• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Serebii doesn't use short hand.

Like I said earlier, he's in the Bublagarden IRC channel often, and I have asked him some questions about JP Diamond when it came out, specifically about the Underground. He does not type like that, he uses proper grammar.
I can also say this is quite true. Joe always uses proper grammar when talking in his own chatroom, as well as on his forums. Granted, he might make a few typos like everyone else, but he fixes them right away.

I've also never seen him use abbreviations like ttyl or bbl and such. I've known him going on 3 years now.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Lmao so hard. It took him at least an hour to conjure up that AIM convo after people prompted to see it. It's obviously either a fabrication, or the two staged it for the lulz.

Don't buy it.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
It's fake, guys. I know everyone has been saying it, but ****, for some people it just doesn't sink.

I think this topic should be locked and a new one made without these fabrications. Only new information should be allowed...this topic is clustered as hell and is slowing down the boards.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
I just remembered something.

When you turn the thing for Aim on that tracks the time messages were received and sent, it goes by the time on the computer of the sender. I know this because my computer is usually a few minutes behind, so it appears that I'm responding to people's messages at an earlier time than they've sent them.

Therefore, if you claim to have just gotten done with a conversation with him, you must live west of my timezone (its 8:45pm in NY).

So tell me, why would this character's timezone be set to somewhere in the Western US when he lives in England? Or did you just happen to forget that the AIM timetracker reports the time on the sender's computer?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Time to fight fire with fire:

SmashBro114: Hey, can I ask you something? Sorry for intruding like this...
SerebiiJoe: Depends, what do you want to know?
SmashBro114: Bottom line, some guy with an AIM name "TheDiLuigi" claims not only that he knows you but that you've given him some information regarding the Corocoro scans of SSBB. Is that at all true?
SerebiiJoe: I've never heard that name before in my life. What did he tell you?
SmashBro114: You might want to see for yourself: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=127033&page=86
SerebiiJoe: You've got to be kidding me. I can't believe people believed him. I don't talk like that anywhere, especially not in AIM.
SmashBro114: Do you mind if I post this on the thread? Hopefully it'll shut him down once and for all.
SerebiiJoe: Go right ahead.
SmashBro114: Thanks.

Can we drop this now?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
its obvious that he saw Serebii Joe himself say on his website about the Dungeon 2 info from the new corocoro and then made up talking to him about smash bros.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
OK Guys. I managed to dig something up.

It *IS* a fact Serebii has the new Coro Coro. However, he didn't put any Brawl information up on his site, something about Mystery Dungeon 2 or whatever. However, I managed to find out, Serebii has an account on some Nintendo Europe forums, and, there is a BRAWL thread there.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6245&page=339

Could it be a matter of time before people ask him for scans there?

ALSO, go to page 333 for some very interesting info.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
NO MORE LIES

Ok, now. We can be over this.... Hrm...

Wow, a whale!
Oh piss, we really need news. I agree with that one guy, whenever a rumor has ridley in it, it blows up.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I just remembered something.

When you turn the thing for Aim on that tracks the time messages were received and sent, it goes by the time on the computer of the sender. I know this because my computer is usually a few minutes behind, so it appears that I'm responding to people's messages at an earlier time than they've sent them.

Therefore, if you claim to have just gotten done with a conversation with him, you must live west of my timezone (its 8:45pm in NY).

So tell me, why would this character's timezone be set to somewhere in the Western US when he lives in England? Or did you just happen to forget that the AIM timetracker reports the time on the sender's computer?
While we appreciate you debunking his posts thouroughly, you can stop now. He's been VERY thoroughly exposed.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, let's stop talking about BrawlinNess' scoop right now. His thread's been closed. The consensus is that it is fake, as so many of you have given reason for.

Unless screens exist, that's all there is to it.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
Honestly, his lie was very good until he put himself in a situation where he would have to fabricate proof. I must say, though, he has definitely proven one thing: spreading rumors about Brawl is serious ****ing business.

Back on topic, I predict scans will appear some time tomorrow, probably around 10:00 PM, which is around noon in Japan. It'd be hilarious, though, if what BrawlinNess said is true, although I highly doubt it.

Mewruler

Smash Cadet
Okay I am new but I can tell you one simple thing that everyone can agree on.....WE CAN ONLY WAIT AND SEE

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
OK Guys. I managed to dig something up.

It *IS* a fact Serebii has the new Coro Coro. However, he didn't put any Brawl information up on his site, something about Mystery Dungeon 2 or whatever. However, I managed to find out, Serebii has an account on some Nintendo Europe forums, and, there is a BRAWL thread there.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6245&page=339

Could it be a matter of time before people ask him for scans there?

