• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
can anyone give me a ride from Silver Spring to here? apparently the metro lines are gonna be ****ed

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
FEBRUARY 25TH TOURNAMENT

I don't currently have the resources to deal with this sort of crowd and things aren't falling into place. I'll host some other time.

Omni

BRoomer
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Next time just make a cap or something, dude.

On more important notice, who wants to have a smashfest on Saturday instead? Just name the time and place and I'll be there.

Out of no where Chu Bi-weekly mayyyyyyybe?

Edit: Man, this **** was turning out to be real hype. That's really, really lame.

hova

Smash Champion
in all seriousness, good **** handling this now instead of running a super crappy tournament that everyone would have hated

also, just like cap it. let richmond and Nova come thru. MD people can hit up CP or Umbc or even my place

it's ghey, but if MD doesn't show up you can still probably run it and we'll just do our own awesome thing

Bones0

Smash Legend
Good **** for trying, Sypher. Certainly can't expect you to host under those circumstances, though I'm sure most people would be fine if you just capped the event to SoVa and people who live nearby (i.e. not me lol).

What about that Xanadu place? Any of you old schoolers able to pull some strings? lol

Omni

BRoomer
Xanadu runs monthlies and weeklies for Saturday. Doubt it would be open.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Tourney at Crimson's. Let's GOOOOOO!

It doesn't matter if you're in CA. I'm sure your parents won't mind if we all just showed up. :troll:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think we should all just go to umbc. the commons gameroom is pretty much always open.... at the worst we can just fest but honestly i think we could run a decent sized tourney there ez pz.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Heh. I can host a few at my place for some Brawl. But non of you play that, so...yeah. I'm 'bout ready to go back to Pittsburgh to get some games in.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Can Chu's place hold 40 people? >______>
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3702

and here are the results for doubles at another bi-weekly.

5 Snickers Bar
5 PC + Omni
7 Boss + Slikvik
7 The Scouts
9 Lukky + Thumbs
9 Mild + Kirbstir
9 Honor
9 Candy + Esoj
13 Korn + CK
13 EE + Blues
13 Yostir + Lobos
13 DT + Xelo
17 Mothra
17 P-S + JCaesar
17 DuckVagina
17 Team Pullout
17 Ryll + Rims
17 JR + Natsu
17 Kronox + Zeal
17 DKKountry + DeliciousCake
25 FakeKraid + Hat
25 Team Pink
25 Xell + Program

So yeah, I think we're ok.

D

Deleted member

idk how this is going to go over with your family, but way to man up in a time of need.

you're like 10 ft from me but i'm not going to your room.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
hova, I understand that you're upset, and I'm sorry that I had to cancel, but things just were not going to work out. I'm not sure if you've ever run a tournament before, but I stand by my conviction that the smash community is not particularly cooperative when it comes to running tournaments. I just don't think that I should let myself become too dependent on the community for an event to run smoothly

The original idea was to get a bunch of chairs and a couple tables. Things didn't completely fall off until late Thursday night when the only feasible option was Rent-All Center and I couldn't find anybody with a huge truck/van willing to drive there on Saturday morning to pick up a ton of stuff. I posted the cancellation about 30 minutes after I woke up this morning.

I was completely unprepared for an event of this size and couldn't get everything together in time. I apologize to everyone who had plans to come to this thing, but it's honestly better that people not drive out here to be cramped for hours with very little playtime. In the future there will definitely be a clear cap on my events.

Top Bottom