• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

nublet06

Smash Lord
if isai wasnt number 1.....where the heck would you put him? its the number 1 rule of smash. "isai is too good". everyone except you seems to be able to understand this. just ignore the number 1 spot because nobody is trying to compete with or dethrown isai. if you took him off the list everyone would still know hes the best.

silent wolf's sig is sexy

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
if isai wasnt number 1.....where the heck would you put him? its the number 1 rule of smash. "isai is too good". everyone except you seems to be able to understand this. just ignore the number 1 spot because nobody is trying to compete with or dethrown isai. if you took him off the list everyone would still know hes the best.

silent wolf's sig is sexy
Fine everyone would still know hes the best. And if he wants it back he'll start winning

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Ok i just talked to ian about this on aim. So wat im trying to say is there feels like theres this huge double standard that isai can place how ever he wants and keep hes spot when its seems like everyone else has to fight to keep theres. And yes obviously mlgs should have some effect but it would seem to me norcal rankings should have to with norcal tournies and norcal players. And from here on out theres no one else who could every become number 1. Say if iono um ice ninja were to along and win every bi weekly from here to brawl or watever he would never be number 1 and even if he was to say beat isai he still wouldnt cuz everyone would say "o isai wasnt trying or "isai was sandbagging" i just doesnt seem fair to me
Sorry this just pissed me off. Double post time.

Dread you're a nub. The people that make the Norcal Power Ranking Panel are well experienced players who have either done esxtremely well in smash or are very respected among the smash community for their knowledge of the game and its community.

Isai has proven his worth time and time again. Based on comparetive analysis of all the players in norcal over MANY tournies and years it is a no duh solution that Isai through all the comparisons still holds the standard for skill and overall awesomeness that makes him top tier norcal.

Stop being a whiney *****. Isai is the best. You're just ****ing too ignorant and nooby to get this fact. Now stfu about this topic for good.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Nicer post!

Basically, there is a huge double-standard for Isai but not only does everyone know about it but Isai has also earned this special treatment by being awesome.

Pretty much the only way Isai will lose his #1 spot is if we remove him from the list.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace

Dread you're a nub. The people that make the Norcal Power Ranking Panel are well experienced players who have either done esxtremely well in smash or are very respected among the smash community for their knowledge of the game and its community.

Isai has proven his worth time and time again. Based on comparetive analysis of all the players in norcal over MANY tournies and years it is a no duh solution that Isai through all the comparisons still holds the standard for skill and overall awesomeness that makes him top tier norcal.

Stop being a whiney *****. Isai is the best. You're just ****ing too ignorant and nooby to get this fact. Now stfu about this topic for good.
NintendoKing has a valid point dread. Yes, we can all see your point of the preemptive john (got this term from sheridan) bout him not trying if anyone somehow beats him... like snaps comment bout if SS gets better than Isai, we'll never know.

SS may eventually get better than isai, it is up to the panelist to decide, thats why we have smart, reasonable, unbiased judges (hopefully).

I mean... Isai is acknowledged to possibly be the best smasher in the US by top players across the nation, who can claim that on the list!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i'd also mlike to point out that these rankings do not fall 100% into matches of norcal player vs. norcal player....matches with players outside of norcal are also taken into account and isai has many of those to be proud of

i can think of another way he would be moved down tho....Ken moves to norcal^_^

Zoap

Smash Master
Norcal power rankings show the ability a person has to perform in tournament. Seeing as Isai, the last time he felt like playing beat DSF,Lunin and King, b4 "losing" to SS. Also he not only said he was going to beat Chu in the MLG finals but he 3-0 him. Now show me a player who beat the #3 rank person in the U.S(according to MLG),#2 possibly, And has beat the #2 of both Norcal and Socal. NOT to mention what he did in Orlando vs Ken(#1 in the World). Now if anyone else trys to tell me that Isai's TOURNAMENT ABILITY IS NOT #1 IN NORCAL THEY WILL JUST BE ****ING IGNORANT. TOURNAMENT ABILITY!!

