• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Zoap

Smash Master
1: SS ($88.00)
2: Foxroar ($55.00)
3: King ($35.00)
4: Tang
5: Hella
5: FMF
7: Snap
7: ShadowBTZO
9: MC Mike
9: Zoap
9: Bernard
9: Luninspectra
13: Inks
13: Mike666
13: Sidefx
13: ProdigyKid
17: Mikkuz
17: Rage
17: Serendepity
17: AznDanny
17: Bootle
17: Hyuga
17: Dreads
17: Ice
25: Sfat
25: PHD
25: Tim
25: Afro Justin
25: Black Mage
25: Ian
Total Pot: 178.00
Thanks to: ShadowBTZO,Hyuga,FMF,Tang,Snap and MCMike for providing me with matchups so I could recreate the bracket. I will send the file to Neal so it can be archived. Also I just used your regular Tags and not what you signed up as. Like BTZO was butters something and Rage was something else.

EDIT: Ill be doing Teams and Items next. Again if I AIM u then plz give me all you know.

Snap

Smash Ace
hahaha o that makes me laugh ill forgive u snap just cuz were friends lol
lol ok thx bro

you don't post that much so i couldnt remember

EDIT:

I think it's worth noting that Hyuga went only Game and Watch that tournament.

It was a lonely day for jigglypuff, having been abandoned by both King and Hyuga.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
lol ok thx bro

you don't post that much so i couldnt remember

EDIT:

I think it's worth noting that Hyuga went only Game and Watch that tournament.

It was a lonely day for jigglypuff, having been abandoned by both King and Hyuga.
Lol its ok no hard feelings

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
Srry for the double post but i must say my votes for best norcal characters is by FAR more accurate then all the rest

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
looked like SS moonwalked his way to victory again! haha.

Sigh... too bad i missed it... but another biweekly this weekend again right?!

Zoap

Smash Master
1: Hella+King ($75.00)
2: SS+Tang ($45.00)
3: Falcomist+Lunin ($30.00)
4: Isai+Bob$
5: Bernard+Mike666
5: BTZO+Mikkuz
7: Sidefx+AznDanny
7: MCMike+Inks
9: Bootle+Fire
9: PHD+ProdigyKid
9: Kawn+Zoap
9: Foxroar+Hyuga
13: Little Kids
13:Sfat+Blakmage
13: Rage+Mari
13: Matt+ArticStorm

Teams, as you can see is not quite as clear as singles was. Missing team #1 played Foxroar+Sheridan and Missing Team#2 played Jeff and Tang. Then there is also the "Little Kids" who played Isai and Bob first round but due to no paper I dont have names. I ll wait 2 days b4 sending this to neal if anyone claims to be one of the three up there. If not Ill leave them annoynomus

Items should be fun lol

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
i had a good time at the biweekly, watching KOF videos, i enjoyed watching people just throw their money away lol

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
4: Isai+Bob$
5: Bernard+Mike666
9: Missing Team#1
9: Kawn+Zoap
13: Missing Team#2

Teams, as you can see is not quite as clear as singles was. Missing team #1 played Foxroar+Sheridan and Missing Team#2 played Jeff and Tang. Then there is also the "Little Kids" who played Isai and Bob first round but due to no paper I dont have names. I ll wait 2 days b4 sending this to neal if anyone claims to be one of the three up there. If not Ill leave them annoynomus

Items should be fun lol
Missing team #1 = Prod + PHD kthxbai

And stop making me play foxroarrrrrrrr

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Oh lol well nvm then.
Haha loser.

Just a few notes about tournament ;) :
There was ALOT of controversy about the rules and everything, I think the rules NEED to be established before the next tournament. Because of the rules I think it made the tournament go a little slower, but it worked out fine eventually.

LunInSpectra said:
BTZO will probably move to SF and turn into an asian--I see it happening already.
LOLOLOL wtf uh thx...i think >.> haha, seriously though Rey, you've always been like my favorite smasher to watch and see succeed (along with Jeff haha). You might be in a slump right now, but I hope soon everything works out, I mean I did make a comeback on 1 stock I guess, but still that was yours. Good luck in future tournaments, hope to see you back soon ;D. I think it's just pressure getting to you or something, ur still as hella good as ever haha.

MC Mike: I *** wit u alot kid, but that was some impressive sh*t Saturday, gj. I wouldn't take this as a reason to ease up though, step it up mangz ;P

blakmage

Smash Apprentice
The other missing team was me and SFAT.

Oh and also, there was one recorded match on my laptop that I wasn't sure who it was of. It was a green falco and marth.

Zoap

Smash Master
4: Big Strong Legs(Isai+Bob$)
5: Knights of San Jose(Bernard+Mike666)
9: PHD+ProdigyKid
9: Spamuel L. Jackson(Kawn+Zoap)
13:Sfat+Blakmage

Ok so just the "Little Kids" left if they even post here, Next if you guys want to give me the teams names ill change all of them then send it to neal. As of right now I know two of the team names(My own team and Mike666+Bernard). Ill also give everyone 2 days to get back to me.

The rules are pretty I dont know lol. So yea Ill bring my version and see what ppl think

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
something similar happened to me when I called him. A girl picked up and I asked if bob was there. She just mumbled something and hung up. Speaking of which I forgot how good the music in guilty gear is.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Guilty Gear XX has the second best OST of all time (2nd to FFVI) IMO....Still in the Dark, Noontide, Holy Orders, and Blue Water Blue Sky are some of the best songs to ever be in a video game.

Hey all you people that like board games, I think we should try this game called Arimaa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arimaa

Brief summary:

It was developed from chess, and can be played wtih chess pieces; the object is to advance a rabbit (pawn) to your opponent's top row. At the beginning of the game you can setup the 16 pieces (the pieces are, in order of descending strength: Elephant, Camel, Horse x 2, Dog x 2, Cat x 2, Rabbit x 8) in any way you want in your two home rows. Each turn consists of 4 moves. A move consists of moving a piece to an adjacent (but not diagonal) square (except rabbits which may only move forward). In the course of the game, stronger pieces can push or pull weaker ones (which costs 2 moves). Pieces are captured if moved onto trap tiles, unless they are adjacent to a friendly piece. If a piece is adjacent to only enemy pieces which are stronger, it is 'frozen,' and is unfrozen if a friendly piece is moved adjacent to it, or the stronger enemy pieces are moved away.

The motive behind its development was apparently (after Deep Blue defeated Kasparov) to create a game that computers would find difficult to play, or at least, substantially more difficult than chess.

So yeah, next smashfest where many of us game fans are present (I'm looking at Scamp, Nemesis, Ender, Simna, etc), I think we should give it a few runs.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
Guilty Gear XX has the second best OST of all time (2nd to FFVI) IMO....Still in the Dark, Noontide, Holy Orders, and Blue Water Blue Sky are some of the best songs to ever be in a video game.

Hey all you people that like board games, I think we should try this game called Arimaa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arimaa

Brief summary:

It was developed from chess, and can be played wtih chess pieces; the object is to advance a rabbit (pawn) to your opponent's top row. At the beginning of the game you can setup the 16 pieces (the pieces are, in order of descending strength: Elephant, Camel, Horse x 2, Dog x 2, Cat x 2, Rabbit x 8) in any way you want in your two home rows. Each turn consists of 4 moves. A move consists of moving a piece to an adjacent (but not diagonal) square (except rabbits which may only move forward). In the course of the game, stronger pieces can push or pull weaker ones (which costs 2 moves). Pieces are captured if moved onto trap tiles, unless they are adjacent to a friendly piece. If a piece is adjacent to only enemy pieces which are stronger, it is 'frozen,' and is unfrozen if a friendly piece is moved adjacent to it, or the stronger enemy pieces are moved away.

The motive behind its development was apparently (after Deep Blue defeated Kasparov) to create a game that computers would find difficult to play, or at least, substantially more difficult than chess.

So yeah, next smashfest where many of us game fans are present (I'm looking at Scamp, Nemesis, Ender, Simna, etc), I think we should give it a few runs.
lol! oh man... this is interesting... I've never heard of this before... Bring your ds on saturday too so we can play Tetris =). I'll def be there this saturday unless some major catastrophe occurs... which i hope doesn't...

I havent had a chance to play settlers in a while too... does anyone have a set they can bring to the ncb?

Zoap

Smash Master
****it if this makes me dbl post. Anyways, I love chess, settlers confused me and this new game sounds kinda fun. But lets just stick to chess, am I Right ? :)

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
AFAIK this game already exists and it's called Go.

Top Bottom