• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I think the points each player receives should be listed next to their names.

Everyone, and especially panel members: please take a look at the SW page I have done for the NCPR. Let me know if there are any things you'd like me to add, or simply login with your SWF account and do it yourself!

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/NCPR

Zoap

Smash Master
i dont like that guy he reads minds!

my power is failing guys :(

Snap come back and play smash wit me

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
At the SFSU biweekly, these matches happened:

AznDanny lost to Lunin in Winners brakcet (3rd round)
Myko lost to SS in Winners bracket (2nd round)
Gundamboi lost to SS in Winners bracket (semi-finals)
SS lost to Lunin (3-1) in Winners bracket (finals)

Myko lost to AznDanny in Losers (2-1)
AznDanny lost to Gundamboi in Semifinals (losers) (2-1)
Gundamboi loses to SS in losers finals (3-0)

SS loses to Lunin in grand finals (3-1)

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Okay. ive fully decided it to use link 100% in tourneys. Losing to Frotaz's shiek made me want to make my link a million times better. i dont care how i place in tourneys anymore- as long as i get better......... ::sigh:: i dont know how u do it lunin but your technical skill with fox is too good

Snap

Smash Ace
At the SFSU biweekly, these matches happened:

AznDanny lost to Lunin in Winners brakcet (3rd round)
Myko lost to SS in Winners bracket (2nd round)
Gundamboi lost to SS in Winners bracket (semi-finals)
SS lost to Lunin (3-1) in Winners bracket (finals)

Myko lost to AznDanny in Losers (2-1)
AznDanny lost to Gundamboi in Semifinals (losers) (2-1)
Gundamboi loses to SS in losers finals (3-0)

SS loses to Lunin in grand finals (3-1)
there's an SFSU biweekly?

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
we should do some kind of off setting things with all the tourneys, since the sacramento biweeklies are also off set with the sjsu ones.

what im thinking is like an unofficial "biweekly of the biweek" thing so one biweekly all the traveling smashers will go to sfsu, the next to sacramento. This will have more people playing each other, and also link norcal closer together.

what does anyone else think about this idea.

Zoap

Smash Master
i had lots of room rey, u guys would just have to take bart here but who knows when the next one i will go to.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I definitely like ender's idea, especially since I can't travel to San Jose every weekend. Many players in both the Sac Scene and the guys in F.T.A. can't make it to the NCBs on a regular basis.

Zoap

Smash Master
if someone is gonna work wit schedules it should be sac and sf, sjsu biweeklys have been around longer and a majority of norcal goes to those, so its schedule should not change to accomadate the other newer biweeklys. Just my opinion of course

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
San Jose is the most popular not only because they've been going the longest but also because there are the most people there.

Despite being lumped together as "NorCal" San Jose and Sacramento are 2 1/2 hours driving apart from each other. And for us in between it's 1 1/2 to Sac and 1+ to San Jose.

In general, I don't think the tournies truly conflict unless they get big enough to truly be worth traveling to.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
LOL Sheridan...is that that one dude named caine....or watever...wants u to like kill sumthing...then give u this one ring as a reward? i dont remember...>.>:confused:
My name is Deckard Cain, and I come on out to greet ya,
So sit your a$$ and listen or I'm gonna hafta beat ya!

I am the sworn enemy of big, bad Baal,
He was first in line at the EEEEEVIL sale!

I'm nasty, I'm old, and a little bit ornery,
I look like Patrick Stewart and sound like Sean Connery.

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Cain in da house!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hey Sheridan, I was thinking something about the master list.... it's a little pointless to to place both wins against a lower ranked player and losses against a higher ranked player, because neither of these would affect standings.

