• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing revealed by CoroCoro on December 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Foz does have a point, and i hate the wooden thing a majigger too, if your gonna argue him not being in at least think about it. that being said i'd ratehr see a sullen pinochio than a ****** boozer with a paintbrush

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I'd rather see the Koopa Kids over Bowser jr.

They really need to make some kind of appearance outside of the late 80's/early 90's.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Agreed. Unfortunately based on Sakurai's love of Sunshine, I predict we'll be seeing Bowser Jr. in Brawl after all.

Also Bowser Jr. plays a big part in New Super Mario Bros. and Galaxy as well. Ugh. I just hope he's cool in Brawl. :ohwell:
He did? (New Super Mario Bros.). I had the game, and I hardly ever remember him in it. I guess that's how much I thought the game sucked. lol.

Chepe

Smash Lord
This is the thing to translate as it is causing a lot of ruckus:

A user from Gamespot forums translated it as follows...

The January [2008] issue of Coro Coro Comics, set to go on sale on December 15, includes a guidebook for Smash Bros. X [Brawl] in which all characters are explained.

This guide, "SMASH BROS. X ALL CHARACTER REVEAL BOOK," explains all characters in a single volume!

Guide includes:
All Characters, Including Hidden Ones
Assist Figures
Set To Go On Sale December 15th

Is this an accurate translation SamuraiPanda? Or anyone else out there who can read Japanese fluently?

Black/Light

Smash Master
This is the thing to translate as it is causing a lot of ruckus:

A user from Gamespot forums translated it as follows...

The January [2008] issue of Coro Coro Comics, set to go on sale on December 15, includes a guidebook for Smash Bros. X [Brawl] in which all characters are explained.

This guide, "SMASH BROS. X ALL CHARACTER REVEAL BOOK," explains all characters in a single volume!

Guide includes:
All Characters, Including Hidden Ones
Assist Figures
Set To Go On Sale December 15th

Is this an accurate translation SamuraiPanda? Or anyone else out there who can read Japanese fluently?

That translator guy said that he doesn't know Japanese too well. Heres what another user said. . .
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...s.php?topic_id=m-1-40038504&pid=928518&page=2

"Jounouchi"
Translation:

lol

Not only is that just the article from Nintendo Times, they even say in it that it's unknown what exactly all they're going to reveal. Tell whoever "translated" it that they need to do more than just notice terms and assume they mean it one way. =P

That said, the fact the thing is called the "Dairantou Smash Brothers X: All Characters Big Release Book" makes it seem like they're at least going to reveal all the playable characters.
She/ he never made a direct translation of it but thats what she/he said.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
I'm still on my theory from friday. I believe I was the first person to say that even though the character select was from the demo, I believe it is the starting roster.

Some people posted my saying as a quote on the "Stupidest thing you've herd someone say about brawl" thread. Come find out a celebrity on the forums agrees with me. What say you now?!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm still on my theory from friday. I believe I was the first person to say that even though the character select was from the demo, I believe it is the starting roster.

Some people posted my saying as a quote on the "Stupidest thing you've herd someone say about brawl" thread. Come find out a celebrity on the forums agrees with me. What say you now?!
It doesn't matter?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

It's not gonna be the starting roster as why the **** would Meta Knight be a starter and not Kirby? Also Ice Climbers and Zelda are gonna be starters as well.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
It's not gonna be the starting roster as why the **** would Meta Knight be a starter and not Kirby? Also Ice Climbers and Zelda are gonna be starters as well.
Actually Samuraipanda gives REALLY good reason to why that may be the case, if you listen to the new podcast, however i still don't feel its that starting roster, Buzz ftw "it's wrong because i don't want it to be"

DisabledParking

Smash Rookie
leak?

I found this on the gamespot ssbb fourm didnt see it posted on here anywhere, i'm guessing its the leaked corocoro

SyluxElite wrote:
Brawl characters leaked before Coro Coro Magazine reveals them on the 15th!!!!!

(Character spoilers!)

http://www.wiionly.nl/nieuwsitem.php?nid=4187

Veterans
-Mario
-Link
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Fox
-Samus
-Zelda
-Bowser
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Peach
-Ice Climbers
-Shiek
-Jigglypuff
-Luigi
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Marth
-Ganondorf
-Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass)
-Falco
-Mewtwo
-Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers
-Pit
-Wario
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ike
-Pokémon Trainer
-Diddy Kong
-Meta Knight
-Snake
-Lucas
-Sonic
-King Dedede
-Olimar
-Krystal
-K. Rool
-Geno
-Animal Crossing Villager
-Ridley
-Isaac

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I found this on the gamespot ssbb fourm didnt see it posted on here anywhere, i'm guessing its the leaked corocoro

SyluxElite wrote:

(Character spoilers!)

