• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I think a direct next week could happen because of the nindies last week. That is the only other real theory I have heard. All of my theories about an upcoming direct have been blown to bits.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I think a direct next week could happen because of the nindies last week. That is the only other real theory I have heard. All of my theories about an upcoming direct have been blown to bits.
F.

Flat out praying it's next week now.

Last edited:

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
A Dr.Mario mobile game was announced. That's a nice thing you would announce at a DIRECT,you know.
Huh. Is it like a new Dr. Mario game with a different look or is it just some kind of port? Would like to see some other games like Ice Climber getting in.

Speaking of Ice Climber, back in Melee, kid me used to think Ice Climbers and Ness we somehow related with their slightly similar art style and with one using fire and thunder while the other one used ice.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Huh. Is it like a new Dr. Mario game with a different look or is it just some kind of port? Would like to see some other games like Ice Climber getting in.

Speaking of Ice Climber, back in Melee, kid me used to think Ice Climbers and Ness we somehow related with their slightly similar art style and with one using fire and thunder while the other one used ice.
Kid me thought Pit, Marth and Ike were the same franchise.

Somehow I knew Link was his own thing.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I hope it's soon. The suspense is killing me.

I also want to know if we're getting our Salt Mining Licenses
I want the Salt MIning License too.

A Dr.Mario mobile game was announced. That's a nice thing you would announce at a DIRECT,you know.
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 7.56.49 PM.png

Nintendo please stop.

Kid me thought Pit, Marth and Ike were the same franchise.

Somehow I knew Link was his own thing.
If it makes you guys feel better when I was a kid one of the modes on SSBB I checked before I did Subspace or any of that was the Masterpieces section. When I saw Kid Icarus I actually genuinely thought "Oh maybe this is Lucas's game!"

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
If it makes you guys feel better when I was a kid one of the modes on SSBB I checked before I did Subspace or any of that was the Masterpieces section. When I saw Kid Icarus I actually genuinely thought "Oh maybe this is Lucas's game!"
Old School Pit can somehow be a mythological Mother character

I mean look at this little guy

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Haha, they both do have similar designs don't they. Kid me actually thought that Ness was Smash original when I played 64,
kid me also thought that Ness and Lucas are both in the same game together like as friends. So pretty much both Ness and Lucas
stand out to me from the roster as the most weird but interesting characters.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Ness completely baffled me when I saw him for the first time in Smash 64,it was the first time I saw a character that was both a kid and not from the middle ages.

Dib

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 8414 8692 6408
Haha, they both do have similar designs don't they. Kid me actually thought that Ness was Smash original when I played 64,
kid me also thought that Ness and Lucas are both in the same game together like as friends. So pretty much both Ness and Lucas
stand out to me from the roster as the most weird but interesting characters.
That is the exact reason why one of my most played characters was Ness, even though I had no idea where he came from. I also thought Samus was a guy till Brawl came out. Just like you, I also thought Ness and Lucas were from the same games, like maybe brothers or something.

If Ninten gets announced as DLC and I was a kid who had no idea about Mother, I know I would immediately assume that Ninten and Ness are brothers. xD

Old School Pit can somehow be a mythological Mother character

I mean look at this little guy
He ACTUALLY looks very similar to the art style of Earthbound / Mother, it specifically reminds me of a translated Mother 1 instruction manual where it featured the characters drawn in a similar way.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I also was one of the guys that thought Ness and Lucas were friends. I mean, the dude rescued the other dude in the zoo and they looked similar.

Then I read more about Earthbound and suddenly my brain went Lloyd=Lucas.

I know, huh?

D

Deleted member

I hope it's soon. The suspense is killing me.

I also want to know if we're getting our Salt Mining Licenses
I love salt too

That is the exact reason why one of my most played characters was Ness, even though I had no idea where he came from. I also thought Samus was a guy till Brawl came out. Just like you, I also thought Ness and Lucas were from the same games, like maybe brothers or something.

If Ninten gets announced as DLC and I was a kid who had no idea about Mother, I know I would immediately assume that Ninten and Ness are brothers. xD

He ACTUALLY looks very similar to the art style of Earthbound / Mother, it specifically reminds me of a translated Mother 1 instruction manual where it featured the characters drawn in a similar way.
This is really interesting, lol. The art designs look extremely like each other.

Anyone have any direct updates or theories out of curiosity? I will admit I'm getting a tad anxious.
I think one is coming by mid February

Btw, what do y'all think of the theory that Loid is Dr. Andonuts?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Eh not a fan. But I'm also not a fan of the Ninten being Ness's dad theory either so...

Though I am a big supporter of the Ness and Ninten being half brothers theory however.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
To me that is canon and you can’t tell me otherwise. It also makes Loid the only character to appear in all three games.

