• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No wave-dash mabey?...possible discovery

Kirye

Smash Ace
I think most of that is just respect for someone who can speak his mind and actually knows how to debate at the same time. Although he IS too rude. :p
It's like in an anime where the sensei is this mean, grumpy old man who hates everyone and punches students who make a mistake but then turns out to be a wise guy who respects you if you prove that you aren't an idiot. Or something.
Patches O'Hoolihan? =O

And this thread makes me laugh.

but i'd rather kick the sensei in the nadz than let him harass others any longer.
If Mr. Miyagi was still alive, he'd kick your ***, then make you wax his car.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
but he's not alive now, is he... ~_^

ahahaha, even if he was, id like to see him try kicking my *** and making me wash his broken down jallopy-thing, bah, id kick his *** first and make him wash his own **** car!~

psssh, im more bad *** than dylan or that miyagi fool~

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...*cough*...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!!~~~~

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
If you could do smash attacks while running, what happens to dash attacks? that have been in the TWO PREVIOUS GAMES.

Also the fact that you think there might be aerial shields in brawl makes me suspect that you were dropped a few times as a kid
So... how is wavedashing and downsmashing different from running smash attacks?

Also, why wouldn't aerial shields be possible? (Aside from existing air dodge, which can still be rethought)

Did you not notice the huge unthinking changes from 64 to melee? Sidestepping, airdodging, walljumping, charging smash attacks etc? The addition of more directions for smashes/throws were guessable, but that other stuff...

And you are right Jeremy, Dylan is the guy nobody likes.

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
speaking your mind has nothing to do with common courtesy or respect. especially if you think the person isn't as well informed as yourself on the given subject. If your going to go through all that trouble and needless angst to make a post why even bother? ie: this post is pointless cause i no what i say isent "profound" enough to impact anyones ideaology. but this thread is just over the top, so i felt i have to.

too much (pointless) hate in the world, this thread is a prime example. i say pointless because no one will gain anything from this thread at all. including myself.

Kirye

Smash Ace
speaking your mind has nothing to do with common courtesy or respect. especially if you think the person isn't as well informed as yourself on the given subject. If your going to go through all that trouble and needless angst to make a post why even bother? ie: this post is pointless cause i no what i say isent "profound" enough to impact anyones ideaology. but this thread is just over the top, so i felt i have to.

too much (pointless) hate in the world, this thread is a prime example. i say pointless because no one will gain anything from this thread at all. including myself.
What you gain from posting in this FORUM, let alone this thread, is kill time. I need something to pass the time, where do I go? Here.

Who said you need common courtesy? No point in it. I'm basically a humorous easy to get along with guy irl, and i'm also a very sarcastic person. Does that mean I have to change who I am when I come post in a game forum? Nah. I'm not applying for a job or anything, I don't have to bull**** anyone. XD

Same with everyone posting here.

@Chaotic: So explain to me how feasible a mid-air shield is. We already saw there's air dodging, so really, where would a shield in the air fit? Have you looked at your Wii/GC controls, I kind of doubt they'll decide on L being an air shield, and R being dodge.

Epok

Smash Ace
Hell no, that arrogant smirk on goku's face says '' Im about to pwn some gay nub'' Goku is metal.[/QUOTE]

LOL thats so true.

Freedoves

Smash Cadet
Snaking was originally a "glitch" in Mario Kart Double Dash, and then appeared in Mario Kart DS. Nintendo has a way of including "glitches" that in the end make the game entirely more competitive.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
@Chaotic: So explain to me how feasible a mid-air shield is. We already saw there's air dodging, so really, where would a shield in the air fit? Have you looked at your Wii/GC controls, I kind of doubt they'll decide on L being an air shield, and R being dodge.
I didn't really have an idea for mid-air shielding, I was quoting someone that had the idea. I was basically saying that almost anything is feasible because of the things that sakurai added that we would never expect. As for potential controls for it, pressing L/R twice? Say the first L press = shield, second L press = air-dodge?

