• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Jove

Smash Journeyman
ive been thinking and i want to hold some fests/tourneys at my house. but i dunno if its too far away from the whole scene. i live in chantilly, virginia. would this be too far away for everyone or should i start to hold them?

and ps- my house could probably only hold 10-15 people at most

ive been thinking and i want to hold some fests/tourneys at my house. but i dunno if its too far away from the whole scene. i live in chantilly, virginia. would this be too far away for everyone or should i start to hold them?

and ps- my house could probably only hold 10-15 people at most
I could probably make it, if routes 123, 50, and 7 have a safe sidewalk I can bike on. Including traffic, I should be able to bike there in about 2 hours (14.4 miles on Google maps).

Edit1: I forgot to mention that'll I'll be in Radford University this year, so I won't be in the area unless it's Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, or Spring break or Summer, pretty much.

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
iight guys
sorry for making yall wait....

Tomorrow around 12 30 to 1 00
and you will have to leave around 8

iight i only have 2 TV's and one cube + game...
i might be able to get a 3rd TV but that still means i need two cubes + melee.....

if anyone could bring a TV that would be cool
and my basement is pretty small so i can only have a limited amount of people over...sorry...
this isn't meant to be big...just to play smash....which i haven't done so yea....

i need to make a confirmation list of who is coming...ill edit this page to keep up with it....

Confirmed:
ME
EP guy
Shinku?
Smash GOD?
Jove?

PS. Also i have a few rules:

1) Please don't get too loud or start cursing....my parents hate that and might make me to kick yall out >_>

2) I'm fasting....so please respect that ^_^

P.S. parking might be a little bit annoying....

there is a dead end (12th rd) between my house and george mason (the street that you will likely enter my house from).....if you go there, there should be many visiting parking spaces....if you can't find any

there is a high school across geogre mason ....there is a student parking lot there that usually mostly empty in the summer

I will go. I'll be bringing a wii (without barlw) and Melee.

I showed this thread to a friend of mine (ephoenix6) and he might be able to get there.

I don't ever want to bike to a Smashfest that isn't hosted by Sypher or Chu again. Biking on Lee highway or whatever it's called could get me killed one day.

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
sorry about that bro.... O_o....didn't know it would cause all that trouble.....

! Thanks to everyone who came !
mad props to yall for filling that void in my smash life haha

hopefully we can do it again...i need more smash

sorry about that bro.... O_o....didn't know it would cause all that trouble.....

! Thanks to everyone who came !
mad props to yall for filling that void in my smash life haha

hopefully we can do it again...i need more smash
It's ok, I'm still alive. Also, did I leave a green Mountain Dew bottle at your house?

Edit1: Nevermind. I found it.

Jove

Smash Journeyman
yes honto that was fun i got some gudd practice if anyone else wants to practice more before chus on friday just hit me up

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
yes honto that was fun i got some gudd practice if anyone else wants to practice more before chus on friday just hit me up
haha we really did need more 1 v 1....

well in total there was about 7 people including me...
but people were going in and out so much i had like a max of 5 in the house at the same time....

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm trying to get to GOTM's tourney, but if I can't I may try to come to this. I won't have a car though, anyone know if there's a bus from a near metro station that'll get me within a mile of this?

Also smash god, Skyheart(the real one, not lolmaster) apparently thinks my luigi is better than yours as of yesterday. You'll have to prove him wrong to regain your honor.

Jove

Smash Journeyman
haha we really did need more 1 v 1....

well in total there was about 7 people including me...
but people were going in and out so much i had like a max of 5 in the house at the same time....
hah well i got a good 5 hours of smashing in so i was happy. (plus doubles=singles reguarding how fun they are for me)
and now i have to choose between syphers smashfest or chillins tourney..... hard decision :dizzy:

rhan

Smash Hero
How many people might attend this? And is there anyway that me and a friend can (Possibly) get housing?

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
I don't ever want to bike to a Smashfest that isn't hosted by Sypher or Chu again. Biking on Lee highway or whatever it's called could get me killed one day.
**** dude, that must've sucked, i can't even imagine doing that

did you actually drive on the road or did you just drive through the grass? Either way it would have been a traumatic experience for me LOL

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
How many people might attend this? And is there anyway that me and a friend can (Possibly) get housing?
1. who knows? it's not a tournament. these things vary a lot in size when it comes to fests.

2. well, not from me >__> definitely not lol, my dad wouldn't allow it this time of year. you can still ask other people if you feel like coming.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
i'm aware that chillin is having a tournament the same day as this. i knew that when i posted the date. i'm not changing the date.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
if i cant make it to chillins i'll come here and plz bring blazblue and sticks if Anyone XD id like to play something else besides melee

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Somebody in my dorm plays blazblue so I might learn how to play it from him. Idk though. I really only lik smash and rpgs nowadays for some reason...

Top Bottom