• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yep, just got the ASC leveled up to 99 and I can now say with certainty that Ninten is the most powerful of all the EB spirits.

Does this mean anything? Probably not. Just thought I'd share. :3

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I have a question for you guys. The Porky fanbase recently discovered that the ASC spirit is using the sprite when Porky isn't in it, meaning that Porky is not in the ASC featured in the spirit. This means that as of right now, Porky is not directly represented at all in Ultimate which is extremely odd given how important he is to the series. I'm not trying to make it sound like they're competing (because they're not), but do you guys think this could possibly hinder Ninten's chances?

D

Deleted member

I have a question for you guys. The Porky fanbase recently discovered that the ASC spirit is using the sprite when Porky isn't in it, meaning that Porky is not in the ASC featured in the spirit. This means that as of right now, Porky is not directly represented at all in Ultimate which is extremely odd given how important he is to the series. I'm not trying to make it sound like they're competing (because they're not), but do you guys think this could possibly hinder Ninten's chances?
Well, myself and The Anigriffin The Anigriffin think that Porky not being a spirit could be to avoid spoilers. For instance, Claus and the Masked Man are 2 different spirits, and I think this was done to avoid spoilers. Porky not being a spirit may be to avoid spoilers as well

And plus, even if Porky is one of the DLC, there's the possibility of there being an echo fighter pass, and Ninten could be one of those echo fighters, Sakurai only said that echo fighters will not be a part of the pass. He never said there wouldn't be any more echo fighters

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeastHimself

Well, myself and The Anigriffin The Anigriffin think that Porky not being a spirit could be to avoid spoilers. For instance, Claus and the Masked Man are 2 different spirits, and I think this was done to avoid spoilers. Porky not being a spirit may be to avoid spoilers as well
But then again, idk if they were trying to avoid spoilers because iirc the Masked Man spirit battle has you fighting the Claus alt before taking on the Masked Man alt.

D

Deleted member

But then again, idk if they were trying to avoid spoilers because iirc the Masked Man spirit battle has you fighting the Claus alt before taking on the Masked Man alt.
I think you are referring to the Claus spirit battle. In that battle, you fight Claus, and then you fight a metal Lucas in his Masked Man alt, rather than a metal Lucas in his Claus alt

TheBeastHimself

I think you are referring to the Claus spirit battle. In that battle, you fight Claus, and then you fight a metal Lucas in his Masked Man alt, rather than a metal Lucas in his Claus alt
Either way, I still think that flat-out translates to "Claus = Masked Man", so I don't necessarily believe that spirits, or the ASC, were designed to purposefully avoid spoilers. It's odd that Ninten appears but Porky is literally completely absent. I'm not saying this guarantees Porky the Mother slot (if the series was to get one), but this is just something interesting I wanted to point out.

D

Deleted member

Either way, I still think that flat-out translates to "Claus = Masked Man", so I don't necessarily believe that spirits, or the ASC, were designed to purposefully avoid spoilers. It's odd that Ninten appears but Porky is literally completely absent. I'm not saying this guarantees Porky the Mother slot (if the series was to get one), but this is just something interesting I wanted to point out.
Idk though. If they weren't avoiding spoilers, I think they would have made the Claus spirit evolve into the Masked Man spirit. Heck, even Claus is a legendary spirit while Masked Man is an ace spirit.

There was also a different team of people assigned to creating and selecting the spirits. For Porky not being a spirit, I think he was either left out to avoid spoilers, they just decided not to add him as a spirit, or he's being held back and added as a spirit if Mother 3 localized/remake of the 3 Mother games comes to the Switch. Sylux also isn't a spirit, and I think he will be added as one for Metroid Prime 4 next year

Anyways, good night everyone

FerrousFarron

Smash Cadet
I've been reading through this thread and the support thread for Porky in Smash and honestly, I can't help but feel a little bit hype seeing all the potential evidence that's built up that points towards even the smallest chance of this franchise getting more rep. I don't care if it's Porky or if it's Ninten, I just want to see one of those two make it in.

I kinda lean more towards wanting Ninten, though. Porky is a solid idea because of the apparent Heroes vs. Villains theme that's going on, so if there was ever a time where they would be planning on adding him, this would seem to be it. But on the other hand, I really want Ninten just because it feels so incomplete not having all three protagonists in the game.

My only fear is Nintendo not realizing his solidity as a standalone character, taking the lazy route and making him an echo fighter. That would honestly break my heart, since he's got plenty of options that would make him unique.

Though I think I'm really hype for whatever characterization they would give him. I really liked seeing how expressive all the fighters were in Ultimate, so I hope that if they add him, they give him his own sort of personality as well, especially since there are scattered, somewhat obscure materials out there that show that Itoi did have something in mind for Ninten that, at least in my opinion, really sets him apart in terms of personality from the other protagonists.

A taunt involving him needing his inhaler would be a given, or at least it should be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been reading through this thread and the support thread for Porky in Smash and honestly, I can't help but feel a little bit hype seeing all the potential evidence that's built up that points towards even the smallest chance of this franchise getting more rep. I don't care if it's Porky or if it's Ninten, I just want to see one of those two make it in.

I kinda lean more towards wanting Ninten, though. Porky is a solid idea because of the apparent Heroes vs. Villains theme that's going on, so if there was ever a time where they would be planning on adding him, this would seem to be it. But on the other hand, I really want Ninten just because it feels so incomplete not having all three protagonists in the game.

My only fear is Nintendo not realizing his solidity as a standalone character, taking the lazy route and making him an echo fighter. That would honestly break my heart, since he's got plenty of options that would make him unique.

Though I think I'm really hype for whatever characterization they would give him. I really liked seeing how expressive all the fighters were in Ultimate, so I hope that if they add him, they give him his own sort of personality as well, especially since there are scattered, somewhat obscure materials out there that show that Itoi did have something in mind for Ninten that, at least in my opinion, really sets him apart in terms of personality from the other protagonists.

A taunt involving him needing his inhaler would be a given, or at least it should be.
Welcome! :)

I really want Ninten too so all 3 Mother protags will be on the roster.

I think they see his potential. According to a recent article, Sakurai wants characters who bring a unique and fun playstyle to the roster. And if he can make a moveset for a plant, Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck-hunt, and a Nintendo accessory....he can make Ninten unique. I know it.

In all 3 Mother games, the protags have different attitudes. Ninten is the angry, determined, go-for-it kid, Ness is the happy kid, and Lucas is the sad kid. They all have different kinds of personality throughout their games. Having the 3 of them on the roster would represent all 3 Mother games and all 3 Mother series protags' personalitites

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Ninten always had the potential to be 100% unique,it's up to Sakurai to see his worth.

Also kinda off topic but I just found this ,pretty cool huh? It's looks so good too,with a few edits it could even look official...

D

Deleted member

Ninten always had the potential to be 100% unique,it's up to Sakurai to see his worth.

Also kinda off topic but I just found this ,pretty cool huh? It's looks so good too,with a few edits it could even look official...
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I really need to learn to set alarms.

Alright about the whole Claus spoiler thing, of course it’s gonna be obvious to us the Mother fans! However if a person brand new to the series just saw the Claus fight, they wouldn’t assume right away that the Masked Man is Claus ESPECIALLY since it turns out that the Masked Man actually has his own spirit battle set on New Pork. It’s once again the Masked Man alt with a Beam Sword. If anything I think they’re trying to throw in a Red Herring. There’s a few different classic modes where the Masked Man alt is used to depict an Evil Lucas. They’re also super blunt about most spoilers like Zelgius being the Black Knight and Mecha Fiora that them NOT being super obvious with Mother spoilers is actually more odd. This is why I don’t think it’s gonna be Porky. (That and all the ingame oddities point to another character entirely.)Also all the arguments for Porky lacking a spirit could also be used for Giygas so... I don’t think it’s a strong argument especially when Sakurai actually went out of his way to tell the spirit teams if they include a certain franchise, they must include a certain character. Porky was a Trophy in Smash 4 so the lack of Porky being there is more than likely a choice from Itoi rather than Sakurai forgetting about him or saving him as DLC. Though nothing is set in stone obviously, just going with what makes the most sense to me.

Also I just thought of something. As much as I’d love for Mt. Itoi to be Ninten’s stage if he’s in, I’m actually thinking it might be the Podunk Zoo, due to it’s possible appearance in Subspace. I dunno though. Just food for thought.

One day you’ll at least be an echo.

One day...

D

Deleted member

I really need to learn to set alarms.

Alright about the whole Claus spoiler thing, of course it’s gonna be obvious to us the Mother fans! However if a person brand new to the series just saw the Claus fight, they wouldn’t assume right away that the Masked Man is Claus ESPECIALLY since it turns out that the Masked Man actually has his own spirit battle set on New Pork. It’s once again the Masked Man alt with a Beam Sword. If anything I think they’re trying to throw in a Red Herring. There’s a few different classic modes where the Masked Man alt is used to depict an Evil Lucas. They’re also super blunt about most spoilers like Zelgius being the Black Knight and Mecha Fiora that them NOT being super obvious with Mother spoilers is actually more odd. This is why I don’t think it’s gonna be Porky. (That and all the ingame oddities point to another character entirely.)Also all the arguments for Porky lacking a spirit could also be used for Giygas so... I don’t think it’s a strong argument especially when Sakurai actually went out of his way to tell the spirit teams if they include a certain franchise, they must include a certain character. Porky was a Trophy in Smash 4 so the lack of Porky being there is more than likely a choice from Itoi rather than Sakurai forgetting about him or saving him as DLC. Though nothing is set in stone obviously, just going with what makes the most sense to me.

