• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

The King

Smash Ace
I"m not too sure, but why would you need to use windows media maker? I"m not too sure what you use to transfer the footage from vhs tape to computer, but once i've got the files onto my computer, what I do is use Windows Media Encoder to shrink the files down a ton. If in DVD quality, the vids come out to about 30 MB's per match, and you can even shrink them down to about 7-8 MB's per match if you chose VHS quality (which isn't the most crisp, but isn't horrible)
After that, you'd just Zip the matches together into sets, and upload them then. If you have questions about the process, just aim me at Dan85under@aol.com.
Oh, and do you plan to upload more than the finals singles as well tonight? Thank you.

SNKE, I can let you borrow my VCR, as i never use it except to tape matches, which i don't do much at all anymore. Just lemme know...it'll save everyone, including myself, $$$.

King Out

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
That would be good King, thanks.
If you usually bring your VCR to the Biweeklies then that should be a very hassle free process.
and just incase I'm taking more than one person's tape home with me, make sure you label the tape so I know who to give it back to. Ok, now the problem of vids is settled. See ya guys on Saturday.

The Game II

Smash Champion
My computer has froze twice trying to write this so here we go again...

King: I'll look for wm encoder and get back to you. Do you have IM? And I'll be putting up the

SNKE said:
he said something
The fates have ****ing conspired against me to ****ing vent BECAUSE OF THIS ****ING QUOTE written by SNKE. This is the type of **** that makes me just want to stop doing all of this ****ing **** and go back to practicing for DDR tournaments, much more worth my ****ing time. But I like you guys too much to stop doing these, not even ****ING recognizing that I've been at the last 3 NorCal biweeklies, helping out various other majors. Oh yeah, let's say that the bald mutha****a took 25 hours to get MY match online instead of 24 hours GLENN'S NOT QUICK ENOUGH **** HIM LETS GO TO PLAN B COME ON NOW NOW NOW.

Believe me, if I could figure this all out, then everything will be up much faster, and I'll be able to put up 4 years of tournaments on my computer, which have been stored away.

Ok, that felt good. Got that off my chest.

I know some of you have shown love for this, and I thank those players.

Anyway, Danny (BTZO) needs a ride next week because more than likely, whitey's going to flake, so if someone could give him a ride, that'd be great.

--GCII

The King

Smash Ace
Glenn, believe me, none of us here are unappreciative of the effort you put into getting these tourney matches up. Your work has gotten up the last few tournies' worth of vids, are we are grateful. Please don't get us wrong.

The first couple times i tried doing it, it would take quite a while to get all the matches up, so I know how it can be difficult getting the free time to help us all out and upload the vids. If you need any help with the encoding or whatever, give me a shout to Dan85under@aol.com and I'll see what i can do.

As far as the thing with snke, its just that we are of course anxious to see the matches, as since these biweeklies make norcal better every event, and with the level of competition present that day, there were plenty of excellent, intense matches to see. We're not impatient with you, we're just anxious and excited to see them is all. And the time i did the matches (about 50 in all IIRC) i would've killed for someone to help me with the encoding and uploading. Its nothing personal, we just want to make it easier on you.

Edit: also, u had said that the matches (at least 2nd finals) were done, but i'm not sure where to find the link for them. Could u please direct me to them? Thanks very much.

King Out

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Uh....yeah....everyone just wait, I mean, it's been a week, I think everybody can wait another 3 days to get them...I mean, I'm hella anxious to see them myself, but still 3 days isn't going to change anything, without Glenn we might not even have the matches from the past 3 weeks now...so yeah....juss chill.

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
Umm yeah I didn't think you would take my idea the wrong way = (
I was just trying to lift some stess off your shoulders... I was reading your commentary site and it seemed like you've had a few rough turns...
I guess I should have mentioned this in my post before...sorry Glenn =/

The King

Smash Ace
Um. In the file uploaded, with the 2nd Finals that was 3/5, i believe that the 1st & 3rd, as well as the 2nd & 4th matches, are the same match, just different sizes, i.e. 1st = 3rd, 2nd=4th match. Can someone else confirm for me? I"m pretty sure these were the same matches.

King Out

AndyS.

Smash Cadet
djkarthik said:
Money Match Challenges:

AndyS. - $3-5.

Alam - $3-5.

SultanOfSamitude - $3-5.

