• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
desperate? we have fastliketree showing up, i wouldn't call extending invitations to other places being desperate, but whatever, man. i'm just informing. and the coold people are coming. good day. :)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
KFC, I know that rankings are extremely less important than who you beat. But what I do know is that what happened in this tournament will help to establish a relative ranking of the players who entered. And so if for example, DRGN (who placed 3rd, and lost to Tyderium) was consistently beating top 25 players, it is a safe assumption that both Tyderium (2nd) and Tomi-X (1st) may also beat those same players. So the results are still of use to the panel, and that is exactly why I posted. Unfortunately it seems that my posts were completely missed by the entire panel.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
So the results are still of use to the panel, and that is exactly why I posted. Unfortunately it seems that my posts were completely missed by the entire panel.
We see you, don't worry about it. As for now, though, we're not very enthusiastic about results. We just did an update, glitches in the system and all. In a month or two we'll do it again, and that's when we'll take a good look at the results.

And as for direct placing, we generally don't do assumptions when it comes to who-beat-who chains. (Isai is an exception, but Isai is ALWAYS an exception.) If a person who places third proves himself and does well, that probably won't reflect on the people who place above him in local tournies.

The reason why is because there are too many examples of people doing well inside their own crew, but doing horribly outside of said crew. Or vice-versa. We're basically looking at the people who can prove themselves in tourney.

Lastly, relax. Everyone knows that the list isn't absolute. Everyone knows that the list isn't exact. We also know that it's much harder for people in Sac and other places to prove themselves simply because of distance. But over time things will work themselves out and everyone should get a chance to prove themselves. And if they make the most of that opportunity, they'll get on the list.

Unless, of course, they willingly take themselves off of it.

Snap

Smash Ace
Snap you are interestingly forward. Maybe a little too forward?
i think it's better than most alternatives

you know, like, blatant inconsistency in logic, or circumlocation, or watered down poor english

nah man jp, LOL XD i dunno you know i was just messin' don't really take it the wrong way or nothin...XD

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
danny, that was a TGE, and that was the very last time we played. your lack of memory does not concern me.

and if the above was what you were trying to say, then you should have said that, and not "constantly beat" in the "tournament matches lately." but, who am I to judge proper english, i'm a math major.

in any case, by your logic, myko constantly beats you in recent tournaments, and he's not even on the list. but let's not consider the cases in which you are in question, because those obviously don't matter, do they?

edit: i looked back to see when you played myko
myko beat you at the july 29th biweekly, exactly a week AFTER the last time we played. so you consider that "a really long time ago XD" even though it was more recent than the last time we played--and despite this, you use that tournament result to your advantage while ignoring the more recent one which can be used against you.

danny you can be a real cool guy. I just don't like when you trash talk others to boost your own image. please, let people judge for themselves.
Well first off, I apologize for wording it wrong, that was not what I had meant. Also in previous tournaments me and Myko played I had won, 1 win against me 4 months ago does not attribute to much IMO. Also I have beaten you and others more than once, so you were using my words incorrectly. I do not count 1 win as constantly, and I don't know who does. Also it does not matter whether or not it was a biweekly or a TGE, it is depending on most recent.

And to make things clear I DO NOT trash talk to boost my own image, do not judge me when you barely know me. I am basing what I say off of fact, maybe my facts were a little off and I will apologize for that, but please do not judge someone you know very little about. I tend to be much more modest than I am cocky, and although I like to have people feel I am a good player, I do that with my skill in smash, not with talk because talking big just makes you a noob. Although some of my posts may seem that I am trying to "boost my image," I am only defending why I may deserve a spot, I do the exact same thing for any other player on the list with the same amount of care. BTW no beef or nothin, juss don't like bein judged when I don't know the person well.

EDIT: Also yeah, I definitely agree on what Scamp is saying, just because someone gets 3rd and can beat top 25 players, does not necessarily mean 1st and 2nd can. As he said, people tend to do much better against people they play more often, not only because they know their style but because they are more comfortable playing them.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
um...DBR is just eating norcal up like btzo does with ice cream or frotaz does with gravity??? or kizzo with his la victoria burritto.....or like bioalp69 with the ****

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ss gets invited to crews faster than you can say moonwalk. i want him in my crew :3 we just lost a man

Zoap

Smash Master
no kfc is close lool, CTMW is only Chinese according to nek, it was a name given to him and tang while they teamed at Germs smashfest along time ago, it includes: Tang, Nek, Myko, SS and Vans. Bay Asians, one of the other crews SS is in, is composed of the people in the SF and surrounding area, it includes but is not limited too: Lunin, SS, Tang, Myko, Falcomist, Volroth, Azn Spikes among others.

:)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I don't think anyone on the list claims to be a Marth main, although in fact many of them have used Marth with varying degrees of success in tourney: King, Zel, Bob$, Myself, Frotaz, Mikkuz, and others. Mike666 and Bootle are Marth mains who could potentially make the list.

Zoap

Smash Master
snap mains marth <.< cuz i tell him too and i dont like changing the banner lol. I have an ok marth when i put on the husband costume lol

Snap

Smash Ace
KFC how come your banner has a picture of the REAL you?

yeah i main marth.

i'll go all marth next tournament, b!tches.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
GEO plays marth as well. he does pretty well and uses him in tourneys.

The King

Smash Ace
I'm going all Marth again this tourney, so we'll see how I do. I gotta train my secondaries somewhere, and Norcal's a **** good place to start. =D

King Out

Top Bottom