• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
So hey guys. What Pokemon ideas/concepts would you guys like to see in Pokemon Sword and Shield? (regardless of the region)

Personally, I would like to see a fruit bat Pokemon that looks like a fruit bat and hopefully stays cute even when fully evolved.

Also, a friend told me they would like a werewolf Pokemon based on Reynardine, which is a werewolf (or a werefox) who charms people and brings them to their castle where their destiny is left ambiguous. And honestly, that sounds like a cool concept for me, too.

And of course, I would like to see a flying type Eeveelution that is always levitating. Wether it has wings as ears or a cloud as a tail that it lays on I'm sure that I'll love it. Specially cuz we desperately need pure flying types since we only have like... 3. In fact the fruit bat Pokemon could also be a pure flying type since it doesn't need to be grass type just cuz it eats fruit.

So yeah, what would you guys like to see as Pokemon?
Maybe a ninja-like wolf/dog creature with ice powers?

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
I just remembered that I would like to see a Wolf Spider as a Pokemon. It's basically a spider but for Pokemon they could make it a Wolf with spider properties/powers.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ng-bosses-and-spirits-new-stages-much-more/2/

There’s a huge number of Spirits in the game; what was the selection process like?

Sakurai: I basically checked over what the Spirits team had picked and added/removed characters accordingly. Each characters’ ease of use and whether or not we had their original art also played a part to a degree. There were some characters that were candidates for Spirits that we ended up having to pass on just because we couldn’t find the artwork.
Oof, the Porky fans won't like reading this part.

That said, I find it interesting that they decided to include the majority of Mother 3 characters anyway, despite having bupkis for art.

And then there's this bit on page 3:

Were the Spirit Battles themselves based on the Spirits team’s proposals? What about your own ideas?

Sakurai: They largely came from the Spirits team’s proposals, yes. There were a few things that I came up with, but they weren’t much. I primarily oversaw maintaining the game’s balance as opposed to ideas – how a Spirit would feel a certain way while actually playing the game, that kind of thing.
That might explain the really weird spirit battle Ninten got.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I mean to be fair, I don't think this is the reason why Porky's spirit isn't there because they could have just easily taken any of his sprites like they did with Duster, Kumatora, Buzz Buzz, Salsa, Ness' Dad, etc.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Forgot to answer this but yes

yes he can
Speaking about Ninten being a Pokemon character. Male Meowstic (who also happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon ever since I saw him) happens to be a Pokemon that I named Ninten. Because not only does it have a female counterpart that has more offensive Psychich attacks (female Meowstic, being Ana) but male Meowstic also focuses on defensive psychic abilities.

Wether this was intentional or not, I do believe that male Meowstic is the perfect Pokemon to represent Ninten, it even has neck fur which I always saw as a cute handkerchief, just like the one that Ninten wears.

And of course, female Meowstic would be Ana, who happens to focus on offensive psychich abilities and is the counterpart of male Meowstic.

By the way, I really liked Meowstic so much that it was my first shiny hunt Pokemon ever and I obviously named that male shiny Espurr Ninten. I always have him in my team.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I think I have a problem.

So the other night I had a dream where lil ole me somehow got ahold of Nintendo’s game release schedule. It didn’t have any names. Just dates of when a game would release. One game was scheduled to release Saturday July 27th. I didnt even know that the 27th was on a Saturday until I looked it up last night. And I for some reason thought the Mother anniversary was on the 25th, not the 27th.

This is probably just my thyroid medication messing with me or something but damn that spooked me.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think I have a problem.

So the other night I had a dream where lil ole me somehow got ahold of Nintendo’s game release schedule. It didn’t have any names. Just dates of when a game would release. One game was scheduled to release Saturday July 27th. I didnt even know that the 27th was on a Saturday until I looked it up last night. And I for some reason thought the Mother anniversary was on the 25th, not the 27th.

This is probably just my thyroid medication messing with me or something but damn that spooked me.
A prophetic dream? Sounds like something straight out of Mother.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
A prophetic dream? Sounds like something straight out of Mother.
HE'S DA CHOSEN BOI. HE'S GONNA UNLEASH HIS TRUE POWER OF PSI.

But seriously, we need remakes of some sort and Ninten in Smash. I really think those 2 go too well together to not be done this year on Mother's 30th anniversary.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ng-bosses-and-spirits-new-stages-much-more/2/

That said, I find it interesting that they decided to include the majority of Mother 3 characters anyway, despite having bupkis for art.

And then there's this bit on page 3:

That might explain the really weird spirit battle Ninten got.
For some reason I didn't see this post.

But yeah I'm thinking it's due to right's/Itoi's preferences on the Porky spirit.

Also I still feel like Ninten's battle is a bit off regardless especially since the other Mother 1 battles are completely on point.

Hell, both of Claus's are on point as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I now have the full party

Ninten, Loid, and Ana

Mother 1 gets better as I advance the game lol (of course, the first time I play a game I enjoy is always the best time, but still, Mother 1 always puts a smile on my face)

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
So I was on Youtube and found this in my recommendations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5KWLpCGnls

Enjoy!
As someone who has zero understanding of Japanese, that was... an oddity, to say the least. The google translate is strong with this one.

Not particularly interested in the upcoming animations, either. The creator's style seems way too lewd to capture what i love about the trilogy.

I'm honestly not sure what even compelled me to finish the video. Can't say I'm a fan of it.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

I'm fully convinced that Porky doesn't have a spirit because he's in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, and Galleem's beam hit that. It can't break through the Absolutely Safe Capsule, it's absolutely safe so Porky was protected and instead the capsule became a spirit.

TheBeastHimself

I'm dead guys

Conker himself (Chris Seavor: creator of Bad Fur Day) told me he's willing to voice the squirrel once again if he gets into Smash, but he said there's many reasons why he won't get in... Was expecting that. On the bright side, Chris is no longer affiliated with Conker so his opinion doesn't have any actual bearing on what could happen. Still pretty shocked I was able to talk to him.

D

Deleted member

I'm dead guys

Conker himself (Chris Seavor: creator of Bad Fur Day) told me he's willing to voice the squirrel once again if he gets into Smash, but he said there's many reasons why he won't get in... Was expecting that. On the bright side, Chris is no longer affiliated with Conker so his opinion doesn't have any actual bearing on what could happen. Still pretty shocked I was able to talk to him.
You've still got my support for Conker. Don't lose hope :D

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm dead guys

That’s too bad, but you can still build support for a future game! Or a revival of the series! It’s better than nothing, I guess...

TheBeastHimself

That’s too bad, but you can still build support for a future game! Or a revival of the series! It’s better than nothing, I guess...
Exactly. Anything can still happen. Legally, unless Chris purchases the Conker franchise (which he seems to have no interest in doing), Conker can still make it into Smash depending on if Rare/Microsoft/Nintendo agree to collaborate. Future games are also possible. I

I'm just glad a spiritual successor to Conker is in production by Chris right now. :)

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So I was on Youtube and found this in my recommendations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5KWLpCGnls

Enjoy!
I'm gonna have to watch this when I get back from campus. Last time I watched an EB video on campus it was one of those cursed images with EB music videos and I was having a borderline convulsive fit to prevent me from bursting out laughing in the middle of one of the most used hallways.

So I should probably wait on that just in case.

I'm dead guys

Oh man that's actually super cool that he responded to you!

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Well everyone, remember when I said I would one day do a visual representation of my Ninten moveset? (which I posted 2 or 3 pages ago)
Well, I'm gonna start making it right now! I dunno when I'll have the first page finished (yes, there's gonna be multiple, pages. I'm not just gonna make specials and alts and call it a day) but I just wanted to let you guys knows, at least!

Since right now I got nothing else to say, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today! c:

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well everyone, remember when I said I would one day do a visual representation of my Ninten moveset? (which I posted 2 or 3 pages ago)
Well, I'm gonna start making it right now! I dunno when I'll have the first page finished (yes, there's gonna be multiple, pages. I'm not just gonna make specials and alts and call it a day) but I just wanted to let you guys knows, at least!

Since right now I got nothing else to say, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today! c:
Looking forward to it!

Reminds me that I should fix up my Ninten cosplay, and I gotta gather materials for Claus too since helmets and mechanical arm pieces don't make themselves.