ALSO, go to page 333 for some very interesting info.
THis is just a theory ladies and gentlemen....BUt I think that its possible that.....

The way serebii's talking in this, it almost seems liek he wants to tell someone what he knows....I think that he may have, but if you read a few pages of the above forum starting on 333, he isnt SUPPOSED to tell anyone. In fact, if he did, his respect would be hurt and he may not get info like that anymore....so dont you think its possible that MABYE he told this guy not thinking he'd spread it, but then realized he had to cover for himself when he did?

Mabye a stretch, but def a possibility

Smash Ace
Would it really be that big of an issue if he told someone 3 days ahead of time? He's just (supposedly) revealing what is in CoroCoro, and none of the rumored stuff was particularly surprising.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord

Wishy

Smash Rookie
Ahem,

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6245&page=333

Originally Posted by not_so_tiny View Post
Something else to look at, the brawl character rosta leaked, www.nintendrone.blog.com/2368798/ I call fake. However, if it does turn out to be real how does everyone feel about it?

[This is what Serebii replied: I can confirm to you that that is completely and utterly fake. While it may have characters that are in. It does have some which aren't and lacks many which are
Also,

So, Serebii do you know the character roster? Full/partial.

I have a favour to ask. If K Rool is in the game every ounce of my begs you to PM "Yes"

I wont reveal this to anyone if you do...PS, if you dont PM me Ill assume he isnt in it. But yeah...Id massively appreciate that.
A question to Serebii, and his reply:

Partial. There are still some things my sources didnt tell me since they're evil.
The guy asks him if Serebii's 'sources' told him whether K. Rool is in or not, and Serebii tells him he cannot answer anymore questions...

A few more of his posts going to page 334:

You know I would if I could. Remember all the leaking I did earlier this year Pokemon wise...however they're tighter lipped on SSBB, technically I shouldnt know what I do
Guy who asked about K. Rool: Yeah, I understand, no worries.

So you know characters who are in it that we dont know?
The starting line up will be revealed in CoroCoro next week
Some guy: Sweet. (If you know...and if you can say) are there new characters to Smash Bros, in the starting line up?
If you mean that have been revealed then I think theres a couple but other than that, I do not know
Well, Serebii knows something. And he has CoroCoro, but it seems his sources are beating around the bush around info, and holding somethings back (Unlike they did with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, where they seemed to have given Serebii the motherload of info).

That's all I got of importance and interest from pages 333, 334. I may decide to scan 335+ to see if he says anything else about CoroCoro and hidden information. :)

Abomb9614

Smash Rookie
all this debunking of Brawlinness' posts have been rather entertaining to read.....i think some members should become detectives the way they ripped him apart

EPX2

Smash Ace
THis is just a theory ladies and gentlemen....BUt I think that its possible that.....

The way serebii's talking in this, it almost seems liek he wants to tell someone what he knows....I think that he may have, but if you read a few pages of the above forum starting on 333, he isnt SUPPOSED to tell anyone. In fact, if he did, his respect would be hurt and he may not get info like that anymore....so dont you think its possible that MABYE he told this guy not thinking he'd spread it, but then realized he had to cover for himself when he did?

Mabye a stretch, but def a possibility
The guy has been proven to be a fraud. There is no "possibility" of this being true, it's utter BS. Don't even bother entertaining that idea.

Flaming_Wuzzle

Smash Cadet
"Actually the thing that scan is advertising is the next issue which is released on January 15th"

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=626363&postcount=8469

Does this mean we jumped the gun and figured the January issue of the magazine had the info, when it is actually the Feb issue that comes out January 15th?
Well, no, he is right, the cards are in the February issue. However, the January issue (tomorrow) also has Brawl info. That was already posted earlier in the thread.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
The guy has been proven to be a fraud. There is no "possibility" of this being true, it's utter BS. Don't even bother entertaining that idea.
Well it isnt really prooven and my theory backs up why it isnt...i think the guuys lying, but i was jsut bringing something up thats a possibil;ity.

Sos ay, the issue comes out with teh stuff the guy predicted...then mytheory was right no need to be so harsh on it ol chap

Boofer

Smash Ace

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
**** you, guy whose name comes from the Japanese name of a really stupid Pokemon!

I really don't like the sound of that news, even if it is just the starting roster. Gives proof to my argument that Marth is gonna be an AT, though.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
He's not specific at all. One of those could easily be Ness, who we're already pretty sure about. And, besides Ness, it's not counting for secret characters, which he might not be referring to.

It doesn't prove anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom