• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Non-Video, non-sport, Classic Games you Still enjoy?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
IT can be any kind of game, no video-games, or sports as those are in other topics, i'm talking more about those old OLD games; back to card, board and puzzle games where you will gather friends sit down and pass the time that you still enjoy. Go Fish, Snakes & Ladders, Checkers, Crosswords, anything.

Me, I got a hold of Hasbro Family Game Night for the DS recently, and in it there were 4 classics, but only 2 of which were actually worth playing in my opinion, Connect 4 and Battleship. But Battleship is hella boring, so I play connect 4 all the time with the AI and I'm amazed that I am actually winning against the AI for once. I mean back in the days with my computer games I would always lose to computers at games such as chess, chinese checkers, checkers, Reversi and even connect four on the easiest difficulty. It's probably because I was so blind and never thought about hat the CPU was really doing. Anyway, I've been playing connect 4 on this game for about a week every night and I'm beating the computer every time, on it's hardest difficulty. I'm thinking about setting up baits and dead spots and I feel like I'm pretty good at this game.

I am actually feel kinda nostaglic about it that i'm looking for an old pc title I used to play and loved, Hoyle Board Games 2001, just to face that computer and see if I'm any good against that AI.

Yeah, so what are some classic games you still enjoy playing? Anyone know how backgammon works? I've been ignorant about that game since the day I was born.
Anyone secretly still loves to play Go Fish?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Chess and Monopoly

I play chess regularly, online and over the board. Recently joined a club playing competitively.

Monopoly with a bunch of friends is always great.

sammy p

Smash Lord
CLUE!!!! ive played this board game since i was 6(seriously)
but for outdoor sports, my cousins and i will play rundown, or play with an aerobi(i think thats how you spell it) every chance we get!

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i always sucked at chess for some reason.

Tic Tac Toe on the otherhand, I figured that game out completely. If i'm going second, i will always tie it, if I go first either I win or it's a tie.

Wuss

Smash Champion
almost any card game. poker, kemps, pirate bridge, hearts, etc. gotta love card games: they're simple, don;t require a lot, and are mad fun.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
My friends and I regularly play Chess, Risk, and Settlers of Catan.

Also, I'm a fan of how you said "no video games" and then start off talking about a DS game, lol.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
clue / risk / stratego / chess are great
* of catan are great too.

I also like just about every collectable card game ever - but that is because i am a loser.

BSP

Smash Legend
Monopoly all the way. A good game takes time, but it is so satisfying to win at it.

Chess is good too.

n88

Smash Lord
Anybody in here play Heroscape? I love that game, but it seems like no-one knows what it is. I brought it up and killed the last board game thread...

As for more traditional games, I love Chess, although I'm bad at it. I usually get bored and do something stupid just to see what happens, and get checkmated as a result.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Played Texas hold'em with paddle pop sticks as chips. Chess is a fav. Yu-gi-oh haha and monopoly (steal from the bank.)

Overload

Smash Lord
I don't play many board games too often. I frequently play chess, however, and it is my favorite of them all.
Anybody in here play Heroscape? I love that game, but it seems like no-one knows what it is.
I have a decent amount of HeroScape stuff. A friend and I got into it after going to a comic convention a few years back. We would combine our land and build huge landscapes. Games would sometimes last for hours.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I like Pictionary, Life and Monopoly. Too bad they are kinda long to complete, especially the last 2. I'd finish them but the people I play with are lazy mother****ers :mad:

Top Bottom