Also i see you play RO, may I ask what server? PM me about it -_^

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Snaking was originally a "glitch" in Mario Kart Double Dash, and then appeared in Mario Kart DS. Nintendo has a way of including "glitches" that in the end make the game entirely more competitive.
Thankyou for pointing this out. So it seems pretty possible that Nintendo will put wavedashing in on purpose.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
i know I might get a lot of slack for this, but I don't go on forums much, so please enlighten me- wtf is "wavedashing?" I've been playing SSB since the beginning, but some of the terminology on these forums are unfamiliar.

Takalth

Smash Ace
The absolute funniest part about this thread is how it demonstrates people's obsession with wavedashing.

Look at the original post, which suggests the possibility of such a vast reworking of Smash that it would pratically be a different game. What is the conclusion: "Hey, maybe there's no wavedashing!"

If Smashbros.com's update tomorrow said "We have decided to take jumping out of the game," the first thread that would show up on smashboards would be "Hooray! wavedashing has been removed!"

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I was about to get angsty about all the negativity and flaming in the topic, but Takalth's post made me smile with its correctness. Good show.

That said: from zero to flaming in just 2 posts. But does it get good mileage? There is only one way to find out, and that is infractions. In the interest of science.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
What would happen to the game without wavedashing? I think it would stay the same to me, I only occasionally use wavelanding.

If there were aerial shields Captain Falcon would be broken.

Some smasher:Shield in air!!1!!11!!
C.F. Player:Up-B is a grab
Some Smasher:Oh wat? T3h Falcon is leik broken beyond belief.

Falcon and Ganon have aerial grabs, aerial shields make Captain Falcon broken. If it was implemented I think the game would slow down a lot. Like matches would last like a lot longer.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wow, what else can you do this with? Oh thats right, the ray gun. I guess we don't need to wavedash because we have ray guns.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i wonder if running and jumping will be implemented wit other items as well, though i can't think of any others with which you can't.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If he was the most annoying person on the site I'd hate him.

And how about you learn to type, huh? It looks like you tried typing with your inner ear.

Anyway, the thread is dead, the author abandoned it and everyone is just b****ing about Dylan so I guess Dylan did a good job of making the author look bad.

P.S. I wouldn't try to stir up trouble again if I were you, Scav gave just about everyone infractions last time, so you're justing asking for one. Well, that and the fact that you'd probably get burned anyway.

EDIT: That's what I'd like to know Silhouette.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
If he was the most annoying person on the site I'd hate him.

And how about you learn to type, huh? It looks like you tried typing with your inner ear.

Anyway, the thread is dead, the author abandoned it and everyone is just b****ing about Dylan so I guess Dylan did a good job of making the author look bad.

P.S. I wouldn't try to stir up trouble again if I were you, Scav gave just about everyone infractions last time, so you're justing asking for one. Well, that and the fact that you'd probably get burned anyway.

EDIT: That's what I'd like to know Silhouette.
.... who are you talking to?

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
so what my grammer is bad, this teh interwebz, get used 2 it! :p

also, typing with my inner ear?, who are U?, smarterchild?, tanks for the grammer tip there, though it was'nt needed....

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Lol @ scrubs.

Awww, pplz dun like me, Im gonna go cut my wrists and listen to my chemical romance!!!1

He is the most annoying person on this site and yet he's not banned, the mods must be getting lazy >_>

the loser acts like he's so pro @ smash... he does'nt even play!, i have proof of it too!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bmSPgAUHXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpgF3QV7GM

i guess he renamed himself DYLAN_TNGA when he logged on 2 this site.

lol, Im on good terms with most of the mods on this site. Also, I didnt get any infractions in this thread because unlike the rest of you I havent lowered myself to the level of personal attacks, outside of telling jeremy he shouldnt graduate, which was a joke :p we're actually on good terms lol I just like to harass pointless brawl theories... like omg air shield!

What the heck proof is that? Thats just some random video on youtube.. like, how do you even know that's me? Infact, Ive played smash with people from this forum, and gone to tournaments. I also have videos uploaded by my youtube account which also contains piano videos that I made myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcUjbojAKrw (templar theme) :)

So you're suggesting that I have created an elaborate troll account so involving that it required me to practice piano for 13 years and claim to be someone else, all to cover up the fact that I dont play smash.

Furthermore, if I didnt play smash, why the heck would I know so **** much about it, and have 1000 + posts on a smashbrothers forum after signing up 3 months ago?

