• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
if there is one on the 26th...i can't go ahaha next one maybe +_+' nuuuuu i wanna get beat up by falcomist agen! hahaha darn u and ur never ending lasers from HELL!

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
So. I expectorize that I will suicide a total of 9 times during tourney matches (not on purpose) and yet somehow I'll still be able to make it to 9th place. Expectations or predictions, you decided!!!

And one more thing. Team DRGNK is gonna take this **** all the way home to the bank.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
....... looks like I don't have work Saturday : ).

$5 for teams (each)
$6 for singles

Teams start at 12, and singles shortly after. Doors open at around 8:30 to get some friendlies in.

Money will be taken out for NCT2 fund and "club tax", but people who don't actually win money in teh tournaments shouldn't really worry about that haha.

Also, I'm going to take $5 from first place winner so I can buy a burrito. BURN!! Kizzo and Karthik are back. Make Me A Sandwich!!

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
haha yes, biweekly this saturday, and cheaper............ima be there hopefully

anyone want to team???? I use falco and jiggly, but i mostly use jiggly in doubles...i could go for a few friendlies before you make your decision

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord

$5 for teams (each)
$6 for singles

Teams start at 12, and singles shortly after. Doors open at around 8:30 to get some friendlies in.

Money will be taken out for NCT2 fund and "club tax", but people who don't actually win money in teh tournaments shouldn't really worry about that haha.

Also, I'm going to take $5 from first place winner so I can buy a burrito. BURN!! Kizzo and Karthik are back. Make Me A Sandwich!!
Ok but how much is going to be taken out for NCT 2? It'd be helpful so we know how much we are actually putting into the pot;) heh.

Also would you guys like me to help out with the brackets or do you have it covered? I'll do it if you guys want it's fine with me, helps speed things up a bit, and it would help to number the tvs again and leave some for friendlies, speeds up the tournament alot.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Return of the Kizz--I mean Return of Dark Mike. Yes. Lol I'm jk Kizzo.
BiWeeklies are back! Entrant Fees leave my wallet heavy now! Yes!

LOL NidoKing, you see what Kizzo did at OC2? Iono if YOU should moneymatch him, maybe me first. Kizzo lets play a MM for $.50!

SuperRad

Smash Master
ack its only like 10% that ill make this
and i probably wont be able to make another tourney till NCT2.
=(

if i do go, ill probably do doubles this time. if anyone still needs a teammate at this thing when i show up ill probably be asking around.
ill probably do a couple low cost money matches too, like $1 or $.50 haha

if i dont make it, hopefully ill try to make the next one (the 9th hopefully =D)

Art?

Smash Journeyman
thanks to falcomist, whiteboyninja, neo soul, prodigykid, afrojustin, mike666, nekurbis, and raves for showing up to my house for the mini smashfest. everyone had lots of fun. gay @ captain down-throw not being able to make it. i'll be at the biweekly this sat.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Even though a dollar will be taken out of every one's entrance fees, everyone is still welcome to donate additional money! Anyone that donates over $10 for NCT2 will get a complementary shell keychain made on Marina Beach in Chennai, India and the highest donater will win free Singles entry for NCT2. :psycho:

BTZO, if you could take over the callout-work while I play, that'd be cool. :laugh:

I got back to the US last night after a safe flight. It was good stuff.

mike666

Smash Apprentice

$5 for teams (each)
$6 for singles

Kizzo and Karthik, I say you guys do crew battle at 11 am, and start teams at 1. I think it's worth to end the tournament an hour later in order to have crews in the morning.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Kizzo and Karthik, I say you guys do crew battle at 11 am, and start teams at 1. I think it's worth to end the tournament an hour later in order to have crews in the morning.
We could do that. It just depends on whether everyone gets themselves to the tournament floor in time. I don't know how the crew battle is working. Whoever ran the last couple of crew battles, talk to me.

Was it draft crews (10 v 10)/the way we did them when I was there?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
BTZO, if you could take over the callout-work while I play, that'd be cool. :laugh:

I got back to the US last night after a safe flight. It was good stuff.
Haha I was planning on doing that anyways but okay. Also I'd say to do what Mike did and number the tvs, cuz the way I'd have it was no friendlies on the tournament tvs, and leave 2-3 open for friendlies, makes the tournament run much faster, and if we are doing good on time I usually allowed people to do friendlies on even more tvs, it worked out well at the past few biweeklies so yeah...Oh and it was 10v10 draft crews.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Haha I was planning on doing that anyways but okay. Also I'd say to do what Mike did and number the tvs, cuz the way I'd have it was no friendlies on the tournament tvs, and leave 2-3 open for friendlies, makes the tournament run much faster, and if we are doing good on time I usually allowed people to do friendlies on even more tvs, it worked out well at the past few biweeklies so yeah...Oh and it was 10v10 draft crews.
Alright, we'll number the TVs. That idea was actually brought up at like the very first NCB, but we never came around to do it, haha. Did you guys do alternates on top of the 10 on each team?

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Alright, we'll number the TVs. That idea was actually brought up at like the very first NCB, but we never came around to do it, haha. Did you guys do alternates on top of the 10 on each team?
Well we never really got around to doing 10v10 just because there was never enough people to do it really. First we did 8v8 with 2 alternates, then it was 6v6 with 2 alternates, which both worked pretty well. Draft crews needs to start AT 11 though, we started at 12 last time and that delayed the tournament alot, also starting at 11 gave everyone time for a lunch break, which I'm sure some people were glad to have (me:p haha).

RPK

Smash Lord
$120 by the 28th of october...hmm...just ask the people that come in for a buck to just get in the room =3 that way its assured that you can reach that amount by then. and if theyre flat broke >.< let them in anyways =P

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
i'm not reading 180 pages >_<

thanks for the info
Haha, no they were just saying that because it was on the previous page (188 not exactly previous now though:chuckle: ).

RPK: Uh...Karthik was saying it would be that much to top NK (thank you btw if Karthik hasn't said it enough already:chuckle: ), not that we need it in order to have NCT2;) heh.

Oh yeah SonicWYTE (MC Mike now haha) is returning after his hiatus from smash due to his gf lol, so yeah, he might need a partner if he does teams, so talk to him, I'll try to convince him to post or somethin.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Wow, so many posts after I leave for a week.

Did anyone find my duct-tape wallet?

Top Bottom