• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

MacD

Banned via Administration
alan, i just want you to know i still love all your gifs and they make me laugh cause they are always new ones i haven't seen before and normally fit the topic well

the only real hater i see is mr miharu

Shroomed

Smash Master
This whole thread as of the past few years sums up a good portion of why I hate most of the community now. Let's start a smash forum for old farts.
Oh, you mean the community you're no longer a part of? GTFO bro.

And Hydrochris, if you don't like what's posted in the forum why read it? We're free to post whatever we want (as long as it's in line with the SWF rules), and I'm pretty sure we don't give two ****s about if you don't like it or not.

TL;DR

Genesis is going to be so good. By the way, Julian/Brandon are amazing for constructing the ITT series! Thanks broskis.

Miharu

Smash Hero
o man

u guys are really dumb

this really isn't about how your posts affect me personally; its just about how rehashed/generic they are in nature. and you want to know why it bothers me? because outside of the internet, i'd actually consider most of you my friends, but i don't like associating myself with moronic sheep that do nothing but copypaste image macros because they lack an original sense of humor or any other means of bringing their own uniqueness to the table

but if u guys want to be internet sheep thats your problem

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
So wait, you don't care about the community then? Is a community not made up of its members? So you're saying that when I play with Sheridan (*A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY) when he visits Sac, or when I play Mooninite (*A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY), or when I play any of the smashers from Fairfield to Eureka who don't have the capability or the means to make it down to the bay to go to visit **** mountain, that I, nor the people with limited travel resources, aren't part of the community? Are you seriously that ignorant and full of yourself? You need to be quiet and still little boy and let the grownups tell you how things are run.

Do you honestly think that the only way you can be apart of the community is if you travel to tournaments? I think you need to redefine your definition of community then, son. In fact, hold on a sec...

You're pretty ****ing stupid so I'm going to post this link in bright yellow and a basic list of directions.

Community

1) Just hover your mouse over the yellow text and left click.
2) Read and preferably try to comprehend.

Well gee wiz there seems to be a lot of definitions for community, but I think the general consensus as given to us by Merriam-Webster's Dictionary is that a community consists of people sharing a common interest that associate themselves with a larger unified body... I just looked back at what I wrote and realized you still wouldn't be able to understand anything I just posted so I'm going to take it another step down.

I like smash, you like smash, everyone in this forum likes smash, and we all communicate on some level with each other so therefor we are what is collectively known as, A COMMUNITY.

That's cool that you like going to tournaments and winning money son, but you're ****ing stupid to believe that's the only thing that matters. It's the relationships that we build and maintain through the love of smash that makes us a community.

You're a ****ing cancer of the community. If anything you should be cut out of our community for trying to ostracize a legitimate and well established member of the community.

If you can manage an intelligent comeback to this post I'm going to be very surprised. I'd assume a retort that could measure in skill with what I've just posted will take you 3 days minimum. I'll hop on then to see if you've come up with anything.

Oh yeah...

*Community based on your logic

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
o man

u guys are really dumb

this really isn't about how your posts affect me personally; its just about how rehashed/generic they are in nature. and you want to know why it bothers me? because outside of the internet, i'd actually consider most of you my friends, but i don't like associating myself with moronic sheep that do nothing but copypaste image macros because they lack an original sense of humor or any other means of bringing their own uniqueness to the table

but if u guys want to be internet sheep thats your problem
I dont know if you're directing this towards anyone who posts gifs/pictures or just Dajuan, but i'd like to say that the pictures I post (and the way I post them) IS my humor. Its the easiest (and almost always the more fun) option to convey my humor/point to the person/topic I am posting them to.

I dont care about being some special wallflower (cuz lets face it, im already ****ing fantastic) but I know that I save any gif/picture that is funny to, and use them in situations that I see fit, and I rarely reuse them on the boards after their initial use.

I could easily say everything that my gifs/pictures say, but without the witty picture its just not that funny.

Shroomed

Smash Master
So wait, you don't care about the community then? Is a community not made up of its members? So you're saying that when I play with Sheridan (*A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY) when he visits Sac, or when I play Mooninite (*A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY), or when I play any of the smashers from Fairfield to Eureka who don't have the capability or the means to make it down to the bay to go to visit **** mountain, that I, nor the people with limited travel resources, aren't part of the community? Are you seriously that ignorant and full of yourself? You need to be quiet and still little boy and let the grownups tell you how things are run.

Do you honestly think that the only way you can be apart of the community is if you travel to tournaments? I think you need to redefine your definition of community then, son. In fact, hold on a sec...

You're pretty ****ing stupid so I'm going to post this link in bright yellow and a basic list of directions.

Community

1) Just hover your mouse over the yellow text and left click.
2) Read and preferably try to comprehend.

Well gee wiz there seems to be a lot of definitions for community, but I think the general consensus as given to us by Merriam-Webster's Dictionary is that a community consists of people sharing a common interest that associate themselves with a larger unified body... I just looked back at what I wrote and realized you still wouldn't be able to understand anything I just posted so I'm going to take it another step down.

I like smash, you like smash, everyone in this forum likes smash, and we all communicate on some level with each other so therefor we are what is collectively known as, A COMMUNITY.

That's cool that you like going to tournaments and winning money son, but you're ****ing stupid to believe that's the only thing that matters. It's the relationships that we build and maintain through the love of smash that makes us a community.

You're a ****ing cancer of the community. If anything you should be cut out of our community for trying to ostracize a legitimate and well established member of the community.