Eh not a fan. But I'm also not a fan of the Ninten being Ness's dad theory either so...
That one as well. I don’t care that the timeline doesn’t work out.

First time I’ve heard that one about the half brothers, how does that work?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
First time I’ve heard that one about the half brothers, how does that work?
It's kinda a long one, but the basic synopsis is that they share the same dad. I don't really have it all written down yet, but it's a theory I've been thinking about for a while. One day I'll have it all fleshed out and make a Game Theory lulz.

D

Deleted member

It's kinda a long one, but the basic synopsis is that they share the same dad. I don't really have it all written down yet, but it's a theory I've been thinking about for a while. One day I'll have it all fleshed out and make a Game Theory lulz.
Oh **** Sans is actually their dad.

People thought Sans was Ness. Little did they know.

I'm sorry

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I'm not a big fan of those "X character is Y in Z" theories.
The japanese version of Mother states that Ninten's adventure takes place in 1988,Lloyd is 11 so 1977 would be the year he was born. Mother 2 takes place in 199X,if the adventure takes place as late as 1999,Lloyd would be 22. Far too young to be Andonuts.

But I have nothing against theories,there are some that are very interesting.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh I see, their Dad is Phone.

Oh **** Sans is actually their dad.

People thought Sans was Ness. Little did they know.

I'm sorry
Can we start a Ninten is Sans meme to get Ninten more fame?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh I see, their Dad is Phone.

Can we start a Ninten is Sans meme to get Ninten more fame?
But who was phone?

Also my favorite part of the Sans is Ness video was when Matpat pulled up the map the Map from Mother 1 to compare it to Undertale and used it as evidence that a character from Mother 2 is Sans.
NINTEN CONFIRMED FOR SANS.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ninten is Sans's Dad.

But who was phone?

Also my favorite part of the Sans is Ness video was when Matpat pulled up the map the Map from Mother 1 to compare it to Undertale and used it as evidence that a character from Mother 2 is Sans.
funny since he could've just pointed out Onett's hill, the desert road between Twoson and Threed, and Fourside.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ninten is Ness's long-lost brother who was turned into a Starman, but came to his senses and ended up still having a skeleton inside of him.

His masterfully-created Battle Body still has the Starman insignia because "it's cool."

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
But who was phone?

What do you mean who was Phone? Phone was Phone.

D

Deleted member

I'm ****ing lovin' this.

Ninten is Papyrus

And Sans is Ninten's brother

Now someone should make a riddle leak.

"The character is like Papyrus...

...and has a scarf...

...but isn't from Undertale...

...but rather from a series inspired by Undertale...

...and from a series closely memed with Undertale..."

Your regular Smash fan: "Uhh...Bandana Dee!?

Me, an intellectual...

latest.png

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm ****ing lovin' this.

Ninten is Papyrus

And Sans is Ninten's brother

Now someone should make a riddle leak.

"The character is like Papyrus...

...and has a scarf...

...but isn't from Undertale...

...but rather from a series inspired by Undertale...

...and from a series closely memed with Undertale..."

Your regular Smash fan: "Uhh...Bandana Dee!?

Me, an intellectual...

View attachment 189660
You have no idea how close I am on trying to bait LaxChris with my own crappy riddle leak just to see if he'd read it.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
...I really want to see if someone would actually fall for that.
I have one written up actually. Super tempted to see if I can get him to cover it somehow. He's honestly fallen for dumber things in the past.

I can't believe I was one of his top mods.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have one written up actually. Super tempted to see if I can get him to cover it somehow. He honestly fell for dumber things.

I can't believe I was one of his top mods.
Wait can't you just post in on 4Chan? He covers every single leak there anyways

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WfcD40cRi8

Well this went up yesterday. The game comes out on the 8th and I thought "Hey this week could be a perfect time for a direct since YW3 is coming out and Nintendo might want to push that as one of their 3DS games." But it uploaded separately so I don't even know what to think anymore. Direct at earliest at this point is gonna be the 12th I bet.

In other news this article below recently dropped. Thoughts?

https://www.techradar.com/news/nintendo-has-at-least-one-surprise-switch-game-coming-out-this-year

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WfcD40cRi8

Well this went up yesterday. The game comes out on the eight and I thought "Hey this week could be a perfect time for a direct since YW3 is coming out and Nintendo might want to push that as one of their 3DS games." But it uploaded separately so I don't even know what to think anymore. Direct at earliest at this point is gonna be the 12th I bet.

In other news this article below recently dropped. Thoughts?

https://www.techradar.com/news/nintendo-has-at-least-one-surprise-switch-game-coming-out-this-year
Not really expecting anything in particular. Though Mochizuki also mentioned that another separate unannounced game would be a "nice fit" for online.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._title_lfans_would_be_delighted_to_know_about

Also, be praying that the Direct won't come on the 11th.

Last edited:
Top Bottom