• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

Zeox

Smash Champion
Hello everyone, as you can see for my avatar, I'm a porky fan, but over that I'm a mother fan, I wish you all luck and I hope that at least one of the DLC characters is a Mother character and that Nintendo hasn't forgot about us.

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone, as you can see for my avatar, I'm a porky fan, but over that I'm a mother fan, I wish you all luck and I hope that at least one of the DLC characters is a Mother character and that Nintendo hasn't forgot about us.
Same to you guys my dude!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Like hell we did. We got Piranha Plant, spirits added, character buffs and nerds, 4-player spirit board, a new classic mode, the works.
I think I posted that before I noticed all the buffs and nerfs oops. I guess I was being dumb and expected Home Run Contest or something. Loving the Plant though!

Errr. About that. Brave and Jack have been removed from the game's files.
Excuse me what.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
They probably removed it because they knew we were seeing it, and are trying to hide it.
If Ness have an alt with Mr. Saturn in his shirt, and Lucas have alts with Boney and a Drago in his shirts, I hope Ninten gets an EVE shirt.
Makes sense. Was just a little surprised for sec. Probably because I just woke up.

EVE or Flyng Man are a must in my opinion.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Could be they don't want a repeat of Ryu/Roy.
That's probably more likely. With the datamine being shared around internet
there's no way Nintendo could have not noticed.

They probably removed it because they knew we were seeing it, and are trying to hide it.
If Ness have an alt with Mr. Saturn in his shirt, and Lucas have alts with Boney and a Drago in his shirts, I hope Ninten gets an EVE shirt.
With the running theme of the PSI boys wearing character shirts, I would love to see a Flying Man and EVE as being
a one of the few character shirts for Ninten.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...eletes-darksiders-for-nintendo-switch-trailer

"Was the reveal meant for Nintendo's next Direct broadcast? With it popping up online now, it doesn't feel like we have long to wait and find out."
So what you're saying here is... I need to make my bingo card? Hoo boy here we go.

I do believe it won't be long until we get a direct, now we just need to figure
out is when is it though. (I hope we see some Joker gameplay in the direct)
I'm going to lose my **** if he's actually a chibi.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
So what you're saying here is... I need to make my bingo card? Hoo boy here we go.

I'm going to lose my **** if he's actually a chibi.
That would be a weird turns of event,
I imagine the scenario would be like this.

> Shows Joker in trailer as Normal size human at Games Awards
> Nintendo Direct finally comes out
> Shows Chibi Joker gameboy
> "KID ERDRICK IS CONFIRMED GUYS!!!"

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That would be a weird turns of event,
I imagine the scenario would be like this.

> Shows Joker in trailer as Normal size human at Games Awards
> Nintendo Direct finally comes out
> Shows Chibi Joker gameboy
> "KID ERDRICK IS CONFIRMED GUYS!!!"
And then Kid Erdrick ends up being Ninten 2 minutes later.

An emotional rollercoaster it would be.

Yep. Make your bingo card now

And fill it with chibi Jokers and Nintens :4pacman:
Both are already there don't worry. ;)

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Alright so when do you guys think the next direct is actually gonna come? I'm thinking the latest would be the 7th.

ItsLogic

Smash Cadet
I mean that's a pretty interesting argument, but I think that giving Ness a skin that looks like Ninten is good enough. A skin would be pretty good, and plus his moveset could look more retro to pay homage to Ninten.

D

Deleted member

I mean that's a pretty interesting argument, but I think that giving Ness a skin that looks like Ninten is good enough. A skin would be pretty good, and plus his moveset could look more retro to pay homage to Ninten.
No, it isn't.

Them looking similar doesn't mean they have the same moveset.

In Mother 1, Ninten doesn't use any PSI attacks, while Ness does. Heck, Ness and Lucas have more similarities than Ninten does with Ness!

For a moveset, Ninten can use PK beam as his neutral b (a move he learns from Ana), a PSI controlled boomerang as his side b, 4th-D-Slip as his up b, and either PK Shield or telepathy as his down b. For a final smash, it can be either him, Ana, and Loid singing the 8 melodies, or using EVE.

Plus, this is the support thread for Ninten as a fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
Ninten can't be a Ness skin because Mother 1 doesn't have Yo-Yos, Flash, or Starstorm in it.

And no, Ness using moves he doesn't learn doesn't justify it. Ness represents Earthbound as a game.

D

Deleted member

Exactly. Ninten being a Ness skin doesn't represent him properly from the game he is from.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Ninten have a taunt, he gets an ocarina and plays a little of the eight melodies, this, for some reason, stuns any Mewtwo that is close enough to hear it.

D

Deleted member

Ninten have a taunt, he gets an ocarina and plays a little of the eight melodies, this, for some reason, stuns any Mewtwo that is close enough to hear it.
I love this idea.

It would also be cool if Ninten's classic mode is him playing the 8 melodies on his ocarina while Mewtwo is being harmed, or doing that as a potential final smash along with Ana and Loid

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I could see his classic mode maybe being fighting things related to Magicant or maybe just the overall game lore, like the Flying Men or Mewtwo on a mountain stage,

Also a stage that's just the Koopalings spamming side B with only Smoke Ball items as a Mad Truck fight.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I hate alt skins. #JusticeForAlph

D

Deleted member

I could see his classic mode maybe being fighting things related to Magicant or maybe just the overall game lore, like the Flying Men or Mewtwo on a mountain stage,

Also a stage that's just the Koopalings spamming side B with only Smoke Ball items as a Mad Truck fight.
Well I love both of those ideas

I feel you brother.

#JusticeForAlph

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
fighter_kind_primeribs

yeah Alph should be separated, he has the blank stare the whole time until he get's hit; plus, he could use the Rock Pikmin, maybe some different ways of attacking with the Pikmin, and...I dunno...dodge whistle? Bulbmin?

Some of the Koopalings are weird with their inanimate faces as well.

Last edited:

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
I think Alph should be updated in the future to an echo fighter
That would be the best choice,I mean I'm not very fond of him nor Olimar but poor guy lol. I think he is still a skin because they forgot about him in the development until they started to design the color swaps of the fighters or something.

D

Deleted member

That would be the best choice,I mean I'm not very fond of him nor Olimar but poor guy lol. I think he is still a skin because they forgot about him in the development until they started to design the color swaps of the fighters or something.
Yeah. I think the reason was that they didn't have enough time to develop him as a clone in Smash 4, and that it just carried over to Ultimate...?

I'm not sure, though.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I think the reason was that they didn't have enough time to develop him as a clone in Smash 4, and that it just carried over to Ultimate...?

I'm not sure, though.
I really want them to release skins just like Alph or the Koopalings as DLC for other characters. I don't know,an Ana skin for Lucas just to put an example (the rope snake can be just a rope or the onyx hook). But I know Sakurai won't do that.

D

Deleted member

I really want them to release skins just like Alph or the Koopalings as DLC for other characters. I don't know,an Ana skin for Lucas just to put an example (the rope snake can be just a rope or the onyx hook). But I know Sakurai won't do that.
I would really like that too. I do think it's unlikely though.

But I'm pretty sure Ninten will get an Ana based alt (if he is DLC, of course)

Top Bottom