• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing like a Brawl Tourney

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
Well this is a new and exciting update. [/sarcasm.]

This is one of the updates that I really didn't like. Not just because it gave us something that was already obvious it would be in the game with only one new customizable feature, but because I don't really like how they're making the backgrounds on these screens look. They're too bright.
i agree but hopefully their will be an option to change the background color. and even less likely maybe even add a theme. Sakurai is trying to please everyone. so this mode returning is merely to please the few that use it. personally i use it on days when i have no buddies to play but with wifi i don't see getting much use from it

nindgod

Smash Journeyman
I mean, this is a solid update, but it's not something that we want to end the weekend with when there are so many better options. Compare this to last week's friday....

well, I hope that updates pick up steam. This was not the greatest week.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Today's Friday: Tournament

Past Friday Updates:

Snake
Ice Climbers
My Music
Wario Ware Stage
Petey Piranha
Peach
Franklin Badge
What is the Subspace Emissary?
Knuckle Joe
This World...
Smashville
Bridge of Eldin
Wario: Special Moves
Lylat Cruise
Samus
Four Kinds of Control
Delfino Plaza
Pit
----

Some of the Friday Updates were pretty cool, though some of them people seemed to be pissed off for no reason.

I'm tired of hearing the excuse (We obviously knew it was going to be in), especially when everyone was doubting if the game would have Wi-fi. THen when its comfirmed, many people said they knew it was going to be in.

shanus

Smash Hero
I liked his hint to make it excting for players who dont have many friends. Besides telling that you can pu computers in, it could suggest wifi, at least that was my first impression. I wont be too optimistic about it, though

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
i think by giving us 2 FS sakurai felt he didn't need to give us a character....i would have settled for a subspace boss or even a stage today. and this week was fair nothing really to get excited about but it couldve been worse, we could have got a how to play today

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
i think by giving us 2 FS sakurai felt he didn't need to give us a character....i would have settled for a subspace boss or even a stage today. and this week was fair nothing really to get excited about but it couldve been worse, we could have got a how to play today
I think he already did that though did he? (^^)v

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I might start using tourney mode for an another VS mode.I like this update even thought it was a game mode.It for some reason made me feel like this game got even cooler.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
This update's alright. I find it interesting that Sakurai's named it Tourney mode instead of Tournament mode.

Innanet slangz0rs?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
well i was referring to this week i guess with the last few week being characters on friday i felt it was a pattern. i felt wrong:ohwell:
No I know what u meant (^^)v I was talking about that How to Play update u mentioned (^^)v

if yur comment that I just quoted now was talking about this, I aplogize XP

Arteen

Smash Lord
Darn, I didn't like it in Melee, and it doesn't seem any different in Brawl. Oh well.

NukeA6

Smash Master
With online confirmed, I'm happy to see this mode once again. And I hope they 4 player matches if you are just playing by yourself. It was stupid in Melee that you needed multiple controllers to even do that.

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
Where is it written that a friday update is supposed to be cool? People should stop having hope in the last day of the week. Sakurai is completly random.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
A tourney mode was obvious. Now that's confirmed, we can Brawl with 32 contendants. It would be awesome to have online on that mode.

A tourney isn't only a match, maybe now you can "collect" the trophies you won, though it said nothing about it.

Also 32 max? wasn't 64 on Melee?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

Reminds me of the Tourney mode title screen in SoulCalibur3.

Also, did anyone notice that NONE of the players taking part in the tournament (whether it was real or just a screenshot) were using a 5 letter name? They all had 4 letter names at most. Do you think Sakurai took that little feature back? Not like I was going to use it, (my gamertag being "SAG3"... no, not "DYCE" surprisingly) but I know a lot of people were happy with that one extra letter space we were getting.

happyskills

Smash Cadet

Who is that person with the purple hair? The little icon, 2 towards the middle. It doesn't look like Ike to me..

b.wood5474

Smash Cadet
Ohhh! Dude, I friggin' love Sublime! I just didn't recognize it as the "40oz To Freedom" album cover sun without a clear image. (See, I know my stuff.)

Plus, it's hard to see all the drug references in a dark corner with purple overtone and light purple outline.
Hahaha. Good man. Good man. My favorite band is the strokes tho most deff.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ah, the only time I used it was with my rather sucky friend... the same friend that refuses to fight without items... and without two other computer characters... and uses C. Falcon.

Semi-miffed to see it back.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
They're pretty good, but I've been listening to a LOT of Pearl Jam lately. I'm not sure, but I think they're my favorite band. (I've never been 100% on what my favorite band is before. The last band I loved was KoRn... and look how they turned out. :urg:)

Anywayyyy... back on topic...

...anyone want to help?

Zjiin

Smash Master
Probably the worst Friday update I've seen. There's nothing new here except maybe the handicap. Could it kill them to program in a double-elim bracket?

Sad.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Actually one slightly good thing came out of this update. Remember in the names update when it said they were trying to make a feature where you could bring your controller configuration over to your friend's house? Well that's confirmed.

Look in the corner. It says "pull name from controller". Good enough for me.

Zjiin

Smash Master

Look in the corner. It says "pull name from controller". Good enough for me.
Yeah, but that seems to be the case only if you are using your Wiimote. If you're any kind of sane player, you're probably going to be using the GC controller (but that's assuming that Wiimotes will be fun, but not efficient in actual game play)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, but that seems to be the case only if you are using your Wiimote. If you're any kind of sane player, you're probably going to be using the GC controller (but that's assuming that Wiimotes will be fun, but not efficient in actual game play)
It's an easy way to copy your records to take to other places I guess.

Top Bottom