Is there a reason why you list them?

tc1

Smash Lord
Well.. w/e I no u guys do this by tourny ranks >.<.. .. U shuld Add My tournies since they are biweeklies and people frequently go and place.. + HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WOW MEEP's 24 @ DM's Not On. Well im not gonna knock you guys.. Knowing that evey1 else already has or has thought about it.... i believe the top 8 or 9 is correct the rest is a throw up just last week d DM beat hyuga in (CREWS) how ever they were even and both had lost no lives. DM 2 stocked him how is he 11.. But im not hating w/e ... @ it was tourny to// w.e NO complaing its not my list,, On other terms ....U guys should start a (CREW NCPR) Why Not.. and HELL YEAH... I wana see where our crew would stand.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Hey Sheridan, I was thinking something about the master list.... it's a little pointless to to place both wins against a lower ranked player and losses against a higher ranked player, because neither of these would affect standings.

Is there a reason why you list them?
It is important. It shows that the players deserve their current ranks. For example (I'm just making up the numbers, so dont be offended anyone) number 13 loses to number 2 and number 5 at tournament, but beats numbers 14, 18 and 25. If you just showed the losses, it wouldn't show that they are good enough to beat 14,18 and 25 still.
Get what I'm saying?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Well.. w/e I no u guys do this by tourny ranks >.<.. .. U shuld Add My tournies since they are biweeklies and people frequently go and place.. + HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WOW MEEP's 24 @ DM's Not On. Well im not gonna knock you guys.. Knowing that evey1 else already has or has thought about it.... i believe the top 8 or 9 is correct the rest is a throw up just last week d DM beat hyuga in (CREWS) how ever they were even and both had lost no lives. DM 2 stocked him how is he 12.. But im not hating w/e ... @ it was tourny to// w.e NO complaing its not my list,, On other terms ....U guys should start a (CREW NCPR) Why Not.. and HELL YEAH... I wana see where our crew would stand.
Uh....DM 2 stocked him in a 5 stock match...once...in crews...lol. DM is hella good though, remember we made those ranks almost a month ago. Your guys' biweeklies are considered though, and that's gonna help the ranks of some of the players there alot.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I can't wait to see the next list, I think there will definitely be some changes. Especially at the last Sac Biweekly several players beat other, higher ranked players.

EDIT:

Superrad you misunderstood a bit. I said losses to a higher ranked player don't need to be considered, and wins against a lower ranked player don't need to be considered.

If I lost to Ken, it wouldn't need to be listed.

but...

If Tomi-X beat Mew2King, that would be deservent of representation.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Superrad you misunderstood a bit. I said losses to a higher ranked player don't need to be considered, and wins against a lower ranked player don't need to be considered.

If I lost to Ken, it wouldn't need to be listed.

but...

If Tomi-X beat Mew2King, that would be deservent of representation.
Uh...it looks like Brian did understand you and answered it correctly. I'll use an example, if say I lost to Isai or King, it would need to be listed and if I lost to Scamp or Frotaz, that would need to be listed as well. The wins over lower people are on there to determine if you deserve to be above them. If you lose to someone and it is not shown, then you would automatically be seen as deserving of being higher.

Zoap

Smash Master
i agree wit btzo and superrad plz note that sheridan is too good and knows wat he is doing :)
I dunno wat else to say also i have a headache guys

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Okay I reread Brian's post and you're right. I took him wrong at first. Also I didn't really consider that these would be necessary reminders.

But nevertheless things like Simna beating me at the SBIII weren't considered, so my point does still hold some validity: not all expected wins/losses need to be recorded.

So are you guys coming up for the Low Tier Tournament? Zoap I never got a good look at your Pichu....

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Also note that usually one tournament/match does not change much. People (in general) prefer consistancy over a flash in the pan.

One thing that is pretty much proven so far is that NorCal really likes to make things difficult by having what I like to call "beat triangles." That is, player A beats player B who beats player C but player C beats player A.

And don't get me started on "beat squares".

SuperRad

Smash Master
Delphiki:
have you beaten anyone ranked? have you beaten anyone that is close to being ranked? (like other members of FTA that are close to making the list, etc)?

then it doesnt matter if he beats you, because you don't have any real impact on the rankings.

Top Bottom