Veterans
-Mario
-Link
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Fox
-Samus
-Zelda
-Bowser
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Peach
-Ice Climbers
-Shiek
-Jigglypuff
-Luigi
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Marth
-Ganondorf
-Falco
-Mewtwo
-Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers
-Pit
-Wario
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ike
-Pokémon Trainer
-Diddy Kong
-Meta Knight
-Snake
-Lucas
-Sonic
-King Dedede
-Olimar
-Krystal
-K. Rool
-Geno
-Ridley
-Isaac
Seen it already.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

SyluxElite wrote:

(Character spoilers!)

Veterans
-Mario
-Link
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Fox
-Samus
-Zelda
-Bowser
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Peach
-Ice Climbers
-Shiek
-Jigglypuff
-Luigi
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Marth
-Ganondorf
-Falco
-Mewtwo
-Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers
-Pit
-Wario
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ike
-Pokémon Trainer
-Diddy Kong
-Meta Knight
-Snake
-Lucas
-Sonic
-King Dedede
-Olimar
-Krystal
-K. Rool
-Geno
-Ridley
-Isaac
if that's the roster i'd cry...tears of joy!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

SyluxElite wrote:

(Character spoilers!)

Veterans
-Mario
-Link
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Fox
-Samus
-Zelda
-Bowser
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Peach
-Ice Climbers
-Shiek
-Jigglypuff
-Luigi
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Marth
-Ganondorf
-Falco
-Mewtwo
-Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers
-Pit
-Wario
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ike
-Pokémon Trainer
-Diddy Kong
-Meta Knight
-Snake
-Lucas
-Sonic
-King Dedede
-Olimar
-Krystal
-K. Rool
-Geno
-Ridley
-Isaac
-Megaman
EDIT: I added Megaman to my quote as it was on the site.

Hmm, If that turns out to be true I'd be happy with it.

But I am quite skeptical, can anyone understand what it's saying on that site?

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice

And I have to repeat myself again... just because kirby(Star of his series) isn't a starter and Metaknight is makes me feel it's a little off too but what other prof do we have that this is or isn't the starting roster? I'll tell you. THERE IS NO OTHER PROOF! So stop saying it's not the starting roster just because you don't want it to be.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
And I have to repeat myself again... just because kirby(Star of his series) isn't a starter and Metaknight is makes me feel it's a little off too but what other prof do we have that this is or isn't the starting roster? I'll tell you. THERE IS NO OTHER PROF! So stop saying it's not the starting roster just because you don't want it to be.
It's PROOF not PROF.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice

And I have to repeat myself again... just because kirby(Star of his series) isn't a starter and Metaknight is makes me feel it's a little off too but what other proof do we have that this is or isn't the starting roster? I'll tell you. THERE IS NO OTHER PROOF! So stop saying it's not the starting roster just because you don't want it to be.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Thanks I missed that.
That, and Kirby is Sakurai's greatest creation, and one of Nintendo's most recognizable characters. It doesn't seem very right to leave him out of the starting roster of the Smash game he's created. He was also one of the first characters announced, along with Wario and Zelda. Why not have them available from the start if they were announced so early to build interest in the game? Please tell me that I'm only saying this because I don't want the demo roster to be the starting roster.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
About the SP conspiracy... I just think people listen to anything that a man in red would say. But that's just me. (Don't bash me on that. lol)

I'll still say that this is the E for All demo screen. Does it really matter? Not in the least. We're still gonna have all of the characters we've seen so far, so why argue over something so trivial?

PS: Why have to unlock Kirby of all people? I mean, his series is NAMED after him. You know. Kirby. It's like hiding Mario.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
About the SP conspiracy... I just think people listen to anything that a man in red would say. But that's just me. (Don't bash me on that. lol)

I'll still say that this is the E for All demo screen. Does it really matter? Not in the least. We're still gonna have all of the characters we've seen so far, so why argue over something so trivial?

PS: Why have to unlock Kirby of all people? I mean, his series is NAMED after him. You know. Kirby. It's like hiding Mario.
You do know that that "Man in red" has only been such for about a month right <_<. All Cred he's built up he did over his time on the boards as our official translator. Not from some name coloration.

The 4 characters that NEVER will be unlockable are Mario, Link, Samus, and Kirby.
Don't forget Pikachu. Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu are pretty much a face of Smash.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I just assumed that everybody on the box art was a starting character and then some.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
You do know that that "Man in red" has only been such for about a month right <_<. All Cred he's built up he did over his time on the boards as our official translator. Not from some name coloration.
I knew that, duh. That wasn't the point, though. lol.

Let me rephrase.

People would listen to anyone with built-up credibility... but a "theory" differs from a "Translation."

With a translation, you have something in a different language and you translate it. You have evidence of what you said right there. Someone else can translate it and get the same thing.

But a theory... can't do that. You can say ANYTHING you want, back it up with a "good" argument, and suddenly everyone's down with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom