< It starting to seem pretty hopeless that I will ever be able to go to one... >_>'

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have any friends, just family and relatives, and can't think of any relatives there, and besides, it'd be better if it were someone closer to where I live at least so it wouldn't be such a pain to come and pick me up to take me to it, I don't even have anyone to train with to properly increase my overall skill. >_>

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Guess your stuck with wifi for another month until the June tournament. It's not bad if you play with someone nearby though, so just get some FCs from the facebook group and hit them up for friendlies :)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* That's out the window too...a little while back, month or month and a half maybe, my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector got busted, it is completely unresponsive now, so I can't connect my Wii to the Internet for a while longer. >_<

I'm asking for a Linksys Wireless Router for my birthday though, which is...almost 3 and a half months away... >.>'

I'll just have to wait things out, and try see about some arrangement to get to Halifax next month near or on the day the next Tournament is going to be.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, right now I am really stuck to facing more CPUs, which I have faced literally thousands of already, I do have 13 minutes short of 880 hours of power time on it after all. O.o

Who here has an SD Card for their Wii to be able to put Vault data on? For those who do, I can put up some of the .bin files of some replays of mine to show off my skills a little bit...of course, against CPUs... >_>

Edit: Can't remember how to get them so I can post the actual files in this post. <.<' Anyone know? I've done it before, but it's been a long time, I haven't had to do it for a long time, I was able to just send them to people by adding each other's Brawl FC and Wii Number, at least starting a Brawl, then sending stuff straight from the Vault... <_<

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
No need to put yourself down, they seemed to fail me for this event, it seems, so I wouldn't go too far... XD J/k! :p

I don't go holding any grudges over such petty things, there will be other tournaments. Would you say there is usually a tournament most months, or not that often...? >.>

Btw, again, does anyone here know how to make Brawl Replay files so they can be posted in a thread like this? I seriously need people to see my replays, so they know what they are leaving behind every time I don't get to a tournament. XP

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
No need to put yourself down, they seemed to fail me for this event, it seems, so I wouldn't go too far... XD J/k! :p

I don't go holding any grudges over such petty things, there will be other tournaments. Would you say there is usually a tournament most months, or not that often...? >.>

Btw, again, does anyone here know how to make Brawl Replay files so they can be posted in a thread like this? I seriously need people to see my replays, so they know what they are leaving behind every time I don't get to a tournament. XP
how exactly did we fail you? because noone wants to go pick you up? i don't understand.

replay data is just data, not actual video that is saved. the file stores all button inputs only so it can not be converted into a video file. the only way to show your work is to make a video recording or by sending the file to someone else's wii.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I said j/k (just kidding/joking). <.< But I downloaded a bin file of a replay in the past, there must be some way to do it. I can't connect my Wii to the Internet for a while longer yet, so I can't send replays that way, sadly. =(

Don't take me so seriously, okay? I appreciate the info and suggestions for how I could get to it, I'm just bummed out I never came close to getting a way to get there without spending almost $100 ($85 for the bus, and the $5 entry fee...). >_>

Don't sweat it guys, I was unprepared for it anyways, I shall train more, maybe I can get my brother to play against me some, but probably not, he's not into it all that much, just enjoys it some, he enjoys using Solid Snake. Lol

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Unless you make some serious moneyz, or find a way to get a ride over here next time, chances look dim. But keep your head up and work hard, you'll find a way.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Mhm, I can't drive an extra 8 hours. it normally only takes my parents 4 hours for a tourney like that. They'd just be like, No Dice.

I thought the Kings transit was a lot cheaper than that?

Edit: oh, and I'm probably the closest to wolfville. I'm 15 min the other side of windsor.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
It's understandable, it is too much to ask, way too much. Anyone in Halifax would have to drive an extra 16 hours, it's completely unreasonable, I just hoped there would be someone closer that was going...

Is there any online Brawl Tournaments that have good prize money in them? If I get that High Speed Internet Connection, then after I get a Linksys Wireless Router for my birthday I should be able to participate in them. :D

That might be as close as I come to going to a tournament, unless I ever wi n some good money so I could have money to travel to a tournament in Halifax or Dartmouth sometime, who knows. ^_^ Maybe I'll have made a bit of a name for myself by then, by an above average skill leveled smasher, I'm dedicated enough, I think. XD

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
How many of you here can say you've played smash bros. games for well over 2000 hours? >_> I have done that, almost 900 of those hours in Brawl alone.

Well over 1100 hours in Melee, and though I can't remember, I know I played SSB for N64 like crazy, it was the start of this whole addictive series. XP

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
That's...a lot. I've put in 200 hours of Brawl at the most and I'd say I play waaay more than anyone else in Halifax...well, I did.

SK92 said he put 1000 hours into Brawl in the summer and he's legit now.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
I have over 2000 hours in Melee. I've never owned Brawl tho, i only have played a bit. But its all the same.

