• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

That is fine, though I'm not expecting either strongly due to Nintendo seemingly acknowledging Itoi's stance on the series. We'll see what happens tho.
A remake of the 3 Mother games or Mother 3 localization is still possible though. Itoi was only referring to a brand new game. And who knows, he could change his mind

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The sad thing is I don’t expect anything EB related to be revealed till around March.

Welp. Guess I better use this time to chill. Please just put it in the next direct if real Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

The sad thing is I don’t expect anything EB related to be revealed till around March.

Welp. Guess I better use this time to chill. Please just put it in the next direct if real Nintendo.
I think something Mother related will be either be revealed and then release in July, or something Mother related will be revealed in July and then release later

Porky would be cool, but I would be lying if I said I didn't prefer Ninten.
This is how I am too. Like you said, Porky would be cool, but I prefer Ninten a lot more

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman

I could seeing it either being the January direct or the spring direct. Of course I would prefer the January direct.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Call me a lunatic but I think the datamined character is Ninten, and my friend thinks the same.

Weight is just density, meaning how hard they are to launch. NOT how much the character weighs. Mewtwo is a heavy Pokemon in the games, but in Smash he’s one of the lightest characters in the game. So it not being accurate to the characters actual weight is pretty moot.

I mean, the height of Ness, can’t wall jump, super floaty, slides a bit, doesn’t have a rapid jab... All those could fit Ninten easily, as the other EB characters share those traits.

Combine that with all the ingame oddities, Mystery character no. 70, and the subtle hinting from WOL and the Mother 3 team...

I think it’s him. I really do. Could I be wrong? Yes. But there’s a point where things stop being coincidences and I think we’ve hit that point. I’m not caving to “leaks” and popular opinion this time. I’m going with my gut.
Honestly, I think you are right. So much is just adding up here. I am wondering about the codename brave though. Brave is certainly a defining aspect of Ninten as fighting Gigyas and an alien invasion with a strong possibility of dying was certainly brave, but I almost feel like Brave needs to be something more tangible than just a character trait. Was the word brave ever used in-game to describe Ninten or something else he has done?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think you are right. So much is just adding up here. I am wondering about the codename brave though. Brave is certainly a defining aspect of Ninten as fighting Gigyas and an alien invasion with a strong possibility of dying was certainly brave, but I almost feel like Brave needs to be something more tangible than just a character trait. Was the word brave ever used in-game to describe Ninten or something else he has done?
That's a good point.

Let's brainstorm

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I think something Mother related will be either be revealed and then release in July, or something Mother related will be revealed in July and then release later

This is how I am too. Like you said, Porky would be cool, but I prefer Ninten a lot more
Speaking of directs... What happened to the possible direct that Polarpanda and Fatmanonice mentioned? Was it just a bunch of bull?

Lulz, I’m a psychotic Claus fangirl and as much as I’d love him, I’d be lying if I said he’s a more deserving character. Ninten honestly needs this more than any other Mother character.

Well, it technically translates to Brave Person which could literally be applied to just about any JRPG Protagonist, so it might be vague on purpose. Dunno. Gotta finish my current playthrough of Mother 1 first I suppose.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
That's a good point.

Let's brainstorm
This might just be a minor point, but when you rescue pippi in the beginning of the game, she calls Ninten brave twice. If you say yes to that she gives you a franklin badge.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Well, it technically translates to Brave Person which could literally be applied to just about any JRPG Protagonist, so it might be vague on purpose.
That is true. I wouldn't be surprised if it was vague on purpose to describe any protagonist.
I hope the January direct actually frigging happens. Until then, we're stuck in Korean bot hell.
Yeah I agree, I just really want the direct to be announced.

D

Deleted member

I hope the January direct actually frigging happens. Until then, we're stuck in Korean bot hell.
And I hope it reveals the ****ing brave character. There was even a thread created to discuss the mysterious character

This might just be a minor point, but when you rescue pippi in the beginning of the game, she calls Ninten brave twice. If you say yes to that she gives you a franklin badge.
I forgot about that too

Maybe they are referring to him as brave the same way Pippi does? That is interesting though

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
You and me both. If they don't say anything about more Wii U ports, they need something big enough that's worth the mention, and that would be it.
I just want the fighting over Erdrick to stop. Though to be honest, fighting would probably start with the next expected character anyway.

D

Deleted member

At least it'd probably shut down the current "me too" roster prediction leak. That's the best one can hope for.
The Ryu, Steve, and Doom Guy leak?

The garbage leak that people don't know is the same as every 4Chan leak LaxChris covers?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
There was this piece of art created by an official member of Mother 3 showing the Mother 3 characters playing Smash Ultimate on their Nintendo Switches:

https://smashboards.com/attachments/dtylpkbuwaaiis5-jpg.183474/

It's really beautiful
That is beautiful! I never saw this before, and it made my day a little better (I'm going through a really tough time).