Do any of you accept?
I'm down. You just want to pwn some noobs, huh? ;)

The Game II

Smash Champion
Ok that made no ****ing sense because I labeled them as I recorded them. That means I have to ****ing go through the finals AGAIN, and I can't do that until the morning.

--GCII

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't want to money match for more than a dollar but I do want to hijack a TV and play hella people.

I will, however, money match for more with the items on.

Anyone down for the old-school challenge?

But actually, play hella people. That's my goal.

AndyS.

Smash Cadet
LunInSpectra said:
AndyS. Lets go. Any amount specified :)

I use:

Fox
Falco
Falcon
Samus
Marth
Sheik
Pikachu

Pick a character. Set an amount. And lets Money Match :)
Surprise me. Regular 2 out of 3 match. Money amount will depend on how I do in practice. Don't wanna lose all my cash in one day. ;)

I use a lot of the same characters you do, so this'll be interesting.

Edit to add: If there's any SJSU Engineering Majors playing, do you think you can take me around to your engineering department? I'd like to apply to SJSU when I graduate.

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
Scamp said:
I don't want to money match for more than a dollar but I do want to hijack a TV and play hella people.

I will, however, money match for more with the items on.

Anyone down for the old-school challenge?

But actually, play hella people. That's my goal.

OMG...SCAMP!!! You're on! member last biweekly? it was too fun! I'll MoneyMatch you! You set the amount! Hell yeah! I've been wanting to challenge ppl myself! :laugh:
Muahahahahahaa!!! if items are on...then thats a whole different story! ;)
i'm lookin forward to our match!

WatchOutForLalo

Smash Rookie
I might be able to bring like 3 or 4 decent smashers. When do these things start and when do they end? And whats the expected turnout for this weekend? MM = money match right? sounds fun

WatchOutForLalo

Smash Rookie
wow id need to be out of there by 6... any chance that will work out?

if TVs are holding you back I can help out maybe. Id also like to watch the whole thing.

The Game II

Smash Champion
got the encoder, and it works, so i'll start taking care of everything once i get back from this meeting about my book.

hopefully i'll have a lot of videos put up today. i'm still trying to figure out the second finals, tho

--GCII

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
If i can make it out there i will money match you zoap, i arrive friday to berkeley,
i havent played you since that one time at pierres house when i came with germ clod and mike nasty, so we will see how much has changed since like 2 years ago

The Game II

Smash Champion
Three more matches are up on my site. Just look for the "NorCal biweekly videos" link.

--GCII

EDIT: they are put on yousendit, so goooooooo get em.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Alright Andy S., we'll do $5 for best out of 3. That's fine.

Rey, did you talk to Jeff yet about the $10:$2 thing? Let me know.

WYTE, SideFX and Nunomg, don't forget about our matches too.

March Madness fans, any takers for George Mason vs. Florida? (I got GMU)

SNKE

Smash Journeyman
ooo I want some yoshi dittos!
Mine is Ok, but Kawn's is better, but I'd still like ditto you...

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Who is soto? whos that other guy? wheres the semi finals and other late tournament matches? hahaha. you know EVERYONE wants to see them, please try to get those up before the others.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Okay.

Yen and I are playing for Cookies and Kit Kats. Loser gives the winner one of thier supply. We can go stock-by-stock if desired.

Anyone else want to get in on the sweet tooth challenge? I also have a stuffed christmas bear if that helps.

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
Zelgadîs ™ said:
Who is soto? whos that other guy? wheres the semi finals and other late tournament matches? hahaha. you know EVERYONE wants to see them, please try to get those up before the others.
Soto = Nathan. My usual Smash partner. Duh! :laugh:

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
ill be there this weekend aswell :chuckle:

DSF + Zel ? DSF + bob? DSF + Germ? DSF+king? DSF+hella? DSF+Cloud? DSF+Miguelito?

Stay tune to find out on the next norcal ball Z.....

Yen is Peach

Smash Apprentice
Scamp said:
Okay.

Yen and I are playing for Cookies and Kit Kats. Loser gives the winner one of thier supply. We can go stock-by-stock if desired.

Anyone else want to get in on the sweet tooth challenge? I also have a stuffed christmas bear if that helps.
OooOoH this will be soooo fun! yes! i loooove sweets! I'll bring lots for our match!
i just hope i won't eat em all b4 we even play...:urg:

Top Bottom