• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
I think that it's very important to remember that no one can supervise* the tournament without a trusted CS club member. That means that all of you volunteering to run the tournament - you can, so long as there is a trusted CS club member supervising the event. If you don't even go to this school, I won't let you do it. Not to be mean, but I can't trust any of you with the clubroom anyways.

The only people who can supervise the tournaments (for any given tournament) is me, Mike666*, and possibly Yen. I'm perfectly fine with letting Mike666 do it, because he's done it before so many times and watches the room well. I'm a little more worried about Yen supervising. But I'll talk with 'em about it.

* supervising doesn't necessarilly mean "running" the tournament.
* also note that if Mike666 runs the tournaments, he might charge you all extra money towards his purchase of Stunna Shades. : )

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
hey bootle i'll need a partner. we were doing some interesting things last time! and i've actually improve a bit since then, too. nothing crazy, but any improvement is something, right?

edit: i MAY need a partner. it depends on who goes out of billy, hung, and bryant. if its an even number, i need a parter. and 0 is an even number, too. i'll hopefully know by friday who will end up going.

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
XD Kizzo ur worried about me? why? I'm trustworthy! ;) and i'll bust out my scary bossy/everything must be in order girly side...if u want...hahaha

wow sumone gave me neg rep! T_T im mean? yea....now that i look back im pretty mean! ahhahaha! WHAT AR U lookin AT??? jk jk... don't hurt me...or i'll burn ur house--Uh i mean...darn my cover is blown.....

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
i've been training my jiggly/falco/captain falcon/marth/fox.....lol im ready to use some counter picks for this next biweekly...lol i was pretty bad at picking counter stages and counter picks......i might also need a teamate

btw superrad i think im catching the bus that leaves from santa cruz at 8:15....so i can warm up and get hella friendlies in

SuperRad

Smash Master
i've been training my jiggly/falco/captain falcon/marth/fox.....lol im ready to use some counter picks for this next biweekly...lol i was pretty bad at picking counter stages and counter picks......i might also need a teamate

btw superrad i think im catching the bus that leaves from santa cruz at 8:15....so i can warm up and get hella friendlies in
wow thats really early haha

if this biweekly happens i might be taken the bus, depends on some different things.

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman

My Fox and Your Falco was a pretty cool team :D, I've been working on some stuff the past week too.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
ok so I don't have to tell the story a billion times over I'll just post it here:

I had just picked up kevmoney and we were on our way to go pick up ender and simna. Just as we're stopping at this stop light in my hometown this cadillac cuts right at the last second in front of me. So naturally as all normal people do I flipped her off. Well turns out her boyfriend is in the passenger seat and he starts flippin out over me flippin her off. The light turns green and we drive for like a second and they pull over right in traffic. He opens his door to get out and do whatever but I'm like "**** that". Instead haulting to a stop i tried to change lanes as quickly as possible. Unfortunately I didnt see the EXCURSION coming right up my left side. It sideswiped my front end took out my headlight and front part of the body. The hit was hard enough to knock me into the cadillac where my other front end got messed up and the headlight got scratched.

The most damage that happend to the cadillac and the excurision were a minor space of streaked dents and scratches. My car got the full force of the sandwich and needless to say was the most ****ed up. So yeah that's what happened. . .

Art?

Smash Journeyman
gg @ insurance. boy that **** is gonna skyrocket.

the boyfriend shouldn't have been mad that his lady was a stereotypical woman driver; he should've been driving. actually, i bet he was probably a sorry driver as well.

i probably would've just let that couple hanging in the traffic like you intended to but i guess you were a li'l hasty and didn't check your shoulder. at least we've learned our lesson.

honestly, though. who the **** gets outta their car in the middle of traffic 'cause a BAD driver got flipped the bird, even if it was their significant other. at least there was no accident (yet). i can hella imagine that guy getting out all red and steamed like "ARRRGH YOU FLICKED OFF MY GF ARRRGH *bangs on chest*" had everything gone according to plan, that couple would've felt pretty stupid pulling over and getting left in the dust and the guy having a dumb look on his face. lol.

but all that matters is that you and kev$ are alright. <333

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Hmm...is there really no one else that can "supervise" this? Me/Karthik can handle the tournament stuff, they just have to be there, play smash, and uh..."supervise" :ohwell: .