I'll post my Ninten cosplay when he's done. Just gotta fix the shirt. :ness:

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I decided that I'd join in on this discussion, being an avid Mother fan as well as a Ninten supporter! I've just been kinda anonymously reading this thread for a while now and I decided to finally make a Smashboards account so I can join in on the discussion. I have some ideas in mind for a moveset, and I'll probably draw them out soon because spring break is in like two days for me so yay. But yeah. Ninten is my most-wanted and this thread is just honestly my will to live, so it's nice that I finally built up the confidence to join it lol. Tbh my hope for Ninten is at an all-time high right now, so keep it up I guess!

D

Deleted member

Finished Mother 1 for the 3rd time and, of course, loved it. Enough said.

Hey guys! I decided that I'd join in on this discussion, being an avid Mother fan as well as a Ninten supporter! I've just been kinda anonymously reading this thread for a while now and I decided to finally make a Smashboards account so I can join in on the discussion. I have some ideas in mind for a moveset, and I'll probably draw them out soon because spring break is in like two days for me so yay. But yeah. Ninten is my most-wanted and this thread is just honestly my will to live, so it's nice that I finally built up the confidence to join it lol. Tbh my hope for Ninten is at an all-time high right now, so keep it up I guess!
Welcome! :)

I'm really confident about Ninten as well. This thread was the reason I created my account, so it's pretty much a sanctuary (heh).

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Welcome to the thread! It's always awesome to keep meeting more and more people who are fans of the Mother series and support the first game and its protagonist! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Speaking of a moveset for Ninten. Check out my Ninten moveset Idea I made 2 or 3 pages ago if you haven't already! It includes his design, animations and all moves a character has. Here's a link to the page and the post:
https://smashboards.com/threads/no-...r-smash-ultimate.446528/page-56#post-23058164

I would still like to see what you got in mind. I do realize my moveset idea may be a bit bland or not as flashy as some moveset ideas fans have made for some characters, so it would be nice to hear your personal thoughts about Ninten's moveset! :)

Auraseth

Smash Rookie
Hahaha same here! I've been reading along for so long, until I finally decided to join in! Ninten is definitely my most wanted too! My hopes definitely aren't as low as they were before thanks too think thread

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the thread! It's always awesome to keep meeting more and more people who are fans of the Mother series and support the first game and its protagonist! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Speaking of a moveset for Ninten. Check out my Ninten moveset Idea I made 2 or 3 pages ago if you haven't already! It includes his design, animations and all moves a character has. Here's a link to the page and the post:
https://smashboards.com/threads/no-...r-smash-ultimate.446528/page-56#post-23058164

I would still like to see what you got in mind. I do realize my moveset idea may be a bit bland or not as flashy as some moveset ideas fans have made for some characters, so it would be nice to hear your personal thoughts about Ninten's moveset! :)
I like your ideas! It's actually pretty similar-ish to mine, albeit a bit different. I can't wait to see your drawings, and I'll work on mine as well, just once I'm not so burdened by school :')

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Welcome! And as for keeping up hope I’ll try my best!

D

Deleted member

Every time I think of the Mother series, I always think of Mother 1 first, before Earthbound and Mother 3, because it's the most iconic game of the trilogy for me. It's also the only one that provides a challenge (because the other 2 are a lot easier imo) and of course people have to interpret difficulty or challenging as a "bad game."

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
Every time I think of the Mother series, I always think of Mother 1 first, before Earthbound and Mother 3, because it's the most iconic game of the trilogy for me. It's also the only one that provides a challenge (because the other 2 are a lot easier imo) and of course people have to interpret difficulty or challenging as a "bad game."
Yeah, honestly Mother 1 is my favorite game of the trilogy and just my favorite game in general. I personally like how the game feels much more like an adventure due to how vague and unclear it seems at first. It just has this sense of the story just broadening as you progress and a lot of it just feels so much more real because the story is a lot less forced-seeming than Earthbound. You're not just part of some convenient prophecy, you're a kid on a quest to learn about his family history and stop the unnatural shenanigans going on in his hometown. I wish people would give it more of a chance, and that's why I'm hoping for a remastered trilogy this year. It will allow people to see how good of a game it really is.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, honestly Mother 1 is my favorite game of the trilogy and just my favorite game in general. I personally like how the game feels much more like an adventure due to how vague and unclear it seems at first. It just has this sense of the story just broadening as you progress and a lot of it just feels so much more real because the story is a lot less forced-seeming than Earthbound. You're not just part of some convenient prophecy, you're a kid on a quest to learn about his family history and stop the unnatural shenanigans going on in his hometown. I wish people would give it more of a chance, and that's why I'm hoping for a remastered trilogy this year. It will allow people to see how good of a game it really is.
I never looked at the game from that perspective...I 100% agree with you.

