• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i will go to any ncb with my crew this christmas season starting the 22nd. bring it on pls :|

Delphiki

Smash Champion
WC forums seem to be down, but I'll place the results there too once it's up and running.

edit: OK they're up on WC now. Let us know when the Master List is updated!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
You've got a shot now, but a single win won't get you on alone. A single win could easily be attributed to a fluke, but consistent wins surely show who is the better player.

edit: I doubt you'll make the next list (coming up in just a few weeks) but I think you have a pretty good chance at making the one after it.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
You've got a shot now, but a single win won't get you on alone. A single win could easily be attributed to a fluke, but consistent wins surely show who is the better player.

edit: I doubt you'll make the next list (coming up in just a few weeks) but I think you have a pretty good chance at making the one after it.
I wanna throw a rock at your forhead and watch you bleed to death from the massive abrassive wound.

Zoap

Smash Master
delphiki there is one problem with the thing, me and kfc had to play team oblivion for fourth not rocket sauce who they beat, so rocket sauce got 5th and team oblivion got fourth cool lol

PS: Sheridan ruins my life :( I still love you though :)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I believe a rock at the forehead isn't an abrasion...
I think it would depend on the incident angle of the rock upon the forehead. I mean if it got hit at a 45 degree angle, clearly there would be some abrasion involved. Even if you hit him square on I'd think there'd be at least some scraping, though generally less than at angles off form the perpendicular. In any case, I'd imagine that the abrasion would from a rock to the head wouldn't be remarkably severe; the impact damage is what it's all about. Even so, it's surprisingly hard to kill someone with blunt trauma to the head. In fact, you have a better shot at killing someone with a bullet to the heart than to the head.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I think it would depend on the incident angle of the rock upon the forehead. I mean if it got hit at a 45 degree angle, clearly there would be some abrasion involved. Even if you hit him square on I'd think there'd be at least some scraping, though generally less than at angles off form the perpendicular. In any case, I'd imagine that the abrasion would from a rock to the head wouldn't be remarkably severe; the impact damage is what it's all about. Even so, it's surprisingly hard to kill someone with blunt trauma to the head. In fact, you have a better shot at killing someone with a bullet to the heart than to the head.
unless you are fighting zombies. then shoot them in the head!

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
ya the teams are wrong on that site. rocket sause beat oh snap! but lost to oblivion, which is the opposite of what is on there.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
...wow...it sucks how I sucked at the tourny....low tier tourny was my thing...lol! so lame!

and me and delphiki suffered the same in singles tourny

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Art? said:
perhaps we should make a recommendation to neal that tio should have a history of a player's wins/losses against other players. like, an auto-save feature that'll get it on file as soon as the set is over, as well as how the set went (whether it was a best-of-three or best-of-five set).
Ask and ye shall receive.

I've been working a lot on the tio web site, and I've recently succeeding in linking together player results across tournaments. The process for doing so takes a little bit of effort, so I haven't been able to link absolutely everyone in the database, but with Delphiki's valuable help I've managed to complete lists for most of the people in NorCal, including everyone (?) on your top 20 list.

The entire list of player histories can be found here. The actual list of tournaments that the matches are drawn from are on the main tio site. There's a filter to only show your Power Rankings players, everyone in NorCal, everyone on west coast, etc.

There are still some kinks, like an NCT2 teams bracket that won't upload correctly. And I haven't found time to link all the various teams to their individual players. But Bean and I should be able to finish that soon.

I hope this can be an asset to your power rankings discussions. And it will only become a bigger one as more people start using tio :). So have at it!

And lemme know what you think :).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but i'll give you today's tge results. small, 12-man tourny, but with good players.

1. SilentSpectre
2. Dark Mike
3. KFC
4. Meep
5. Zoap
5. Snap
7. choknater
7. TC1
9. Edy
9. Falcomist
9. Park
9. Sage

as for low-rankers/non-rankers beating higher ups, there weren't many. kfc and i both beat falcomist, ranked at #12 on ncpr, but he had a bad controller lol. i feel for him. darkmike beat kfc, meep, and zoap.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but i'll give you today's tge results. small, 12-man tourny, but with good players.

1. SilentSpectre
2. Dark Mike
3. KFC
4. Meep
5. Zoap
5. Snap
7. choknater
7. TC1
9. Edy
9. Falcomist
9. Park
9. Sage

as for low-rankers/non-rankers beating higher ups, there weren't many. kfc and i both beat falcomist, ranked at #12 on ncpr, but he had a bad controller lol. i feel for him. darkmike beat kfc, meep, and zoap.
Well we don't really need the results, but if you could tell us who SS, Dark Mike, KFC, Meep, Zoap, Falcomist and you played, that would be helpful, yeah long list of people XD, kthx =D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
okay. i will fix any errors when the real brackets are up, this list is from memory + discussing w/ kfc

SilentSpectre:
well... he beat everyone lol. he beat park, choknater, kfc, dark mike, zoap

Dark Mike:
beat zoap, kfc, choknater, meep, lost to snap, lost to silentspectre

KFC:
beat FMF, zoap, meep, lost to silentspectre, darkmike

meep:
beat one of those #9's (either edy or sage, i forgot), beat snap, lost to kfc, lost to darkmike

Zoap:
beat one of those #9's, beat tc1, lost to kfc, lost to darkmike

Falcomist:
lost to kfc, lost to choknater

choknater:
beat falcomist, lost to silentspectre, lost to darkmike

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
meh i dont really care.

me and Jeff played like 3 days straight of smash from thurs and fri from arturo house to Saturday with FTA so yea i was pretty dam warn out iono why i went to the TGE tourney but i just wanted to hang with ppl.

Also the fact that i didnt eat ANYTHING before TGE or during TGE tourney and i didnt bring my controller and had to use a brand new one which felt weird cause couldnt do any falco stuff accurately.

Dont care if u call it johns or not but that just how it was and i just went to hang with people since other people were busy on saturday cept me and jeff.

However all of FTA has gotten a lot better ^^.

NOTE TO SELF DONT PLAY SMASH 3 DAYS STRAIGHT FOR ME cause i was tired ALRDY on Friday just cmon ZOAP AND SNAP U JUST HAVE TO HANG WITH THOSE TWO.

Top Bottom