The Ryu, Steve, and Doom Guy leak?

The garbage leak that people don't know is the same as every 4Chan leak LaxChris covers?
Why do people still believe and fight over leaks lmao did the grinch leak not mean anything to anyone? Did the Sm4sh Rayman leak not matter either?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I just want the fighting over Erdrick to stop. Though to be honest, fighting would probably start with the next expected character anyway.
Ninten being “Brave” would cause a ****show that could only be rivaled by the salt storm Isabelle caused last September.
It’d be absoultely amazing.

At least it'd probably shut down the current "me too" roster prediction leak. That's the best one can hope for.
...People don’t actually believe that one...

Right....?

D

Deleted member

That'd be it, yup. Hard to miss.
Also hard for people to realize that it was just taken out of the dumpster

That is beautiful! I never saw this before, and it made my day a little better (I'm going through a really tough time).

Why do people still believe and fight over leaks lmao did the grinch leak not mean anything to anyone? Did the Sm4sh Rayman leak not matter either?
I'm sorry about that. Good luck with what's happening

I'm not believing any leak regarding the DLC picks anymore. Especially after no one, not even Verge, knew about Joker

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Also hard for people to realize that it was just taken out of the dumpster

I'm sorry about that. Good luck with what's happening

I'm not believing any leak regarding the DLC picks anymore. Especially after no one, not even Verge, knew about Joker
Thank you I appreciate that! :)

And same. Unless I hear about new content from Nintendo or Sakurai, nothing is real lol.

D

Deleted member

Especially on a place like Gamefaq's. It would be fun to watch.
Now that will be the Ultimate saltmine.

Thank you I appreciate that! :)

And same. Unless I hear about new content from Nintendo or Sakurai, nothing is real lol.
You are welcome :)

That is one thing that is annoying me about people in threads like the Square Enix thread. They are so convinced that Erdrick is a character because the same leakers who had no idea about Joker are saying that he is in. Like, it's okay if people think he is in, but it's another to insult people and act like Eddy is 100% confirmed.

On the topic of leaks, I highly doubt anything Mother related will get leaked, as seeing that neither Lucas as DLC in Smash 4 nor EBB on the WiiU VC were leaked. Verge leaked Mother 3 at the end of 2017 and all the games he leaked other than Mother 3 came to the Switch in some form. Since I don't think anything Mother related will get leaked, I think Verge may be wrong, and instead a remake of the 3 Mother games come to the Switch

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That is one thing that is annoying me about people in threads like the Square Enix thread. They are so convinced that Erdrick is a character because the same leakers who had no idea about Joker are saying that he is in. Like, it's okay if people think he is in, but it's another to insult people and act like Eddy is 100% confirmed.

On the topic of leaks, I highly doubt anything Mother related will get leaked, as seeing that neither Lucas as DLC in Smash 4 nor EBB on the WiiU VC were leaked. Verge leaked Mother 3 at the end of 2017 and all the games he leaked other than Mother 3 came to the Switch in some form. Since I don't think anything Mother related will get leaked, I think Verge may be wrong, and instead a remake of the 3 Mother games come to the Switch
And here we have the reason why I am not active on the Geno or Square boards at the moment. It’s an echo chamber over in the square thread. How dare someone have an opinion counter to mine, such blasphemy. Ah irony... Seriously, Ninten being “Brave” would certainly make them reevaluate themselves and their biases. Right? Hopefully? Please I’m begging. It’s funny because they’d be quick to shut me down “cuz yer biased Ani.”

Yeah. I’m thinking collection myself as well. And so many people have “leaked” Mother 3 that even if a genuine leaker gets knowledge of it, people would just blow it off. It’s an interesting situation for sure. Kinda reminds me of a rumor I found on 4chan a while back. Hmm. Maybe I should find that and hold onto it for the hell of it even if it’s fake.

D

Deleted member

And here we have the reason why I am not active on the Geno or Square boards at the moment. It’s an echo chamber over in the square thread. How dare someone have an opinion counter to mine, such blasphemy. Ah irony... Seriously, Ninten being “Brave” would certainly make them reevaluate themselves and their biases. Right? Hopefully? Please I’m begging. It’s funny because they’d be quick to shut me down “cuz yer biased Ani.”

Yeah. I’m thinking collection myself as well. And so many people have “leaked” Mother 3 that even if a genuine leaker gets knowledge of it, people would just blow it off. It’s an interesting situation for sure. Kinda reminds me of a rumor I found on 4chan a while back. Hmm. Maybe I should find that and hold onto it for the hell of it even if it’s fake.
I thought Joker did a perfectly good job of breaking the speculation cycle. Ninten coming would make the broken pieces of the speculation cycle wither away

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Turns out I took a screencap of the Pippi convo during my playthrough a few months back for whatever reason. Good on me for meticulously screencaping things that probably don't need to be screencapped.

