• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Northwest UK Brawl Circuit: [NEXT: 23rd Aug CONFIRMED] - Gamerbase Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiko

Smash Champion
something like that. might just do straight double elim if its exactly 16 people. Obviuosly more than 16 means a guaranteed pools.

Oniboy

Smash Apprentice
Right we'll be showing up to this about 11:20am, bit later than we wanted to show up but theres no trains from Congleton that day.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Actually, It may be a bit later, the Train doesn't pull up to the station till 11:15, then we've got to find the place, and Simon will obviously want to go in Burger King :p

I'm thinking more around the 11:30-11:40 mark.

Aiko

Smash Champion
ok stages have been finalised.

heres a list of stages:

Please note: You may ban 1 random stage, or 2 counterpick stages.

Random
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Counterpick
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Castle Seige
  • Corneria
  • Distant Planet
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Brinstar
  • Green Greens
  • Jungle Japes
  • Mario Circuit
  • Halberd
  • Pirate Ship

Aiko

Smash Champion
of course they did, but they can be banned. Mario circuit is worse than distant planet. and yet if you face a D3 player, just ban it.

Distant planet cant always be CG'd off, with the rain. Plus you can attack under the mainstage. IF you have a problem, you have 2 stages to ban.

Oniboy

Smash Apprentice
Because almost everyone at this tournament, aren't playing characters that can be chain grabbed.

Edit: I think know what to counter pick.

Aiko

Smash Champion
well with so many counterpicks, i wanted a way to be able to ban randoms and cp's at the same time. obviously banning a random is very important because you stand a better chance of winning the first game (important assuming you and your opponent win on the respective counterpicks).

Obviously if you have a choice of 1, either banning a random or a cp, you should always ban the random, so that you have a better chance of winning that first game. So really, it makes banning a counterpick stage a less viable tactic. By introducing 2 stage bans for counterpicks but retaining 1 ban for random, you have more chances to win on the counterpicks because you can ban 2 good stages for your opponent.

castle seige and delfino have run off sections but no one argues their legality.

Mario circuit and distant planet can interrupt the chaingrab kills.

heres an example:

Wario Vs Falco

I can ban both Mario Circuit and distant planet, so that falco no longer has a chaingrab stage on me. That way, if i lose the first round, I can win my counterpick, and then falco cannot choose either of these stages, to get an easy victory.

Aiko

Smash Champion
okay, another stage revision, lol

Please note: You may ban 1 random stage, or 2 counterpick stages.

Random
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Counterpick
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Castle Seige
  • Corneria
  • Distant Planet
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Brinstar
  • Green Greens
  • Jungle Japes
  • Halberd
Stages added to Doubles
  • Mario Circuit
  • Pirate Ship

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
I don't know as this might be my first tournement and i don't know everyone and i fell uncomfatable on my own.:(

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Ah. Do your best to make this man, you'll have a great time, trust me. You can thank me after.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I don't know as this might be my first tournement and i don't know everyone and i fell uncomfatable on my own.:(
seriously the smash community here especially in the NW are made up by a hell of a lot of rly nice guys who are great fun to be around. It's gonna be so worth it and like I said you will get on with the people there so its not a problem. I for instance went to Yeovil for TNJ2 by myself (a melee tournament) and had an absolute blast. nothing to be worried about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom