• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dont forget the 12-man bracket TGE xDDDDDDD! (the only tournament my crew's been to since nct2, yayuhz. given, it was 3/5 of my crew.) i DID give a who-beat-who list earlier in this thread, but delph do you want a tio bracket? i suppose i can make one if you need it.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Chok, I'll put it on Tio and put it on the site if you give me the brackets. I'll do the same for the missing NCB. We can then recreate the Master List from Tio.

Zoap

Smash Master
maybe there was a misunderstanding. TGE would have(if they didnt throw them away) the brackets not chok and the missing ncb was because no one saved the file. :) im srry apparently we lost the ncb one lol

Delphiki

Smash Champion
If I get approval from a majority of the panel, I'll go ahead and reconstruct the Master List. I'll do it as soon as I get approval. Then hopefully the panel can get to work doing the first NCPR of the new year.

If I end up doing the NCPRML I'll need the brackets of those two tournies as soon as possible.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
regardless lol, Delphiki i made you a copy of the TGE Dec 23 bracket (yes it's correct). i have the tio file for you, and i can probably send it to you over AIM, just contact me.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Lol yeah I totally suck and could never make it on THAT list. If I beat you, you know you are one of the worst smash bros players ever and you should quit the game immediately.

Hey, if we were to have a larger scale tourney here in WA during spring break or something, would anyone be interested in coming from NorCal?
I think the aplmdale crew's coming up here for spring break, and we are trying to get as many ppl as possible. i dont know if it'll happen without enough ppl. i dont know exactly how many is enough. you guys could see SKYPAL and stuff ^^
just so this post isnt strictly advertising:
cool power rankings, new ones soon? :)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I don't know how the hell I would be able to get to Washington, but if someone would be willing to take me I would be willing to cover a good amount of the trip's expenses. I think it would be hella fun to head to WA for a tournament.

edit: Neal the reason I wanted it was so that I could ensure all the names were correct. I don't like having a bunch of associations to deal with.

Zoap

Smash Master
Washington eh... I dunno maybe, i might be able to pull it off if i get all gas paid for(7 seats shouldnt be that big of a split) and of course the time off work or school

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Oh man, WA is too fun, I really hope I can find a way to go. The drive is madd long though....I did that for MLG Seattle 2005. Perhaps...

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Getting off work would be the only problem for me, so I would have to know at least a couple weeks in advance. When's Spring Break?

Hey Sheridan where would you recommend I start reading Nietzsche?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I'd suggest you start reading Nietzsche in your Home or another quiet place where you can focus. Library would work too.
Hmm, depends on your preference, some may find Nietzsche's writings offensive:psycho: . Yeah if you are going to read it be somewhere quiet but uh...isn't that how you should do all reading? XD

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The Anti-Christ and Thus Spoke Zarathustra. Then Ecce Homo if you're up for a challenge. It's not Critique of Pure Reason, but it does require your full attention.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hey have you played Xenosaga? The trilogy features a lot of references to Nietzschean concepts, and has a ton of references to Wagner too. Each game in the series is named after his books, Die Wille zur Macht, Also Sprach Zarathustra. Hmm.. I can't remember the last one. Anyways they're good games to boot.

Now I've got to decide if I want to read Nietzsche or Aristotle next.....then prolly Locke or Kant..

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Lol I get it.

And yeah, Xenogears/Saga is one of my favorite things ever, especially the PSX one (Xenogears).

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Wow.

Payday + Sheridan's suggestions = about $175. Well I've got some more reading to do, that's for **** sure. Thanks for the suggestions. I got Kant's three critiques, the Iliad, the Odyssey, a copy of LotR, Mein Kampf (English) and Shadow Puppets and Heartfire. As for Nietzsche I got The Birth of Tragedy, Beyond Good and Evil, On the Genealogy of Morals, Nietzsche Contra Wagner (which I think is also called The Case of Wagner), Ecce Homo,Twilight of the Idols, The Antichrist, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, and The Will to Power. All the Nietzsche minus The Will to Power only cost me $33. Pretty sweet.

Aaaaannnnyways.....

I'm sure you guys have no need to be reminded, but its well past time to get an update on this list. As I have said, if you guys don't want to do it I'll recreate the Master List. I just need confirmation for it.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
So due to isai placing in the last bi weekly whos going to be a man and atleast lower him in the power rankings

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Isai clause. He is definitely the best in norcal. I don't see why he needs to go down.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
dread, there's been a lot of talk on this. they concluded that isai's MLG rankings are sufficient proof of the fact that isai is the best norcal smasher.

not that we need proof, really. he's isai, god****it!!!

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
dread, there's been a lot of talk on this. they concluded that isai's MLG rankings are sufficient proof of the fact that isai is the best norcal smasher.

not that we need proof, really. he's isai, god****it!!!
haha hey i get that isai the sh*t im not disputing that.But this is the NORCAL power rankings not mlg. If hes not placing well at norcal tournments he should either be put down on the list or off plain and simple.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
haha hey i get that isai the sh*t im not disputing that.But this is the NORCAL power rankings not mlg. If hes not placing well at norcal tournments he should either be put down on the list or off plain and simple.
... Norcal power rankings aren't based solely on norcal tournaments... its based on the best norcal players... with mlg testing skills of people across the US... its important... unless you are saying that norcal players beating the best players in other states mean absolutely nothing... -_-

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
... Norcal power rankings aren't based solely on norcal tournaments... its based on the best norcal players... with mlg testing skills of people across the US... its important... unless you are saying that norcal players beating the best players in other states mean absolutely nothing... -_-
Ok i just talked to ian about this on aim. So wat im trying to say is there feels like theres this huge double standard that isai can place how ever he wants and keep hes spot when its seems like everyone else has to fight to keep theres. And yes obviously mlgs should have some effect but it would seem to me norcal rankings should have to with norcal tournies and norcal players. And from here on out theres no one else who could every become number 1. Say if iono um ice ninja were to along and win every bi weekly from here to brawl or watever he would never be number 1 and even if he was to say beat isai he still wouldnt cuz everyone would say "o isai wasnt trying or "isai was sandbagging" i just doesnt seem fair to me

Top Bottom