I like Earthbound and Mother 3 more, but Mother 1 has the challenge, the iconic status, and is overall just more memorable, or, at least, as memorable as Earthbound for me. If there's only one game of the Mother series I can rally for, it's Mother 1.

If a remake of the Mother trilogy happens this year...words can't even describe how happy and moonstruck I'd be lol. And I agree, it would at least allow people to give the game a chance.

PSIRailway

Smash Cadet
I never looked at the game from that perspective...I 100% agree with you.

I like Earthbound and Mother 3 more, but Mother 1 has the challenge, the iconic status, and is overall just more memorable, or, at least, as memorable as Earthbound for me. If there's only one game of the Mother series I can rally for, it's Mother 1.

If a remake of the Mother trilogy happens this year...words can't even describe how happy and moonstruck I'd be lol. And I agree, it would at least allow people to give the game a chance.
Yeah, Earthbound and Mother 3 are both really good as well and I like them both for their own reasons. I like the goofy, satirical American setting of Earthbound and Mother 3 has a very enthralling story. Mother 1 kinda combines the two into one, so I guess that's another reason I like it. To me it embodies some of the best parts of the franchise even if the gameplay is somewhat dated and more frustrating than the other two games.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Earthbound and Mother 3 are both really good as well and I like them both for their own reasons. I like the goofy, satirical American setting of Earthbound and Mother 3 has a very enthralling story. Mother 1 kinda combines the two into one, so I guess that's another reason I like it. To me it embodies some of the best parts of the franchise even if the gameplay is somewhat dated and more frustrating than the other two games.
Anything that makes the game more challenging is what just makes it more nostalgic, and I love it for that. The complaints I see online about it - the random encounters and no rolling HP - just make the game better for me. I honestly wouldn't even mind if those mechanics returned in a remake of the game. The only things I need in a remake are improved graphics and sound quality (though those are also things that make Mother 1 more nostalgic for me lol). I do think enemies would be visible, the rolling HP mechanic would be incorporated in, and the graphics and sound quality would be improved in a Mother 1 remake though.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Couldn't have said it better myself honestly. I was shocked at how interesting the plot and lore were when I beat it for my first time.

Also this is honestly the first thing that pops into my head when I think of Mother. Excuse the quality, it's quite literally 10 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxwaYXlXnB4

It doesn't 100% focus on any specific game and gives each game (Including SSBB) time in the limelight. God I feel like super old, vids from this old Youtube user lowkey got me more interested in the Mother series and actually introduced me to Ninten. Doesn't feel like a decade but, damn. I was a weeeeeird 12 year old.

Anything that makes the game more challenging is what just makes it more nostalgic, and I love it for that. The complaints I see online about it - the random encounters and no rolling HP - just make the game better for me. I honestly wouldn't even mind if those mechanics returned in a remake of the game. The only things I need in a remake are improved graphics and sound quality (though those are also things that make Mother 1 more nostalgic for me lol). I do think enemies would be visible, the rolling HP mechanic would be incorporated in, and the graphics and sound quality would be improved in a Mother 1 remake though.
It's like they forgot it was a Famicom game or something. Those are NOTORIOUSLY hard but I don't see people harking on Dragon Quest despite Mother 1 quite literally taking massive influence from said series. They must just lack patience or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Couldn't have said it better myself honestly. I was shocked at how interesting the plot and lore were when I beat it for my first time.

Also this is honestly the first thing that pops into my head when I think of Mother. Excuse the quality, it's quite literally 10 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxwaYXlXnB4

It doesn't 100% focus on any specific game and gives each game (Including SSBB) time in the limelight. God I feel like super old, vids from this old Youtube user lowkey got me more interested in the Mother series and actually introduced me to Ninten. Doesn't feel like a decade but, damn. I was a weeeeeird 12 year old.

It's like they forgot it was a Famicom game or something. Those are NOTORIOUSLY hard but I don't see people harking on Dragon Quest despite Mother 1 quite literally taking massive influence from said series. They must just lack patience or something.
Exactly lol. For a 1989 game it's pretty impressive considering it's better than every other game with those mechanics and most games even without those mechanics today

Top Bottom