• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a Tier List: Montage's Character ratings: New Info: Meta, Sonic, Snake, Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I have some questions:

How are Dedede and Olimar not like, ridiculously top tier? With the information you've given us, they seem flawless. How are Marth and Toon Link so good if they're so easily killed off? In Melee, GAW is a pretty well-rounded character, but a giant flaw of his was his ridiculous ease to kill off. Also, isn't Marth very easy to kill off now too? His side-B isn't used in recovery, so he doesn't really have anything to rely on except a single jump and his up-B.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
First of all, don't call me a "ZOMFG N00BZORZ" because I have a low post count. I've been on many forums. I just joined this one after the leak floods stopped.

Second, I really wanna know why Link is gimped. Some say he is improved thanks to better projectiles, and I think his bow makes up for the boomerang because of its range. Plus, if his moves are a little faster, doesn't that make him a little better? I know Link wasn't exactly high tier, but he is the best in low tier, and he's pretty close to Ganondorf who is up a notch in tiers.

Kinda asking for alot, but I really wanna know why he is that bad.
First off, don't come in here assuming I'm an *** hole. I don't care if you're a forum rat, or ken. Hell, I don't care if you're Spock, son. This is how flaming starts. Just ask questions. Better yet, read the **** thread.

Link isn't fast. He has few ko moves that work only at higher percents. Toon link is everything link should be, plain and simple.

S2

Smash Lord
A lot of things here seem to clash with what other people have previously said...

guess we'll have to see though. Lots of people didn't think Marth was super great when Melee came out, simply because they weren't using him right.

Realizer

Smash Rookie
First off, don't come in here assuming I'm an *** hole. I don't care if you're a forum rat, or ken. Hell, I don't care if you're Spock, son. This is how flaming starts. Just ask questions. Better yet, read the **** thread.

Link isn't fast. He has few ko moves that work only at higher percents. Toon link is everything link should be, plain and simple.
Well, it wasn't directed to you but to the whole general population. I've read alot of topics and the people with low post counts don't really get well recieved. Sorry if I offended you and sorry if that stereotype is wrong.

Btw, what do you mean by not fast? I heard that his moves got buffed because he's faster, or did everyone get "faster" and Link didn't get just as fast?

EDIT: Anyways, I'm really not that convinced that Link kind of deserves this low of a score. I was just watching Gimpyfish's topic, and the Link videos showed nothing but improvements to me. Link KO'd Shiek at 91% and won the match ultimately. Also, Link should've won Marth if he didn't have the bombs. Speaking of which, the bombs have a much improved knockback, and they were already good projectiles. You can go ahead and contradict because you have access to the game, but it is still opinion overall and mine is that I'm not buying it until more tourneys play out.

Zek

Smash Ace
You missed one of Mr. Game & Watch's big buffs: his Up+B. First of all, his parachute now deploys after the jump, so he drifts slowly until he cancels it. On top of that, the move doesn't stun him anymore so he can continue to attack afterwards.

I really hope somebody figures something out for Yoshi, I'll be depressed if he's bad for the third game in a row :(

Grevling

Smash Cadet
Would Wario register as a 6.0 now? I thought he was a 4.0 prior to the +2.0.

Anyway, are Wario's specials that bad?

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I've become increasingly more hopeful for Pikachu, glad he has at least come close to his 64 glory.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Really gives you hope eh?

I forgot this isn't Melee 2.0.

Which is what exactly this person is making it seem.
Don't be a killjoy.

He is not stating this as fact, but rather the opinion of he and his comrades who have played the game. This information is not set in stone, and he is not saying it's official; if you don't want to read someone's opinion, I have no idea why you would even click the thread.

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Wario is beautiful, no matter what they say! Words can't bring him down!

And I'm shocked at Link getting a 5 and TLink getting a 9. Is Link really that much worse?

Overall I'm not liking this...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Ill be really upset if Yoshi has to hang out on Low Tier AGAIN. Hopefully something remains to be discovered with him. Characters like Yoshi and DK get no love whatsoever. And now Diddy will probably only be getting love because he seems like a great character. Wheras his fans thought so from the get go. Btw I've never seen anyone land monkey flip yet, is it really that hard to?

