• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Disassemble!: Overswarm's instruction manual for ROB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
As with almost everything with ROB, it depends on the the opponent.

Edit: Oops, this is Sudai. Cyphus still logged on my laptop though

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, Overswarm for a good advice from this guide. I believe I might have an edge againest my foes. Some of the ATs were really helpful.

o_o. Majickal SudaiCyphus.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
R.O.B. on the ground is basically trying to survive and poke the whole time. Nearly his entire moveset on the ground is built to keep an opponent away, punishing him if he gets to close and baiting him back in with projectiles if he runs away. The only kill moves he has on the ground is f-smash, which is very fast but depressingly weak, and up-smash, which is fairly fast and strong but very situational due to hitbox. In the air, though, R.O.B. is just an epic beast, and there are few characters that can outshine him in the air.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
As with almost everything with ROB, it depends on the the opponent.

Edit: Oops, this is Sudai. Cyphus still logged on my laptop though
Cyphus is a good guy. I learned Doc from him. His guide was my bible when maXXXpower was born.

on topic:

Query: Is R.O.B. better on or off the ground? I say air, my friend says ground. I need some feedback.
ROB is well balanced both on the ground and in the air. For me at least, he's much more fun to use in the air, so that's what I use.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, Cyphus is a pretty cool dude. He actually inspired me to learn Doc after I saw him at my first tourney. Nothing but history since then.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So is Glyph, and OS.

Go go ROB mods.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Haha Nacker you can't even be a mod on Xat.

Next time I see you on I'm gonna kick you just for fun.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think someone should copy this, boot out tactics that don't work. Old stuff of the sort. Then include the new AT's, tactics, and basic matchups and repost it. This thing is old as hell.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think someone should copy this, boot out tactics that don't work. Old stuff of the sort. Then include the new AT's, tactics, and basic matchups and repost it. This thing is old as hell.
yessir it issssssssssss

but I dun play ROB much no mores and dun have time to writtle stuff

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
We could always get someone to copy the post, then split their post into the first post instead of yours.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
hahahahahaha.... that kid asked me to join some random clan.

"I heard good things about your rob"

o_O

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Even though it seems that you are not known for R.O.B. anymore, I still continue to follow this guide because of its match-ups, stages, and tricks for R.O.B. I love you man, not literally. EDIT: (five days after) Can someone please post on here? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom