• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
And certain unnamed panelists will represent Sac. No worries.
huh? I already disagree with the panelists decission to hide who votes for who, but now you guys are doing secret panelists?

I know when I was on the panelist sheridan said that no one in sac really needed to represent since the tourney scene was still pretty small. I agree with him that there isnt really a need for a representative.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
huh? I already disagree with the panelists decission to hide who votes for who, but now you guys are doing secret panelists?

I know when I was on the panelist sheridan said that no one in sac really needed to represent since the tourney scene was still pretty small. I agree with him that there isnt really a need for a representative.
Uh...as far as I know there aren't any "secret panelists."

There shouldn't be any worry about Sac players, a few of us panelists have to been to most of the sac tournies (me, sheridan, and zoap), and a few sac players came to the previous SJSU biweekly, so I feel Sac will be as properly placed as possible on this next list.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Wait a second. The entire Executive branch of the government is appointed with the exception of the president. The entire Judicial branch is appointed for life.

How can you play the democracy card when we perfectly emulate one of the major branches of the government?

I forgot to quote Nintendoking for this reply.

Nintendoking votes independent!

Secret panelists are gonna getcha....

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I think NK's right again. The only panelists who I think may be suspect are Scamp and Simna. Simna doesn't travel to the NCBs, and he can also be hard to contact. Scamp I'm not so sure about, but it seems that he doesn't have regular tourney appearances either.

Brb I'll add more to this post in a bit.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
I think NK's right again. The only panelists who I think may be suspect are Scamp and Simna. Simna doesn't travel to the NCBs, and he can also be hard to contact. Scamp I'm not so sure about, but it seems that he doesn't have regular tourney appearances either.

...? uh... i have no clue about simna, so i won't say anything. although i am curious about this list he made =) however, i'm pretty sure scamp has plenty of justification for being a panelist... he's been a pretty valued member of the norcal community... i'm sorry but by saying he does not have regular tournament appearances you're basically saying you don't have regular tourney appearances seeing as how hes been to just about what every biweekly + some sac biweeklies if i'm not mistaken and more? he even went to socal's big tourny, i think he has a pretty good idea of who's good and who's not xD

man so much drama ><

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
this is hardly drama. its quite refreshing after wading through the sacramento thread.

I kinda agree with suprad. i dont really care anymore about who in on the panel I just wanna see it change.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Simna I think is fine, although if I remember correctly, he put NK on instead of SideFX and said that SideFx beating Snap at NCT2 didn't count because BTZO forfeited to SideFX and those matches shouldn't have happened or something along those lines.

Scamp, however, does not deserve to be removed in any way shape or form. He's extremely knowledgeable about Smash and the NorCal community. From what I've seen, he's traveled just as much as the majority of the Panel.

Zoap

Smash Master
i have season #1 on dvd Wolf, LOL no but really.

P.S: Snap can do the whole thing in real life with no help LOL

Delphiki

Smash Champion
OK, I could be very wrong about Scamp but so you guys know he has only been to one SBW. I have no idea about his other appearances but I don't often see his name as having entered other tourneys. Of course he may have shown but not entered, and that could be why I didn't think he was there. Simna however rarely makes it to NCBs but has made most of the SBWies.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Scamp knows lots.
I concur.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1710587

So... I've been playing phoenix wright a lot lately...

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Thanks to the people defending me.

Delphiki, man. Just back off now, and back away slowly. You don't know the extent of the powers that you're dealing with.

Besides, I thought that going to a SBW would be something to be commended. How many people bother to make the trip outside of Sac and FTA? And you want to criticize me for ONLY going to one (so far)?

I mean, I've played games with you personally. Half the panel can't say that.

(And I beat Azen once.)

The King

Smash Ace
All right, I'm sure Lunin will edit the first post with this list once he comes online, but for now I'll just post it here. The panel has collected and tallied their votes, and our newest NCPR list for Feb. 2007 is out. Enjoy.

1. Isai
2. Simna
3. Bob$
4. Luninspectra
5. Aznspikes
6. Bootle of Water
7. Silent Scepter
8. Zelgadis
9. Mr. 9-Stock
10. Yen
11. Zhu
12. Silent Spectre
13. Clod Zero
14. Zoap
15. Scamp
16. Sidefx
17. The Salinas Champion
18. Foxroar
19. Ragado
20. Kizzogirl
21. Silent Sphincter
22. Hella
23. Germ
24. Nintendoking**
25. WoW
666. Mike666
As you can see, some drastic decisions were made. But because we felt that we were a panel of the people, for the people, we should listen to the people when formulating our newest list. Point by point:
--Due to an overwhelming force assuring the panel that Ness was in fact top tier, and citing several sources that Simna is in fact best Ness, we realized that a drastic improvement in his spot would need to be immediately implemented into the next list to reflect Simna (and Ness's) potential. The only reason he missed out on the #1 spot was the overriding clause that Isai is too good.
--Due to strong support from upstanding members of NorCal such as Dread within the "best characters of norcal" thread, we realized the absurdity of not putting someone such as Bootle (who was clearly master of about 40% of the characters played here in norcal) higher up the list. Hence his ascension to the #6 spot.
--We figured that, because we want our list to hold as much credibility as possible, the holder of the #10 spot should be someone who's gaming tag most closely rhymes with the spot he/she is procuring. Hence, Yen was our best candidate.
--Some controversy arose with placing Zoap above Scamp, who is then directly above Sidefx. But we as a panel decided that past history should override any and all more recent acheivements. Hence the order of our spots #14, 15 and 16.
--Even more difficulty arose with deciding where to place the brothers Scepter, Spectre and Sphincter. After all's said and done, we decided the placings on 2 levels. One was the overall quality, humor and taste that each name presented itself to the community, and the other was just good old alphabetizaion.
--World of Warcraft is truly amazing, and in the end, it cynched our #25 spot.
--The placing of Mike666 on our list has no bearing whatsoever of his overall skill level within the ranks of NorCal. That's just his number, he does what he pleases with it.
I hope you are all pleased with the panelists' newest revision of the NCPR, and please, let the discussion ensue.

**W00T NINTENDOKING 2 POINTS!

King Out

Zoap

Smash Master
Scamp said:
I mean, I've played games with you personally. Half the panel can't say that.
Actually Me, Btzo and Sheridan along with your self have played him so it is more that half O_O :laugh: :psycho:

And as a side note, King isn't joking, thats why this list took friggin 4 months to make people so you better **** well be happy wit it :p

mike666

Smash Apprentice
All right, I'm sure Lunin will edit the first post with this list once he comes online, but for now I'll just post it here. The panel has collected and tallied their votes, and our newest NCPR list for Feb. 2007 is out. Enjoy.

1. Isai
2. Simna
3. Bob$
4. Luninspectra
5. Aznspikes
6. Bootle of Water
7. Silent Scepter
8. Zelgadis
9. Mr. 9-Stock
10. Yen
11. Zhu
12. Silent Spectre
13. Clod Zero
14. Zoap
15. Scamp
16. Sidefx
17. The Salinas Champion
18. Foxroar
19. Ragado
20. Kizzogirl
21. Silent Sphincter
22. Hella
23. Germ
24. Nintendoking**
25. WoW

King Out
can we add a 666 spot? So it would be like 1,2,3.....25,666. Due to obvious reasons I think it's only right that I have that spot :)

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
--We figured that, because we want our list to hold as much credibility as possible, the holder of the #10 spot should be someone who's gaming tag most closely rhymes with the spot he/she is procuring. Hence, Yen was our best candidate.
I love that reasoning. Where do you come up with this stuff.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
dude wtf you cant put silent sphincter too low. its so much more clever than spectre! i dont care that E comes before H in the alphabet, they're very very close together in the dictionary. i demand that silent sphincter be placed atleast 42 spots higher!

HylianLord

Smash Ace

1. Isai
2. Simna
3. Bob$
4. Luninspectra
5. Aznspikes
6. Bootle of Water
7. Silent Scepter
8. Zelgadis
9. Mr. 9-Stock
10. Yen
11. Zhu
12. Silent Spectre
13. Clod Zero
14. Zoap
15. Scamp
16. Sidefx
17. The Salinas Champion
18. Foxroar
19. Ragado
20. Kizzogirl
21. Silent Sphincter
22. Hella
23. Germ
24. Nintendoking**
25. WoW
666. Mike666
As you can see, some drastic decisions were made. But because we felt that we were a panel of the people, for the people, we should listen to the people when formulating our newest list. Point by point:
--Due to an overwhelming force assuring the panel that Ness was in fact top tier, and citing several sources that Simna is in fact best Ness, we realized that a drastic improvement in his spot would need to be immediately implemented into the next list to reflect Simna (and Ness's) potential. The only reason he missed out on the #1 spot was the overriding clause that Isai is too good.
--Due to strong support from upstanding members of NorCal such as Dread within the "best characters of norcal" thread, we realized the absurdity of not putting someone such as Bootle (who was clearly master of about 40% of the characters played here in norcal) higher up the list. Hence his ascension to the #6 spot.
--Some controversy arose with placing Zoap above Scamp, who is then directly above Sidefx. But we as a panel decided that past history should override any and all more recent acheivements. Hence the order of our spots #14, 15 and 16.
--Even more difficulty arose with deciding where to place the brothers Scepter, Spectre and Sphincter. After all's said and done, we decided the placings on 2 levels. One was the overall quality, humor and taste that each name presented itself to the community, and the other was just good old alphabetizaion.
--World of Warcraft is truly amazing, and in the end, it cynched our #25 spot.
--The placing of Mike666 on our list has no bearing whatsoever of his overall skill level within the ranks of NorCal. That's just his number, he does what he pleases with it.
I hope you are all pleased with the panelists' newest revision of the NCPR, and please, let the discussion ensue.

**W00T NINTENDOKING 2 POINTS!

King Out
so uh... i'm guessing people agreed that jigglypuff is just too good to be on the rankings XD?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
OMFGLOLOLOLOL @ list, haha "The Salinas Champion" XDXD.

Also I think uh....yeah I played Delphiki or Sac people or w/e u were talking about scamp, as has Hyuga and Zoap (yeah zoap already posted this i just wanted to comment on the top 25 haha)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Rey, I forgot your email, so I sent my list to you in a PM. Check your PM's!!!

New list very soon everyone.

Ian

Smash Ace
after everyones list is given hwo do you decide who goes wherE? say Sheirdan puts bootle @ 14th and lunin puts him @ 25th...where will he go?

SuperRad

Smash Master
after everyones list is given hwo do you decide who goes wherE? say Sheirdan puts bootle @ 14th and lunin puts him @ 25th...where will he go?
its a point system. sheridan's placing of 14th would give bootle 12 pts and Lunin's placing gives him 1 pt. you sum up the points for everyone and then rank them according to points earned. To calculate the value of a placing its just 26-n, where n is the place from 1-25.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
zomg NK has two points bishes. Oh and the only person I haven't played on the panel is LunIn.

Scamp I said that I prolly didn't know what I was talking about so don't take what I said very seriously.

And what the hell? The list should start like this:

Isai. Isai
1. Simna

And so on. Isai gets his own spot, he's beyond number 1. In fact, hes too good for numbers. Isai for Isai place!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
NK has four points bishes!! He should really stop losing to players that are worse than him. NK if you would always play at your fullest (not with Ness 0_o) you prolly would have made the list.

Wow Geo took one hell of a hit. Hopefully he'll start showing up more and prove his worth. I think Kev$ deserves his spot though.

Go DM!! Hell yeah, I was hoping he would make the list. He's sooooo good. Meep at 16 too, good ****.

Top Bottom