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Excellent read. Bookmarked.

Furthermore, I think you should rate the final smashes, since they too are moves taht should be taken into account.

I hear luigi's taught is a pretty hardcore move too. maybe look into it.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Ill be really upset if Yoshi has to hang out on Low Tier AGAIN. Hopefully something remains to be discovered with him. Characters like Yoshi and DK get no love whatsoever. And now Diddy will probably only be getting love because he seems like a great character. Wheras his fans thought so from the get go. Btw I've never seen anyone land monkey flip yet, is it really that hard to?
I hate diddy. I think he's a stupid character. His ranking is based off of his madness. And you haven't seen the flip, you're watching the wrong people.

And Sinistar, you talk a lot of **** for a person who hasn't played the game. I'll make ya a deal. You go online with brawl, and play link. I'll play Pit/TL/lucas. 2/3

If you win the set, I'll give you 100$. If I win, you only have to pay me 20.

Why am I so confident? Because I've played this game long enough to understand it. I'm currently working on other characters. I've done Link. I wanted to main him, kid. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

So, if you wanna talk about how good he is, MM me.

To other people: Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on more stuff for Wolf/Dk/ and Olimar.

As for the olimar and dedede not being top, DeDeDe gets combo'd tooo easily. Olimar has a lot going on, and you have to have 6 pikman to have a decent recovery. It's hard to keep the pikamn you want in front constantly, as well.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
What I'm trying to say is, your making your views almost to seem as if you were to say it was Melee.

I wasn't disagreeing. It's my point of view.

M.K

Level 55
Opinions, Opinions.

I may like chocolate, you might think chocolate taste like zebra, and someone may think zebras look like Ritz Crackers, but it's all your opinion.

Seriously, you aren't the only person to give "impressions" and there are MANY contradicting posts.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
What I'm trying to say is, your making your views almost to seem as if you were to say it was Melee.

I wasn't disagreeing. It's my point of view.
No. you're coming in with this faux 1337 facepalm ****. It's not funny. I don't need people discrediting me because captain evil over here makes teh jokez.

From now on: All flamers will be reported to mod immediately

As for G&W's upB, I actually meant to add that in. The UpB cancel dair combo is gross. But it was 5am, and I have missed some stuff, but trust me, that is counted in the final score. :D

G&W has a lot of lag compared to other characters, and IMO will fall short in high end, again. (Go Dire, Go!) ^_^

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Opinions, Opinions.

I may like chocolate, you might think chocolate taste like zebra, and someone may think zebras look like Ritz Crackers, but it's all your opinion.

Seriously, you aren't the only person to give "impressions" and there are MANY contradicting posts.
It's true, but not a single person has played the game half as much as I have /guaranteed.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Explain when I was flaming.

That was entirely a point of view.

And facepalming was one of the things. (I dont recall the insult being a flame though. I kind of apologize for that anyways.)

Also, Can Wario Waft be used in Midair?

M.K

Level 55
It's true, but not a single person has played the game half as much as I have /guaranteed.
Pretty confident, huh? Eh, I don't find that quality of a person to be any bit intimidating, and it's actually a bit rude to everyone else who decides to post their opinions. The fact that you can base an ENTIRE character on a SINGLE scale from 1-10 is sad. There should be MULTIPLE scales, for such things as Speed, Final Smash, Comboing, Power, etc.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Pretty confident, huh? Eh, I don't find that quality of a person to be any bit intimidating, and it's actually a bit rude to everyone else who decides to post their opinions. The fact that you can base an ENTIRE character on a SINGLE scale from 1-10 is sad. There should be MULTIPLE scales, for such things as Speed, Final Smash, Comboing, Power, etc.
Actually!! That's a good idea! I'm gonna work on that!

<3

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
(To the topic creator)
I think that you are neglecting in Jigglypuff's rating just how dominating her aerial game is. Her nair, fair, and bair are still awesome with both fair and bair having a significant reach in proportion to her size. Plus, with the general "floatiness" of Brawl, we can expect people to be airborne longer and thus subject to Jigglypuff's whims for longer. In addition, she has gotten a noticeable speed boost on the ground and her <B now knocks the opponent straight up, allowing her to rest even easier in this game.

If I'm full of crap (because I haven't played this game) please let me know and why.
Thank you.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Explain when I was flaming.

That was entirely a point of view.

And facepalming was one of the things. (I dont recall the insult being a flame though. I kind of apologize for that anyways.)

Also, Can Wario Waft be used in Midair?
Yes it can. along side the up b, he can reach almost any ledge.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
(To the topic creator)
I think that you are neglecting in Jigglypuff's rating just how dominating her aerial game is. Her nair, fair, and bair are still awesome with both fair and bair having a significant reach in proportion to her size. Plus, with the general "floatiness" of Brawl, we can expect people to be airborne longer and thus subject to Jigglypuff's whims for longer. In addition, she has gotten a noticeable speed boost on the ground and her <B now knocks the opponent straight up, allowing her to rest even easier in this game.

If I'm full of crap (because I haven't played this game) please let me know and why.
Thank you.
Her fair and bair have more knockback, which disallows her comboing. rest is so nerfed it's bananas. Biggest nerf next to peach's Dsmash.

The floatiness also allows you to air dodge before she can get to you again. The pound knocks them too high to combo with really.

Megasabin

Smash Rookie
What do you mean sheik's down air is only usable half the time? From all the videos I have been watching people seem to be able to use it a bunch and it looks quite good. Also did her netural air really lose KO power? In the videos people seem to be using that or the up air to kill, and it still seems to be able to kill pretty well.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
arent you subestimating peach fox meta and falco? i honestly see a huge load of potential in all of those, i havent playe dtha game so i cant really talk

PS fear ike... i saw a vid of him k0ing g&w at 44% and 56% with his forward smash (uncharged and with plenty more power to travel even more space) at battlefield in the middle of the stage - lol olimar sounds scary... no really lol, i thought he was gonna be pretty much a joke

gosh that toon link is like he had wings.... that guy can cover so much space in so little time, saw some of his vids... hes amazing

interesting read and interesting topic, liked it

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Her fair and bair have more knockback, which disallows her comboing. rest is so nerfed it's bananas. Biggest nerf next to peach's Dsmash.

The floatiness also allows you to air dodge before she can get to you again. The pound knocks them too high to combo with really.
Thanks for your quick and concise response, I had no clue those changes had been made.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Thanks for your quick and concise response, I had no clue those changes had been made.
Hopefully, someone will find something to make him better.

But, after Mango beating m2k last night, maybe jiggz needs a nerf.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
and now you added the Power, Combo ability, Speed, Knockback and Weight. good job. (Though I think you did in a rush, from what I hear, Yoshi is faster compared to most of the charactes) (*hint*: PLAY AS KIRBY! please.)

M.K

Level 55
Also, how is frail lil Peach heavier than Mariobese?

A little credt too, because I came up with that ranking system >_> <_<

TheLetterJ

Smash Cadet
When you use someones Up B do you get another action or is it only for certain characters?

maian

Smash Apprentice
Waaaay excited for what I read for Toon Link. But if he is as good as he seems, I hope he doesn't become the new Fox, but I doubt that. I always liked maining someone that wasn't the best tier, makes me feel better about myself!

Regardless, I mained Young Link in Melee, and could do some scary combos. From the looks of things, Toon Link has improved in nearly every way, and I'm way excited for that Dair in action. It's funny, because I hate normal Link.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Only certain. G&W, Sonic, Pit (On ly if you don't go all the way up), Snake, ROB,Yoshi. Maybe others, idk off the top of my head

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
It sounds as if people think that 1-3 hours is a lot with each character? More than most people sure, but not enough to make legit ratings yet. These will be changing for a while, guys.. so don't bite his head off if your character doesn't have the score you think it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom