• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
well... at least i didn't get dead last like i said. shoutouts:

zack/zach: fun friendlies w/ you. your peach needs variation.

frotaz and partner: nice team friendies against you guys. sorry frotaz's partner i forgot your name.

kev$: really close matches. i've seen you play before and i felt as though you should've beat me.

btzo: yeah, sheik dittos are gay, but you still came out on top. next time i'll step it up.

mike(666): go to hell.

alaric (lunin's little brother): smash prodigy in the making. heh, you beat me the first match with your fox. you have more tech skill with your fox than most pros; however, your mindgames are definitely lacking (and so are mine). i'm sure your brother will be able to help you out in that area. pretty soon you'll be the youngest pro smasher out there.

to anyone i forgot: good game.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Biweekly Status

Here's what's up..

The biweeklies stopped in the first place because I got a job at Great America that required me to work on the weekends -> I couldn't host anymore tournaments. Mike666 picked up where I left off and held more biweeklies during the summer, all the way til the last biweekly that happened just yesturday (Saturday) [well at least I think it was the last one... whatever].

Right now, I'm trying to get this job at the bookstore on campus. I'm already hired as a "temp", but if I get "perminent" status, I can continue to host biweeklies for us all. Otherwise, I'm gonna continue to work my Great America job on the weekends -> no more biweeklies.

So it all basically depends on whether or not I get the bookstore job. I hope you all have a nice day. I miss seeing you guys. See you at OC2. Shasha.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
alright my shoutouts! be ready for long post...

mike, thanks for taking these over for the summer. i really appreciate it, and im sure so did everyone else!
shadow, thanks for keeping the tourny running and getting those brackets up. the tourny was, as always, a fun time.

scamp, thanks for being my last mine doubles partner. sorry i didnt do so great, im actually starting to work on my doubles game with my friends, i should do quite a bit better next time!

to the people i played againt...
snap and zoap, you guys crushed us. snap you're amazing, never played your game and watch before! you had the only 4 stock on me that day, i didnt play SS haha. gg, though.
**** and knoc, ganon doubles are crazy, and ya got us. well done.
^ sorry, smashboards wont let me type your name out. im sure you know who you are though. *edit*

ender, i think this is the second time ive played you, and you've killed me both times. thats OK though, you're just a better player than me. you deserved the win!
sdfx, once i saw i was against you next i figured i was a gonner, you're pretty good. i actually did better against you than i expected. GG.

to everyone i played friendlies against, it was fun.
justin, you were so close...but you didnt get it! and if i improve at all you'll never 4 stock me...i hope! haha
frotaz, you're a lot of fun. i actually did OK against you, so long as i could start the combo...wow those fairs are killer though @_@
zhu you get me every time, but if you dont get much practice i might catch up eventually! look out haha
pink, its always a pleasure. but nooo green greens does not count as a level because you can down throw rest combo! thats a hax move ;)
sorry i didnt MM you rage, but im not really confident in my skills...plus i didnt have 50 cents on me.
sinma, you're amazing considering the low tier...i wouldnt be supprised that if you didnt play ness, he'd be 1 lower on the tier list! i love seeing you stand up to high and top tier characters like that.
sheridan, you slaughtered me but i didnt expect anything else haha.
im sure i friendlied more people, but its hard to remember everyone...

to those i talked to but didnt friendly...
nintendoking, man you're loud, but having a few people like that around makes things all the more fun.
silentspectre, you're awesome as always. still wanting to come to SF =D
king, your puff is probably the best there is. its absolutly amazing!
zelgadis, you plus king and your winning streak at the end...you didnt lose anything! it was incredible, i was impressed at how you really took it up a notch.
boo, man watching you bowser ditto with SS was certainly one of the most entertaining matches i saw. its pretty awesome how you took him to his last stock over 100%...and no that fight wasnt embarrassing. SS is just imba. he needs a nerf >_>
superrad, it was great talking to you. its nice to see that im not the only one who doesnt win many matches hehe. keep working on it and you'll be competitive soon!

i apologize, i just read this through and noticed loads of typos. try to ignore them *edit*

to everyone else, it was fun as always!

