• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
it was a joke >_>
and
1) you could of probably beat me after playing three days straight and with a bad controller still <_<
2) i only said it because you pretty much asked for it.

<_<
yea i know xD. GOD IM SO TIRED HEHE GOODNITE SMASH SCREW SMASH TILL I GET SOME GOOD REST FROM IT ^^.

Know worry SuperRad just giving u a hard time har har har xD.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Geez, get a room you two.

We need to get all top 25 contenders in a room, tell them not to suck, and we'll figure this thing out right.

And by "top 25 contenders" I mean people who would be considered for spots 15-25.

Is there gonna be a gathering of any kind before the 29th? I seriously need some practice because my image is suffering.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
btw for the Tio...@ Yen& Lunin's biweekly I think ShadowPTZO was Sheridan =D

Yes it was, and I was "Hughguh" so geah...haha

Choknater, thx hopefully Sheridan includes this one in his update of the wins/losses thing =P

WTF?!? I'll go change that right now. How the hell was I supposed to see that one coming?

edit:

OK, the pages are correct now, Hyuga's here and BTZO's here.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
np btzo. next tge is going to be jan 6th, i'll get you the win/loss records for those too.

hey delphiki, once i get a picture of the bracket up, is it possible to put the results up on tio? it's only 12 people so it shouldn't be anything too big.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
np btzo. next tge is going to be jan 6th, i'll get you the win/loss records for those too.

hey delphiki, once i get a picture of the bracket up, is it possible to put the results up on tio? it's only 12 people so it shouldn't be anything too big.
Or you could download tio, recreate the bracket, and email the file to me. And I would really, really appreciate it if people would use the program at a tournament. Cuz you know, it's a tournament organizer, not a tournament archiver. The web site is just a bonus.

Zoap

Smash Master
It can be done, but its very doubtful that they will ever convert to straight up using it, maybe though. Second to the results:

choknater said:
SilentSpectre:
well... he beat everyone lol. he beat park, choknater, kfc, dark mike, zoap

Dark Mike:
beat zoap, kfc, choknater, meep, lost to silentspectre

KFC:
beat FMF, zoap, meep, lost to silentspectre, darkmike

meep:
beat one of those #9's (either edy or sage, i forgot), beat snap, lost to kfc, lost to darkmike

Zoap:
beat one of those #9's, beat tc1, lost to kfc, lost to darkmike

Falcomist:
lost to kfc, lost to choknater

choknater:
beat falcomist, lost to silentspectre, lost to darkmike
SS beat alot of ppl, but notably he beat Snap, KFC ,DM and choknater.
DM beat alot of ppl as which are all included but he also lost to Snap
KFC is completely right
Meep is correct as well chok is doing good so far :)
Zoap is wrong though, He got a bye then beat tc1 and lost to kfc, then immediately lost to DM in losers. HE NEVER PLAYED SS(in tourney)
Falcomist is right
Chok better be right otherwise he has some serious problems <.<;;;;

Other than that I would just like to say that it was fun and alot of the ppl there are amazingly better, keep going guys.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Results master list page updated.

Lemme know if there are any mistakes, and we're still looking for any missing info about the 12/9 NCB.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Results master list page updated.

Lemme know if there are any mistakes, and we're still looking for any missing info about the 12/9 NCB.
No matches were left out, but..

Why is BTZO's win against NK under his name but not his win against AfroJustin?

You didn't include Zoap's loss to yourself under your own name as well, only under his.

I remember Zelgadis having the same situation, his only records weren't under his name.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283

You didn't include Zoap's loss to yourself under your own name as well, only under his.

I remember Zelgadis having the same situation, his only records weren't under his name.
Because I happened to write it in that way. Both matches are practically irrelevant so I don't really feel like there's a need to fix a perceived inconsistency. I've already admitted that the wins that I write down are at my own discretion because I don't feel like writing down 2934857 wins for SS vs roymaster9 etc. I guess the greater transgression against my policy would have been including the win against NK under BTZO. Are you bringing it up because you think the AfroJustin win is noteworthy?

I don't know what you're referring to with Zoap and me; my 2 wins against him are under my name, and his 2 losses are under his.

As for Zel, he's been to 2 biweeklies, one of them being the one where all the records were fuxed, so I don't have any records for him aside for him beating AfroJustin or something which I don't think is noteworthy.

Snap

Smash Ace

why do you care

Snap

Smash Ace
Hey snap. You helped me score a point yesterday while playing taboo. The card was Snap Dragon and my clue was...