SuperRad

Smash Master
honestly i understand the need for someone from the CS club to be there, but honestly what do they have to do? From what I've seen they have to set up (which they most likely would get willing help from anyone that can comeover early enough), they have to put everything back (again, im sure anyone thats there that late would be willing to pitch in) and then during the tournament just make sure nothing gets broken/messed up? All of that they wouldnt have to do alone. If you are worried about the room, I think you can trust BTZO/Karthik to help keep people in line, if the person that would be supervising might not be able to.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the biweekly this Saturday is cancelled. Sorry guys. I'll see you guys the week after.
dont listen to kizzo, there's still a chance ill do it. ill try to let you guys know by thursday :)

honestly i understand the need for someone from the CS club to be there, but honestly what do they have to do? From what I've seen they have to set up (which they most likely would get willing help from anyone that can comeover early enough), they have to put everything back (again, im sure anyone thats there that late would be willing to pitch in) and then during the tournament just make sure nothing gets broken/messed up? All of that they wouldnt have to do alone. If you are worried about the room, I think you can trust BTZO/Karthik to help keep people in line, if the person that would be supervising might not be able to.
i see where ur comin from, but trust me you dont know. if a biweekly wont happen cuz of me and david, then you can host your own if you're really dying to play smash, but the club room isnt as easy to "supervise" as you may think

SuperRad

Smash Master
i see where ur comin from, but trust me you dont know. if a biweekly wont happen cuz of me and david, then you can host your own if you're really dying to play smash, but the club room isnt as easy to "supervise" as you may think
one: if i had a place to host it and the know how and all that jazz, i would ;)
two: it probably isnt as easy i think. probably because you all are so good that it looks easy :laugh:
three: i think we are all grateful that these tournaments get hosted, i know i am. if i ever come off as ungrateful, then i apologize.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
dont listen to kizzo, there's still a chance ill do it. ill try to let you guys know by thursday :)
Okay good, yeah I know, it's alot of work though, If I can stay long enough or get there early enough I can help out with things, I (and everyone else) just really want the biweekly to happen, they're too fun.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
alright well...try to keep us informed of your choice. if there isnt going to be a biweekly, i'll probably host a medium sized smashfest allowing for maybe 10 or so of you to come to my place in milpitas...assuming we can have another TV show up. if not, then the number of TVs avalable to me may be too few to merit having that many. SO im going to play the situation as if there will be no biweekly. in the instance of no biweekly, who would be interested in comming to milpitas, and who would be willing to bring a TV? It's much more preferable if i know you to atleast some mild extent, we chatted or played some friendlies or something. if there's room i'll let people i dont really know come too. we'll see what happens! let me know guys!

Serendipity

Smash Journeyman
All im sayin is i can get there as early as u want but i can't stay after...set up=okay but clean up i can't... yea...jst throwin it out there

also u can trust me with money and stuff like that.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
Hi All

hey everyone, hows it going everyone doing great, hope so, hey nk sorry about what happened man, if i was there i swear to god someone wouldnt of gotta down smashed, but ye i bored and have nothing to say. anyone going to see jack@$$ number 2? another question anyone play any other fighting games other than smash? talk to me people later.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i can't come to this biweekly or any smashfest if the biweekly does not happen. I start fasting saturday and im going to a party with other muslims.....religion/family>smash....have fun everyone

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
If there's no tourney people should come over to my place and play smash, or whatever other games, I have a billion of them. I can really only have like 5-6 other ppl over though because my place isn't super huge.

Top Bottom