• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing like a Brawl Tourney

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Grrrr!!!

There are updates that are repetitive....

There are updates that are just so tight (like Ike's confirmation)

There are WTF updates (like PK trainer's update)

There are so so updates....

Then there are updates, like this Friday's update that fail so so hard.....

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
NO......i'm sorry but i don't think thier is a 2 VS 2 in melee
tournament
:(
did u check though?

Grrrr!!!

There are updates that are repetitive....

There are updates that are just so tight (like Ike's confirmation)

There are WTF updates (like PK trainer's update)

There are so so updates....

Then there are updates, like this Friday's update that fail so so hard.....
actullay I would declare the Pokemon's trainer Update more of "HOLY $#!t!" kind of update

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I hate to be a complainer but this was a really lame update. I mean I appreciate Sakurai giving us these updates and all, but I want a newcomer! Of course there is one specific newcomer I want to see, but any newcomer would do, honestly.

Here's hoping October gives us plenty of character updates!

Ztevieman7

Smash Cadet
Best update ever.
no single update so far is particular new, is just add up.
This update give us a little relief that sakurai have tournament thoughts for what was the core that keeps SSBM ongoing.

What if Sakurai revealed everything before November? Gonna celebrate a month long that your favorite character is in Brawl, or like a cry baby as your fave character is not in?
Start mass posting mindlessly? (with a lot smileys)
So you can design a banner already?

Enjoy before everything is being revealed and happy there are still arguable topics.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Best update ever.
no single update so far is particular new, is just add up.
This update give us a little relief that sakurai have tournament thoughts for what was the core that keeps SSBM ongoing.

What if Sakurai revealed everything before November? Gonna celebrate a month long that your favorite character is in Brawl, or like a cry baby as your fave character is not in?
Start mass posting mindlessly? (with a lot smileys)
So you can design a banner already?

Enjoy before everything is being revealed and happy there are still arguable topics.
good point about that...Honesstly I think sakurai wil reveal everything in..one or two months after Brawl gets released

Spellman

Smash Ace
lol yeah, this week hasn't been chalk full of my favorite kind of updates, but they gotta fill in the gaps I guess. Shoulda been a double or triple update though, menu's aren't usually the most exciting thing to view.

I'm not hurting though.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I find it weird that zelda's headthing is blue in her icons, and Samus' icon is incredibly orange, especially right next to her profile picture (on the character select)

But, yes, it did have some info, you just have to look deeper in.

Just...not deep enough to think that the names are spelling out subliminal messages...

Also, it appears the 5-character limit for names is online only. Offline its still 4. That is weird to me, I'm not sure why there isn't more, but it doesn't matter.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but one of the screens confirms the ability to save your tag/name/profile/data onto your wii mote and bring it to friends.

Jalapeno 64

Smash Rookie
The least they could have done was give us a double update today, that way we could completly ignore this crappy one and pay more attention to the second one which has to be better than this one since it can't get any worse than this.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Also, hasn't anyone else noticed how much the menus resemble Kirby's Air Ride? Down to the little menu icons.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Also, hasn't anyone else noticed how much the menus resemble Kirby's Air Ride? Down to the little menu icons.
I've noticed, but if you think about it, it's expected. HAL Laboratory and Sakurai are working on Brawl after all and have done Kirby games together.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
good point about that...Honesstly I think sakurai wil reveal everything in..one or two months after Brawl gets released
Moreover cuz, that's why Sakurai keeps givin us mediocre updates. It's cause he wants us to keep comin back to da site. Look at it this way, if he gave us da good stuff right away, we wouldn't be comin to that website after he reveals all that we want em to.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
If Wifi enabled, this would streamline multi-console tournaments. Or complicate them if the networking is tricky. Imagine...Ten or so consoles linked in a network, allowing for one, gigantic, freaking huge match-up pyramid you need a zoom function to see clearly. All the while, it's being updated with the consoles running it.

Visually, if some one has an extra Wii that isn't being used, you could potentially have a sweet scoreboard set up on a big-screen or projector. Picture walking over to the big screen, seeing the giant pyramid with the heads at the bottom with highlighted pairs of matches in progress. There's a noise, and the camera zooms in on a highlighted pair, one head moves up to the next level. another ping, another head zooms up to meet it. The guys move to a console together and start, the color changes, another head moves up. You watch all the competitors pop up like auction paddles. Ideally but not logically, if you could click and watch the match this game would become a spectator sport you could watch from home. But thinking small, as the tourney pool narrows, the spare consoles become scoreboards as people settle in to watch the finalists.

Some one probably noticed that the stage choose option is blacked out. Either it's just how the settings worked, or you can't choose stages. Hoping you can, so this stands at least a slight chance of serious use.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Well they're both made by Hal. Laboratories, so it's not unusual for the two to have the same style.
Technically, they're not.

Anyhoo,

Today's update was alright I guess. :)

I really hoped that option would be returning, I can rest easy now. :laugh:

But, It seems rather mellow for a Friday update.

EDIT:

Also, they need this for Wi-Fi mode!

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So if I could interrupt the whine-fest for a quick question...

This looks like a 4-player-per-match tournament bracket. My question is: how are subsequent rounds determined? The bracket as drawn only shows one winner advancing from the previous match, with the next match being a 1-v-1. Do 2 players advance from each match? I need to know these things!

And no, I never really dabbled in Melee's tournament mode, so if the answer lies in there, I've missed it.

EDIT: You know what, never mind. After another look I think I know how they work it out.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Oh yay...more *****ing.

The update hinted at online mode when it mentioned having a large number of friends. So if you have a lot of friend codes stored, you could hook up with fellow Smashers online in tourney mode as well as put in a couple CPUs if you still have a couple spots left over. As for 32 slots looking to be the max number of spots in tourney mode, so what? 32 is more than enough for a tournament mode. Also, people complaining about the background are nitpicking over absolutely nothing.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Oh yay...more *****ing.

The update hinted at online mode when it mentioned having a large number of friends. So if you have a lot of friend codes stored, you could hook up with fellow Smashers online in tourney mode as well as put in a couple CPUs if you still have a couple spots left over. As for 32 slots looking to be the max number of spots in tourney mode, so what? 32 is more than enough for a tournament mode. Also, people complaining about the background are nitpicking over absolutely nothing.
ppl complained about the backgrpound?

Top Bottom