Also I just thought of something. As much as I’d love for Mt. Itoi to be Ninten’s stage if he’s in, I’m actually thinking it might be the Podunk Zoo, due to it’s possible appearance in Subspace. I dunno though. Just food for thought.

One day you’ll at least be an echo.

One day...
You summed up the Mother spirits situation perfectly.

That's an interesting choice for Ninten's stage. Snowman might be a cool choice for a stage as well.

I really liked that mod. Imagine getting a unique Mother rep as DLC this game and then getting another one in a future Smash game or a future wave of DLC. That would be awesome. Fairly unlikely we will get another in a 2nd wave of DLC if we already got one in the first, however

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
You summed up the Mother spirits situation perfectly.

That's an interesting choice for Ninten's stage. Snowman might be a cool choice for a stage as well.

I really liked that mod. Imagine getting a unique Mother rep as DLC this game and then getting another one in a future Smash game or a future wave of DLC. That would be awesome. Fairly unlikely we will get another in a 2nd wave of DLC if we already got one in the first, however
Oh thank god my rambling was coherent.

Starman Jr could possibly be a stagehazard. The animals could also function as hazards/backfground elements as well. Hopefully the penguins would be there too. Snowman would be interesting too since it’d have a different aesthetic. Are there any snowy stages? I can’t think of any off the top of my head. Kinda willing to bet Ninten’s final Smash would be EVE though.

: Prays for Claus even though I know he’s just a pipe dream :

D

Deleted member

Oh thank god my rambling was coherent.

Starman Jr could possibly be a stagehazard. The animals could also function as hazards/backfground elements as well. Hopefully the penguins would be there too. Snowman would be interesting too since it’d have a different aesthetic. Are there any snowy stages? I can’t think of any off the top of my head. Kinda willing to bet Ninten’s final Smash would be EVE though.

: Prays for Claus even though I know he’s just a pipe dream :
Oh yeah, Starman Jr would make a really good stage hazard. If EVE is Ninten's final Smash, I could see Ninten's party members in the background of the stage. That;s an interesting idea about the animals too.

I don't think Claus is that much of a pipe dream, but I do think Ninten is more likely

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well, there's Summit, though I guess it's pretty much just solid ice; there's no snowy weather, so...
How did I forget about that one.

Oh yeah, Starman Jr would make a really good stage hazard. If EVE is Ninten's final Smash, I could see Ninten's party members in the background of the stage. That;s an interesting idea about the animals too.

I don't think Claus is that much of a pipe dream, but I do think Ninten is more likely
Yeah... Ninty’s certainly more likely. And I think that’s a good thing. The boy deserves it.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
P K B O O M E R A N G
I love the sound effects too.

It’s kinda funny as I plan to cosplay Ninten at a con in a few months, and if he’s in, I have a feeling it’s gonna end up being a completely different design then the one I’m using Heh...

D

Deleted member

I love the sound effects too.

It’s kinda funny as I plan to cosplay Ninten at a con in a few months, and if he’s in, I have a feeling it’s gonna end up being a completely different design then the one I’m using Heh...
I can't wait to see the design Sakurai uses for Ninten if he is in. He would look awesome with an official 3D model

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I was talking to my friend that likes Persona about the whole Jack and Brave Person leak, and this may be common knowledge but Joker was referred to early on as “the Jack of all trades.” It wasn’t a constant name or a label, just a description given to him by one of the character’s friends.

I’m not saying the Pippi convo automatically makes Ninten this other character, but seeing that Joker’s codename was a description given to him by a friend, it’s far from impossible.

Just spitballing.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be really critical of Mizumi right now, but I don't really want to sound rude. I think he is causing confusion by saying the height stat doesn't matter, because it certainly does. If you line up characters by their height stat, they go in order of tallest to shortest. Isabelle is the only character who is actually barely taller than her height stat. Captain falcon is size 18, and luigi is size 15, actually. I don't know where he is getting these fake values, but it's misinforming a lot of people. Height has always been a perfect way to gauge a character's size, lol.
Looks like height matters again.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
I was talking to my friend that likes Persona about the whole Jack and Brave Person leak, and this may be common knowledge but Joker was referred to early on as “the Jack of all trades.” It wasn’t a constant name or a label, just a description given to him by one of the character’s friends.

I’m not saying the Pippi convo automatically makes Ninten this other character, but seeing that Joker’s codename was a description given to him by a friend, it’s far from impossible.

Just spitballing.
Very interesting insight imo.

D

Deleted member

Just spitballing.
This is a really good point. I never would have thought of it that way

Top Bottom