Sup guys? so uh, my plans have changed. its not looking good for my return this summer. I'm kinda bummed about it, but I gotta do what i gotta do. At my work i have dental benefits, i get 80% coverage up to 2,000$. and i went to the dentist on Thursday and have appointment setup for Augest sometime to get my wisdom teeth out, yikes. so i have to take care of that before i even consider going back home.

I'm gonna look at getting a Wii and Brawl, if i can budget it. Then i'l be able to play you guys at least.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I have over 2000 hours in Melee. I've never owned Brawl tho, i only have played a bit. But its all the same.

Sup guys? so uh, my plans have changed. its not looking good for my return this summer. I'm kinda bummed about it, but I gotta do what i gotta do. At my work i have dental benefits, i get 80% coverage up to 2,000$. and i went to the dentist on Thursday and have appointment setup for Augest sometime to get my wisdom teeth out, yikes. so i have to take care of that before i even consider going back home.

I'm gonna look at getting a Wii and Brawl, if i can budget it. Then i'l be able to play you guys at least.
That's a shame. I was looking forward to playing you, especially in Melee. Hit me up when you get your wii and we can wifi friendly it :)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've got a few questions for the smasher closest to me, which unfortunately is still a bit too far off to drive to for having some Brawls with in person. :p

@ Syko_Lemming

1: Do you have a High Speed Internet Connection? If so, then once I get myself that Linksys Wireless Router, we may be able to have some not too laggy Brawls, between the fair Internet Connections, and being not very far away.

And on that note... 2: Do you have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector or Wireless Router so your Wii can connect to the Internet? I have the earlier mentioned, but it is ruined, as you know, so I currently can't do any online activities with the Wii whatever for a while...

3: Who are your 5 most used characters/mains? >.>

I have several mains, so be ready for any of them. They are, in order: Charizard, Lucario, Fox, Marth, Wolf, and Ike (though Marth has pretty much replaced him as my swordsman, I really don't use Ike too much now, but I still do some).

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Zhao, yeah im not very happy about it. Id be more of a challenge in Melee than i would in Brawl right now. I must say tho, Lucario is way better than any character in Melee. I love playing Lucario. In Melee, im good with Falco, Dr. Mario, IC, Peach, and Link. You say your going to Ontario? When is that? and what part of ON?

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I added you, Zhao, and Syko_Lemming to my contacts on MSN, I hope you will do the same, I would love to face a Lucario mainer sometime, Lucario is my 2nd main, Charizard being the only one I use more.

I used to live in Ontario...I'd love to move back there, but that's gonna be kinda tough... >_>

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Zhao, yeah im not very happy about it. Id be more of a challenge in Melee than i would in Brawl right now. I must say tho, Lucario is way better than any character in Melee. I love playing Lucario. In Melee, im good with Falco, Dr. Mario, IC, Peach, and Link. You say your going to Ontario? When is that? and what part of ON?
Yeah, Lucario is pretty slick. I never play any of 'em though. I used to when brawl first came out but then people switched chars.

I'm going to St.Catherine's for the Final Only in Niagara around early July. The tournament is July 3rd-5th so I might try to get there a few days earlier to settle in, warm up or whatever :)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
As far as working at getting better at Brawl, I'm currently working on getting good at landing Marth's attacks with the tip of his sword. XP

That, and making sure my spiking skills and skill in general when using Charizard doesn't become lost, resulting in me becoming rusty when using the character, which I don't want to ever let that happen. D:

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
2000 hours? That is a lot.

I've played over 1600 hours in melee, last time I checked, and then maybe 100 hours into brawl, if that much.

I use some sort of wireless router and a high speed connection. I have a pretty good connection to people in halifax, not too much lag, but it's still there of course.

How do you main charizard without the other two pokemanz?

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Patience. XD Well, I think Charizard is just that good, he's still very good after growing weaker from Brawling for almost two minutes without getting KO'd, and he still is hard to knock off the screen, being a nice big heavyweight.

And tbh, I am alright with Ivysaur, so I use him some too, but almost exclusively I use Charizard, and I avoid using Squirtle at all... >.>

It didn't really take me all that long to get decent at using Charizard, he has a lot of potential, and can be used different ways, but I got a lot better with him as I used him more, particularly my spiking skills, I've realized the full potential of his Dair, which is pretty nice, no matter where you hit the opponent, it'll spike them straight down with excellent knock back (or in this case, down. XP). ^.^

Right now, my Wii has been freezing after playing Brawl for little more than 10 minutes, it's been like this for days, and I have even had the Wii unplugged when I wasn't playing it, and I haven't been playing it with codes on...lately. :p

Think I could replace my Wii's Disc reader with one that is made to handle reading Dual Layer discs with ease? If so, how do I go about replacing it, and where would I be able to buy one? I don't like the idea of having to take my Wii apart at all, but I'm afraid that's what I'd have to do to get at it, right? XP

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
plus it's super effective against fire types
remind me to edit this post later for extreme nerdiness reason, lol.

so i think june 20th we might have a tourney. can u gentle folk make it?

Top Bottom