• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yeah, and some sort of mini Smash Direct showing Joker gameplay, his stage, some Mii costumes, the new modes, and, of course, no character reveal.

At this point I don't think we'll get a character until E3.
This really sucks.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Joker looks ****ing amazing not gonna lie.

But waiting six months between character reveals would be BS.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Okay sorry for the double post but I just wanted to mention this.

BDDA4AF2-3F10-4337-BC14-FC4EEFF028AD.png

D4FA50B0-1F9F-4EB0-8A46-6D379FA60199.png

033EC99D-EDFF-4029-9514-05050029F70D.png

3C69E952-86CB-454E-AE0B-6147CB10F4A8.png

Out of 100+ stages, Magicant seems to have showed up in the update vid, like, a lot.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I'm kind of bummed because I'm not really digging how he plays. It looks gimmicky and not at all representative of Persona 5.

I really need a new reveal.

D

Deleted member

This really sucks.
Tell me about it. I was really betting on the 2nd character being revealed this month, but now it looks really likely to me that we're gonna have to wait until E3 before the next character.

Okay sorry for the double post but I just wanted to mention this.

View attachment 209318

View attachment 209319

View attachment 209320
View attachment 209321

Out of 100+ stages, Magicant seems to have showed up in the update vid, like, a lot.
More power to Mother is what I like to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
This might be a stupid question but...
Are Ninten, Ness, and Lucas related in anyway? Besides having PSI/PK powers?

Last edited:

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I already said this but I loved Joker moveset,although that reflect + counter thing kinda let me down. I was expecting for that move to be a potential PK Powershield for Ninten so it could be more unique (even though Palutena already has that move)

D

Deleted member

Well, I feel like, instead of a PK Powershield for Ninten, he could use Telepathy, which could allow him to inflict damage on his opponent internally, through his mind.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I like that you all have taken every detail from Joker's reveal. I'm here to put more evidence.

Just LOOK at this! They could have put Joker ANYWHERE. But where did they place him? RIGHT NEXT TO NESS.

^NintenConfirmed.png

And to be fair, that is actually a good point. Like they could have placed him anywhere, they could have placed him next to Lucas and I would have said "Okay, it's gonna be Porky for Smash" but no, right next to Ness.
Also, the Ultimate Chimera stage they showed could have been them putting it with the New Pork City background, cuz you know, it's from Mother 3. But they decided to show the Magicant stage again.

And let's not forget how he literally used some PK Fire crap against Ness.

Why does it matter that it's Ness and not Lucas? Cuz Ness' game is the sequel to Mother 1 / Earthbound Beginnings, not to mention their similar looks because of Ninten's outdated design. Ness is literally connected to Ninten, not to mention that he is used to represent Ninten in his spirit battle and Ness' campaing, where he faces a blue Ness in Magicant to represent the first game, with the second fight being Lucas in New Pork City representing Mother 3.

... And at worst, if Ninten is not gonna be in this game until who knows when, we can always believe my theory that Ninten is Joker but grown up.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, I was coming to talk about my continued experiences with Earthbound last night when I noticed information had been revealed and all of my posting and interest got distracted to that area of things haha.

But yeah, just got Jeff into the party and I'm working through the game at my own pace. I didn't expect the game to completely relinquish control of Ness like that and put me with Jeff. If they intended to highlight how fragile these characters are, they did a really damn good job at communicating that to the player. Jeff felt much scarier to play because he relied on healing items in somewhat short supply, had no magic, and had no money. It was a weird experience for sure. I'm interested to see how his mechanic of fixing things overnight contributes to things and he's quite the different character. Paula definitely surprised me with just how little HP she seems to get, but she's also not quite a glass cannon either. I spent a long time leveling them both up. It's been a while since I played a RPG, so I've got a little tolerance to grinding built back up.

Really enjoyed the scene with the Runaway Five for the music, also confronting Happy-Happy Town was hilarious as you just literally stumble into the dumbest cult town ever. Lots of little things that make the world all the more impressive for a SNES game. Still really enjoying my time with the game, but I'm also going to be sure to take my time as well.

D

Deleted member

Well, I was coming to talk about my continued experiences with Earthbound last night when I noticed information had been revealed and all of my posting and interest got distracted to that area of things haha.

But yeah, just got Jeff into the party and I'm working through the game at my own pace. I didn't expect the game to completely relinquish control of Ness like that and put me with Jeff. If they intended to highlight how fragile these characters are, they did a really damn good job at communicating that to the player. Jeff felt much scarier to play because he relied on healing items in somewhat short supply, had no magic, and had no money. It was a weird experience for sure. I'm interested to see how his mechanic of fixing things overnight contributes to things and he's quite the different character. Paula definitely surprised me with just how little HP she seems to get, but she's also not quite a glass cannon either. I spent a long time leveling them both up. It's been a while since I played a RPG, so I've got a little tolerance to grinding built back up.

Really enjoyed the scene with the Runaway Five for the music, also confronting Happy-Happy Town was hilarious as you just literally stumble into the dumbest cult town ever. Lots of little things that make the world all the more impressive for a SNES game. Still really enjoying my time with the game, but I'm also going to be sure to take my time as well.
Really happy you're enjoying it. I agree with your post, especially with Jeff. I like how they changed it up and how you had to sort of change up your playstyle for the game.

The Runaway Five performances are so charming in the game's graphics IMO lol. And Happy-Happy Town confused the **** out of me. I loved it.

I'm tellin' ya, the game gets better and better and weirder and wackier as it goes along.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408

Welcome back! It's always nice to see you here!
I'm glad that you're enjoying the game so far and all of its details! It's really nice to see other people playing the game for the first time and enjoying it.
Take your time to do whatever you want, it's always good to take your time sometimes.

I'm really looking forward to know more about your experience with the game! Good luck! :ness:

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
I actually thought joker looked beautiful and very well detailed! As someone who is a huge fan of persona , I loved that they were able to add his persona in a very unique way...not to mention his iconic dagger and gun! And his well known curse magic....and his VICTORY AND, SPECIAL AND AMAZING!!!

Also lowkey... the moment I saw ryuji is part of his stage and special I fangirled a little, I love that guy ...>.<

D

Deleted member

For Ninten's final smash (if he is in), would y'all prefer it be Ninten, Ana, and Loid singing the 8 melodies, or a cutscene final smash with EVE?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
For Ninten's final smash (if he is in), would y'all prefer it be Ninten, Ana, and Loid singing the 8 melodies, or a cutscene final smash with EVE?
Those would be nice, though I did see one idea where Ninten started bashing the character with his bat, Ana came in with PSI attacks, and finally Lloyd drives a tank in with Teddy laying on top of it to finish the job forgive me, I keep forgetting who made it.

I'd like either of those, though; for Eight Melodies, would musical note-like PSI appear and zap captured opponents?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Besides, having done the math myself, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TIME TO RELEASE MORE THAN THREE TO FINISH THE PASS BEFORE FEBRUARY.

So, I think they're working on the characters simultaneously. At least we got a month or so before E3.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Imagine if Ninten had a unique game mechanic where all of his specials would be above average when it comes to how good they are, but he has a text box displaying his Psychic Points, when he runs out, he either can't do them or he'll do a much weaker version.
And to recover them, around half of his neutrals will have a PSI effect to them. Hitting with them would result in him getting some of them back.

That along with his dodges being longer but slower, like I once said mentioned before.

In any case, it would be cool to see what they would do with Ninten.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Also lowkey... the moment I saw ryuji is part of his stage and special I fangirled a little, I love that guy ...>.<
You weren’t the only one. Me too.
Besides, having done the math myself, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TIME TO RELEASE MORE THAN THREE TO FINISH THE PASS BEFORE FEBRUARY.

So, I think they're working on the characters simultaneously. At least we got a month or so before E3.
Praying that we’re getting two at this point.

Though a trailer shadow drop in May would be nice.

D

Deleted member

At this point if we don't get 2 characters until after E3 I'm gonna scream

Ok, maybe not full on scream, but I'll be at the least kinda confused...

D

Deleted member

In the meantime, it sounds like we're gonna have to play some RPGs...

Top Bottom