Dread101

Smash Journeyman

hahah for some reason i had a feeling u would say something like that. Ok again i am not doubting isai skill at all. Hes definitily the best player in norcal and mb even the best period in smash brothers meele. But wat im saying is if isai not goin try or doesnt care anymore or watever why not give the spot to someone else. And if he did say go down then came back and started winning again then fine put he right back up there i dont have any problems with isai personnely i just like to see everyone get a fair shot and as of right now it doesnt feel that way. And yes i am new mb its the only reason i dont get it but its still how i feel and actually i think some others do to lol i just dont think theyd post it. So calm the fu*ck down ill stop talking when im finished

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
No need to bash on Dread.

I believe Dread is posting because he doesn't have everyone else's Definition of the power ranking.

As for the next power ranking, can the panelists post whether or not they will be able to attend the next meeting: Jan 31, Wednesday, from anywhere between 5-11pm?

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
haha guys im just stating my personal opinion. If the power rankings come out tmo and isai number 1 which im almost sure it will be it wont hurt me at all this is just my take on it no need to feel threated. So if u dont agree with me fine i didnt do this to come on and try to all change ur minds just wanted to say wat i felt about the issue.
And im done with it honestly can feel where this is goin i dont wanna hear any more u whinny ***** or stupid noob so done no more noob talking have a nice day
hahah happy nintendo king b*tch

Zoap

Smash Master
im good, Lunin that date works for me, I think king may be the one we have trouble wit (WOW ruining lives LOL)

The Game II

Smash Champion
im good, Lunin that date works for me, I think king may be the one we have trouble wit (WOW ruining lives LOL)
If you guys aren't gonna put them up right away, can someone e-mail me with the results? I'd like to put them on my site first thing. thanks.

--GCII

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Players have been excluded based on lack of participation before. Dreads right, it is a double standard. Of course the reasoning: "He's too good" "Isai's an exception" "We all know how good Isai is." That doesn't do it for me. I think that if you do not consistently even try at tournaments you don't deserve that spot.

True or false: It has been stated that Geo may be removed from the list.

Answer? True. The reason? Because he does not actively participate in tournaments. His ability is not doubted. Why, then was his removal proposed?

Isai is a double standard, and I see no reason why, although he is the best player in NorCal, that he should retain his position without providing the results to prove more than once in a long while.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Isai tried at MLGs and did better than King, who is 2nd on the list.

--Just Read NK's Post--

There is some history behind it; we know everybody anyway >.>...
Don't read my post, wtf? M2K himself says I don't know anything about smash. Pshhhhh.

Dread is still a nubanubanubanuba. Whiney little ***** cakes.

Delphiki said:
I think that if you do not consistently even try at tournaments you don't deserve that spot.
Zoap said:
TOURNAMENT ABILITY!!
I think this discussion is done with. ^^
I also think that you don't consistently need to try for everyone to know how good you are. Just sometimes. Especially if you're Isai. If he wants to prove himself he does, and that's all that counts really.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I admit I don't know much Smashistory.

But the panel admits that it only considers results temporarily, and considers larger tourney wins longer than small ones. Isai hasn't performed superbly in quite a while, and the current lists considers tournaments from NCT2 to today. He has not proven his #1 rank during that time.

edit: S. Wolf, please read my other post. Other players are being removed for not performing up to their ability.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
You know........ for the sake of saving arguing....... just take Isai off the list, and just note that he's too good.

We all know how good he is when he tries. Everyone knows that he's first. M2K ftw.

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok so we made this list for what? O THATS RIGHT TO SHOW WHO IS THE BEST IN NORCAL.

If anyone trys to ever refute Isai is the best in Norcal then I'll just never speak to you ever because you're a ****ING ******.

Right so Isai doesnt play very hard at all. So your saying cuz Geo is RUMORED to being removed Isai should too right. So lets take him off, and next tournament put him against all you naysayers, WHY o yea he doesnt play hard at all he must suck, even though he beat ken chu all those other US pros but yea he doesnt feel like beating us into a pulp all the time so he is no longer good.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE BULL ****

Isai likes a challenge, once he proves he can complete it he see no need to repeat. He knows he is the best and doesnt feel he should have to prove it unless he wants to. End of Story

You all are missing the point of these rankings. ITS NOT WHO PLAYS WELL. IT WHO CAN PLAY WELL.

Now Granted IF U play well u can move up, but it is not a guarantee that you will be considered at all. AGAIN ILL SAY

Power Rankings are = PLAYER'S ABILITY

The panel discussed this and know what were doing so stop wasting space and trying to refute something as obvious as gravity's existence

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
But the panel admits that it only considers results temporarily, and considers larger tourney wins longer than small ones. Isai hasn't performed superbly in quite a while, and the current lists considers tournaments from NCT2 to today. He has not proven his #1 rank during that time.
Firstly, stop talking about the panel like we all agree with each other. I do not agree with everything that Zoap or Lunin says, and sometimes they disagree with me. Otherwise we'd all just agree on one list instead of having everyone submit their own.

Case in point: Who stated that Geo may be removed from the list due to inactivity? Maybe someone on the panel, but certainly not The Panel.

Well anyway...

I don't think we ever consider results temporarily. Older results carry less weight over time, but we never really throw them out. We're not ranking things just from NCT2 to today, we also take into account everything that's happened before then. It's just that recent results are more weighted than past results....usually.

Anyway, we're not trying to rank people over a given time period. We're trying to rank people based on opinions of ability.

Finally, I'd strongly suggest picking someone other than Isai to "prove" his spot in the rankings. Not that your arguments are necessarily incorrect or invalid. It's just going to be unpopular.

And in this case I think it's incorrect but not invalid.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
If Isai were to lose to King or SS in an MLG Singles event, would that give them enough weight to carry them into Isai's top spot?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
You know........ for the sake of saving arguing....... just take Isai off the list, and just note that he's too good.
No, he needs to stay on the list. EVERY SINGLE PERSON I have talked to says that they know Isai is the best, and it is not disputed at all. The #2 and #3 ranked players in Norcal both agree that Isai should be #1 as well, so don't argue about it, because we all know it's true.

Yeah, I can make it on that date Rey, just to repost (cuz of new page) panelists, if you can meet this wednesday (the 31st) between the times Rey mentioned (5-11pm) then post plz

The King

Smash Ace
Not a chance. Isai stands above us all here in NorCal. He is Shao Khan. We are the mortals fighting it out. Only difference is that Isai chooses which difficulty setting we play him at. =D

King Out

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Not a chance. Isai stands above us all here in NorCal. He is Shao Khan. We are the mortals fighting it out. Only difference is that Isai chooses which difficulty setting we play him at. =D

King Out
wow... one of the best posts I've EVER read.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
I'm still confused at how nemesis pwnd at the biweekly. I'll have to figure it out later.
good for you... Was that supposed to be an insult to me?... wow... you are SOOO clever... Hey look, im Nintendoking, I can talk **** in ssbm!

You must be the coolest guy at school... im jealous, get some friends loner.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
wtf? Little asian dude just blew up at me for no reason.

Basically I just said you pwnd. And seeing as how I've never met you before (maybe) and you beat hella and hyuga and geo, it's a big ol wtf as to where you came from.

God man you just hurt my feelings, HELLA. I'ma go cry now.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Oh is that what you meant? I thought you meant i sucked so badly that how could i possibly ever beat anyone. My mistake. I'm in a bad mood.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Wow this topic really blew up. Here are a couple suggestions:
1) Move Isai from number 1. to the spot right above 1. Everyone wins!
or
2) Write an "Isai Clause" right into the rules. Basically: "Isai is too good. Until someone in NorCal proves without a reasonable doubt that they are better, Isai remains the top spot."

Also, removing Isai from number one cheapens the list. It is supposed to reflect the abilities of norcal smashers. Isai has proved himself time and time again as one of the best smashers in the world.

Other people, however, have ability that isnt as easily proven. There is a lot of newer talent that seems to be getting really good, like the guys from FTA, Nemesis, Zhu, etc, and when they start beating the players who maybe have proved themselves in the past, you can see that people will be moved around to match the new changes in skill.

Basically, it seems like the panelists look at the list as "what have you done for me lately?", But that doesn't mean that they ignore whats happened in the past.

Top Bottom