For some stupid reason Smash boards won't let me upload the images though so that's cool.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/476860855560962071/534540215482581012/He_a_brave_boi.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/476860855560962071/534540225687584780/He_a_brave_boi_2.png

Praying that these links work at least.

Last edited:

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Turns out I took a screencap of the Pippi convo during my playthrough a few months back for whatever reason. Good on me for meticulously screencaping things that probably don't need to be screencapped.

For some stupid reason Smash boards won't let me upload the images though so that's cool.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/476860855560962071/534540215482581012/He_a_brave_boi.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/476860855560962071/534540225687584780/He_a_brave_boi_2.png

Yeah the links work. Good job on that meticulous screencapping. Definitely an interesting conversation.

D

Deleted member

They work :) Hopefully Ninten is brave

However, a dataminer, Mizumi, tweeted that the character's height is irrelevant without a model, so Ninten being as tall as Ness and a smidge shorter than Mario is a point that can't be used to support him being the brave character: https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1084911176054657024?s=19

Ninten can still be it, though

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
They work :) Hopefully Ninten is brave

However, a dataminer, Mizumi, tweeted that the character's height is irrelevant without a model, so Ninten being as tall as Ness and a smidge shorter than Mario is a point that can't be used to support him being the brave character: https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1084911176054657024?s=19

Ninten can still be it, though
I'll say one thing though, due to how quickly people threw together Hero = Sword Goku, I really doubt him. Jack ain't obvious if you didn't know Joker was coming.

I still think it's him. I'm sure the dataminers are saying that to cover all bases so people don't immediately jump to conclusions based on JUST the stats. By that one definition, the wall jumping stat could also be altered. I do kinda find it funny that people are talking only about the height changing throughout development rather than literally every other stat. I don't think the height is gonna change much seeing Sakurai knows the characters he's working with. For all we know it could be like how Lucas may appear taller than Ness due to his hair, but they are still the same height. I think I also heard a theory that Hero was in development longer than the other two? Dunno. I'm rambling at this point. I think they just don't want people jumping to conclusions without any evidence is all, which I personally don't blame them. This fandom can be insufferable at times and I'm sure they don't want to get the salt patrol on their heels when the character turns out to not be who everyone expects.

We've got a bit more than just the stats backing us up though. And if Brave is Mystery Character no. 70, I think I might know exactly who it is. ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll say one thing though, due to how quickly people threw together Hero = Sword Goku, I really doubt him. Jack ain't obvious if you didn't know Joker was coming.

I still think it's him. I'm sure the dataminers are saying that to cover all bases so people don't immediately jump to conclusions based on JUST the stats. By that one definition, the wall jumping stat could also be altered. I do kinda find it funny that people are talking only about the height changing throughout development rather than literally every other stat. I don't think the height is gonna change much seeing Sakurai knows the characters he's working with. For all we know it could be like how Lucas may appear taller than Ness due to his hair, but they are still the same height. I think I also heard a theory that Hero was in development longer than the other two? Dunno. I'm rambling at this point. I think they just don't want people jumping to conclusions without any evidence is all, which I personally don't blame them. This fandom can be insufferable at times and I'm sure they don't want to get the salt patrol on their heels when the character turns out to not who everyone expects.

We've got a bit more than just the stats backing us up though. And if Brave is Mystery Character no. 70, I think I might know exactly who it is. ;)
Now brave potentially being the missing character is a good point. If true, then brave is a first party character with a theme made for Ultimate. We don't know for sure though.

Ninten does fit the stats though :)

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
stock icons for m1 reps

Ninten
ninten.png
ninten small.png

Ana
ana.png
Ana stock.png

Giygas
giygas.png
giygas small.png

oh and i really hope brave isn't erdrick he looks really lame, if its a square rep at least be crono if not geno

D

Deleted member

stock icons for m1 reps

Ninten
View attachment 186819View attachment 186820

Ana
View attachment 186821View attachment 186822

Giygas
View attachment 186823View attachment 186824

oh and i really hope brave isn't erdrick he looks really lame, if its a square rep at least be crono if not geno
These are really nice icons.

If brave is Eddy, I would be happy for a friend of mine who wanted him, but other than that, yeah, I'm not too big on him.

Same thing with Crono. I need the SE rep to be Geno, he's my most wanted, and Ninten is my second most wanted. If the SE rep can't be Geno, I would want it to be Crono too

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
These are really nice icons.

If brave is Eddy, I would be happy for a friend of mine who wanted him, but other than that, yeah, I'm not too big on him.

Same thing with Crono. I need the SE rep to be Geno, he's my most wanted, and Ninten is my second most wanted. If the SE rep can't be Geno, I would want it to be Crono too
Personally I'd like Sora as a friend of mine really loves Kingdom Hearts and I personally find it a guilty pleasure series, so I'd be cool with him. Even if it's not a "square" rep.

Geno's my no. 2 pick behind Ninten though.

Top Bottom