If you can manage an intelligent comeback to this post I'm going to be very surprised. I'd assume a retort that could measure in skill with what I've just posted will take you 3 days minimum. I'll hop on then to see if you've come up with anything.

Oh yeah...

*Community based on your logic
Man, you're pretty ********. I'm pretty sure virtually no one in the CURRENT smash community associates themselves with you. You playing with Sheridan and Mooninite on occasion does NOT make you part of the Norcal smash community. I play Street Fighter 4 on occasion with people involved in the tournament scene. I like the game, but does that make me a part of the Street Fighter 4 community? No, it doesn't. It just means I play Street Fighter 4 sometimes.

Stop living in the past, you USED to be a legitimate, well established member. Your time has come and gone, get the **** over it.

I never ONCE said going to tournaments and winning money is the only thing that matters in this community. I only attend tournaments because of the other members of the community that I love to hang out with. You having a relationship with TWO people out of the Norcal scene does NOT mean you are a "legitimate, well established" member. It just means you know two people that go to tournaments and you play with them sometimes.

You're a **** and nobody knows who you are anymore, other than an annoying troll. Get over it bro.

Yo hydrochris, I just post pictures for the sake of posting them sometimes. I don't care if they're funny, rehashed, or anything else.

Walt

Smash Ace
or perhaps sleepy sheridan, dopey sheridan, grumpy sheridan, sneezy sheridan, happy sheridan, bashful sheridan, and (physics) doc.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Your response was weak and ill conceived.

Taking examples at face value and not considering the entirety of my vast smash community relationships and history (seeing as you're a ****ing noob who's only been around only for a few months I'd assume you don't know jack **** about anything) both past and present, makes you a ****ing idiot. Speaking of which, I was never one of the better players, it was THE RELATIONSHIPS I BUILT within the community that made me established. I like how you managed to leave out the part where I said I smash with anyone from fairfield to eureka on a daily basis, good job kid. Legitimate? I'll take your ****ing 100$ at Genesis 2 unless you're a huge ****ing ***** like your posts lead me to believe.

Your Street Fighter example was weak as well. I play melee 24/****ing 7 with a whole host of peeps, not just with sheridan and jesse, I used just them as an EXAMPLE to illustrate my point. Read out loud when I write this again,"EXAMPLE". Now if you're too stupid to know what that means I can always resort to any number of online dictionaries to help you out. Hell, I'll even include my directions for 1st graders to help you navigate to the link seeing as how your reading and comprehension seems to be around a 1st grade level, maybe 2nd.

I'd just like to point out as well you that your basic concept of community only entails the area of norcal (and not even the entirety of Norcal). I'm talking the whole ****ing world you stupid piece of ****. I've smashed and hung and HANG out with peeps from all over the states and OOCers as well. I'm a shark in the ocean mother ****er, you're a guppy in a backwater country pond. The difference is I actually communicate with people via something called the telephone, not an online forum site. You're so ****ing ignorant it's unreal.

So basically, sit down, shut up, and stop trying to talk **** in the big leagues.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
regardless of what reputations NK and shroomed have on the forums

i'm pretty sure it would go 3-0 dajuan for free...

Shroomed

Smash Master
Your response was weak and ill conceived.

Taking examples at face value and not considering the entirety of my vast smash community relationships and history (seeing as you're a ****ing noob who's only been around only for a few months I'd assume you don't know jack **** about anything) both past and present, makes you a ****ing idiot. Speaking of which, I was never one of the better players, it was THE RELATIONSHIPS I BUILT within the community that made me established. I like how you managed to leave out the part where I said I smash with anyone from fairfield to eureka on a daily basis, good job kid. Legitimate? I'll take your ****ing 100$ at Genesis 2 unless you're a huge ****ing ***** like your posts lead me to believe.

Your Street Fighter example was weak as well. I play melee 24/****ing 7 with a whole host of peeps, not just with sheridan and jesse, I used just them as an EXAMPLE to illustrate my point. Read out loud when I write this again,"EXAMPLE". Now if you're too stupid to know what that means I can always resort to any number of online dictionaries to help you out. Hell, I'll even include my directions for 1st graders to help you navigate to the link seeing as how your reading and comprehension seems to be around a 1st grade level, maybe 2nd.

I'd just like to point out as well you that your basic concept of community only entails the area of norcal (and not even the entirety of Norcal). I'm talking the whole ****ing world you stupid piece of ****. I've smashed and hung and HANG out with peeps from all over the states and OOCers as well. I'm a shark in the ocean mother ****er, you're a guppy in a backwater country pond. The difference is I actually communicate with people via something called the telephone, not an online forum site. You're so ****ing ignorant it's unreal.

So basically, sit down, shut up, and stop trying to talk **** in the big leagues.
I almost forgot about this.

I'm a noob that's only been around for a few months? Someone's mentally handicapped. I've been around for almost 3 years now. You're also making it sound like since you have relationships with people actually in the community, that makes you a part of it by extension. It doesn't you ****tard. You continue to live in the past. I'm pretty sure OOS and OOC people no longer say, hey I want to travel to Norcal and go play/hang with that Nintendoking guy.

I still would like to know how simply playing makes you a part of the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA COMPETITIVE SMASH COMMUNITY. You see that word COMPETITIVE? I even underlined AND bolded it for you. How are you part of a COMPETITIVE community if you don't COMPETE?

Sit down, and shut up.

But before you do that, I'd love to take any amount of money you'd like to give me. Why not kick it up higher than $100?

Top Bottom