Finally, here are several videos on youtube, uploaded by the account ''Dylankeywizrad'' which is me, as my name is Dylan.. of me CLEARLY playing shiek, and 3 stocking someones falcon. I may not be pro, But I'm not half bad either..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLpgM-Pkn8s&mode=user&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAX-zmrjd2w&mode=user&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPTyqYBHFq0&mode=user&search=

Man, I really really must have no life.. to have created such an elaborate persona solely for the purpose of pretending to play super smash brothers. Mind boggling!

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, he's probably pretty good at Smash Brothers, that doesn't make him a good person. Being good at a video game doesn't give you permission to act like an *** to everyone who has a seperate opinion from him. Just don't take him personally guys, it's not like his insults are actually good anyway. People who care about Smash as religiously as he does have no right to insult so many people, it's just a freaking game.

kabloodysun

Smash Apprentice
Furthermore, if I didnt play smash, why the heck would I know so **** much about it, and have 1000 + posts on a smashbrothers forum after signing up 3 months ago?
Although I don't think having a high post count means anything on a forum, that is the best piano playing I have ever seen :) . I mean seriously major props.

If you find Dylan annoying then don't post back trying to outwit him. He is going to own you no doubt. He is not flaming or doing anything against the rules. He is keeping the stupid topics out of here.

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
What you gain from posting in this FORUM, let alone this thread, is kill time. I need something to pass the time, where do I go? Here.

Who said you need common courtesy? No point in it. I'm basically a humorous easy to get along with guy irl, and i'm also a very sarcastic person. Does that mean I have to change who I am when I come post in a game forum? Nah. I'm not applying for a job or anything, I don't have to bull**** anyone. XD

Same with everyone posting here.

so you feel showing people respect is bull **** and youd only show respect if you needed to?
or that when you DO treat people with respect your just bull****ting them?posting on a forum isent "ceri0z Buizniss!" its not life or death, showing not showing basic human respect just indicates what kind of person you are or hope to be.

and no sorry, i dont just post to **** around and waste time. (excluding ones in this thread, obviously) i post to gain knowledge and understanding, or to make the results of my actions fruitful.

but i guess being a **** to people is fun, if you like that sort of thing.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
but why do you come here if no-one likes you?, do something useful with your life... go outside like normal ppl do.
if someone has over 100 posts in 3 months, they probably don't go outside much, but a lot of people on this site don't (me)

i didn't see Dylan flame anybody (unless you count the first remark which i don't)
Sinking to the level of insulting his mom, thats what deserves an infringement( though the insult sucked)

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Your mom jokes are the worst jokes ever and require no thought or effort to think of any, much like his "evry1 h8s u in hi skool!" joke. I hate these types of jokes that feature no information to back them up, especially your mom jokes.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Your mom jokes are the worst jokes ever and require no thought or effort to think of any, much like his "evry1 h8s u in hi skool!" joke. I hate these types of jokes that feature no information to back them up, especially your mom jokes.
Best post ever. It's good to finally find somebody else who despises "your mom" jokes.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Actually, if do the math, rounding out the numbers, 1000 posts in three months is about 15 posts everyday. It takes what, 3-5 minutes to type out a well written post? Maybe longer if it's a really long one? I doubt he's spending all day and night at this forum.

From what little I've seen of this Dylan fellow, he's an ***hole. But he's not a stupid ***hole. I've seen stupid ***holes. I've been to YouTube. He may not be the most witty ***hole I've come across, but he's got his head on straight. If you don't like him, well you need to realize the Internet doesn't revolve around you. There are people you don't like in real life, and just like real life, there are people you don't like on the Interwebz. Deal with it. Hell, I kind of don't like him, but at the same time I kind of respect him. :\ Sure he's opinionated, but everyone has opinions, he just likes to share his. That doesn't mean you have to agree with him. Stop b****ing and let this silly thread die.

Me14k

Smash Lord
in before close!
wavedashing is probably dead anyways, it originated as a glitch.
Wavedashing is not a glitch, and there is proof. Wavedashing is simply taking overusing wavelanding. Wavelanding is recognized my ssbm. if you have an action replay, set it so it shows all the commands being prompted while in game. When you waveland/wavedash it says *wavlnd.spcl* being that, wavedashing is not a glitch, being that it was programmed into the game

Top Bottom