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Results For 8/12:

Singles
1. Zelgadis
2. King
3. Tang
4. SilentSpectre
5. Napolean Giovanni Mendoza Guevela
5. Sheridin
7. Simna ibn Sind
7. Frotaz
9. Mike666
9. ShadowBTZO
9. Turtle Master Kurtis
9. El Rhagadieu
13. Zhu
13. Kev$
13. Snap
13. Zoap
17. Falcomist
17. Afro Justin
17. Hella
17. SideFX
17. NintendoKing
17. Zach
17. Art
17. Yen
25. Bootle of Water
25. Cracker Jack Big Pop
25. Rave
25. Ky
25. Ender
25. B
25. Dred
25. PHD
33. Thizz
33. Greg
33. Aria
33. Figs
33. Ice
33. Prodigy Kid
33. Cambiz Guy
33. Kaid
33. Brian
33. Pink

Teams
1. Too Fuking Good(Zelgadis & King)
2. No(SilentSpectre & Tang)
3. Aimbot((Lunin & El Rhagadieu)
4. Mixed Nuts II(Hiryusouljah & Frotaz)
5. Pur On The Go, Just Do It(Mike666 & ShadowBTZO)
5. Oh Snap Dont Drop the Zoap(Snap & Zoap)
7. Mr. Tibbs(Kev$ & Geo)
7. Whatever(Yen & Zach)
9. Chocolate Herpes(Ender & Simna ibn Sind)
9. Suck My Back(Nekurbis & Falcomist)
9. Cok Knock(B & Greg)
9. Slippery When Wet(SideFX & NintendoKing)
13. Triforce of Dino(Jose & Daniel)
13. IDK(Kyle & Scott)
13. Gay-AssHat(Scamp & ICE)
13. M & M(Prodigy & PHD)
17. Mofukas(Bootle of Water & Dred)

x_cal

Smash Cadet
Is this X_CAL any good? I'll be a second year at UCLA this coming year. I know that Aesis will be going to UCLA (manacloud almost went, but is going to UCI instead since it's closer to his home). Last year I was, by far, the best Smasher at UCLA (for both 64 and Melee, and probably best at Halo 2 as well). The tournies last year really sucked, run by complete idiots, I had to convince them to turn off team attack and items, but it was still 7 stock on Temple -_- Anyways, this next year one of my friends will be in charge of running the tournaments, she's pretty good with Sheik and she knows how to run a standard tourney (with my help), so UCLA will actually have GOOD tournies next year :p
Didn't I PM you before? >_> Either way, if you are as good as you told me (around foxroar's level), then you can prolly beat me, because I've never beaten him and I haven't played smash since god knows when... :( I'm glad to know there's someone to play with at college though :)

gundamboi

Smash Apprentice
weeee here's the falcomist ^^

lunin: cheap *** back throw shines sigh... lol oh well and ur DK is nothing to me lol ^^

BTZO: fun team matches we had with SS and kurtis lol SLOW MO smash lol.

Nekurbis: partner wasnt so bad we did alrite but we can do much better and thx for the friendlies.

Sheridan: jiggs too good got scared facing it with falco cause it pretty good and very smart mind games.

Zel: DAM IT DUDE UR LAST ONE sigh... didnt even friendly but hey see u at NCT2

Yen: omg i suck at smash and yes i cheat too cause i have lasers and falco is a cheap char with lasers lol

Sidefx: IC's too good man u should be owning my falco

Zhu: haha sadly we had to face each other in tourney lol sucks cause we know each others style of playing lol

Snap: WTF MAN ur too good great friendlies of course and umm what about me in blue phoenixes lol.

Frotaz: dam it stop winnin with ganon too good -_- lol

Crew battle : Major fluke on my part gettnig 9 stock off -_- really lucky i say but hey maybe next crew battle i wont be so lucky

King: Dude ur too good haha too bad u got upsmash to Upair and died to Zel lol.

SS: great friendlies too bad werent enough

Tang: MVC2 all the way lol

RPK

Smash Lord
*shrugs* lol I suck at 1v1s you had to taunt me during my tourney match...thats messed up >.< besides theyre all 33rd place so you shouldnt be gloating ¬_¬

SuperRad

Smash Master
*shrugs* lol I suck at 1v1s you had to taunt me during my tourney match...thats messed up >.< besides theyre all 33rd place so you shouldnt be gloating ¬_¬
if theres a NCB next weekend ill try to make it. we can play mancala and smash. hopefully ill win mancala to make up for getting owned in smash <_<

and i know that you are better then me <_< i just like to act like i dont

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
rey i think ur cookies gave me a stomach ache....=_=...hahah jk maybe i'll bring cookies next time for item matches...juss maybe >_>

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd juss like to say thanks to everyone for coming, and I'm glad we finished faster than last time. We even had time for a 1 hour break (4:00-5:00), after teams. I'm kinda tired though, I went to sleep around 6:30 this morning and woke up around 3:30, and I'm still tired...haha so shout-outs later.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that showed up to this biweekly, and the past ones that I hosted. I couldnt have done this without the support from you guys, so thanks to all that showed!

Shadow- Man where do I start? Yea I kno you got all the KOs in teams, but like I said I built up their percents. See, I got the hidden stat, "Assist", it's actually a stat in the game, but only the guys who get all the assists can see it :laugh: Even though no one understands the complexity of our team name, it is still hands down the best team name ever. And, if we ever team up again, lets do pimp & ho again - too genius. Who knows, if foxroar doesnt show up again, then just holla at ya boi. Oh and thanks for convincing me to do singles, I usually wont do singles cuz its not as interesting as teams for me, but your right, it was the last biweekly I hosted so might as well ryte? And thanks for doin all the brackets, and pretty much running the whole thing. Seriously, the biweeklies would not have run smoothly if it wasnt for you, and I really appreciate that. And next time, we'll make sure nobody turns off the Wild 949 music, I mean who really likes smash music anyways???

Scamp- You may not be the greatest smasher in the world, but if there was an award for the funniest smasher, I think you'd win that award without a doubt! I mean, who in their minds sets up a kill for their team mate and then after it's successful, says "that's the lamest kill I ever seen. Anyone can do that". Or what about the time you decided to start killing me, your own team mate cuz "I had too many lives"....wow.....but the one that tops it all and I will never forget, the one that makes you the funniest guy ever......counterpicking with DK against Gannon, choosing Flat Zone, and getting 4 - stocked with only 37%. I mean that really deserves an applause. And, you were the only guy to ever do a moonwalk with sheik! I mean it was so complex and crazy, that you cant even put into words how to do it. Maybe if you stop taking crack, you can remember. Your just too good man, I dont think any other smasher has made me laugh so hard :laugh:

Nekurbis- Suck my back!!! But seriously, I dont recall you ever answering Zelgadis' question: "Are you the gayest straight guy or the straightest gay guy?" I think the people deserve to know the answer, it is very important. I mean who calls themself Turtle Master Kurtis? We should definitely play some smash at your house again though, those were good times.

Snap- What can I say? You aint nothin but a true gangsta. You Berkely gangstas are so hard that you wear slippers. I dont kno though, some of your comments had me a little worried. I mean, you thought I had said ballsack when what I really said was boback.....clearly your mind was somewhere else. Maybe you and Nekurbis should hook up or something, but just a heads up: you gotta be good at sucking backs, cuz I heard Nekurbis is into that kinda stuff. And seriously, dont be so racist, it's not nice to ask people where they're from. Both Zoap and I know that deep down, you aint nothin but a racist bastrd. Haha just playin.

Zoap- Dude, I dont know how to say this, so I'll just use the same words you used, "Good matches man" haha. Where's the Zoap that was so happy at the beginning of our match, looked over and shook my hand??? And that was before our set was even over. Look at it this way, now you know not every falco player is into combos alone, there's some guys out there that actually use the laser. Think of it as practice for all future falco matches you might encounter.

Lunin/SheridIn- Thanks for the top 5 cookies, and thanks for helping me out in the monring. I told you moving the couch would get you top 5. Oh, and Im still not talking to you :mad:

King- Thanks for giving me some teams advice, I'll try to use it the next time I play teams. But you should stop sneaking up on other people like that, it's not very nice.....oh and good luck at OC2, Im sure you'll do just fine.

