• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Notice: How to get your tournament stickied

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We are going to return to the days of actively stickying tournaments. If you feel your tournament should be stickied send a PM to a mod (if you feel we have overlooked your tournament).

Rough criteria for sticky worthyness.
1) Well formatted first post that contains information regarding location, entry fee, date, times, rules, housing, and prize breakdowns
2) Potential to break at least 100 competitors, but more in the area of 150-200 (OC2, FC caliber tournaments, but slightly below these standards is also acceptable).
3) The tournament host (or their crew/staff) must keep an eye on the topic to answer questions.
4) We will try to have no more than 2-3 sticky topics at any given time, so the tournament with the closest date and most potential will have priority over a tournament that is 6 months away.

For now, Pound 2 and Cataclysm will be stickied. SMYM7 will be stickied once Cataclysm ends (being the largest MW tournament behind FC). This thread will be unstickied in a week or two.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Consider Stickying HOST 2.

The first post is very well organized and this tourny will probably break 100 players. The pot right now is 1400 and will probably be around 1600 at the tourny..Several out of state players are coming including almost every good samus in the nation but wes and watty :).

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
he's really only trying to sticky the most giant tournies of the year, imo.

if you stickied every tourney that people made that they thought would be huge, you'd end up with like 40 stickies and the sticky would lose its.....stickiness

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think it would be better to cycle the stickies often, AZ. Relax the criteria a little and offer to sticky the "next big tournament" from each region. Do we need Pound 2 to be stickied for 4 whole months? No, we don't. So I'd take down the Pound thread and put up INNsomnia or another international/south/midwest tournament.

It's your forum, of course. But it wouldn't take much work to get the attention spread around to a lot of tournaments that really deserve it. *shrug*

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That can work, this current system is mainly based on how things were done in the past. (FC was sticked for I think 4 or 5 months, TG6 for even longer if I remember correctly).

I'll release some new ideas/criteria soon, maybe only tournaments happening within a 1 month period will be stickied or something, but for tournaments such large as FC I think more than 1 month of sticky is deserved.

This isnt for only the most ginormous of tournaments, but as a general rule of thumb the tournaments must be big. It may also switch to a 1 tournament from each region format, with the next biggest tournament being represented. There are problems with this as well though.

There is also another factor based on the past precedent regarding MLG stickies, but everyone still will have to wait for the information to be released regarding which tournaments and when.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Yeah, last year the FC and OC topics were both stickied in February, but they were removed until a month prior to the event. That worked well - it gave them publicity when they were announced and gave them the attention needed in the final days of registration.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
How on earth did my old tournament get sticked. It didn't even break 40.

Top Bottom