Who plays game and watch?!
Snap.
Komodo?
Dragon!

Snap Dragon BAM.

... ha.

hahahahaha that's awesome. glad i could help.

who'd you play taboo with?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Because I happened to write it in that way. Both matches are practically irrelevant so I don't really feel like there's a need to fix a perceived inconsistency. I've already admitted that the wins that I write down are at my own discretion because I don't feel like writing down 2934857 wins for SS vs roymaster9 etc. I guess the greater transgression against my policy would have been including the win against NK under BTZO. Are you bringing it up because you think the AfroJustin win is noteworthy?

I don't know what you're referring to with Zoap and me; my 2 wins against him are under my name, and his 2 losses are under his.

As for Zel, he's been to 2 biweeklies, one of them being the one where all the records were fuxed, so I don't have any records for him aside for him beating AfroJustin or something which I don't think is noteworthy.

No, the AfroJustin win isn't noteworthy, considering I was incredibly close to beating him. And I missed the win against Zoap, unless of course you switched it when I wasn't looking... you can't fool me......

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
hahahahaha that's awesome. glad i could help.

who'd you play taboo with?
Hung and non smash friends.

I wish I had more people to play taboo with, but it seems like everyone is done with board games and into new console games and computer games like maple story n crap =(.

I miss Taboo, Pictionary and Guesstures

Even the occasional Risk and Monopoly games are fun.

Newest board game I've started playing:
Settlers of Catan.

If anyone plays it. PM me!

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I LOVE SETTLERS OF CATAN.

I got it two months ago and have been playing weekly with my friends. It's a blast.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
I LOVE SETTLERS OF CATAN.

I got it two months ago and have been playing weekly with my friends. It's a blast.
wow. You must let me join you for some games haha. I want to play it online but msn makes you pay, so I have to play at Jsettlers.com but its much more fun to play with people

I only started it 2 weeks ago... Our group is planning on getting the expansion... the ship one and the knights, but were also thinking that making the game more complicated may ruin the fun... its so simple and fun... and the game is never the same twice... fun strats to do...

One strat I tried was going for early birck and wood for early roads... that worked alright

Then I tried going for Ore and Grain and that won me a game...

Then I went for only grain and Sheep but with both the grain port and sheep port and that was a crazy strat also... Or getting 1 port and surrounding a 8 wood with both my starting settlements (which is also good for getting early longest road)... I made 3 cities around it which was risky because everytime someone used a robber, I got screwed, but I kept my own soldier cards as well to unscrew myself haha.

Fun fun game.

Have you played munchkins? It's sort of like settlers... its a card game where ur goal is to reach 10 points as well... We tried to play that game but couldn't stick to it... settles of catan is really fun though and I think it'll stick with us for a while

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys go fast, lol. Usually takes my group 90-120 minutes. But that's because they take forever to decide what to do >_<.

Yeah, wood/brick is a good strat, as is grain/ore. It really depends on the layout you get, though. But you can't go wrong with lots of wood and brick, or with lots of cities. 2x resources = yummy.

I've thought about getting the xpacs, but the added time (+30 minutes for Seafarers, x2 for Cities & Knights) is a little bit of a turnoff. And the core game is still fresh and fun every time we play, so we don't need anything new for now.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
DUDE.

Taboo is hella fun, I'd love to play it with people sometime.

Also I was introduced to Settlers of Catan by Ender/Scamp/Simna one night over at Ender's, and I think it's pretty neat and would be down to play that too, even though I've only played 1 game ever.

I want to try Triangle Blokus too!

I am probably gonna get into the WoW TCG, it looks rad.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
DUDE.

Taboo is hella fun, I'd love to play it with people sometime.

Also I was introduced to Settlers of Catan by Ender/Scamp/Simna one night over at Ender's, and I think it's pretty neat and would be down to play that too, even though I've only played 1 game ever.

I want to try Triangle Blokus too!

I am probably gonna get into the WoW TCG, it looks rad.
Taboo is my fav of the three. Guesstures (acting), pictionary (drawing), and taboo (describing) espcially when you can relate everything to smash...

Marth's fair!!

Slice? keep going. Slash? yes!

You guys go fast, lol. Usually takes my group 90-120 minutes. But that's because they take forever to decide what to do >_<.

Yeah, wood/brick is a good strat, as is grain/ore. It really depends on the layout you get, though. But you can't go wrong with lots of wood and brick, or with lots of cities. 2x resources = yummy.