Zelgadis- Congrats on getting first in singles and teams! Too bad your moving though, norcal wont be the same without you. You're one of the originals that helped put us on the map. And good luck at OC2, I'm sure they'll all be blind after they get done playing you.

Art- Go to hell? Not sure if thats sarcasm, but just wanted to say good matches. I never knew you had a sheik, I was expecting falcon on that first match. But hey, we should get together again with Kurtis and Afro Justin, those were some good matches we had.

David- Im really happy I could help you get that bookstore job before I quit, talk about perfect timing! Remember, just work your butt off and they'll keep you. Oh, and btw, your hella good.

Just want to also say thanks to anyone else that I got a chance to play with. More than likely, I will still try and attend some future biweeklies, if they do happen, but I dont think I'll be hosting again.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
The tourney was cool and all, but reminscing over past pop culture such as music and TV with Trebor Zach Boback and Dan was the ****. LULEULULULUL <--- Puddies attack!!

CHOP DUH GAWLIC!!

Art?

Smash Journeyman
Art- Go to hell? Not sure if thats sarcasm, but just wanted to say good matches. I never knew you had a sheik, I was expecting falcon on that first match.
lol, yeah man it's sarcasm. it's all in good fun. i'm not mad. however, i DO want revenge. :chuckle: yeah, let's get together again with kurtis and smash.

sidefx

Smash Champion
LUNIN mm! i want your sheik.

you wont use your fox or falco or falcon anymore. so

i want your sheik.. or marth =D

that goes for anyone else too.. any and all mm's are being accepted

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Scamp- You may not be the greatest smasher in the world, but if there was an award for the funniest smasher, I think you'd win that award without a doubt!
Don't forget about the Jiggly revolution.

Anyway, I think I'd lose for funniest smasher to NY Dave, or DA Dave. He's even the funniest player when he's not playing, as anyone who was at MLG Anaheim can account for.

Maybe it's just the name: Dave.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Important double post.

Did anyone find a duct tape wallet? That's a wallet made of duct tape. Perhaps I left it in the couch?

It's got my ID in it and everything.

Raves

Smash Apprentice
biweekly was cool. woot.

figs- yo, its nice meeting you. gotta pretty nice marth.
bootleofwater- lol...bowser... bowser rules..(cept against jiggly =D)
yen- yay, i finally got to play you! and i lost horribly! see you @ ivans sometime hopefully.
rage- you are suprisely good. O.O like..whoa. smash prodigy in the making.
lunin- O.O stop being so... good...!
nintendoking- didn't get to play you, but you're loud as hell. lol.
kurtis- i need to play you some time! and you're loud too. =D
and yea, can't really remember who else, but its was probably good stuff.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
anyone that isn't goin' to 0C2 that lives in 408 or reasonable driving distance wanna get together and smash?

Figs

Smash Apprentice
I have never seen such a long line at 2 am at Jack in the Box o.O I have also never seen three different guys hit on the same white girl too, hahaha. Gosh, I really have to go to another one of these, and maybe this time talk a little o.O

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Hey, thanks to everyone that has ever came to an NCB. Haha, I hope everyone here knows about NCT2: The Big One, you'd be crazy not to right? Haha, well Fremont's having fundraiser tournaments for the Big One, please check out the thread on these boards.

It'll be at a person's garage, which isn't very large, but I hope that a significant amount of you can make it so we can raise enough money for the Big One. Just a few tournaments should help. So 3 of these are being planned, with the first kicking off at Fremont.

SPECIAL THANKS

I want to especially thank KFC for proposing to donate $30, you're truly awesome man.

Special thanks to NintendoKing for also proposing to donate some cash for NCT.

And the last but not least special thanks to LunInSpectra for proposing to donate the pot money if he wins 1st at the first of the fundraiser tournaments. That's too good. Thanks alot.

== Donations Are Open ==

If anyone else wishes to donate, please contact me through AIM or e-mail, or PM me here.

Top Bottom