I've thought about getting the xpacs, but the added time (+30 minutes for Seafarers, x2 for Cities & Knights) is a little bit of a turnoff. And the core game is still fresh and fun every time we play, so we don't need anything new for now.
Yeah. the extra time is a turnoff... It makes sense that everyone takes long to think since the beggining is so essential lol... I've concluded that the 10 5 9 spot is the best depending on the resources and location of ports. 10 5 9 if you guys are playing with the letters in a spiral. I think random letters are unfair cuz sometimes 6 and 8 end up next to each other and thats just lame, and sometimes when the desert piece sets somewhere in the middle, 8, 10, and 9 end up together being a really good spot.

We're still experimenting with rules... some people play with the 7 being a soldier card basically and others play with the 7 being bad for you and having to put the robber on only your own piece...

how do you guys play?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We play strictly by the book. Random placement of tiles and numbers, except that no two red numbers can be adjacent (it's in the rules :)). And sea tiles alternate blank-port-blank-port, with the type of port not mattering.

And froz sounds like my twin. Guesstures, Pictionary, Taboo, and Settlers? Throw in Scattergories and some Boggle and I'll ask you to marry me.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
We play strictly by the book. Random placement of tiles and numbers, except that no two red numbers can be adjacent (it's in the rules :)). And sea tiles alternate blank-port-blank-port, with the type of port not mattering.

And froz sounds like my twin. Guesstures, Pictionary, Taboo, and Settlers? Throw in Scattergories and some Boggle and I'll ask you to marry me.
Haha, no scattergories although it is sitting in my closet, but I used to play boggle A LOT... Went through 2 sets, iono how that happened... I just remember the anniversary addition with the sparkly blue box... i think it was a 5x5 with the L adapter to make it a 4x4.

The book has a lot of alternative rules though like Trading or No trading. We do no trading except with the bank/ports.

Ian

Smash Ace
Haha, no scattergories although it is sitting in my closet, but I used to play boggle A LOT... Went through 2 sets, iono how that happened... I just remember the anniversary addition with the sparkly blue box... i think it was a 5x5 with the L adapter to make it a 4x4.

The book has a lot of alternative rules though like Trading or No trading. We do no trading except with the bank/ports.
Neal is working on his vowes and he'll get back to you shortly :D

Delphiki

Smash Champion

froz2ntear you're Nemesis?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah if you guys are talking about board games you know I'm going to jump in here.

The thing about Settlers is that I've played it over 100 times with my friends and I'm tired of it. Same thing with Puerto Rico, which you may want to go out and try. Less luck-based that Settlers, so it eventually gets "solved", but it's wicked fun until it is.

The Cities and Knights expansion was great and I totally recommend it. It does make the game way more complicated, but that's a good thing for me. It's not like you can't play the original again after getting the expansion, especially if you happen to like the original setup better.

But I didn't know that there wasn't supposed to be two red numbers next to each other when you set up. Nice find, Neal! However, I always liked going 4th on initial setup before, so I think that this makes it even more clear to me that 4th is the best.

Anyway, if you guys like Settlers then you may want to check out Ticket to Ride, Ingenious, Ra, Carcassone, Bohnanza, and of course Blokus.

Nemesis if you like those games check out Time's up (acting and memory) Apples to Apples (personality matching) and Once Upon a Time (storytelling).

And if you want more information about any board/card game then go to www.boardgamegeek.com

And I will beat you at all of these games. :)

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
But I didn't know that there wasn't supposed to be two red numbers next to each other when you set up. Nice find, Neal! However, I always liked going 4th on initial setup before, so I think that this makes it even more clear to me that 4th is the best.

Nemesis if you like those games check out Time's up (acting and memory) Apples to Apples (personality matching) and Once Upon a Time (storytelling).

And if you want more information about any board/card game then go to www.boardgamegeek.com

And I will beat you at all of these games. :)
I think the farirest way to set up the numbers is in a spiral in abc order. we usually put R in the middle and just go around from there... that way, it is really fair and not too much luck based.

I've seen Apples to Apples while walking around the store and it looks good, but I didn't have the money to buy it at the time. I've never heard of time's up or once upon a time though.

SuperRad

Smash Master
man i want to play triangle blokus. it seems like it would be more hard, but then again im not that good at standard blokus =(

and board games are fun, but some of these sound to complicated for me.

oh and how is the wow trading card game? I never really go into any besides M:TG, so I don't know much about them.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Lol. $5 on sheridan.

apples to apples is pretty good, but its not really a game as much as just laughing at choices and such. At least whenever I played.

Top Bottom